Guest · 765297

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #925 on: July 11, 2013, 09:02:26 AM
What about something entirely new?  Something without the "Team" prefix?  Not all the evil organizations need to start with "Team."

Bah.  Don't mind me.  I'm just a crotchety old Generation I veteran who thinks Legendaries should have stopped at the birds.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #926 on: July 11, 2013, 09:07:54 AM
But you stopped with Gen II.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #927 on: July 11, 2013, 09:11:28 AM
Gens I and II veteran, then. :P

<Jello> the new kids don't know what's its like to have the screen go pitch black and get a hyper beam to the face
<Jello> those were the days
<TrakNar> Indeed.
<MiaMesharad> Truth

Offline Reaperoid

• Redundant
  • Master's Unit
  • d-don't fear the reaper
    • View Profile
Reply #928 on: July 11, 2013, 09:13:15 AM
Is it of any interest to you that XY brings back the original sound effect for Hyper Beam?

I guess all I can really say is it isn't exactly what I'd expect out of a $4.4M game

It doesn't even have mouth animations

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #929 on: July 11, 2013, 09:15:31 AM
Actually, yes.

Is there a video of this?

Offline Reaperoid

• Redundant
  • Master's Unit
  • d-don't fear the reaper
    • View Profile
Reply #930 on: July 11, 2013, 09:38:35 AM

I guess all I can really say is it isn't exactly what I'd expect out of a $4.4M game

It doesn't even have mouth animations

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #931 on: July 12, 2013, 08:45:20 PM
BELLEVUE, WA—July 12, 2013—The Pokémon Company International revealed new details about Legendary Pokémon Xerneas and Yveltal today, including their types. Fairy-type Pokémon Xerneas will know Geomancy, a new move exclusive to Xerneas. Yveltal, a Dark- and Flying-type Pokémon, is the only Pokémon that knows the new move Oblivion Wing. Players can encounter Xerneas in Pokémon X and Yveltal in Pokémon Ywhen the video games launch worldwide on October 12, 2013, for the Nintendo 3DS family of systems.

Details of New Legendary Pokémon Xerneas and Yveltal Revealed!

· Xerneas is a Fairy-type—a brand-new type being introduced in Pokémon X and Pokémon Y. Watch the awe-inspiring beauty of Xerneas’ exclusive move, Geomancy, which features rainbow-colored light that erupts from the earth around it. Xerneas has the special Ability Fairy Aura, which naturally takes effect in battle, strengthening Fairy-type moves for all Pokémon in battle. Be careful, because Fairy Aura also has a positive effect on opposing Pokémon that know Fairy-type moves.

· Dark- and Flying-type Yveltal is the only Pokémon that can learn the move Oblivion Wing, which sends Yveltal flying high into the sky to release a powerful beam of red light that scorches the ground below. The Destruction Pokémon’s special Ability, Dark Aura, is a counterpoint to Fairy Aura, raising the strength of Dark-type moves for all Pokémon in battle. This Ability is powerfully effective in Double and Triple Battles when facing multiple opponents simultaneously. So, when Yveltal is in battle, it’s smart for players to fill their team with Pokémon that can use Dark-type moves.

More never-before-seen Pokémon that players will encounter in the Kalos region, including some that are unique to either Pokémon X or Pokémon Y, have been announced this morning. You can check them out at Pokemon.com/XY.

· It is now known that Fighting- and Dark-type Pangoro evolves from spunky little Pancham. This evolved Pokémon has a violent temperament, but it also believes in fairness and does not forgive those who pick on the weak. The leaf Pangoro carries in its mouth can predict its opponent’s moves. By waving its strong, heavy arms, Pangoro uses the Fighting-type move Hammer Arm to inflict great damage on opponents. It does lower the user’s Speed, but Hammer Arm’s power is tremendous.

· Players will encounter Inkay in Pokémon X and Pokémon Y. This Dark- and Psychic-type Pokémon has the ability to drain other Pokémon’s will to fight by flashing the transmitters above its eyes—giving Inkay the opportunity either to attack its foes or to hide from them. It’s said that the flashing emitted from Inkay’s transmitters can also be used to communicate with its friends. Inkay can learn a new Dark-type move, Topsy-Turvy, a tricky move that will reverse all of the stat changes that are affecting a target. For instance, if opponents increase their Attack and Defense stats during battle, it will suddenly come back to bite them when Topsy-Turvy is used.

· The Dark- and Psychic-type Pokémon Malamar is the evolved form of Inkay and may have the strongest hypnotic force of any known Pokémon, helping it to bend opponents to its will. As a result, humans with ill intentions try to use Malamar to aid in their devious plots. Malamar can learn the Psychic-type move Hypnosis, which leaves opponents asleep and for the most part unable to take any actions during battle.

· The Fairy-type Pokémon Swirlix, which can only be captured in Pokémon X, comes with the new Ability Sweet Veil that keeps Pokémon on the same team from being left asleep in battle. Use Swirlix when facing Double and Triple Battles featuring Pokémon that know moves like Hypnosis. Swirlix can learn the new Fairy-type move Draining Kiss, which does damage to a target while also restoring some HP to the user. Battles will be much easier when you can attack an opponent with Draining Kiss and restore your Pokémon’s health at the same time. Swirlix only eats sweets, causing its body to be sweet and sticky, like cotton candy.

· Only available for capture in Pokémon Y, the new Fairy-type Pokémon Spritzee emits a unique fragrance that causes anyone who smells it to fall under its spell. Spritzee can learn the Grass-type move Aromatherapy, which causes a Pokémon to exude a relaxing fragrance that heals its allies’ status conditions, such as sleep and poison.

· It is now known that the previously announced Water-type Pokémon Clauncher can only be captured in Pokémon X, and the Poison- and Water-type Pokémon Skrelp can only be captured in Pokémon Y.

Introducing More People You’ll Meet on Your Adventure through the Kalos Region

Professor Augustine Sycamore will entrust you and your friends with Pokémon and send everyone out on a Pokédex-filling adventure throughout the Kalos region. Along the way, players will encounter a mysterious organization called Team Flare. This strange and fashionable group shows up in cities around the Kalos region—what could their motive be?

Two new Gym Leaders have been introduced today, joining the Santalune City Gym Leader, Viola. Grant is a Gym Leader who excels at bike racing, mountain climbing, and many other sports. When they meet Grant, players will be facing a Trainer with a strong heart. Clemont, accompanied by his sister, Bonnie, is a young Gym Leader who loves science. Clemont gets extremely excited by the many devices he invents.

Also introduced is a new game feature called O-Powers that allows players the ability to easily power up Pokémon in their party and provides other benefits in Pokémon X and Pokémon Y. O-Powers are special powers that come in various forms and can be shared between players via the new Player Search System, or PSS. Sharing O-Powers with someone you’ve connected with locally or through the Internet is accomplished by tapping a player on the Touch Screen. Some O-Powers will temporarily increase a Pokémon’s stats, while others make it easier to catch wild Pokémon or increase the Experience Points gained in battle.

For players of Pokémon X and Pokémon Y who want to add a little thrill to their Pokémon trades, Wonder Trade allows players to instantly trade a Pokémon for one offered by someone else in the world. The catch? Players will make the trade without knowing which Pokémon they’ll get in return. You might receive an unexpected rare Pokémon or one that will add strength to your Pokémon party!

For more information about Pokémon X and Pokémon Y for the Nintendo 3DS family of systems, including new images and gameplay video featuring information announced today, please visit pokemon.com/xy.

Be sure to check out Pokemon.com, Like the official Pokémon Facebook page at Facebook.com/Pokemon, and follow Pokémon on Twitter@Pokemon to ensure you’re receiving the latest Pokémon X and Pokémon Y news!

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #932 on: July 12, 2013, 08:47:35 PM
Clouderp is Swirlix, got it.

I'm still naming it Clouderp.

Also don't mind the name Pangoro. It reminds me of Gorons. :D

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #933 on: July 12, 2013, 09:04:09 PM
Professor Sycamore huh?

Well that's still a tree.

Offline Pyro

• Wielder of the Chaos Force
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Boo yeah!
    • View Profile
Reply #934 on: July 12, 2013, 09:24:35 PM
A rock climbing leader named Grant? Gee, I wonder what his type specialty is. :P

Come and read some Thoughts of a Platypus

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #935 on: July 13, 2013, 01:38:26 AM
What could Team Flare's motive be?

To be FABULOUS~ 8D

Offline VirusChris

• Virakin of the Darkness Arcana
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I'm the guy people hate
    • View Profile
Reply #936 on: July 13, 2013, 03:51:38 AM
What could Team Flare's motive be?

To be FABULOUS~ 8D

It's more or less confirm their motivation is... money.

BUT to buy even more FABULOUS clothing no doubt!

"Spirit-Soul Fusion! Invoke... VIRUS CROSS!!!" ~ Quote from my Virakins global project
JP PSN: UirusuKurisu
Official Husband of Fox Caster from Fate/Extra <3

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #937 on: July 13, 2013, 09:14:18 AM
http://pokebeach.com/2013/07/new-pokemon-revealed-following-genesect-film

The Mewtwo in the movie is a officially a different one, created by different evil scientists.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #938 on: July 13, 2013, 09:18:04 AM
:|

That's... really all I can say.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #939 on: July 13, 2013, 09:32:30 AM
http://pokebeach.com/2013/07/new-pokemon-revealed-following-genesect-film

The Mewtwo in the movie is a officially a different one, created by different evil scientists.

Oh, well there's that then.

Ironic that the mewtwo created by evil scientists is good while the one that was created by good scientists was more maniacal (Except he mellowed out.)

Also amazing how they got the same exact result for a clone of Mew as before appearance wise.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #940 on: July 13, 2013, 09:33:20 AM
I guess cloning technology in the Pokemon universe is very rampant. 8D

Also... EVIL TREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Have another gameplay trailer.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJOPnT8dutc[/youtube]

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #941 on: July 13, 2013, 09:36:00 AM
As my sig says...

Classic Mewtwo shot first.

And for the record, if you're a scientist on Team Rocket's payroll, you're classified as "evil."  Thus, they were both created by "evil" scientists.  Also, in the original Japanese dub, Mewtwo wasn't "evil."  He was portrayed closer to that of a confused child and even had childlike mannerisms.  The English dub made him evil.

And for fun, here's the temper tantrum I threw on IRC...

Quote from: #eu
<TrakNar> Okay, what the hell.  So, I got some information on the new movie, and the Mewtwo in that one is indeed a different one created by different mad scientists.

<TrakNar> One of the biggest things about Mewtwo's story was that he was the ONLY FRIGGIN' ONE.  Now, there are TWO??

<TrakNar> So, they couldn't use the one from twelve years ago who was already PATROLLING A CITY, they had to make a NEW ONE?!

<TrakNar> GRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!

* LO|Away has quit (Ping timeout: 240 seconds)

<Jello> I didn't even /know/ there was a new Mewtwo movie

<Jello> wtf.

<Jello> and somehow they create the exact same species

<Jello> and on that outrage, I think I'm off to bed
« Last Edit: July 14, 2013, 09:37:05 AM by Quickman »

Offline N-Mario

• Video Game Veteran
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Video Game Veteran
    • View Profile
    • N-Mario's Gaming Universe
Reply #942 on: July 14, 2013, 11:30:24 PM
Well.... At least it's good that its another Mewtwo out there. I still favor the old one from 12 years ago. It would explain why this new mewtwo has one or two new forms. ;)

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #943 on: July 14, 2013, 11:42:12 PM
to be fair, back when there was only one Mewtwo, they also thought there were only 151 Pokemon.

and that was it

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #944 on: July 14, 2013, 11:47:04 PM
Now I want those two to meet.  And duke it out.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #945 on: July 14, 2013, 11:48:41 PM
see? at least there's the option for some Mewtwo v Mewtwo action.

I'm sure this is a much more suitable explanation for the existence of this new form than it being the same exact Mewtwo anyways. CAUSE NOW THEY CAN FIGHT EACH OTHER

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #946 on: July 15, 2013, 12:00:25 AM
My vote is on Classic Mewtwo.  Classic Mewtwo shot first.

I WILL MAKE THIS A RALLYING CRY!

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • -Lousy Artist since 1991-
Reply #947 on: July 15, 2013, 06:07:12 AM
A move that reverses stat buffs? I can imagine how that can screw over anyone relying moves like Bulk Up or Calm Mind. If I get X/Y and a 3DS (whenever that happens), I'm naming my Fire starter...

[spoiler]Mozilla. 8D[/spoiler]

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #948 on: July 21, 2013, 08:21:14 AM
Pokemon Smash aired, and showed some gameplay footage of X/Y, as well as a preview of the coming X/Y arc in the anime.

Watch dem vids here.

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #949 on: July 21, 2013, 08:41:48 AM
I wish there was a version of this without the people yelling at everything that happens.  Seriously that's annoying, but the game looks great and I like Ash's new outfit, definitely better than the Unova outfit.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection