Ultra Turbo Super Extreme "What are you thinking?" Electric Boogaloo Alpha EX ed

Dr. Wily II · 492481

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Uh no people who suck at video games usually suck at platformers most of the time.  Expecially 2D platformers.  Just ask someone like HC Bailly, Naka Teleeli and Chuggaconroy.  Hell my brother even agrees with me and he's good at video games unlike me.   

The eye coordination for most platformers is something I just don't have.  I also have a lot of trouble memorzing boss patterns and what to do with them.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
I guess I just never had a huge problem with platformers outside of VVVVVV and classic Megaman.

JRPGs are far from a cakewalk, and give me more trouble, especially with Etrian Odyssey.

Etrian Odyssey 1-2 can be absolutely, unforgivingly brutal. EO4 is the easiest of the series, and it is still able to keep you on your toes. Some of the Final Fantasy bosses are challenging, too.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Yeah JRPG's are usually easier for people who suck at other video games that require precision and quick actions, even the hard ones.  My brother was impressed that I was able to beat FF5 and Dragon Quest 9 which are pretty hard, though DQ 9 was mostly due to the need to money grind since money is so hard to make in that game.

FF5 is the only FF game I've beaten too, mostly because I either got bored/distracted with another game, got stuck at the late phases of FF4, though I could probably get through if I needed, or just really bad luck in 6.  Ultros kept killing Banon somehow and if Banon dies it's instant game over.  I have no idea why that kept happening either, it's a mystery to me of why that happened, especially with Fire spamming. 6 is supposed to be mostly [acid burst] easy.  But I will get my revenge someday, I will get my revenge.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
I suck at platformers.  RPGs, fighting games, beat-em-ups, rail shooters, puzzle games, and FPS are what I'm good at.

And my FPS control scheme drives seasoned players absolutely bonkers because I invert the Y axis.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Oh and for the record Phi, anything made by Atlus will be ball bustingly hard and want to make you pull your hair out.  Any Atlus game.  That's how they usually make their games.

Except Virtual Hylide, which is just bad like all the Hylide games.  In fact that's probably the worst one.  It's hard for all the wrong reasons.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Platformers are my jam! Probably better at those than any other genre. Puzzle games I'm alright at. 3D Mech Fighting games are pretty great as well.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
I also suck really badly at FPSes, I cannot aim my shots for the life of me.  I really neglect the Gun Mode in God Eater which is really bad when I'm up against Sariel type enemies.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
I'm no veteran at FPS games, but I reckon I'm good at them in single player campaigns. I can aim very well.

Online multiplayer is a different story, though. Veteran FPS gamers are the worst to deal with. Both in skill and obnoxious behavior.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Oh I will guarantee I will get last place in any FPS multiplayer match.  Guanteed. 

FPSes are worse than Platformers to me.

Also I suck at Mario 64, really suck.  Granted I only played it once, but I suck.  Mario Sunshine too. 

Also Mario and Luigi Dream Team is also pretty hard for a JRPG.

Offline irgpie

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
I'd consider myself best at shooters but I've largely dropped any PVP ones for the sake of my health. I'm probably rusty with stuff like TF2 now.

Other than that I'm kind of bad at everything. I've especially lost all patience with platformers.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
I prefer single player and co-op campaigns for FPS games.  Did a few multiplayer, but I prefer to use my player profile for my control scheme, else I'll waste time setting up my controls.

Bow down to my inverted Y axis!

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Oh I also suck at Star Fox, especially 64.

*huddles in a corner in shame*

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
I'm actually really good at shmups.

I still need to play Star Fox 64 3D.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
I'd probably be better with something like Gardius, but I would need Save States.  And maybe the Konami code.

Offline irgpie

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Despite my fanaticism of a certain shmup, I'm not terribly good at them except the multiplayer one that's a lot more random in patterns. Probably because they're less pretty and don't magnetize my eyes away from where I should be looking.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
I really like Jamestown, but I suck at it like nobody else.  And don't get me started with Touhou.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
I'm okay at SHMups, but prefer multiplayer or rail shooters.  Though, I was decent at Rogue Squadron and Rebel Assault.  Not great, but decent enough to clear stages at the bare minimum.

Though, on the N64, I mostly played Perfect Dark 64.  Then I graduated to Halo and kept a similar control scheme.  Inverted my Y a is for Battlefront, too.

I can't play a FPS without having the Y axis inverted.  It just feels more natural for me to push down to look up.

Offline irgpie

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Oh, good. Wasn't sure if you meant inverted with a mouse. That'd be weird. Control stick makes sense.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Yeah I like inverted control stick controls on certain things as well.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
For PC, I prefer keyboard controls.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
I have to get a game pad myself.  I've actually been debating getting a USB SNES controller for emulated SNES games like A Link to the Past.  I don't have the precision I need with the Logitech Joystick and the D-pad just plain sucks.

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
I play competitive Counter-Strike so I'd like to say FPS is one of the genres I'm good at.
I burned myself on JRPGs during my teenage years so I'm not really a massive fan of the genre these days. (Although looking back, I'm suddenly getting the urge to sit down and finish Summon Night: Swordcraft Story.) I'm more into WRPGs, FPS games, and arcade racers these days, believe it or not.
Of course I still go for the odd platformer. Shovel Knight is my jam atm.

I use a wireless 360 controller for literally everything from SNES to PS2 to PC.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Another thing I've been debating on getting is an Xbone Controller for the PC, just for the better D-Pad and it would probably feel better in my hands than a 360 controller.  I just don't like 360 controllers that much unfortunately.

But it's sooooooooooooooooo expensive, I mean $50 is a bit much for a controller really.  That's the price of a damn game.

It's something I want, but it's not a priority.

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Same. I really hugely prefer the X1 controller. The 360 controller is riding on perfect but the X1 is somehow so much better due to the improved sticks/triggers. It just feels so smooth.

But I'm not dropping 50 bucks on that.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Yeah seriously for all the things the Xbone [tornado fang]'d up at least they got the controller right.