That's to prevent someone to steal their meats and stuffs!  8D

Proud member of Indigo tribe!

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #3001 on: April 05, 2009, 06:13:28 AM
I knew my mom should of never bought those biodegradeable planting pots.

"I wonder what dog bones are actually made of."

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline TeaOfJay

• Resident Talking Tea Cup/ Lazy Super Hero
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • ROW ROW FIGHT DA POWAH!
    • View Profile
Reply #3002 on: April 05, 2009, 09:34:23 AM
So I just bought a DSi...

I'm a consumer whore! :D

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #3003 on: April 05, 2009, 09:36:29 AM
So I just bought a DSi...

I'm a consumer whore! :D
How is it?

Offline TeaOfJay

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #3004 on: April 05, 2009, 09:40:09 AM
It's charging, I'll give a more detailed review after I play with it some.

But it really has a nice finish. Which feels nice to touch.

It's smaller than the Lite, but it's also a tad bit wider. The screens are also notably bigger than the Lite's as well. Could be because it's smaller than the Lite, but we'll see how it plays.

I also learned that the Lite's and Phat's screens are actually the same size. It's just that the smaller (and brighter) Lite makes the screens look bigger.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #3005 on: April 05, 2009, 08:17:55 PM
I think I'm gonna start watching more Bollywood films!

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #3006 on: April 05, 2009, 08:22:20 PM
I also learned that the Lite's and Phat's screens are actually the same size. It's just that the smaller (and brighter) Lite makes the screens look bigger.

Wow, I always thought that the screens on the DSPhat were horribly small.

Offline TeaOfJay

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #3007 on: April 05, 2009, 09:43:44 PM
Hey, I'm posting from my DSi.

The internet browser works really well.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #3008 on: April 05, 2009, 10:30:47 PM
Yep I definetly I have to edit my friends fan fiction, make him add eye colors, add Agrabah, make him give his character a different wepon (it's a Kingdom Hearts fan fiction and his character has a Key Blade come on!), and make sure he credits the other people who made fan character's (my character was in the first chapter and he gave him self credit for her!).

Offline TeaOfJay

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #3009 on: April 05, 2009, 10:32:06 PM
Is it at least an original Keyblade or did he just take the Kingdom Keyblade?

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #3010 on: April 05, 2009, 10:53:54 PM
Is it at least an original Keyblade or did he just take the Kingdom Keyblade?
I think it's original but still it's kinda generic to have one especially since his character comes from Halloween Town, is a wizard type (I mean his character is named Wiz for crying out loud.), and the Keyblade it self is probably not so special  (Even so I'd say it's a bad idea for a fan character to have a Key Blade unless it's a evil Sora that's the only time I would except it.)

But the eye color thing and not giving credit to other fan made characters is really important.

The thing is that he said he won't give out eye colors until the second part and romantic parings are added, but a majority of the fan characters (3 out of 4 or 5 that I remember) have unusual eye colors (mines pink, ones grey, and his has one eye that's blue and the other is red.) I mean it's important to make sure the reader doesn't have a WTF moment unless it was intended.

The giving credit thing is because he doesn't really know how to write very good fan fictions he did say the disclaimer saying he didn't own the game but still it would some people's pride if one guy said he made all the fan characters when he only made one.

Offline TeaOfJay

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #3011 on: April 05, 2009, 11:14:47 PM
Hm. Since it's an original Keyblade, and apparantly the character's first Key blade. Then I really see no problem with that. Now, if he were starting with an overly powerful weapon right from the start I'd have to protest.

When credit is due, credit needs to be given. Bug the [parasitic bomb] out of him until he gives it.

Eye colors can be an important detail. Not only can it give a cleared picture to the reader of what the character looks like, but it can open up to some pretty interesting plot twists if implimented properly.

As for the name Wiz... Unless he's setting his character up for the obvious jokes, then I think the name needs to be changed. If he or no one else can think of a better one, then the name should stay.

Archer

Reply #3012 on: April 05, 2009, 11:33:51 PM
"Man I hate infomercials."

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #3013 on: April 06, 2009, 12:56:43 AM
Hm. Since it's an original Keyblade, and apparantly the character's first Key blade. Then I really see no problem with that. Now, if he were starting with an overly powerful weapon right from the start I'd have to protest.

As for the name Wiz... Unless he's setting his character up for the obvious jokes, then I think the name needs to be changed. If he or no one else can think of a better one, then the name should stay.

I still don't like the idea of giving someone a key blade, by the way it's not a Kingdom Key just to clarify, because chances are they will make it overly powerful.  And again he's kinda a mage from what I remember so mages most likely should not have a weapon like that which is why I'm going to suggest a mace to him or something because I know he won't settle for a wand.  Heck I don't know if he'll settle for changing his weapon because he can be a little stuborn about the most unreasonable things sometimes.  As for the name I don't know what to do with it.

But if he doesn't agree to anything I'll ask him to make a contest of it and give him credit for making the story but to see who has the better format and ideas. 

By the way here's the first chapter if you're intrested and also what else needs to be added if anything besides extremely good editing.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4952277/1/Kingdom_Hearts_Unrated

Offline TeaOfJay

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #3014 on: April 06, 2009, 01:15:51 AM
There isn't a rule that Mages can't use swords. It's unconventional, yes, but it can work and be interesting if done correctly.

I'll give it a quick read and edit this post with what I think.

EDIT: Wow, that was quick.

I could only stand to read the first couple of paragraphs before I lost interest, honestly. I mean, what the hell is up with Travis Town?

The conversations, from what I read, were bland at best. No humor or wit in them to say the least. Plus the fact that he chose to take a pre-exisitng story with pre-existing characters in them and adding fan characters would just lead to a jumbled mess of "Who the hell is supposed to be the hero of this thing?"

It would have been better if you took the Kingdom Hearts universe and made your own story within it, only including characters from the series in the form of cameos.

I might be a little harsh, but I honestly didn't feel immersed in the story in any way what so ever.

Take this as you will. Call me a harsh [Bumpity-Boom!] if you want to. Thems just my two cents.

And those "Before and After" conversations at the begining and the end? UGH.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #3015 on: April 06, 2009, 02:04:44 AM
Mmmmm Jell-O Wrestling!

Offline TeaOfJay

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #3016 on: April 06, 2009, 02:13:17 AM
Wow, I honestly respect Miyamoto a lot more than I did before.

He can tell something is a retarded idea when he sees it. Shame the creator of Sonichu doesn't.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #3017 on: April 06, 2009, 02:16:42 AM
EDIT: Wow, that was quick.

I could only stand to read the first couple of paragraphs before I lost interest, honestly. I mean, what the hell is up with Travis Town?

The conversations, from what I read, were bland at best. No humor or wit in them to say the least. Plus the fact that he chose to take a pre-exisitng story with pre-existing characters in them and adding fan characters would just lead to a jumbled mess of "Who the hell is supposed to be the hero of this thing?"

It would have been better if you took the Kingdom Hearts universe and made your own story within it, only including characters from the series in the form of cameos.

I might be a little harsh, but I honestly didn't feel immersed in the story in any way what so ever.

Take this as you will. Call me a harsh [Bumpity-Boom!] if you want to. Thems just my two cents.

And those "Before and After" conversations at the begining and the end? UGH.

I know it's supposed to be like that a little later and Sora being a big annoyannce and pretty much non-existant in the second part but you see what I mean.  I'll try to change it if I get the premission to edit it, but could you help me a little because I'm not so good with dialouge either.

Offline TeaOfJay

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #3018 on: April 06, 2009, 02:21:35 AM
Sure, I could help you with that.

I'd just need a little tid bit on the personalities (For the wit) and notable parts of their appearence (For physical humor) on the characters involved.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #3019 on: April 06, 2009, 02:25:37 AM
Well I can give my character's, a little of my boyfriend's, Wiz's personallities right away in a PM but you'll have to wait a few days for the others.  Plus we are going to go out of order with the worlds we go to and add some such as Legend of Zelda, Megaman X and stuff like that.

Offline IHZ

• Net Navi
  • SHOOOSH
    • View Profile
Reply #3020 on: April 06, 2009, 02:32:11 AM
I'm thinking why the hell am I not becoming a nomad like Ryu and just decided to travel North America by foot. I seriously need something new in my life and I always wanted to travel and do something crazy like that, and even if picking Ryu is only an Example, that would be a great way to see new things and hone my Parkour skills by seeing new cities and structures.

Offline TeaOfJay

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #3021 on: April 06, 2009, 02:34:12 AM
No biggie. I've written stuff with little to no regard as to what characters are involved.

Infact, I've written a good portion of my scripts like that. >.>

I'm thinking why the hell am I not becoming a nomad like Ryu and just decided to travel North America by foot. I seriously need something new in my life and I always wanted to travel and do something crazy like that, and even if picking Ryu is only an Example, that would be a great way to see new things and hone my Parkour skills by seeing new cities and structures.

Seeing as this is the first time I've seen you around here, I'm hoping you're not as crazy as the guy who thinks he's a reploid or the gal that thinks she has biometals.

If you are, you might get along with them.

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #3022 on: April 06, 2009, 03:13:41 AM
Must be roleplayers, somehow we have been getting a lot recently. But one point during your fanfic discussion it makes me want to write a fanfic after looking at the above discussion about a Kingdom Hearts fanfic.

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline IHZ

• Net Navi
  • SHOOOSH
    • View Profile
Reply #3023 on: April 06, 2009, 03:40:39 AM
I am not the least bit delusional about myself and I don'T believe myself to be some anime/videogame character, It's a dream of mine to go on a nomad run around North America, no I don'T plan to become some kind of hero, no I am not on a quest to find the true meaning of MArtial Arts by fighting 8 foot tall russian dudes or things like that, my dream is perfectly "rational" and not the least bit inspired by anime or videogame. I took Ryu as an example because it's a perfect example to show what I'd like to do, let's just drop the "martial arts quest" and the Karate Gi...I think it would do lots of good to me to see the world around me.

Well anyways, sorry if you thought I was a roleplayer, I am not.

Edit: Yeah I should have re-read my first post and chosen better words to explain it, I can'T believe how weird it sounded. Sorry, I'm not planning to perform Hadoukens anytime soon.

Offline TeaOfJay

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #3024 on: April 06, 2009, 03:42:08 AM
Well, when you explain things like that now I feel bad for calling you crazy.

We cool?