"What Are You Thinking Now?"

Sakura Leic · 2817399

Offline Joseph Collins

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #16800 on: September 20, 2012, 06:16:13 AM
This is a bit of a long one.  But it basically boils down to, "Why the [tornado fang] are people so stupid?"  Basically, a whole lot of stupid [parasitic bomb] just happened all at once.

First, my crappy satellite Internet decides it's going to start running at sub-dial-up speeds.  It's always been slow during "peak hours," but it's never been this god damn bad without good reason.  And of course, tonight seemed like a good night to fiddle with my Tumblr accounts, but lo and behold, I can't do that easily if my connection speed is ridiculously slow.
Then, I get hit by a wall of text on Tumblr.  Several of them.  First, some chain fail about some apparently omnipotent person from a foreign country who makes it their business to bully people different than themselves.  Then, some mile-long wall of text about some "you are dead" story... which actually isn't a wall of text, but a series of images of text with a giant [tornado fang]ing font face and what looks like triple-spacing between paragraphs.
And then... my Internet outright fails on me, only to come back slower than ever! (And actually, that particular speed test is higher than normal.  But it still takes me 10-20 seconds to load, say, Yahoo!.)

And to think that I was having a good night until this all came at me at one time.

Sorry for the vulgarity, those of you who browse the site uncensored.  I just feel that strongly about getting hit by spam after spam after spam in a place where the only way I can stop it is to simply stop watching that person.  Which is a really crappy solution if you like said person.  *deep sigh*

Edit: Oh.  What a chipper way to start a new page.  *facepalm*

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #16801 on: September 20, 2012, 06:20:37 AM
Heh, don't worry about it.  We all have lousy nights.  I, myself, am dealing with a fail router that fails when it feels like it; usually when I'm in the middle of something that requires me to have a stable connection and several tabs open.

As for stupid people...  There are users on Wookieepedia and Star Wars Fanon who are so stupid that I have to wonder how they are able to dress themselves each day.

Offline Joseph Collins

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #16802 on: September 20, 2012, 06:29:24 AM
Wookiee Jedi: "Perfectly fine."
Wookiee Jedi who is the son of Chewbacca: "Plasuible."
Wookiee Jedi who is the son of Luke and Mara Jade, knows how to speak Jawa, Sandperson, Huttese, Common, Wookiee, Klingon, Vulcan, can communicate with the spirits of the Netherworld, and likes to breakdance when not saving the universe from zombie Darth Vader: "I'm sorry, what the hell are you drinking?"

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #16803 on: September 20, 2012, 06:33:43 AM
That and people who can't seem to figure out a policy, even after it has been explained to them and demonstrated to them step-by-step.

Offline Joseph Collins

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #16804 on: September 20, 2012, 06:37:42 AM
Ah.  Yeah, folks are a tad bit more annoying than the people to rearrange lore and logic to suit them...

As for your router, is it by chance a Linksys?  Our WRT model of four years age is being randomly flaky.  It somehow blocks access to and from the modem on random occasion until we release/renew the IP.  Which is doubly odd, since the router itself doesn't say anything's wrong and has the correct information.

Offline Pyro

• Wielder of the Chaos Force
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Boo yeah!
    • View Profile
Reply #16805 on: September 20, 2012, 06:39:31 AM
What troubles me is the paradox of smart people can be so stupid.

But the fact that I found my old Sega Game Gear made my day. The AC adapter is nearly toast but it can be replaced, right?

Come and read some Thoughts of a Platypus

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #16806 on: September 20, 2012, 06:46:58 AM
Ah.  Yeah, folks are a tad bit more annoying than the people to rearrange lore and logic to suit them...

As for your router, is it by chance a Linksys?  Our WRT model of four years age is being randomly flaky.  It somehow blocks access to and from the modem on random occasion until we release/renew the IP.  Which is doubly odd, since the router itself doesn't say anything's wrong and has the correct information.

It's a Linksys.  It was donated to me by a staff member at a drop-in center I went to.  I some day intend to get a new router, but I'm gonna deal with this one for as long as I can.

What troubles me is the paradox of smart people can be so stupid.

But the fact that I found my old Sega Game Gear made my day. The AC adapter is nearly toast but it can be replaced, right?

If it's a standard AC adapter, yes. 

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #16807 on: September 20, 2012, 07:37:12 AM
We all like science fiction and all that, and people love to watch older movies like Ghost in the Shell for their genre and portrayal of the future, (which is usually the 90's) But the more I look at the world around me,

I come to the realization... We are living in the very dystopic Cyberpunk future we like so much from movies and comics. We just haven't realized it.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #16808 on: September 20, 2012, 08:33:08 AM
People are not just getting stupider, but more oblivious as well.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #16809 on: September 20, 2012, 09:03:58 AM
When I actually meet stupid people in real life, I have my medication to thank for me being able to sit on my hands and bite my tongue.  Else, I'd have assault charges coming out of my ass. :P

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #16810 on: September 20, 2012, 09:08:45 AM
I say assault them. You'll be doing the world a service!  8)

Also, I love Man v. Food

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #16811 on: September 20, 2012, 09:06:34 PM
I think George Carlin said it best:

“Just think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are even stupider than that"

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #16812 on: September 21, 2012, 02:44:08 AM
I say assault them. You'll be doing the world a service!  8)

Also, I love Man v. Food

Oh god. You can tell why I love the travel channel, this is one of those reasons. It introduced me (or was it another show?) to the Heart Attack Grill.. and the service is fiiiiiiine~

Though, I say "Here Comes Honey Boo Boo" was unecessary though.

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Joseph Collins

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #16813 on: September 21, 2012, 03:05:06 AM
"Bobby Roode is so damn awesome.  Such an ass, but so damn awesome."

Watching TNA iMPACT Wrestling.  "The Cowboy" James Storm vs. an underdressed Bobby Roode who initially refused to participate in "Open Fight Night*."

Also, gotta love the fans.  "Go back to Canada!!" to Bobby Roode.  Ha hah!

* "Open Fight Night" is where wrestlers call out other wrestlers and the called-out wrestler has to accept the caller's challenge.

Offline Pyro

• Wielder of the Chaos Force
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Boo yeah!
    • View Profile
Reply #16814 on: September 21, 2012, 04:56:01 AM
Pretty much brooding over my low self-esteem while I read "the Country Wife." Who would have guessed Restoration-era plays and poetry would be so racy?

Come and read some Thoughts of a Platypus

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #16815 on: September 21, 2012, 10:33:17 AM
I had a thought.

Since after a molt, you can see an insect's beating heart through their exoskeleton, as it had not yet hardened...  Then for an insectoid, would you be able to see their beating heart through their thorax after a molt?  No doubt, that insectoid would be self-conscious about their soft and pale appearance and would sooner hide out and harden in the sun, but I still wonder.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #16816 on: September 21, 2012, 09:59:05 PM
hey postal worker is it such a [tornado fang]ing chore to walk five [tornado fang]ing steps to the door to attempt package delivery, really?

now I have to go to the post office tomorrow and waste my time because you couldn't be assed to take 5 [tornado fang]ing steps to knock on a door, that road construction scary? too [tornado fang]ing bad, through rain, sleet and all that [parasitic bomb] but a dirt road and road construction? naw [tornado fang] that.

I'm ready to file a complaint now, I heard no knocking or dog barking so they didn't even bother.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #16817 on: September 21, 2012, 11:07:08 PM
hey postal worker is it such a [tornado fang]ing chore to walk five [tornado fang]ing steps to the door to attempt package delivery, really?

now I have to go to the post office tomorrow and waste my time because you couldn't be assed to take 5 [tornado fang]ing steps to knock on a door, that road construction scary? too [tornado fang]ing bad, through rain, sleet and all that [parasitic bomb] but a dirt road and road construction? naw [tornado fang] that.

I'm ready to file a complaint now, I heard no knocking or dog barking so they didn't even bother.
that's mail delivery for ya. >_>

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #16818 on: September 21, 2012, 11:37:33 PM
...I think I'll drop my attempt at late-night forum moderating.
When I find myself thinking "I want to kill you" to some newbie's post... yeah.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #16819 on: September 21, 2012, 11:48:26 PM

Being a mail carrier is one of the most grueling jobs ever. The most walk-intensive job there is. They burn through sneakers incredibly fast. It's a somewhat thankless job too. People seem to take it for granted. And with the advent of email and all that, with post offices closing left and right, many of them hire less workers and instead have them run longer routes. I would know, I have a mail carrier in the family. It' not an easy job by any stretch of the imagination. I think they are entitled some slack on that front.

funfact, also: in Florida, Mail carriers almost never leave their vehicle and almost never walk, due to the extreme heat. So Post Boxes are required to be in a specific spot on the sidewalk.

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #16820 on: September 22, 2012, 12:00:46 AM
I should know of such heat, I'm a resident. (90 effin' degrees.. fuuuuuuuccckk..) -u-'

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #16821 on: September 22, 2012, 12:09:52 AM
Whenever I see the mail carrier on my block, I usually wave to him. He's actually a pretty nice guy. I don't like stereotyping, but maybe he's friendly due to him being a middle-aged Chinese man. No offense to anyone, I know they're not all the same.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #16822 on: September 22, 2012, 02:47:10 AM
Being a mail carrier is one of the most grueling jobs ever. The most walk-intensive job there is. They burn through sneakers incredibly fast. It's a somewhat thankless job too. People seem to take it for granted. And with the advent of email and all that, with post offices closing left and right, many of them hire less workers and instead have them run longer routes. I would know, I have a mail carrier in the family. It' not an easy job by any stretch of the imagination. I think they are entitled some slack on that front.

funfact, also: in Florida, Mail carriers almost never leave their vehicle and almost never walk, due to the extreme heat. So Post Boxes are required to be in a specific spot on the sidewalk.

I get that they can have a tough job, really, I do. There's no way it can be easy delivering mail.
But honestly when they don't even give the effort to try and deliver packages and just put the slip in the box that's just aggravating, I wouldn't mind so much if I hadn't heard it.
I hear this happens with areas with apartments, where they don't bother to attempt delivery of packages because they would have to buzz people down or something.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #16823 on: September 22, 2012, 04:40:40 AM
...I think I'll drop my attempt at late-night forum moderating.
When I find myself thinking "I want to kill you" to some newbie's post... yeah.

That thought crosses my mind when I see stupidity on Wookieepedia.  It just means that you're shaping up to be an evil admin. :P

Offline Joseph Collins

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #16824 on: September 22, 2012, 05:56:37 AM
"This is bullshit."

This thought is specifically my reaction to the infamous "Rockman X: Cyber Missions" glitch some emulators experience.  With a fair amount of consistency, I might add.  On occasion, while dinking around in Sigma Stage 3, the level pointer will screw up and the screen will refuse to scroll to the right (unless you find your way to the far, far right somehow).  This means objects don't get loaded into the level and you can't progress because there is no boss door.  The teleporters before the final boss area work fine, however.  Of course.  The only solution is to suicide, go back to the stage select screen, and try again.
It's worth noting, supposedly, it seems to happen more when save states are used.

So... yeah.  I knew the game was a piece of crap, but I didn't think it had any game-breakers in it.  Apparently, it does.  But only under very specific circumstances.