Ultra Turbo Super Extreme "What are you thinking?" Electric Boogaloo Alpha EX ed

Dr. Wily II · 503908

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Especially since Limit charges so fast through regular combat lol

The spike is just infuriating because it's cheap as hell because of Cloud's insane range.

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
I've been in a shitty mood all day and I have no idea why. I'm gonna sleep and hope it passes.

Oh, and sorry if I've inadvertently been a dick to any of you as a result. Been a dick to everyone today.

Offline Psycho Yuffie

• Neo Arcadian
  • Pffft!
    • View Profile
I loved how characters develop in this show. All of them are so complex.

[spoiler]It would have been so easy for them to have just been like: Peridot is good now, derp! But they didn't. They let her grow and become part of the team over like five episodes. And it wasn't an easy transition for her. Also, another favorite complicated character of mine is Lars. He seems like a typical dick at the beginning of the show, but he's just so much more than that as the show goes on. He's really just lonely and wants nothing more than to have friends, but he screws up a lot. Good and bad on this show are subjective. There's so much gray in this show, which is incredibly mature for a cartoon.[/spoiler]

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Especially since Limit charges so fast through regular combat lol

The spike is just infuriating because it's cheap as hell because of Cloud's insane range.

Yeah. Cloud's really good. What's funny is, and Jericho would love this, I've found myself really loving Ganondorf in this game. Lol, Lou and I had a long string of Ryu vs. Ganondorf matches for a while the other night, and I was doing really well against his Ryu. Then he switched to Cloud and kicked my ass (although sometimes the stage helped him out). Cloud is just not easy to get close to and the Limit Break makes it where you have to rush him.

I loved how characters develop in this show. All of them are so complex.

[spoiler]It would have been so easy for them to have just been like: Peridot is good now, derp! But they didn't. They let her grow and become part of the team over like five episodes. And it wasn't an easy transition for her. Also, another favorite complicated character of mine is Lars. He seems like a typical dick at the beginning of the show, but he's just so much more than that as the show goes on. He's really just lonely and wants nothing more than to have friends, but he screws up a lot. Good and bad on this show are subjective. There's so much gray in this show, which is incredibly mature for a cartoon.[/spoiler]

Very much so

[spoiler]The reason why Peridot is such a great character is because she is such a pure representation of "knowledge & understanding." She thinks she already knew everything and then she came to Earth and her world was turned upside down. But she still wants to understand how things work. In such a subtle and genius way, she represents the hope that even the most stubborn of people, the people out their that think they know EVERYTHING about how the world works, aren't actually bad people but rather they just don't know how things work. That's why I love her so much. You legit cheer for Peridot and smile when she rejects Yellow Diamond objectivity and hierarchy and cruelty because you see her grow over her redemption arc.

What I also love about her is Steven himself. His ability to see the best in people and never be cruel or kind to anyone. Even before they capture Peridot, in those episodes where she's on the run, when there is a slight confrontation, Steven is never mean to her, or forceful, or violent. Peridot had a reason to be afraid of the other Crystal Gems and want to stop them. However it's through Steven's kindness, his willingness to be tolerant, patient, and just be overall nice to her that she learns and grows as an individual. It's such a wonderful message for everyone. [/spoiler]

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
[spoiler]Personally, I'm waiting for an accidental fusion between Peridot and Steven.  It wouldn't be too far fetched, either.  They'd be roughhousing, and POOF!  And then Peridot freaks the [tornado fang] out.[/spoiler]

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
[spoiler]Well CN might have accidentally let slip who she's going to fuse with.[/spoiler]

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
[spoiler]Oh?  Do tell.  I don't see CN promos.[/spoiler]

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Yeah. Cloud's really good. What's funny is, and Jericho would love this, I've found myself really loving Ganondorf in this game. Lol, Lou and I had a long string of Ryu vs. Ganondorf matches for a while the other night, and I was doing really well against his Ryu. Then he switched to Cloud and kicked my ass (although sometimes the stage helped him out). Cloud is just not easy to get close to and the Limit Break makes it where you have to rush him.

Yeah an aggressive cloud is a challenge, sadly alot of my friends like to hang back and keep charging limits giving me ample time to control the flow of any battle I get into with them.

Offline Psycho Yuffie

• Neo Arcadian
  • Pffft!
    • View Profile
I'm actually kinda confused by SU's schedule. When will the next batch of episodes start coming out?

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
I'm actually kinda confused by SU's schedule. When will the next batch of episodes start coming out?

I don't think that information will be revealed until much later.

That's how the cartoon hiatus usually goes.

Offline Psycho Yuffie

• Neo Arcadian
  • Pffft!
    • View Profile
I don't think that information will be revealed until much later.

That's how the cartoon hiatus usually goes.
The show last released an episode last Friday; and before last Monday it was on mid-season break. It would be weird for a show to come back from a break, release a few cartoons, and then go on hiatus.

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
I hear SU gets really unlucky with CN hiatuses.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Psycho Yuffie

• Neo Arcadian
  • Pffft!
    • View Profile
Yeah, apparently the show is on hiatus. That's just bizarre. Why?! ;O;

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Gravity Falls gets the same treatment, if not even worse.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
shouldn't that be past tense since Gravity Falls is ending?

But yeah, giant hiatuses pretty much kill western cartoons for me. I'm still reminded of the giant breaks between the last few episodes of Ed, Edd N Eddy and how I honestly thought the show ended like two years before it actually did because of it.

Is there ever any real explanation for it? Episodes take longer than planned? Trying to keep animation quality consistent?

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
[spoiler]Oh?  Do tell.  I don't see CN promos.[/spoiler]

Okay, but be warned. If this is true, it's a pretty big spoiler

[spoiler]Only if you're sure... [spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler]

Yeah an aggressive cloud is a challenge, sadly alot of my friends like to hang back and keep charging limits giving me ample time to control the flow of any battle I get into with them.

Nice!

Don't worry. It's not confusing. It's just stupid.

Offline Strider Xhaiden

• The Token Brit.
  • Master's Unit
  • Never "Great", just varying degrees of "OK".
    • View Profile
My inability to avoid worrying about other people is getting frustrating. Combined with the issues I personally have and it's not a good combination....

My Twitch channel. Random streams during the week.
Currently streaming: Transformers: Devastation

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
[spoiler]Oooooooh!  I forgot all about Lapis.  So, she got away from Jasper?[/spoiler]

Also...

Offline Strider Xhaiden

• The Token Brit.
  • Master's Unit
  • Never "Great", just varying degrees of "OK".
    • View Profile
I just spent an hour and a half typing up another character bio. Now I'm sleepy...

My Twitch channel. Random streams during the week.
Currently streaming: Transformers: Devastation

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Bidsniped. Lost by 1 dollar. Of course.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
[spoiler]Oooooooh!  I forgot all about Lapis.  So, she got away from Jasper?[/spoiler]

Also...

[spoiler]That's the current theory, but no one knows yet. This promo was supposedly released way ahead of schedule.[/spoiler]

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
I'll have to grab the screenshot later, but there was another leaked spoiler...

[spoiler]Voice actor listings of the characters, including a character named Jade... voiced by both Garnet's and Peridot's actors.  Sooooooo.... I think our most plausible first Perifusion would be that.[/spoiler]

Offline Psycho Yuffie

• Neo Arcadian
  • Pffft!
    • View Profile
SU spoilers!
[spoiler]It's a very small spoiler. I knew that they would eventually save Lapis from Jasper. I also guessed that it was a matter of time before Lapis became a Crystal Gem too. I am a bit disappointed, though. There's just something about that fusion that doesn't click in my head, but I also haven't seen the episode in question yet. It might make sense within the episode's context. I was kinda hoping that Lapis would be Steven's first Gem fusion.[/spoiler]

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
[spoiler]Well there's also the chance Peridot is simply giving her that gift to be friendly and kind of make up for Lapis being imprisoned on the ship. Like Quickie said though, Garnet & Peridot would make the most logical sense for her first fusion, being that Garnet knows fusion better than anyone.[/spoiler]

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Okay, but be warned. If this is true, it's a pretty big spoiler

[spoiler]Only if you're sure... [spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler]

[spoiler]Oh my god Peridot's little awkward adorkable smile <3[/spoiler]