• Coffee-Powered
  • Master's Unit
  • Short for Sapphire Knight
    • View Profile
    • Sapph's DA
Reply #2775 on: March 23, 2015, 05:54:45 AM
[The question about the blue metal wasn't answered, was it? o3o;; ]

My thread of Random Crap

Who loves Grape Soda? Sapph loves Grape Soda! Is it true? Is it true? Ohyesohyesohyes it's true-oo~ I do I do I do I do-oo~

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #2776 on: March 23, 2015, 05:55:42 AM
(Nope.)

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Sapphire Knight

• Coffee-Powered
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Sapph's DA
Reply #2777 on: March 23, 2015, 06:05:49 AM
Shuu cleared his throat before turning to the king. "So, do you know anything about the blue metal?" He asked, a scrap of the blue metal appearing in his hand in a flicker of red light.

My thread of Random Crap

Who loves Grape Soda? Sapph loves Grape Soda! Is it true? Is it true? Ohyesohyesohyes it's true-oo~ I do I do I do I do-oo~

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #2778 on: March 23, 2015, 06:23:03 AM
((I'm trying to think of how to answer it! XD))

Riagan finally spoke up. "I have only seen what our smelters produce.  You know that metal doesn't occur in sheets, young man."

He and the King laughed and he took a drink of his mead.  "We have an ore that when smelt and finished will produce a blue sheen such as that, but the process is long and very, very difficult, and the ore is scarce."

"Indeed, our mines were swiftly depleted years ago when we first struck it," the King added.

"And as for fae weakness to iron... Cold iron burns and weakens the fae.  It draws out their magic.  If you want to prevent entry to your home, you hang up a horseshoe.  Fae are repelled by it."

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #2779 on: March 23, 2015, 06:29:36 AM
"So yeah avoid it like the plauge." Sakura nodded.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #2780 on: March 23, 2015, 06:33:02 AM
Riagan fumbled with something in a pouch and put a ring around his finger.  He walked over to the Professor, grabbed his scrawny arm with one hand and pressed the ring against the bare skin with the other.

The Professor yanked his arm away with a shout and rubbed at the burn mark. "What was that, what was that?!"

Riagan took the ring off his finger and looked to the others while putting it back in his pocket.  "You have a fae.  A weak one, but fae skin burns the same."

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #2781 on: March 23, 2015, 06:38:26 AM
"Ouch guess that was made of Iron." Sakura winched "Yeah definitely stay away from Epee's feet too or else that happens.  Though what is that ring anyway Riagan?"

"Professor do you need me to treat that?" Calien asked "Come to think of it I realize I need to re bandage  your hands again too."

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #2782 on: March 23, 2015, 06:44:34 AM
"Sometimes, fae can disguise themselves.  Wear the ring and shake hands with a disguised fae and it breaks their spell," Riagan said simply.

The Professor looked at the burn mark, but it was little more than a red, inflamed mark, so it wasn't a concern for him.  Looking over to Calien, he shook his head. "Just, just the b-bandages need changed..."

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #2783 on: March 23, 2015, 06:47:33 AM
"Right I'll change them right away after dinner." Calien nodded.

"Huh, I guess that explains how a Changling might be undetected initially." Sakura pondered "Even with my eyes I don't think I can tell the difference if it's shapeshifting.  If it's an illusion spell that's another story."

Offline Sapphire Knight

• Coffee-Powered
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Sapph's DA
Reply #2784 on: March 23, 2015, 06:52:55 AM
Shuu seemed a little crestfallen by the revelation about the metal. "I figured it was a rare ore and a tricky process..." He sighed. "Well, I still have plenty of time to figure it out. After all, I only just started this job, I'll be at it for a long time yet."

My thread of Random Crap

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #2785 on: March 23, 2015, 07:15:57 AM
"Is iron the fae's only weakness?" Pema scratched her head.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #2786 on: March 23, 2015, 08:16:05 AM
"Rowan wood can break a faerie's glamour.  Boiling eggshells will break a changeling's glamour.  Surround your home in a circle of salt, and the fae will not cross it.  But your best bet be iron.  You can kill a fae with enough of it." Riagan's gaze went to the Professor for a brief moment before it returned to Pema.

"Turn around thrice widdershins, spit, and touch iron," a barmaid leaned in to fill Pema's mug, "that'll keep the fae away from yer spirit."

((Bah!  Forgot who asked.))

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #2787 on: March 23, 2015, 08:25:04 AM
"Okay so no hard boiled eggs for the Prof." Calien stated as he suddenly pulled out a note pad and started to write it down, however his writting was not in the language which was spoken by everyone but rather something foreign. "And I am familiar with Rowan trees and their wood, there's a few in the forest I live in, so I'll make sure he stays away from that.  Used to be a woodcutter when I was living in that human settlement."

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #2788 on: March 23, 2015, 08:32:57 AM
"But, but, but... I have eaten hardboiled eggs.  It's a staple of the--errr.... my, my organization," the Professor seemed confused.

Riagan cleared his throat.  "Glamour is what fae use to appear human.  If you boil eggshells, the changeling will ridicule you for it, thus breaking the spell."

He looked at the Professor again, and then to Calien. "Your fae has no glamour.  That's why you see it as itself.  Its magic is weak."

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #2789 on: March 23, 2015, 08:41:20 AM
"Okay I misunderstood that one." Calien nodded as he changed his notes "So we don't have to worry about that or the Wood."

"What does Widdershins mean?" Sakura pondered.

"I think it's counter clockwise?" Calien replied with a bit of hesitation "I rarely hear that word, though I did hear some children sing it as a nursery ryhme once back in the day and they were turning counter clockwise.  It was almost exactly the way the barmaid said too. Even though I am mostly fluent with this language I suppose there are quite a few terms I am still not familiar with."

"I guess that makes sense since this is your second language." Sakura nodded.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #2790 on: March 23, 2015, 11:58:43 PM
Pema hopped out of her seat, mug in hand, and occupied an empty chair next to the Prof, "Hey, are you feeling okay? You seem lost in thought."

She placed a comforting hand on the Prof's shoulder.

"I don't blame him. These things must be difficult for him to hear," Salem piped up.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #2791 on: March 24, 2015, 12:27:53 AM
"Just give him some time to let the information sink in." Sakura stated "To be honest it would be difficult for anyone to accept so much shocking information at once.  But he had to know, and it's what he's been wanting for a while at least.  It's especially fortunate that we know now considering we weren't even aware of his Iron weakness until now."

Offline Sapphire Knight

• Coffee-Powered
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Sapph's DA
Reply #2792 on: March 24, 2015, 12:39:09 AM
Shuu was, by this point, enjoying some food. Though, he was also thinking while he ate, wondering just how many daemons would be making their presence known to the world with the Omni Gem broken and scattered.

[I should probably take this moment to point out that, under his armor, Shuu wears brown trousers, a blue tunic, and shoes made from a faded, dark blue hide of some sort.]

My thread of Random Crap

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #2793 on: March 24, 2015, 12:40:54 AM
(I think you somehow snuck in Shuu's beta name there, Jase.)

Offline Sapphire Knight

• Coffee-Powered
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Sapph's DA
Reply #2794 on: March 24, 2015, 12:42:37 AM
[OOPS! Jase is an entirely different character, who I've been playing as elsewhere. >>;
Fixed now.]

My thread of Random Crap

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #2795 on: March 24, 2015, 01:41:00 AM
(TWO-TIMER! :W)

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #2796 on: March 24, 2015, 01:50:17 AM
(Doesn't Quickie do Tumbler RPs?)

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #2797 on: March 24, 2015, 02:27:52 AM
(Different Prof! :W)

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #2798 on: March 24, 2015, 02:31:54 AM
Pema hopped out of her seat, mug in hand, and occupied an empty chair next to the Prof, "Hey, are you feeling okay? You seem lost in thought."

She placed a comforting hand on the Prof's shoulder.

"I don't blame him. These things must be difficult for him to hear," Salem piped up.

"Oh!  Oh, oh, I'm fine.  Just, just thinking.  We should soon, we should soon prepare to embark on our journey.  I've, I've made, I've made a large supply of p-potions and m-my explosives, but, but, b-but I'll need access to more supplies later," the Professor didn't look up and just took a drink from his mug.

After a moment, he turned around in his seat and lifted his robe up to his knee, revealing the brace.  He placed his bare skin against the metal support bars, but didn't react to it.  "Methinks... methinks the iron content of this m-must be low..."

((And yes, I do Tumblr RPs, along with offline tabletop RPs.))

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #2799 on: March 24, 2015, 02:36:02 AM
"Yeah Riagan said they can provide us with about 2 weeks of supplies and the smithy is making some armor for me, Daddy, and Aya." Sakura told him "Everything's being taken care of, just eat and rest for now."