The "What are you currently playing?" Thread

Saber · 732362

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • -Lousy Artist since 1991-
Reply #2625 on: July 31, 2011, 11:35:37 PM
Just finished Bayonetta on Hard mode recently and I'm starting my crow-hunting in Non-Stop Infinite Climax. Prior to that...

[spoiler=Bayonetta Secret Boss]During my Hard mode course, I got the 10,000,000 Halos requirement for the Platinum Ticket at Chapter XII. And boy, let me tell, the EX Boss in this game is hard if not cheap as [tornado fang]. The game is forced to Non-Stop Infinite Climax, so Witch Time is blocked whenever you dodge an attack. Second, because the area you fight in is considered Alfheim, you can't use items to save your ass when you really needed it the most (and believe me, this cheap mo-fo will make you beg to use a Mega Herb Lollipop). And when the EX Boss is close to dying, things really get [tornado fang]'d up and cheap; the boss can do an Akuma-ish grab where it kills your HP to 1 (like Heartless Angel from FF7 or KH2) and it really begins to be a [Top Spin] and spans a shitload of attacks at you.

After MANY attempts, I finally beaten the sonuvabitch with only just Shuraba, Durga, Evil Harvest Rosary, and Pully's Butterfly, and I couldn't be more happier than a fat kid on a Happy Meal when I finally beat him.[/spoiler]

I just finished Bunny Must Die today with 100%, now to start Chelsea and the 7Devils to bring the story to it's conclusion. I'm also playing around with Virtual-ON: Oratorio Tangram demo because I'm considering into getting it if it goes on sale (and I get my Gold membership back).

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #2626 on: August 02, 2011, 02:00:52 AM
Still chuggin' along in Ocarina of Time 3D. I can't stress enough how amazing the 3D effect is in this game. Something which left much to be desired in the other 3DS titles. As someone who never played the original, i'm having a blast with this game.

Offline xnamkcor

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #2627 on: August 02, 2011, 06:18:40 AM
CIMA: The Enemy.

I hate this game so much. I want to like it, but it seem like one long annoying dungeon in a normal RPG.

Archer

Reply #2628 on: August 09, 2011, 05:49:16 AM
Final Fantasy VII which I got off the PSN.

It's... quite enjoyable actually. Makes me feel nostalgic.

Offline Gotham Ranger

• Magic Everywhere In This Bitch
  • Master's Unit
  • Ooo, shiny~
    • View Profile
Reply #2629 on: August 11, 2011, 02:25:47 PM
Just finished Mega Man X3 with both endings. Finally got to give the game a good run on my SNES. Already beaten X/2/Xtreme. Now I need to go with Xtreme 2 to X8.

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • -Lousy Artist since 1991-
Reply #2630 on: August 13, 2011, 12:13:31 AM
I've officially finished all of Bayonetta's Achievements. And have to say that this is one of the best games from Hideki Kamiya I've played since the original Devil May Cry on PS2.

Now then, time to wait until I can get my filthy hands on these games and start playing 'em.

[spoiler=Video Dump][youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqblxdzpAho[/youtube]
Can't wait to start playing this! I really should start watching the anime.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPNla9sXBI0[/youtube]
Rockin Android, you better bring this game to Xbox 360 whenever you stop mooching of PlayStation 3 along with SUGURI, the original Acceleration of SUGURI with the online play in tact, and Sora!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbdzJGrO3OE[/youtube]
Looks like a Crescent Pale Mist contender if you ask me.

There's gonna be more at this summer's Comiket.[/spoiler]

Offline irgpie

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #2631 on: August 16, 2011, 06:41:05 AM
NieR

A bit back an... acquaintance was insisting I get this. So, with Rogers apparently having a 2-for-1 rental deal, I figured I'd finally try it. I do not regret getting it. It's pretty damn good. In fact I can't think of anything negative to say. Unlike most Hack N' Slashers I've played, the enemies haven't gotten to the point of rage-inducing annoyance late in the game. The levelling system is simple enough for even me to use right. This is coming from someone that avoids RPGs like the Plague. One aspect in particular I enjoy, like most games, is the music. I'm seemingly a sucker for female vocals, so first hearing it in the village you start at and the main field just north was most pleasant. The story is also intriguing, and each character has a unique design and personality that makes them rather memorable (♥ Kainé, foul-mouthed as she is).

Other game I rented was Sonic Unleashed (PS3 ver.)

Played Colours before this one, and I find myself much preferring it. Not everyone has that good of reaction time, so the excessive [parasitic bomb] coming out of nowhere and "Press this to not screw up/die" just does not thrill me. The Werehog stages meanwhile I don't mind at all. Having just played God of War not long before this, I feel right at home.Well, aside from constantly hitting the right analogue stick, expecting it to make me roll, only to twitch the camera. But yeah overall, I really hope the stages in Generations are more like Colours' instead of this.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #2632 on: August 17, 2011, 12:54:36 AM
One thing that will help with the QTE's in the Werehog stages is to weaken your enemies as much as possible.

If you have troubles with the reaction time I would suggest not upgrading your speed until after you've beaten the game, and focus on upgrading Werehog instead (Occasionally dumping some EXP into Ring Energy is also advised.)

Just be lucky that the game isn't as hard as Eggmanland throughout.

Offline Reaperoid

• Redundant
  • Master's Unit
  • d-don't fear the reaper
    • View Profile
Reply #2633 on: August 22, 2011, 04:14:59 PM
Jedi Academy: Knights of the Force mod
Episode III Anakin, oh yes.

I guess all I can really say is it isn't exactly what I'd expect out of a $4.4M game

It doesn't even have mouth animations

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #2634 on: August 28, 2011, 11:23:12 PM
Playing Deus Ex Human Revolution. Loving it a lot.

Haven't played the first DX games I must admit though. I probably should fix that. Soon.

Offline Superjustinbros

• It's me.
  • Resistance Member
  • Something
    • View Profile
    • Super Justin: The Blog
Reply #2635 on: August 30, 2011, 09:52:48 PM
Aquanoid is what I'm playing right now. It's an Arkanoid clone for DOS with a large variety of powerups.

Offline slayer

• War-Pig
  • Robot Master
  • Mavericks are for pussies...real men kill Aliens
    • View Profile
    • MY fan thingys , help me overcome my fear to show my draws please
Reply #2636 on: August 31, 2011, 12:59:25 AM
Playing Deus Ex Human Revolution. Loving it a lot.

Haven't played the first DX games I must admit though. I probably should fix that. Soon.
i suggest you to play the first one, i haven`t played invisible wars, but it have bad critics

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #2637 on: August 31, 2011, 01:40:39 AM
*Plays DSiWare ver. of Cave Story, and the difficulty from the main mode went down a TON*

Almost a few couple of minutes in from the -MAIN- difficulty setting, and I am already in the Sand Zone. Wow.  o-O

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #2638 on: August 31, 2011, 03:52:34 AM
Forgot to mention, last week I beat King Breager twice (again), in Red Arremer series (GB and NES)~ :cookie:
« Last Edit: September 04, 2011, 12:22:28 AM by VixyNyan »

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Gotham Ranger

• Magic Everywhere In This Bitch
  • Master's Unit
  • Ooo, shiny~
    • View Profile
Reply #2639 on: August 31, 2011, 05:41:15 AM
Just beat Sonic & Knuckles on my Genesis to celebrate my birthday. I got it 15 years ago on my 8th birthday when my family was stuck in a shelter and we were tight on cash. My mom gave me a memorable gift and I've never forgotten it!

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #2640 on: August 31, 2011, 05:44:02 AM
^.^ Great games, those two, Vixy

Nice work Gotham.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #2641 on: August 31, 2011, 05:46:16 AM
Currently playing Lufia 2 and Earthbound.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #2642 on: September 03, 2011, 07:25:48 AM
Beat Zelda 1 for the first time ever. Will probably start the second quest sometime down the line.

Beat Quake 1 today as well, guess this is a day of beating games.

Offline Reaperoid

• Redundant
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #2643 on: September 03, 2011, 10:56:27 AM
Beat Quake 1 today as well, guess this is a day of beating games.
I always hated Shub-Niggurath, because I could never figure out how to kill him since I always blew out all my ammo.
Needless to say, when I managed to kill him, it was by accident and I just went "...huh okay"

I guess all I can really say is it isn't exactly what I'd expect out of a $4.4M game

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #2644 on: September 03, 2011, 11:24:33 AM
I always hated Shub-Niggurath, because I could never figure out how to kill him since I always blew out all my ammo.
Needless to say, when I managed to kill him, it was by accident and I just went "...huh okay"

I was mainly having issues just getting through the horde of Vore's and Shamblers.

Also I kept getting hit by a spike in the wall that popped out a little too fast for me to see.

What my main problem in the game was, though, was those damn fiends taking over half of my health off in a single jump.

Oh, and Rotfish, little bastards freaked me the hell out, made me not want to go into any water.

Offline Reaperoid

• Redundant
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #2645 on: September 03, 2011, 11:39:02 AM
I just loooooooove Shamblers

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #2646 on: September 03, 2011, 11:46:08 AM
I just loooooooove Shamblers

Agreed, wonderful enemy they are, you can't spam grenades and rockets on them because its more of a waste then it is helpful. Which is nice since its probably the first large enemy in an Id game that you can't just lob explosives at for instant victory, it actually takes time.

I think i'll tackle the mission packs before heading onto Quake II and Strogg storyline.

Offline Reaperoid

• Redundant
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #2647 on: September 03, 2011, 11:52:55 AM
Quake 1+2 are great because they're pretty long as they are, although I never got to the mission packs for either of them.
Maybe it's something for me to look at on Steam sometime...

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #2648 on: September 03, 2011, 11:58:02 AM
Quake 1+2 are great because they're pretty long as they are, although I never got to the mission packs for either of them.
Maybe it's something for me to look at on Steam sometime...

From what I can tell they're pretty cheap.

I got all of them on steam in one flat purchase along with the doom games, so I can definitely say that for the time i've put into them they've been more than worth the money.

Source ports help too, because now Doom plays a lot better and Quake can be a clean resolution with its music restored.

Quake II runs fine too, but trying to put it in my native screen resolution with the Source port i'm using keeps knocking it out of Fullscreen.

1024x1280 looks fine though so I'm not really worrying about it.

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #2649 on: September 03, 2011, 09:24:43 PM
ATM I am playing the first Metroid soooo.. Where am I now? I'm at the purple bubbly area in the origional Metroid on my 3DS. I kept hitting right and yea. >_>

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.