RPM-Adventure!

Blue Valkyrie · 40375

Offline Mr. Haxwell

• Totally hax
  • Master's Unit
  • The guy feeding off on your hate
    • View Profile
Reply #575 on: August 27, 2014, 09:02:25 PM
"W-what's going down there?" Kaitlyn being koncked off balance by the tremor, "Why's the ground shaking?"

(I sense a Shadow of the Colossus scene here.)

Fear me.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #576 on: August 27, 2014, 09:13:10 PM
(Dear God, I hope so.)

"This does not look good! Prepare yourselves!" Luna assumed a fighting stance with her sword drawn, in case the shadow moved in closer to them.

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #577 on: August 27, 2014, 09:22:24 PM
"Oh I really hope it doesn't notice us." Sarah said quietly as she began to enchant her blade.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #578 on: August 27, 2014, 09:43:18 PM
"That voice came from beneath us! We must get down there as quickly as possible, cause that rumbling can't possibly be good!" Talyn exclaimed as she looked for a way down.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #579 on: August 27, 2014, 10:07:36 PM
As Talyn finishes her sentence her eyes pick out a large number of humanoid shapes shambling from the various doors of the fortress, the sound of clanking armor gets louder and soon roughly ten or so armored men have the group surrounded; any hope of them being sane is quickly lost as their features betray their nature, their ragged rusty armor hanging on over a transformed beast like body.

Beast Soldiers
Former soldiers of Zepter, in the golden age these warriors wearing shining gold and red armor were the pride of King's military might and were praised for their bravery and wills of steel. Typically preferring sword and shield, Halberds, Spears and Axes a few of these knights would sometimes practice archery.

When the fog engulfed the kingdom these knights remained at their post protecting their homeland even as chaos fell around them, now their bodies have been monstrously changed with elongated limbs and beast like faces. Their sanity has long since left these hollowed warriors.

((There are roughly ten of these beast knights surrounding your group, I'll leave the armament up to you, their long clawed arms and legs give them good reach on top of what ever weapon they have equipped, however they are quite slow and only attack with brute force not the skill of a trained knight.))

The Reya, Serah and Luna retreat back slightly as the glowing red eyes of massive shadow emerges, a giant of humanoid shape protected in thick blue armor and wielding a massive great sword in one hand as if it were nothing. The blade it's self is nearly as big as the three woman and getting hit by that would mean certain death.

Iron Giant

An animated suit of armor forged by the blacksmiths of Dragon's Peak and the sorceries of the Sage's Spire. A crystal acts as the giant's core and is believed to be the trapped soul of a convicted criminal sentenced to death. The control rod that once directed this mass of iron has long since been lost and now the giant merely attacks anyone in it's path. It's presence in the arena hints that it was forced to fight the unwilling participants for the amusement of the soldiers.

((The Iron Giant nearly stands above the seating area so yeah this could be a SotC type fight. Simple slashing it to death might not work.  8D))

Offline Mr. Haxwell

• Totally hax
  • Master's Unit
  • The guy feeding off on your hate
    • View Profile
Reply #580 on: August 27, 2014, 10:19:36 PM
(I don't think I'll be able to give feedback, since the night has taken over. Was hoping to throw in a stray arrow or two, from mystery character. Somewhat assisting prospero's group in a way. But I'm going to let that pass until tomorrow.)

Fear me.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #581 on: August 27, 2014, 10:27:58 PM
(We're fighting this?) 8D

"Oh Lord, look at the size of that thing!" Luna observed and got closer to it, "Well, the bigger they are..." She aimed two fingers at the Iron Giant, "Thundara!!" Lightning bolts struck him, but didn't seem to be that effective.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #582 on: August 27, 2014, 10:50:21 PM
"Quite the welcoming committee, I see. Are they trying to welcome us to our doom, cause I really don't think that'll be happening today," Talyn quipped, her blades out in a flash. "Let's deal with these beasties so we can help our fellow companions down below, eh?" With that, she leapt into battle against an axe-wielder.

(Using dat weapon triangle from FE for kicks haha)

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #583 on: August 27, 2014, 10:50:30 PM
“One thing my master taught me as a general rule of thumb is if they are made of metal, they are most likely weak to lighting." Sarah said as she finished enchanting her blade with a Thundara "However we can't take it head on it must have weak spots."

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #584 on: August 27, 2014, 11:36:07 PM
((Haha nah more like this

No worries post when you can, gives everyone else a chance to catch up))

The Thundara while not enough to pierce it's iron hide does stagger the beast a little, and it's possible more spells of that element may create a weak point in it's defenses if she has the mana to spare.

"Maybe try for the gaps in it's joints, even a monster in armor has to have the same weakness as a person!" Reva draws her weapon it's triangular blade glows blue at the creature's presence as if in warning, putting her poor condition in the back of her head she charges at the beast it predictably attempts to crush her with it's great sword however she manages to evade with a slide coming to halt just behind it before staggering back to her feet. The Iron giant glances back at Reva it's attention off the other two for a moment.

-----

Talyn's leap takes the axe wielding beast knight off balance giving her ample time to follow up her advance, she and the others get the idea that these beast knights aren't really working as a team in fact several seem to be fighting for who gets to eat what party member for dinner.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #585 on: August 27, 2014, 11:44:42 PM
"It looks like those guys are arguing over who gets to eat us for dinner," Talyn commented. "Don't they know anything? It's still morning, at least fight over who has us for breakfast!!" she exclaimed as she sliced an arm off her foe.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #586 on: August 27, 2014, 11:47:22 PM
The beast soldier rears back in pain growling at Tayln for taking it's arm, it makes a rather obvious swig with it's remaining Axe/Arm.

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #587 on: August 28, 2014, 12:37:13 AM
"I suppose I'll take this one here," Freyr says as he approaches one holding a spear. "If you need any help Prospero, give me a shout."

With that, Freyr rushes in swiftly towards the spear user.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #588 on: August 28, 2014, 01:06:42 AM
-The Spear wielding beast soldier turtles behind his shield and attempts to catch Freyr with a poke.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #589 on: August 28, 2014, 01:09:51 AM
Talyn easily blocked the attack and deflected it in a way that the beast soldier dug his own axe into his side, growling in pain. "Hey, Prospero, you know any Haste spells cause those would be useful right about now!" she yelled as she finished the job and moved onto a foe wielding a large broadsword.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #590 on: August 28, 2014, 01:15:21 AM
(Black Mages usually don't know Haste, White Mages do however.  Black Mages can use Slow though.)

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #591 on: August 28, 2014, 01:17:56 AM
(I'm well aware of this, I'm just asking because heat of the moment = not thinking thoroughly about the various schools of magic)

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #592 on: August 28, 2014, 01:19:11 AM
(Gotcha.  I'm tempted to have Sarah climb up the giant and try to stab his neck.)

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #593 on: August 28, 2014, 01:21:51 AM
((Go for it =P))

--The Broad Sword wielding Beast Soldier swings his sword above his head and brings it down with the intent of crushing Talyn.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #594 on: August 28, 2014, 01:24:40 AM
Talyn quickly slides beneath the foe while he's focused on his downswing and turns around, stabbing him in the shoulder blades. Howling in pain, the soldier drops his weapon, the hilt landing on his head and knocking him out. "Well that was easy," she quipped before heading over to another foe.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #595 on: August 28, 2014, 01:28:58 AM
-As Talyn finishes off another soldier she feels a surge of pain as an arrow embeds it's self deep in her left shoulder. a sword and shield wielding Beast Soldier also begins to bare down on her.

((We may want to pause for a bit to let the others catch up?))

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #596 on: August 28, 2014, 01:30:41 AM
Sarah saw the opening that Reva made and decided the best way to take care of the giant was to climb up him.

"Luna I need you distract him and cover me with healing spells." Sarah said as she raced up to him as quick as she could started to climb it.  The giant noticed her and began to try to shake her off but she kept hold of him.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #597 on: August 28, 2014, 01:43:14 AM
(Oh I was gonna stop there so the others would have a chance anyways)

"GAH!" Talyn screamed as the arrow went in. "Oh well, this is why I trained in the ways of dual wielding. If one arm goes down, I still have an equally powerful one in reserve," she said as she started to fend off the new foe's attacks. "Shame they got my dominant side though..."

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #598 on: August 28, 2014, 01:46:04 AM
(( Yeah you were kinda cleaning up shop there XD))

-Deciding to take advantage as well Reva jabs her blade right between the gap in it's grieve armor, a muffled cry form the mass of iron indicated their theory on weak points was correct and swings it's blade around in anger catching Reva with the blunt side of the sword sending her flying back and colliding back first into the nearby wall.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #599 on: August 28, 2014, 02:10:00 AM
(Hey I only took out 1 of them, the other is merely knocked out and the third I'm defending myself against right now haha)