Ultra Turbo Super Extreme "What are you thinking?" Electric Boogaloo Alpha EX ed

Dr. Wily II · 504444

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
If my fifth metatarsal (a very stubborn healer to begin with) isn't healing right, they may have to put in a pin.

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Apparently my school has a guard llama......

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Yeah the llama is supposed to protect the sheep from the coyotes that have been showing up lately, they had a donkey before who did it's job well but was also an ass to the sheep so now we have a llama.  This is apparently the second llama too, the first was a male and now this one is female.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Huh... which state do you live in again?

Offline Psycho Yuffie

• Neo Arcadian
  • Pffft!
    • View Profile
I never imagined that llamas would be good at scaring away coyotes. Is it just just because they're big or do they actually defend the sheep?

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Huh... which state do you live in again?
California.

I never imagined that llamas would be good at scaring away coyotes. Is it just just because they're big or do they actually defend the sheep?
I'm not sure, though she apparently she's kind of scaredy cat and thw sheep kind of scare her.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Oh, good, you caught the pun.  I was about to point it out.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
My mom just told me that she wants to learn how to design a video game.  I have trouble answering her questions because she's not exactly video game savvy, she's interested because she like programming.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts

Oh god.

Your mom is becoming my mom.

My mom has said similar stuff.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
I wish my mom was like that.

She seems to hate whenever my brother and I play games, because it's "rotting our brains" or some such nonsense.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
It's not as awesome as it sounds.  My mom is bipolar and would try to do things or want to do things that she has very little knowledge about or experience with.  It's quite frustrating when I have to explain basic concepts over and over and she's trying to jump ahead and everything out of her mouth is either complete bullshit or she simply doesn't know what she's talking about, all the while insisting that she's right.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile

Oh god.

Your mom is becoming my mom.

My mom has said similar stuff.
Well the difference is my mom is not crazy and she has been learning programming for a while, she's just learning Java.

I wish my mom was like that.

She seems to hate whenever my brother and I play games, because it's "rotting our brains" or some such nonsense.
My mom is only annoyed if we spend too much time on it or something.  My Dad however doesn't like them, though he doesn't give a reason why, I assume it's a waste of time sort of thing.  Then again this is from the guy who watches reruns of shows in the 50's abd Westerns all the time.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Ah, that makes more sense, then.

Back in the 90s, my mom did work as a comptroller and did a bit of programming.  She's almost completely computer-illiterate now, and when she's out in public, she acts like she had just entered civilization for the first time.

Every.

Time.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Yeah my mom slowly becomes more savvy in stuff like that as time passes and it fascinates her.  She's been making programs for her job the past 2 to 3 years now at her work, at the time I didn't know she had it in her but she has been doing a good job.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
My dad doesn't even comment on my gaming habits. He did a couple times before, if I screwed up on a subject, he'd tell me to cut down on games. So in that respect, I can't blame him and understand where he's coming from.

But my mom is just ridiculous about it. Blaming everything on not just games, but technology, in general. My sister uses her phone all the [tornado fang]ing time, yet my mom never comments about it. Why she's picking on me and my brother, I don't know.

Oh and both my parents are like cavemen when it comes to using technology. They can use Microsoft Word well enough, but the internet and e-mail? I always have to explain the most basic [parasitic bomb].

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
My mom only comments on how smartphones are making everyone lose their humanity because of how people don't talk to each other anymore because of it.  I can understand where she's coming from, but I wish she didn't reapeat herself so often. But I kind of agree with the sentiment regardless since she is kind of right.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Yeah, unfortunately.

Walk around anywhere, and you notice many people's eyes glued to their phones. I recall a video or two where people were nearly run over by cars, because they crossed the street while staring at their phones.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Yeah see I don't do that, I only look at my phone briefly while walking and put it away, and I'm sure as hell am not dumb enough to do it while crossing a street or driving like stupid people do.

My mom also saw this video of this guy who was looking for an address on a piece of paper and asks this girl for directions which leads to them dating and getting married.  Then they had the same scenario only the guy has a smart phone and the lady passes by so they missed the opportunity to have a relationship.

Now I found the video very unrealistic since I personally have a hard time believing that 2 strangers would do something like that after one simple conversation, but I know it's possible and was probably more common when my mom was around.  That and I'm an introvert. :\

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
While skiing, my half-brother pulled out his phone to check something, and I said, "I want to get proficient enough to multitask!"

He said, "Yeah, but I really shouldn't be texting while skiing," and he put his phone away.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
At least I got my mom to not text during red lights.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Granted, we were on a beginner slope and he's with Ski Patrol and has had to multitask before.

I'll just be satisfied to be able to make it down a Blue slope without falling.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
So, Mom called me (fifteen minutes ago and is still yakking) to ask me about my broken foot.  I told her a brief version of the story, and then she proceeded to talk about how she dropped an ashtray on her foot, and how it caused her foot to swell, and her foot, and that ashtray was two pounds of lead crystal, and her foot, oh and her back and her foot and the ashtray and her foot.

Because she dropped an ashtray on her foot.  And she thinks she broke it.

By dropping a two-pound ashtray on her foot.

An ashtray.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Is it bad that I find an ashtray weighing 2 pounds sounding weird?