The Official E3 2009 Discussion Thread & Lounge (May 30, 2009 - June 5, 2009)

Jericho · 176962

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Look at the first post. All the times are there. It includes Nintendo, Sony, Square Enix and Konami.

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline borockman

• Super avatar painter in training
  • Legendary Hero
  • DONALD ANGRY! DONALD SMASH!!
    • View Profile
Ah, I should read the first post more thoroughly next time.  XD

Proud member of Indigo tribe!

Offline STM

• says you shouldn't play with your
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Microsoft's conference wasn't too bad, IMO. I'm interested in seeing where that motion sensing stuff goes as it's very ambitious. At the same time, it's almost set to fail. I'm hoping Rising is on PS3 as well. Nothing against the 360 boys and I'm glad they can enjoy the series too, but I'd prefer PS3 for the title.

IMO, Nintendo's conference is going to be pretty weak. Microsoft pretty much called Nintendo out and burned them in their conference.

Our controller has you using your whole body to control, not just sitting on the couch and waggling. (journalists go "ooooo!" then laugh)

They're going to have to do more than show off Motion Plus and Wii Sports Resort... and Wii Fit Plus.

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Ubisoft mentioned Tintin somewhere in the conference, and here is the announcement.

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline HokutoNoBen

• We Are Living! Living in 90s...90s...90s...
  • RPM Soldier
  • Nyohohoho~!
    • View Profile
IMO, Nintendo's conference is going to be pretty weak. Microsoft pretty much called Nintendo out and burned them in their conference.

They're going to have to do more than show off Motion Plus and Wii Sports Resort... and Wii Fit Plus.

Meh.

Nintendo has been taking a number of "snaps" from both Sony and M$ alike these last few months alone, and they've remained absolutely chill about it. Either because they have reason to believe that they'll be just fine, and/or they just don't care. 8D

Any way, the way Iwata was talking a few months ago, I'd like to think this show could stand to impress. But we'll see...I'd like to see what Retro may have cooking, if it is indeed Zelda-inspired. 

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Wasn't there some quip about Nintendo wanting to make a first-person LoZ game? But Spirit Tracks AND this?

Too early to call.

Offline STM

• says you shouldn't play with your
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Oh, I know the Zelda fanboys will just rage over this one but...

for the love of god, Zelda needs what FF6 and FF7 were to that brand. More technology, grow out of the medieval ages. It's gotten so stale. I almost couldn't stand Twilight Princess. Wind Waker was charming enough because it didn't stink of medieval influence.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
as long as Link doesn't trade in the Master Sword for a lightsaber, i'm happy with any setting. a modern day setting may be interesting.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Especially now with the train and all. At least for one game.

In fact, isn't Wind Waker and the like supposed to be set in the future? So then there's gotta be some kind of technological advancement. Of course these timelines aren't related, but heck, the upgraded store in LoZ:TP had light bulbs.

as long as Link doesn't trade in the Master Sword for a lightsaber, i'm happy with any setting. a modern day setting may be interesting.

You heard it here first:

The Biggoron Saber

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
some Kojima related news has been leaked.

- there will be a new PSP game, MGS Peace Walker, potentially featuring Big Boss.

- the Raiden game is in fact multiplatform. it's listed for PS3 and PC as well.

- Lords of Shadow has become a Castlevania game, with Kojima's team involved.

that last one is pretty damn shocking, and a little confusing. does this have anything to do with the Alucard game teased a while back?

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Emiri Landeel

• M i s s i n g   i n   a c t i o n
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Put your faith in me and I'll show ya.
    • View Profile
^
^

Yeah.. Kojima and Castlevania.
Kinda unexpected, but it's going to refresh the series for sure  :)

Not that I want IGA to go, but he better stay doing 2D CV.

Offline HokutoNoBen

• RPM Soldier
  • Nyohohoho~!
    • View Profile
Oh, I know the Zelda fanboys will just rage over this one but...

for the love of god, Zelda needs what FF6 and FF7 were to that brand. More technology, grow out of the medieval ages. It's gotten so stale. I almost couldn't stand Twilight Princess. Wind Waker was charming enough because it didn't stink of medieval influence.

Heh, now THAT's something I wouldn't mind, necessarily.  

But really, the one thing I would fear would be the same thing that happened to those last few Castlevania games. For all that they touted for taking place all over the time stream (especially the Sorrow games and PoR), who would know the difference if you didn't read the storyline? As far as the actual game goes, you're still largely stuck in the same damn castle, doing the exact same thing we've been doing since SOTN. They didn't take advantage of possibly citing things from the period, at all. Complete waste of potential, in my eyes.

So, if they're going to do anything like making a "Steam Punk" Zelda, I would hope that they would just do more to utilize what such a thing could mean for the franchise, and not just give us more along the lines of "OoT with a Steam Punk gloss". That won't fly with me.

Now, personally? I wouldn't mind another game in the line of Link's Awakening. Much more in the way of a mosaic of non-sense, that comes together and, some how, "makes sense" in its own way. It's still my favorite traditional Zelda to this day, and I think it has a large part to do with the fact that it was a nice breath of fresh air, even after the marvel that was LttP.

some Kojima related news has been leaked.

- there will be a new PSP game, MGS Peace Walker, potentially featuring Big Boss.

- the Raiden game is in fact multiplatform. it's listed for PS3 and PC as well.

- Lords of Shadow has become a Castlevania game, with Kojima's team involved.

that last one is pretty damn shocking, and a little confusing. does this have anything to do with the Alucard game teased a while back?

It might, it might not. GAF has been trying to see where the links could be.

In any case, a CV game with some serious production values behind it? How long has it been since we've had something like THAT?!  8D

Color me interested for both this and the Raiden Game.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Well, after sitting down to actually look over some of the stuff that Microsoft showed, I'll offer my PB take on most of it...

Halo 3: ODST
-Not ZOE3
-Looks interesting, and I can ALWAYS go for more JEEP ACTION
-Ahem....as much as a new game for an expansion......kinda ballsy.  We'll see about that one.

Halo: Reach
-Not ZOE3
-Not much to go on, but I could ALWAYS go for more JEEP ACTION
-2010, which means Fall or Winter 2010, as they'll probably have a nice big showcase and pretty movie planned for 2010 E3. Call me later with detail of the JEEP ACTION kind

Metal Geal Solid: Rising
-Not ZOE3
-Until I play through all the other Metal Gear games, I don't really give a crap.
-Until Kojima makes me ZOE3, like I said before, he can take a Boing! bottle and shove it up his Kojimass!

Project Natal
-Not ZOE3
-Probably a good move from the business standpoint.  Clearly trying to jump on the "Motion/Casual" Fuckton-Of-Money train.  Possibly won't work due to most 360 owner primarily caring about above mentioned games, Rock Band, not exercising, anything but Motion Sensational movement.  -Possibly will work due to popular Scene-It type games & Milton Bradley Arcade Games broadening the horizons of the system.  My money is on the "Most 360 gamers don't give a [tornado fang]" wagon but we'll see in time

Facebook/Twitter
-Not ZOE3
-Facebook is probably not very popular among the nerd community, so most won't give a [parasitic bomb] about this.
-Twitter, *Gundam Wing Announcer voice* HOWEVER, is a very good move.  Regardless if you like Twitter or not, it will soon become the basis of future journalism, whether in Tweet form or not.  Working in the Sports News industry has shown me how just sports journalists use Twitter to find breaking news, because writers/other journalists posts Tweets on their Twitter account.  This will soon be true with Game Journalism as well.  Smart move, Microsoft

Zune HD
-Not ZOE3
-Still probably not an iPod killer, but will probably gain massive amounts of popularity due to connectivity with 360, beautiful layout and look, plus the Apple haters out there.
-Zune Movies via Live looks interesting.  Really nothing bad to say about it.  Will probably be successful.

That's primarily everything Microsoft I looked into.  Did I miss anything?

Offline HokutoNoBen

• RPM Soldier
  • Nyohohoho~!
    • View Profile
Besides "Not ZOE3" being "Not ZOE3"! I think you got it all covered.  8D

Offline CephiYumi

• Kick the door, hit the floor, magical words (groovy!)
  • RPM Purifier
  • mew mew~
    • View Profile
you forgot FFXIII  o.o

Offline Emiri Landeel

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
^
^
Nah! It's not ZOE3 8D

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Besides "Not ZOE3" being "Not ZOE3"! I think you got it all covered.  8D

Sounds good.  You know, I'm pretty sure I'm not getting ZOE3 this year either!  8)

you forgot FFXIII  o.o

Well since it was announced last year, I figured it wasn't all that important since it's not ZOE3, and Spring 2010 probably means Summer!  XD

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
i dunno PB. Konami didn't have its show yet. and we know Kojima has more to announce at the show.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
i dunno PB. Konami didn't have its show yet. and we know Kojima has more to announce at the show.

Well it's got a 50/50% chance of being announced.  Although there's only a 10% chance of that! (QUICK, NAME THAT MOVIE I JUST REFERENCED)  XD

LoL, and I still do have my usual PBO (Protoman Blues Optimism) that it will still be announced.  Heh, Ya Gotta Believe!

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
because Lou isn't here to do it,

LoL, and I still do have my usual PBO (Putrid Body Odor)

fixed

Offline Jazz Shaking

• Robot Master
    • View Profile

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
TCH! I forgot S&P2!

I must know more! MOAR!

Offline Jazz Shaking

• Robot Master
    • View Profile
Sorry. That's the only thing we got of S&P2 for now. However...

Hmm... the silhouettes just remind me of something...  ;)

Offline borockman

• Super avatar painter in training
  • Legendary Hero
  • DONALD ANGRY! DONALD SMASH!!
    • View Profile
Did I see a flower power on the top left there?

Proud member of Indigo tribe!

Offline Emiri Landeel

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile

Hmm... the silhouettes just remind me of something...  ;)

:O