Our prayers are finally answered: X9 is coming!!

VixyNyan · 77427

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #150 on: March 31, 2009, 10:21:05 PM
You could say it was

very primitive execution

Offline Da Dood

• SA-Class Hunter
  • Dood Trigger!
    • View Profile
Reply #151 on: March 31, 2009, 10:27:34 PM
I think it's pretty obvious that Zero in X3 was not a central gameplay feature like tag-team in X7...

Offline Gotham Ranger

• Magic Everywhere In This Bitch
  • Master's Unit
  • Ooo, shiny~
    • View Profile
Reply #152 on: March 31, 2009, 10:28:13 PM
You guys just can't enjoy this, can you? =P You just can't go "oh man, that was awesome! Great job all parties, even if I wasn't fooled!"

:W

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #153 on: March 31, 2009, 10:29:35 PM
I think it's pretty obvious that Zero in X3 was not a central gameplay feature like tag-team in X7...

Obvious as it might be, his point still holds true.  It's a primitive example of a Tag Team option during the game, even if it was excuted poorly and easter eggishly.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #154 on: March 31, 2009, 10:31:54 PM
You guys just can't enjoy this, can you? =P You just can't go "oh man, that was awesome! Great job all parties, even if I wasn't fooled!"

I really wish that was the case. But you know, you see a point, think it's stupid, reply, someone else thinks your point is stupid and replies.

And so on and so on.

The internet is an avalanche of dumb and stupidity.

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
  • Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #155 on: March 31, 2009, 10:32:02 PM
Tag-team for example was introduced in X7, and it was a very primitive execution, later polished in X8.

Soul [Tornado Fang]ing Eraser

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #156 on: March 31, 2009, 10:36:31 PM
The internet is an avalanche of dumb and stupidity.

So is life too.  Just people aren't as open in real life as they are on the net.

Well, cept me!

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #157 on: March 31, 2009, 10:39:35 PM
Well, tell that to the media. I'm the most sane where I'm at (and the school where I go to, they are like a pile of hand gernades wating to be detonated).

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Ramzal

• B-Class Hunter
  • Don't sweat the technique.
    • View Profile
Reply #158 on: March 31, 2009, 10:40:55 PM
As far as the Axl sprite goes, it's not made by Capcom, that's for sure. If anything is a giant tip-off, it's the hair. It's way too smooth and for that matter, light for that tone of color for Capcom's work. I wouldn't go so far as to say it's a flat out edit of Zero but probably heavily referenced. Another thing is that I don't think Capcom would have put that yellow thing-a-mabobby under Axl's chest gem. It's too thin and too small of a detail to matter or bother with in sheeting a sprite officially.

If anything, they would have taken that out. The only reason Zero has the yellow line at the top of his torso is to seperate his head from the chest, (If he didn't it would look like his head and chest are the same) it's exactly the same as when Nintendo made Mario's sprite the first time. The only reason he ended up with a mustache is because they wanted to seperate his nose from his chin.

As far as BBD, Zan or Oakie making it, I'm 99.99% sure that it wasn't Oakie. He's more or less sick of peoples comments on Apirl fools jokes and the lack of people treating them like jokes, and something to linch others for. Zan is a possibility, but he just said didn't do it. So, I'll take'em for his word, and BBD well, you'd think he's gotten tired of MM mock-ups, but I've been wrong before.

And I know I had nothing to do with it. It was the Sloth I tells'ya!

It could be anyone on this forum who knows how to sprite and has Mspaint. But If it is a joke, let's just sitback, relax and blame it on Canada and not be overly serious. :P

Offline Da Dood

• SA-Class Hunter
  • Dood Trigger!
    • View Profile
Reply #159 on: March 31, 2009, 11:12:20 PM
Oh yeah, there was Xtreme 2. X(

I don't believe Zero in X3 was primitive or executed poorly. He was almost like a videogame version of McGuffin! What I'm saying is that they tend to abuse the X series for every other new idea, and often they're not executed as perfectly as they sell them to us.

Offline AdamTheHedgehog

• Godly Artist
  • B-Class Hunter
  • YOURS IS THE BRUSH THAT WILL PAINT THE HEAVENS!
    • View Profile
Reply #160 on: March 31, 2009, 11:25:17 PM
    Well, I generally like the style of the SNES MMX Games; The only thing that makes me mad about 'em is how brutally hard they can be at times. >_< Especially when it came to getting secrets. X4 was great, but the voice acting was worse than simon cowell's judgemental standards. X5 was a lot better; a nice balenced 32-bit game. X6 is where it went downhill a bit, mainly due to:
    • Lack of translation.(Because they were in a rush to localize it)
    • Frustrating Controls
    • Several Grammer and Spelling Errors
    • Brutal Difficulty
    • Poor Level Design(which is resolved with a jumping chip)
    and lastly...
    • The fact that it was not directed by Keji Inifune(because he originally wanted it to end at 5)

In my opinion, MM10 can wait; MMX9 needs to get done.

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #161 on: March 31, 2009, 11:44:43 PM
    * The fact that it was not directed by Keji Inifune(because he originally wanted it to end at 5)

Newsflash, he didn't produce X5 either. In fact, the only X game he produced was X4.

Offline Mega Greasy Houdini Tek 54321

• B-Class Hunter
  • BOOYAKASHA!!!
    • View Profile
Reply #162 on: March 31, 2009, 11:51:52 PM
So much for achieving something new with the graphics and what not! :|

Hi-friggen'larious Vixy!

Offline Bag of Magic Food

• Neo Arcadian
  • Sonic's new friend Mr. Needlemouse
    • View Profile
Reply #163 on: March 31, 2009, 11:53:57 PM
Wow, that text was so tiny, I was willing to bet you had just typed two periods there.

Offline AdamTheHedgehog

• Godly Artist
  • B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #164 on: April 01, 2009, 12:03:22 AM

Newsflash, he didn't produce X5 either. In fact, the only X game he produced was X4.

I didn't say produce; I said direct

Offline Flok

• Passionate Gamer
  • B-Class Hunter
  • Killsringman
    • View Profile
Reply #165 on: April 01, 2009, 12:16:07 AM
Fantastic fascinating fabulous news!

I hope that Axl will get possessed and goes PEW PEW BLARGH until Lumine bursts out of Axl's exploding head and goes "Lol ancient idiots, I am gonna turn you all into popsicle!".

Unfortunately/fortunately my birthday is today as well.

Flok's favorites:

Offline borockman

• Super avatar painter in training
  • Legendary Hero
  • DONALD ANGRY! DONALD SMASH!!
    • View Profile
Reply #166 on: April 01, 2009, 12:19:01 AM
Arggh, can't resist! Your existence is a one big fat lie!

just joking, happy birthday.  8)

Proud member of Indigo tribe!

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #167 on: April 01, 2009, 12:19:55 AM
Xtreme 2 and X5 and X6 had the same system, only that X6 limited how many chips you could equip depending on your rank.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #168 on: April 01, 2009, 12:48:10 AM
I didn't say produce; I said direct

Inafune really has nothing much to do with X5. He might have had a general idea of where the story was to go, but that's that. X5 was solely the responsibility of the team that also did Xtreme, Xtreme2 and X6. Why are you giving Inafune so much credit? He's just the guy that did some of the designs and drew  some of the art. That he became the father of Rockman is just because he stuck around from R1 to now. Even in the X-series he didn't have complete creative control until X4 and only X4.

Offline AdamTheHedgehog

• Godly Artist
  • B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #169 on: April 01, 2009, 12:54:39 AM
Inafune really has nothing much to do with X5. He might have had a general idea of where the story was to go, but that's that. X5 was solely the responsibility of the team that also did Xtreme, Xtreme2 and X6. Why are you giving Inafune so much credit? He's just the guy that did some of the designs and drew  some of the art. That he became the father of Rockman is just because he stuck around from R1 to now. Even in the X-series he didn't have complete creative control until X4 and only X4.

Wow, learn something new every day... -u-'

Offline Nekomata

• The Adorable
  • RPM Goddess
  • The Devil in The Poisoned Tuxedo
    • View Profile
Reply #170 on: April 01, 2009, 12:56:14 AM
protip, Zan knows more about this [parasitic bomb] than you could ever possibly hope to cram into that miniscule brain of yours.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #171 on: April 01, 2009, 01:04:43 AM
In fact, he really didnt "create" megaman. Capcom already had  a basic idea of what he was supposed to be like, he simply made the final design. but the character Idea existed before he joined.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #172 on: April 01, 2009, 01:24:36 AM
You just can't go "oh man, that was awesome! Great job all parties, even if I wasn't fooled!"

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline AdamTheHedgehog

• Godly Artist
  • B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #173 on: April 01, 2009, 01:53:25 AM
Well, from my general understanding (and that of every other person I can possibly know), Inifune is considered the father of Rockman.

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #174 on: April 01, 2009, 01:53:50 AM
I checked TMMN a while ago; not many people were amused either. It won't be long until any joke, April Fools or no, will be met with five replies of "[dark hold]".