Ultra Turbo Super Extreme "What are you thinking?" Electric Boogaloo Alpha EX ed

Dr. Wily II · 502159

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Glad we don't really get Skunks here, I never want to smell Skunk Spray.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • -Lousy Artist since 1991-
I don't want to be reminded of what my dog went through after getting sprayed by a skunk.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
I imagine not.

Also my brother's girlfriend said she can help with the paper mache and embossing.

Offline Strider Xhaiden

• The Token Brit.
  • Master's Unit
  • Never "Great", just varying degrees of "OK".
    • View Profile
Heh, nobody at my workplace recognised my Proto Man cosplay from a couple of years ago (guess ranged from Superhero/Power Ranger to a ****ING ANGRY BIRD. I was certainly angry when I heard that. Bunch of uneducated heathens.)

Anyhoo, I'm contemplating dressing as Hazama this year. I can mimic his personality fairly well, so....

My Twitch channel. Random streams during the week.
Currently streaming: Transformers: Devastation

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Okay Power Ranger I can kind of understand, but mistaking Protoman for an Angry Bird? o-O

Offline Strider Xhaiden

• The Token Brit.
  • Master's Unit
  • Never "Great", just varying degrees of "OK".
    • View Profile
Best guess? They saw red and black, then thought the silver bit was eyebrows.

The people in my hometown are ****ing stupid, is what I'm trying to say.

Oh, and I was at the Doctor's for a routine checkup last week. Turns out I AM underweight. By about 5-lbs. Surprised me, at least.

My Twitch channel. Random streams during the week.
Currently streaming: Transformers: Devastation

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Well at least that's not too bad.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
I personally didn't find Kill Bill volume 1-2 as astounding as everyone says they are.

I really enjoyed them, definitely, but I don't think they're masterpieces. Not to mention I prefer the first film, while most seem to favor the second.

No, definitely not masterpieces. I enjoy both equally, but I think Basterds is much better.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
No one ever recognizes my cosplays.

Except for when I'm at conventions.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
http://youtu.be/goAZtk1i3CM

the best ending of any game ever

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
I played with and entertained two goats and let them buck me.  One of them kept eating my pants.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile

Seriously I smiled so much when my brother showed me that.

I played with and entertained two goats and let them buck me.  One of them kept eating my pants.
I think the reason goats eat clothes is because they want to see people naked, and not because they eat everything.  Because goats are horny. *bricked*

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
The goat in question was female.

She also had horns and liked to buck.  Her pen-mate, Gilligan, doesn't have horns, is male, and if you're wearing a skirt, he'll stick his head up it to smell your crotch.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Certainly not helping to disprove that statement though.....

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Seriously I smiled so much when my brother showed me that.

You should play it. It's a very odd and wonderful experience.

The narrative quality is comparable to the Portal series.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Yeah I certainly would, though I might need to update my wish list since I'm not sure if it's there since admittedly I forgot about the game.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
I crouched down with the goats and they both head-butted me in the stomach and horsed around.  We got along great. 8D

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Such... Horny... Goats... 8D

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline Mr. Haxwell

• Totally hax
  • Master's Unit
  • The guy feeding off on your hate
    • View Profile

They need to make more games like this.

On another subject; my brother seems to come sleepover at our house every weekend. I feel like he's making an excuse not to stay at his own house.

Fear me.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Yeah that may be the case, it's really not normal for a married man to sleep at their parents house every weekend when they have their own place.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
2 things I really don't understand about Final Fantasy and by extension Bravely Deafult in general.  They don't have White Mages learn lesser damage Light attacks before learning Holy and they don't allow Magic Knights learn the damaging elements of White Mages and Time Mages (ie Aero and Quake) except for Holy which is one of the last spells you get.   

FF14 got around that whole issue of offensive spells for White Mages by having the source of their power be Earth, Wind and Water. Earth was their go to offensive spell, Wind was a damage over time spell and water was mostly for pushing away enemies. They still got Holy at level 50 and that spell hits everything around the White Mage like a truck.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
I mean White Mages do have Aero spells in Bravely Default, which is just a normal damage spell, but Magic Knights can't learn that.  However Time Mages learn Quake, Quara, and Quaga for some weird reason, also with the normal Comet spamming.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
My main class in FF14 the Summoner is pretty unique for that class-typically Summoners either focus on white mage or black magic in most ff games (Rydia or Yuna for example) on top of their summons.

Arcanists (Base Class for Summoner and Scholar) can summon two types of Carbunkles (a caster or a tank type), the Scholar can summon a healing Sylph or a Support Sylph and Summoners can summon a Ifrit-Egi (Close range DPS), a Titan-Egi (Tank), or Garuda-Egi (Ranged DPS).

In 14 a summoner siphons a portion of a Primal's (The Summons of FF14's world) and creates an Egi, a familer like creature that acts as a Pet in battle. Their main spells are mostly poison like effects that all stack with each other for massive damage over time on top of their summon constantly attacking as well.

Ruin - Deals light to moderate damage to one foe (short cast time)
Ruin II - Deals larger damage has no cast time but costs more MP (Also Blinds)
Ruin III - Costs nearly nearly  40% of your MP but deals high damage (A special mechanic lowers it to more reasonable costs however)

Bio - Does damage over time (think Poison)
Bio II - Does damage over time (Stacks with Bio)
Miasma - Does damage over time (Stacks like the others) and inflicts several debuffs like slow and heavy.
Miasma 2 - Does damage over time to enemies at point blank range also reduces the target's ability to recover HP for a bit.
Virus - Debuffs target's Strength,Dexterity,Intelligence,and Mind for about 10 seconds.
Tri-Bind - Deals low damage and puts heavy on the target
Tri-Disaster - Inflicts Bio+Bio II+Miasma all at once (has a decent cool down time)
Shadow Flare - Lays down an Area of effect bubble that damages any enemy standing in it over time.

Their main mechanic however is a skill called Aether Flow that gives them three stacks of this status that can be spent on powerful spells. It also recovered about 50% or so of the user's MP at once (has a minute cool down)

Bane - Inflicts all Bio/BioII/Miasma/MiasmaII effects onto all other targets nearby at lesser effect.
Fester - Inflicts massive damage depending how many of the Summoner's damage over time spells are in effect.
Energy Drain - Deals moderate damage and siphons that damage into HP and MP
Pain Flare - Deals moderate damage to all enemies around the target
Dreadwyrm Trance - Once you spend all three stacks of Aether Flow you can use this to summon a portion of Bahamut's power and gain a 10% increase to all magic damage on top of reducing the cost of Ruin III to a reasonable amount for about 12 seconds.
Death Flare - At any time during the Trance you can use this massively powerful AOE spell that drains all remaining time form the trance (Although you can spam Ruin III till the last second then cast it XD)

Pretty different than most Summoners in the franchise. I really like the focus it has rather than just out right black or white magic. I guess Ruin is a black magic spell though?

Edit: Oh yeah forgot the Arcanist/Summoner and Scholar have a healing spell called Physick that is only really effective when used by a Scholar (as they are healers with DoT attacks), and Resurrection a costly revive that allows you to bring back party members in battle right away while White Mages need to get a trait that lets them use Raise in battle.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
The Arcanist in Bravely Default is basically a Black Mage support class, they can't really do damage without having Black Magic as a second ability, unless you manipulate the BP, but what they can do is make Status ailments more likely to take so if you say poison the enemy the Arcanist can do major damage to them.  Problem is that their Spells for the most part hit everyone so if anyone in the party somehow got poisoned too they die.  I only have that problem with the BP related spells though.

Also there's no Bio, ala 4-6 and other games, in Bravely Default and Flare has been replaced with the just as potent but stupidly named Dark.  Come on was something like Oblivion not blunt enough?

EDIT: Also is your Arcanist as stupidly dressed as mine?  The blond guy is the one who I put the Arcanist Job on.

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Arcanist_(Bravely_Default)

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
http://ffxiv.consolegameswiki.com/images/thumb/9/96/Arcanist_concept1.jpg/300px-Arcanist_concept1.jpg

FF14 Arcanists had more of a Academic type look to them, they use Grimoires as weapons and act as a base class for Summoner and Scholar. They arn't as good as the Healer or Damage dealing magic classes but have a lot of options to make up for it.

Way FF14 works class wise is you can switch between classes at any time (Assuming you unlocked the class and have a weapon for it by just equipping said weapon), each class has it's own level and after leveling certain classes to certain points you can unlocks jobs.

For example a Summoner requires a level 30 Arcanist and a level 15 Thaumaturge.
While a Ninja requires a Level 30 Rogue and a level 15 Pugilist.

Classes are...

Gladiator that upgrades later to the Paladin Tank Job
Marauder that upgrades later to the Warrior Tank Job
Pugilist that upgrades later to the Monk DPS Job
Lancer that upgrades later to the Dragoon DPS Job
Archer that upgrades later to the Bard DPS Job
Rogue that upgrades later to the Ninja DPS Job
Conjurer that upgrades later to the White Mage Healer Job
Thaumaturge that upgrades later to the Black Mage DPS Job
Arcanist that upgrades to either the DPS Summoner Job or Healer Scholar Job

You also have three stand alone jobs as of the expasion that don't require any Class.

Dark Knight a tank
Macanist a ranged DPS with Drone Pets
and Astrologian a weaker healer job with lots of options for buffs and debuffs.