A HOENN NEW RPM POKEMON ADVENTURE!

Pyro · 131510

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #700 on: December 16, 2013, 11:36:46 PM
Sakura dropped the Pokeball at the mention of Dr. Wily II.

"No......" Sakura breathed as tears began to flow down her face.

"This is grim news indeed." Xuangzang said darkly.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #701 on: December 16, 2013, 11:40:51 PM
Trak raised an eyebrow, then furrowed her brow as she thought hard. "Wait... wait... Wait, there was this guy here... with weird hair and some name like... Reilly?  Whitely?  Something like that?" She rubbed her head again. "It's really fuzzy... but for some reason, he had an interest in Runaway..." She stopped and looked to Merrick and Sakura. "Oh god, you don't think he took Runaway, do you?"

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #702 on: December 16, 2013, 11:42:37 PM
"I think that might be the case." Xuangzang muttered as Sakura broke down crying as she slid to the floor.

"DAMMMIT, [tornado fang]ing DAMMMIT NO!" Sakura yelled as she punched the floor over and over.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #703 on: December 16, 2013, 11:46:47 PM
Trak just stared in confusion.  Yes, she was upset that someone stole her Pokemon, but Sakura's reaction made it all the more baffling. "...what's going to happen to my Alakazam...?"

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #704 on: December 16, 2013, 11:50:26 PM
"I'm not sure...." Xuangzang muttered as he waited for Sakura to calm down or at least tire herself out in fatigue "I don't want to assume the worst, even with his....atrocities when he was in Team Rocket.  Was there anything he mentioned to you, like research or the like?"

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #705 on: December 16, 2013, 11:55:04 PM
Trak furrowed her brow again. "It's fuzzy.  My head feels like it was smashed with a brick.  But... there was something about contacting me for assistance or something... something about a project that the university was researching..."

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #706 on: December 16, 2013, 11:57:47 PM
"What kind of project?" Xuangzang pressed further.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #707 on: December 17, 2013, 12:02:10 AM
"Something about... powders?" Trak scratched her head. "Something about researching powders or something... Lumiose and Lilycove are doing something like that, for a grant.  But, why would he take Runaway?"

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #708 on: December 17, 2013, 12:08:21 AM
"Powders...." Xuangzang muttered "I have a feeling he may be connected to Team Flora, that's honestly the best idea I have given his association with Team Rocket and his disregard for Pokemon matches that ofTeam Flora.  But why he would need your Alakazam I wouldn't know, considering your Alakazam is just 1 in a billion in his point of view."

"Why....Why is he doing this?" Sakura said to herself "Why is this evil side so damn powerful?!  Why can't he escape it?!"

Offline White-Jet

• The Wandering
  • Master's Unit
  • It's tough being an avatar when you're so restless
    • View Profile
Reply #709 on: December 17, 2013, 12:21:17 AM
"My only guess is that he wants to use Runaway's hypnosis to turn any Pokemon with powder attacks into lifeless containers, unleashing their attacks without question or consideration to their own health and stamina...." Merrick mutters.

MAKE WAY FOR HAJIME'S DRAGON DELIVERY EXPRESS!!! 8D

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #710 on: December 17, 2013, 12:23:45 AM
"That doesn't make sense since he can apparently brainwash people in the first place." Xuangzang shook his head.

"I agree...." Sakura turned around and sniff with her eyes looking red "If he could do this much he would have no problem doing that without Runaway."

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #711 on: December 17, 2013, 12:26:46 AM
"He doesn't know Hypnosis, though," Trak pointed out. "Sure, he's got Psychic under his belt, but I taught him to have a type spread, be ready for just about anything.  I can see possibly using Charge Beam to zap powders into different formulations or something, but other than that..." she trailed off, shrugging. "Back in Kalos, he's been doing some lab work, but nothing real weird, and sometimes Sycamore has him do tests to see how intelligent he is.  The French-speaking tends to attract attention, other professors have shown interest in Runaway."

Offline Sapphire Knight

• Coffee-Powered
  • Master's Unit
  • Short for Sapphire Knight
    • View Profile
    • Sapph's DA
Reply #712 on: December 17, 2013, 12:36:59 AM
Sapph stretched a little and looked around. He was a little lost at the moment, and everything seemed a little quiet. "Hmm... Remy." He let out his swoobat, which promptly perched itself on a nearby bench. "I've got a bad gut feeling. Do a psychic sweep to find where the others are and take me to them." He instructed.

The swoobat nodded and closed his eyes, sending out a weak pulse of psychic energy that he used as a sort of sonar. After very little time, his eyes snapped open and he took to the air, grabbing Sapph by the collar and flying in the direction of the others, using Telekinesis to make the trainer a lot easier to carry.

(I should probably have Sapph encounter Synthis on the way to rejoining the party, yeah?)

My thread of Random Crap

Who loves Grape Soda? Sapph loves Grape Soda! Is it true? Is it true? Ohyesohyesohyes it's true-oo~ I do I do I do I do-oo~

Offline White-Jet

• The Wandering
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #713 on: December 17, 2013, 12:40:36 AM
(Possibly)

As Synthis was running around, looking for Sapph, he noticed an odd shadow passing overhead, a lot closer than the clouds drifting through the sky.  Looking up, he sees the person in question being carried through the city on the wings of his Swoobat.  Hoping they were heading for the University, he turns around and runs after them, making sure not to run into any bystanders on the way back.

Offline Sapphire Knight

• Coffee-Powered
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Sapph's DA
Reply #714 on: December 17, 2013, 12:57:26 AM
Sapph looked down to see the leafeon running after them. "Huh... Isn't that...? I think it is." He said, mostly to himself before looking up at his swoobat. "Oy, Remy, we have a passenger to pick up." He said, pointing at the leafeon.

Remy nodded and started lowering his altitude. Once they were close enough, Sapph just snatched Synthis up off the ground and Remy returned to the sky, headed to the University.

My thread of Random Crap

Who loves Grape Soda? Sapph loves Grape Soda! Is it true? Is it true? Ohyesohyesohyes it's true-oo~ I do I do I do I do-oo~

Offline White-Jet

• The Wandering
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #715 on: December 17, 2013, 01:00:51 AM
Synthis stops running after being swooped off the ground.  He could do nothing more at the moment but turn his focus back towards the University, hoping nothing bad has happened to the companions he urged into the building.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #716 on: December 17, 2013, 01:14:18 AM
Joe slowly awoke from his slumber, crumbs falling off his face since he smacked into a plate of cookies. Looking around he saw Trak, Sakura and even Merrick hurdled together, the atmosphere being rather grim.

"Ehhhh... What happened?"

Dr. Wily II grinned as Runaway followed behind him. It has been compliant so far. They finally reached another lab, filled with multiple tubes of strange glowy green liquid. Flanking the sides of the lab, were multiple Grass and Bug Pokemon, all locked up in cages. There was even a Smeargle amongst them.

Dr. Wily II motioned Runaway towards a workstation in the centre of the lab. Once there...

"Welcome to your new life, Runaway. You will be here... Using your psychic prowess to manipulate the way all the different kinds of powder works. It is true I have Psychic Pokemon of my own... But sadly, they can only manipulate so many minds... But... With the new... Mind Powder, I can easily manipulate cities... Regions... THE WHOLE WORLD!! So get to it, and don't even try to... Run away... For your Trainer's sake. MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!"

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #717 on: December 17, 2013, 01:24:49 AM
"Dr. Wily II kidnapped Runaway, brainwashed you and Trak so you can barely remember, and disappeared." Xuangzang replied. "We suspect he might have ties with Flora."

"He also seems to have given you a Diggersby that you didn't have before, not sure why though." Sakura sniffed morosely "I also knocked out a butler who tried to get in my way."

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #718 on: December 17, 2013, 01:31:16 AM

Dr. Wily II grinned as Runaway followed behind him. It has been compliant so far. They finally reached another lab, filled with multiple tubes of strange glowy green liquid. Flanking the sides of the lab, were multiple Grass and Bug Pokemon, all locked up in cages. There was even a Smeargle amongst them.

Dr. Wily II motioned Runaway towards a workstation in the centre of the lab. Once there...

"Welcome to your new life, Runaway. You will be here... Using your psychic prowess to manipulate the way all the different kinds of powder works. It is true I have Psychic Pokemon of my own... But sadly, they can only manipulate so many minds... But... With the new... Mind Powder, I can easily manipulate cities... Regions... THE WHOLE WORLD!! So get to it, and don't even try to... Run away... For your Trainer's sake. MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!"

Runaway stared at Wily for a long moment, then slowly approached his work station, still clutching his toy.  His task was unclear, but he had to comply, else Wily might do something to Trak.  Though, that could be a bluff.  The man did let Trak go, did he not?

Casting a quick glance around the room, he spied two vents along one of the walls, just above the cages.  Keeping those in mind, the Alakazam took the time to study the cages themselves, noting that they had relatively simple locking mechanisms.  The Pokemon inside seemed uneasy, and would likely riot if released.  Committing that to memory, he glanced at the door, the latch an uncomplicated deadbolt feature, much like at home and on some of the doors in Sycamore's lab.

Turning around, Runaway faced Wily again.  World takeover was such a hackneyed plan, after seeing Lysandre try and fail utterly.  Surely, this man can't be serious.  Hugging his Foongus toy close, Runaway decided to call Wily's bluff. "La domination du monde? Sérieusement? Et si je refuse de vous aider dans une telle entreprise vaine?" World domination?  Seriously?  And if I refuse to help you in such a fruitless endeavor?

"Dr. Wily II kidnapped Runaway, brainwashed you and Trak so you can barely remember, and disappeared." Xuangzang replied. "We suspect he might have ties with Flora."

"He also seems to have given you a Diggersby that you didn't have before, not sure why though." Sakura sniffed morosely "I also knocked out a butler who tried to get in my way."

"Have you ever heard of this guy before?" Trak was starting to get frantic. "What would he want with my Alakazam?  And where the hell did you get a Diggersby?"

Offline Sapphire Knight

• Coffee-Powered
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Sapph's DA
Reply #719 on: December 17, 2013, 01:44:01 AM
Abruptly, the window of the room the others were in opened up as wide as possible. "Head's up!" Sapph's voice came, being psychically transmitted to Sakura and the others by Remy, with just enough time for them to move before the swoobat flew through the window at top speed, taking a lap or two in the upper areas of the room to slow down before lightly setting Sapph down in a clear spot, Sapph in turn setting Synthis down. "So, what'd I miss?" He asked, holding his arm up for Remy to perch on.

My thread of Random Crap

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #720 on: December 17, 2013, 01:49:38 AM
"Wily's back and he [tornado fang]'d up everything." Sakura said bitterly.

"And I thought Sakura knocking out a butler was troubling enough." Xuangzang face palmed.

"Don't worry I called Roxanne and I'll explain what happened when she gets here." Sakura replied.

"The authority of a Champion scares me sometimes." Xuangzang shuddered "I'm glad you don't abuse it."

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #721 on: December 17, 2013, 01:58:18 AM
"You get that much authority?" Trak raised an eyebrow. "In Kalos, it's more of a deputized position, and then simply a title.  Like Grand Duchess.  Bragging rights is all you get." She shrugged, then sighed. "Look, I don't remember much about what happened, but I think I can take a wild guess about where we should look.  I was summoned here, we were brainwashed here, and Runaway was kidnapped here.  My guess is that somewhere on this campus is where we'll find him."

Looking through her bag, she checked her inventory again. "Runaway wouldn't just go off with someone he didn't trust, and he took his toy with him.  He must've been coerced and scared."

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #722 on: December 17, 2013, 02:03:42 AM
"I also saved the world 3 times and have the champion title from 3 regions.  Hell I once helped arrest some former Plasma members that went into hiding after [parasitic bomb] went down in Unova with an officer of the International Police.  Plus I don't punch people out without a damn good reason." Sakura explained.

Offline Sapphire Knight

• Coffee-Powered
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Sapph's DA
Reply #723 on: December 17, 2013, 02:18:04 AM
Sapph just listened to them talk. "Maybe Remy could pinpoint where Runaway is? After all, it's how he knew to come here." He said, the swoobat nodding with glowing eyes.

My thread of Random Crap

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #724 on: December 17, 2013, 02:20:28 AM
"If you can get a bead on him, go for it," Trak nodded, digging through her bag and pulling out Runaway's ball. "It should have his scent and imprint on it." She held the Quick Ball out toward Remy.