"What's Upsetting You Right Now?"

Joseph Collins · 472305

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #1275 on: July 08, 2013, 04:30:53 AM
To me it wasn't scary, well, maybe if you count that I was worried about the door.

At this point I merely get more and more angry, than scared.
I am not a child, and all the [parasitic bomb] I've seen him do over the years eventually stopped getting to me "fear-like".

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #1276 on: July 08, 2013, 07:21:13 AM
As someone who grew up in an alcoholic household, I sympathize.  Though my dad would get shitfaced, it was my mom who was the violent one.  But, that's due to unresolved bipolar disorder and her complete and utter refusal to seek any sort of treatment.  Alcohol certainly didn't help matters in that regard.

Keeping your father out of the house was the right thing to do.  Have you considered calling the cops and charging him for public intoxication and disorderly conduct?  Even though the incident happened on your property, your dad can still be charged.

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #1277 on: July 08, 2013, 07:23:50 AM
I know I might be a little ignorant concerning the subject of law, especially that of other countries, but do they have such laws in Poland?

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #1278 on: July 08, 2013, 07:25:30 AM
my brother's the alcoholic in my family

granted that means if he hits me i can just hit him right back twice as hard

which surprises him

(i also don't live there anymore)

but yeah, best that he's out of the house

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Reaperoid

• Redundant
  • Master's Unit
  • d-don't fear the reaper
    • View Profile
Reply #1279 on: July 08, 2013, 08:10:10 AM
I know I might be a little ignorant concerning the subject of law, especially that of other countries, but do they have such laws in Poland?
I wish I knew, but I guess something similar to a Public Intoxication charge if it was out front and in a open enough area.
I know that Poland has a law regarding drunken cycling of all things, though

I guess all I can really say is it isn't exactly what I'd expect out of a $4.4M game

It doesn't even have mouth animations

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #1280 on: July 08, 2013, 12:40:05 PM
My father is a complete cretin, a brainless moron.
Even if we call the cops, the best they could do is lock him up until he "stops being drunk"... and they'll let him out and he'll start [tornado fang]ing drinking again.

That's how reliable Police is.

When I was younger, my mother already took many things against this drunk [dark hold]. Like to the court, which resulted in his person being check upon by a certain "government lady". It was to keep him in check.

Nothing. HELPED.

Welp.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #1281 on: July 08, 2013, 12:49:29 PM
Sadly, unless the person wants to be helped, there isn't much else to do.  Aside from allow them to rack up charges.  My dad's latest drunken folly netted him house arrest. 

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #1282 on: July 08, 2013, 04:24:51 PM
The only person I know of in my family that drank a lot was my grandfather. Though he wasn't quite as bad as Tron's situation. So I can't really relate much in that regard.

Though if we're talking about family trauma, my uncle is a really manipulative person, and always has been. He ran away from when he was young, appeared when he was an adult and basically tormented his mother. After she passed away, he tried to reclaim her property, even though it didn't belong to him. Got into various fights with his brother and trashed other people's apartment cable setups (for TV and [parasitic bomb]). My parents checked him into a mental hospital, but he always managed to find his way out and cause even more trauma for people.

A [tornado fang]ing disgusting piece of human being.

Offline Pyro

• Wielder of the Chaos Force
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Boo yeah!
    • View Profile
Reply #1283 on: July 08, 2013, 04:58:16 PM
Though if we're talking about family trauma, my uncle is a really manipulative person, and always has been. He ran away from when he was young, appeared when he was an adult and basically tormented his mother. After she passed away, he tried to reclaim her property, even though it didn't belong to him. Got into various fights with his brother and trashed other people's apartment cable setups (for TV and [parasitic bomb]). My parents checked him into a mental hospital, but he always managed to find his way out and cause even more trauma for people.

A [tornado fang]ing disgusting piece of human being.

Well, [parasitic bomb]. This guy makes a compelling argument to give certain people lobotomies.

Come and read some Thoughts of a Platypus

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #1284 on: July 08, 2013, 05:14:52 PM
If I am to be honest, my father's dad (grandpa) was also a disgusting drunkard and a horrible, horrible man.
When he got older, he kinda mellowed out.

I kinda liked him, when he wasn't strict. And he didn't really drink when I was around, though, by the time I met him he apparently was not drinking at all.

Never the less, he was an abusive father long ago and pretty much the type of guy who would beat hos own children and wife.

If there's someone to blame for for my dad's drinking, it's that man.
Though it's not only his fault, because if my father wanted to, he would [tornado fang]ing try and get help. But he always quits barely trying.
He's an okay guy when not shitfaced... but yeah.

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #1285 on: July 08, 2013, 06:05:18 PM
On my end, my uncle was a drunkard. He was a happy drunk though, so he wasn't violent. That was reserved for my dad, who was usually hopped up on something (usually cocaine).

Offline Suppercut ♡

• Toaster Catgirl Sniper
  • Neo Arcadian
  • something something All Limiters Released
    • View Profile
    • Ironically Opressing Oppression
Reply #1286 on: July 08, 2013, 08:09:22 PM
-Is also part-time witch- ;D
How can you be a part-time witch?

That actually sounds interesting... What are the benefits over full-time witching? How much power do you have?
It doesn't exist, literally. I have a friend who's serious about it, and even she knows that's not possible. Pretty sure you're not a real witch.

what

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #1287 on: July 09, 2013, 12:50:55 AM
Again, a person can only be helped if they want to be helped.  If they don't think there's a problem, then they really can't be helped.  The most you can do is show them the consequences of their actions, and even then, they may still think that everyone is "picking on them."

My dad never thought that he had a drinking problem, and he would often mix alcohol with drugs.  He is convinced that the police and court systems simply don't like him because he "has dirt on them," or some such crap.  He thinks that they're treating him badly because he knows stuff about them that would cause them to lose their jobs.  It never once occurred to him that his problem was drugs and alcohol.  Never once.

And then there's my mom, who is working to get her diagnosis of bipolar overturned.  When she hits all the diagnostic criteria with a sledgehammer and then some.  When her manic moments and extreme mood swings have gotten her in trouble with the law.  When she has a history of delusional behavior and psychotic symptoms.  And she refuses to take her medication because she doesn't want it taking away her "highs," even though she is mean and nasty, manipulative, and downright abusive.

I may not have a degree in psychology, though I did take the time to study the condition and become versed in the diagnostic criteria.  If my mom manages to fool a psychiatrist, then that person is an idiot, though I cannot fully blame them, as they haven't any access to my mom's history.

They should give me a call.  I have enough anecdotal evidence for a book.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #1288 on: July 09, 2013, 01:04:46 AM
Again, a person can only be helped if they want to be helped.  If they don't think there's a problem, then they really can't be helped.  The most you can do is show them the consequences of their actions, and even then, they may still think that everyone is "picking on them."

My uncle is aware that people aren't "picking on him" when he gets in trouble. He is completely aware of all of his actions and doesn't seem to mind the consequences.

I honestly think he just likes to watch people suffer, and nothing else.

Offline Pyro

• Neo Arcadian
  • Boo yeah!
    • View Profile
Reply #1289 on: July 09, 2013, 01:34:24 AM
My uncle is aware that people aren't "picking on him" when he gets in trouble. He is completely aware of all of his actions and doesn't seem to mind the consequences.

I honestly think he just likes to watch people suffer, and nothing else.

Part of me wants to say that is an indicator of sociopathic behavior but I am not entirely sure.

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #1290 on: July 09, 2013, 01:35:00 AM
Part of me wants to say that is an indicator of sociopathic behavior but I am not entirely sure.
I'd say the same to be honest.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Pyro

• Neo Arcadian
  • Boo yeah!
    • View Profile
Reply #1291 on: July 09, 2013, 01:36:32 AM
I will defer to Quickie on his matter.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #1292 on: July 10, 2013, 03:56:26 PM
That would indeed be a symptom of antisocial personality disorder.  A lack of regret for one's actions is also a symptom, which I see in my own dad.  However, a diagnosis cannot be made on one or two criteria alone.

Posted on: July 08, 2013, 11:58:28 PM
I have a pain in my flank that feels like it's in my left kidney.  It flared up earlier this week, and it flared up again this morning.  I'm hoping it's not a stone, and stupid me forgot to get cranberry juice at the store. 

If it's a stone, I hope it passes without a problem, and I'll be drinking more water to flush it out.  If it's a stone and it's too big to pass, well... I'd rather not think about that.  I'll just drink some water and pop a Tylenol and hope for the best. :\

Offline Suppercut ♡

• Toaster Catgirl Sniper
  • Neo Arcadian
  • something something All Limiters Released
    • View Profile
    • Ironically Opressing Oppression
Reply #1293 on: July 12, 2013, 12:09:41 AM
Right now I'm having a difficult time having any sort of positive thoughts. I pissed off a friend of mine for the umpteenth time and nobody is understanding the exact [parasitic bomb] mood I'm in currently.

what

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #1294 on: July 12, 2013, 12:26:58 AM
(╯°□°)╯︵ ʇɟosıq∩

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #1295 on: July 12, 2013, 02:23:25 AM
Very creative there.

What did Ubisoft do?

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #1296 on: July 12, 2013, 02:24:30 AM
Pffft. What don't they [tornado fang]ing do? Seriously, I know from a friend that their internal bullshit is incredible at times.

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #1297 on: July 12, 2013, 03:18:32 AM
It's [tornado fang]ing remarkable how much nonsense goes on there.

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #1298 on: July 12, 2013, 04:23:57 AM
I'm currently kinda upset because of my laziness.

But I guess I should probably be happy that at least I have enough will to finally try and change up my music style.

Never the less I am mad at myself for starting shitload of stuff in the past and never getting to finishing them.
BUT I WILL [tornado fang]ing FINISH WHAT I STARTED RECENTLY EVEN IF IT [tornado fang]ing MEANS i HAVE tO SELL MY SOUL!

Also my drunk dad once again did something crazy. This [tornado fang]ing complete retard.

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #1299 on: July 12, 2013, 04:25:18 AM
Today's Free Slurpee Day and I'm too sick to go to a 7/11.