The Gauntlet of Hardcore Gaming

Pringer X · 1488

Offline Pringer X

• Ultimate Super Robot
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Pringer Beam!
    • View Profile
on: October 22, 2009, 07:28:42 AM
There are quite a few hard games out there, but what serves as the best challenges to it's players? I've decided to make a list of some of the toughest, yet most enjoyable games for anyone who's willing to call themselves hardcore. I want a list of games that have a sort of 'switch' to them, from hardcore, to 'zomg hardcore', and by that I mean games that are already extremely hard, but have an extra thing about them that makes them insanely hard (like La Mulana's extra dungeon and the extra boss fights in various RPGs).

This list is to NOT comprise of various challenges for the games, but just those extra hard, but fun ones (it'd be like taking karate, you'd be better at fighting compared to most, but to REALLY be an excellent fighter, you'd take other types of classes...if that makes any sense <.<). So far I only have two to add:

Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne (/Maniacs)
La Mulana

Anyone who's seen DC's Let's Play of La Mulana shouldn't ask why that's there, and the various elements of cheapness in Nocturne make me think it's well qualified, along with each dungeon being a giant puzzle of random [parasitic bomb] (especially the final dungeon, that's about 4-5 dungeons long ><). Anyways, what games do you think deserve to be in the "Gauntlet of Hardcore Gaming"? Keep in mind it has to be hard AND fun.

Offline Nekomata

• The Adorable
  • RPM Goddess
  • The Devil in The Poisoned Tuxedo
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: October 22, 2009, 08:11:10 AM
Deceased Crab is horrible.

seriously.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #2 on: October 22, 2009, 08:27:15 AM
The game Drowned God had some particularly brain-frying puzzles in it. 

Offline Keno

• A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: October 22, 2009, 09:27:46 AM
Shadowgate without any hints