• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #526 on: October 15, 2010, 11:57:12 PM

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #527 on: October 16, 2010, 12:23:07 AM
Am I the only one NOT happy about the massive fan input on this project?

There is a very good reason designers don't do this, and one look at fan games and fanfics is enough to show why.

TWITCH   ➧ TWITTER   ➧ DISCORD   ➧ MY GAMES

Knockout Mondays
Experimental day: Fighting game engine project Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

WIP Wednesdays
Hamster Drop Gold Edition Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

Weekend Game Hangout
Marc, Amber, & Friends (Saturday Evening EST)

Offline GameSaver

• WANNA BE STARTIN' SOMETHIN'
  • Net Navi
  • DON'T STOP TIL YOU GET ENOUGH
    • View Profile
Reply #528 on: October 16, 2010, 12:31:13 AM
Pretty sure they're do some weeding out/modification of whatever fan input they get, for quality control of course.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #529 on: October 16, 2010, 12:32:30 AM
Pretty sure they're do some weeding out/modification of whatever fan input they get, for quality control of course.

They will do that.

They've always done that.

Rarley any fan idea gets in unaltered.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #530 on: October 16, 2010, 01:24:55 AM
Not sure if this is true, but didn't Teisel's VA pass away?

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #531 on: October 16, 2010, 01:59:40 AM
That's a diehard rumor.

From what I know it was a different voice actor of exactly the same name. Or maybe THAT was the rumor.

Well I know that there are several voice actors of that name though.

Offline MaxTrigger

• Wheeeee
  • Cyberelf
    • View Profile
Reply #532 on: October 16, 2010, 03:37:56 AM
Ooooo, cast images, sounds absolutely maximum!

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #533 on: October 16, 2010, 05:18:49 AM
Am I the only one NOT happy about the massive fan input on this project?

There is a very good reason designers don't do this, and one look at fan games and fanfics is enough to show why.
The thought crossed my mind, I'll admit.  But it's not as if they're giving the fans completely free reign.  Capcom's still providing the general direction, they're just opening up some of the decision-making to the rest of the world.  And besides, they've been taking boss/enemy submissions ever since MegaMan 2.  This is a bit deeper, yes, but Capcom's presence certainly ought to prevent the anarchy of fangames.

Heck, it pretty much has to for the game to be developed at all.  Fangames are done often by a lone individual or a small handfull, not reflecting the fanbase as a whole.  This, on the other hand, is meant to connect to the fanbase as a whole.  For taking suggestions from such a large mass to be at all practical, some level of structure has to be maintained by Capcom, otherwise no work would get done.  Look at our new heroine, whatever her design may be, Capcom clearly has some outline for what her role in the game will be and they're being very tight-lipped about it.  Which is necessary.  Can't have the ENTIRE game known to the general public ahead of release, or what's the point of playing it?

And I hate to say this, but I don't see Inafune's heroine design submission as much better than most fan-characters.  Judging by the "father of MegaMan" carrying only 6% of the poll, I don't believe I'm the only one who thinks so.  Goes to show how little time he has, I guess.

Both fans and professionals come up with their fair share of dud ideas.  The difference is, fangames answer to nobody, while professional companies have groups, supervisors, etc. to weed them out.  All Capcom is doing here is including the fans as part of that group, but they themselves are still maintaining their presence.  So I think it'll work.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #534 on: October 16, 2010, 11:19:05 AM
Of course, occasionally the games become worse because of those supervisors, since they often don't actually know anything about videogames... But Capcom generally know what they're doing.

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #535 on: October 16, 2010, 01:20:19 PM
I hardly doubt the fanbase is really going to have too much of a say in the design process to be honest. As Hypershell said, Capcom surely has a good idea of where they're going, and all this is most likely more of a marketing ploy to get interest in the game. They're still in charge of making the game after all, the fans will probably just vote on the more superficial design decisions. Not that that's a bad thing, but let's be honest with ourselves here, we don't have as much power in the process as some make it out to be.

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
  • Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #536 on: October 16, 2010, 01:53:16 PM
My biggest gripe with this "fan input" is the possibility of it waltzing all over DASH3 as they planned it 10 years, and as it has been forming in the staff's imagination since that day. Things like including Rockman Trigger's original design come to mind.

Offline Kieran

• He's just a
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #537 on: October 16, 2010, 04:35:55 PM
I'd seriously hope they wouldn't let that happen, considering they -have- been planning this for ten years.

The Other Side
http://www.crowdedstreet.net
irc.esper.net #theotherside

Commander Shepard: *stares blankly at a video of scantily clad asari dancers* ...What kind of hotel is this?
Liara T'Soni: It is a luxury resort with an... exotic edge.  Azure is slang for a part of the asari body in some places on Illium.
Shepard: Where?
Liara: The lower reaches, near the bottom.
Shepard: I meant, "where on the asari body?"
Liara: So did I.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #538 on: October 16, 2010, 06:45:56 PM
I think the new heroine's role will be to gather parts to get to Rock, and after that, he'll be playable so he can possibly stop the Elder System's revival from doing bad things or something.

Two playable characters seems cool to me, personally.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Skaarg

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #539 on: October 16, 2010, 09:58:05 PM
Just out of curiousity does anyone know if a higher resolution image of the rocket has surfaced. I'm curious what the text says (assuming it's not just gibberish for the artwork). This is the largest image on the Japan Devroom:
http://www.capcom.co.jp/rockman/dash3/img/blog/item/pic_nycc2_l.jpg

>Mega Man Zero 4
>Ragnarok Core
>120 Seconds
FINAL DESTINATION

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #540 on: October 20, 2010, 08:09:23 PM
Who's leading the polls?

I'm kinda sad that Higurashi's design isn't winning, but at least my 2nd choice is #1.

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #541 on: October 20, 2010, 08:44:56 PM
I like all 3 of them. Hope they atleast get some small roles

Offline KudosForce

• The wild card
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Will our future be good? Only the cards will tell.
    • View Profile
Reply #542 on: October 20, 2010, 10:53:10 PM
So, the Natsumi Hinata look-alike is leading. Fair enough, I suppose. :\ This'll neatly group the 3 main girls into a "blonde, brunette & redhead" ensemble (never mind that Tron's hair is more black than brown, but whatever).

But yeah, it'd be nice if the Native American getup girl gets a minor role.

That said...

- Capcom is trying to get the original voice actors back

It'll be as if they never left the MML franchise alone! *o*

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #543 on: October 20, 2010, 11:22:45 PM
Closer to pink, if you ask me.
I think that design is kinda meh, makes me think "next Pokémon girl" character more than a Capcom character.

Offline KudosForce

• The wild card
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Will our future be good? Only the cards will tell.
    • View Profile
Reply #544 on: October 20, 2010, 11:39:06 PM
True, true (on both counts).

Still, it's what the general fanbase decided on (whether we like it or not :|).

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #545 on: October 21, 2010, 02:03:36 AM
So, the Natsumi Hinata look-alike is leading. Fair enough, I suppose. :\ This'll neatly group the 3 main girls into a "blonde, brunette & redhead" ensemble (never mind that Tron's hair is more black than brown, but whatever).

But yeah, it'd be nice if the Native American getup girl gets a minor role.

That said...

It'll be as if they never left the MML franchise alone! *o*
As far as I can see, Sensei i still in the lead with 25%, while Komaki is right on his tail with 22%

or is that the japanese ranking for the heroines?

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #546 on: October 21, 2010, 02:35:59 AM
I believe it's supposed to be the total of both.  Sensei is still leading on Unity, yes.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline NEO Ness

• Purifier Unit
  • Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #547 on: October 21, 2010, 05:39:56 AM
YES!  GO KOMAKI!!!

If you look at Tron and Roll (with their hairstyles and clothing) Komaki's character with the pink/red hair looks like she'd fit in pretty well with the DASH/Legends universe.  The Native American girl (who isn't tan?) just didn't really seem to fit in the DASH/Legends universe. 

Why, after thousands of years, and hundreds of barely surviving humans on the surface of little islands of land would there be even a chance that anyone would 'remember' who or what Native Americans even are by that time?

Tron and Roll have pretty crazy hairstyles, I think her pink/red hairstyle will fit right in, as well as her clothing.  There isn't much to argue (and I'm not sure why you guys keep comparing her to Pokemon characters.  Last time I looked Dawn/Hikari was in a schoolgirl-ish outfit, and so on.)

Every time I see someone who doesn't know what Japanese anime even is would see Naruto or something else anime-like and they usually say, "That looks like Poke'mon!" -  Its annoying, and you are all annoying me right now with that Poke'mon crap.  Its anime, its DASH/Legends, Its unique!  Stop labeling it something its not!

Offline Night

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #548 on: October 21, 2010, 05:54:28 AM
YES!  GO KOMAKI!!!

If you look at Tron and Roll (with their hairstyles and clothing) Komaki's character with the pink/red hair looks like she'd fit in pretty well with the DASH/Legends universe.  The Native American girl (who isn't tan?) just didn't really seem to fit in the DASH/Legends universe. 

Why, after thousands of years, and hundreds of barely surviving humans on the surface of little islands of land would there be even a chance that anyone would 'remember' who or what Native Americans even are by that time?

um, I don't think that's why she's wearing that. If it was the feathers in her hair, It's more like she's wearing those as an accessory because they looked pretty! If anything she looks more like a cowgirl >w<;; ...which makes sense as there are ranches with lots of animals! Also, If you think about it, the carbons were "created with a language and culture provided for them".

Tron and Roll have pretty crazy hairstyles, I think her pink/red hairstyle will fit right in, as well as her clothing.  There isn't much to argue (and I'm not sure why you guys keep comparing her to Pokemon characters.  Last time I looked Dawn/Hikari was in a schoolgirl-ish outfit, and so on.)

^^;; it's pokemon-ish in the sense that they're all adventurers! Which is good because that's what we should be looking for!

Every time I see someone who doesn't know what Japanese anime even is would see Naruto or something else anime-like and they usually say, "That looks like Poke'mon!" -  Its annoying, and you are all annoying me right now with that Poke'mon crap.  Its anime, its DASH/Legends, Its unique!  Stop labeling it something its not!
=w=;;

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #549 on: October 21, 2010, 06:21:31 AM
"That looks like Poke'mon!" -  Its annoying, and you are all annoying me right now with that Poke'mon crap
Komaki's design looks like it belongs in Pokemon. Im sorry, but its true. Also, maybe Its just bad memory, but I recall Legends folk having relatively normal hair colors for the most part.

Also, her hair is too close to Roll's own hair style. We need a different style.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.