Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #675 on: December 16, 2013, 01:50:22 PM
(Hooray for Items!  8D)

Trak looked over the documents again. "Okay, this is much better!  Granted, the color sucks and it blends a bit, but at least I can read it now..."

Runaway waited as Trak scrutinized the documents, munching on a cookie.  After a long moment, he stopped, yanked the papers from Trak's hands, and pointed to a section that he believed was most pertinent.

Trak nodded and focused on that segment.  "Okay, okay... this is really hard to read, but I think I can make it out...  Um... '...the Pokemon involved herein would...' um..." she squinted and adjusted the lens, "ummm... something something 'property of' what looks like... Willy?" She glanced up. "Hey, wait a minute!"

Runaway folded his arms and glared at Wily.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #676 on: December 16, 2013, 02:18:32 PM
Dr. Wily II tsk'd.

"You are a bit too smart for your own good, Runaway... I guess... There's no point in hiding anymore. MALAMAR! HYPNOSIS!!

From behind Dr. Wily II, a shadowy figure jumped out into view, revealing to be the Malamar he called out. The lights in his abdomen began to blink in an hypnotic pattern. Joe had turned when he heard "Willy" but upon seeing the hypnotic lights, he knocked out onto the refreshments table.

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #677 on: December 16, 2013, 02:33:41 PM
Trak was immediately knocked out.  Runaway tried to resist to the best of his ability, but eventually succumbed and blacked out.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #678 on: December 16, 2013, 02:44:00 PM
Dr. Wily II walked over to the now-asleep bodies of Trak and Runaway.

"If you had just signed, none of these would have happened... Then again... Perhaps it is for the best that Runaway saw through it... To be a successor... One must have the capabilities..."

(OK, here is a point where it can branch out. To kidnap Runaway, or leave him be with an implanted suggestion?)

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #679 on: December 16, 2013, 02:56:22 PM
(Flip a coin!  Best two out of three!  Or, just go all sinister and snatch Runaway up.  Kalos Mewtwo, the most loving and friendly Mewtwo ever, might make an appearance sooner. 8D

Also, Runaway isn't a pushover by any means.  EPIC WILY VS RUNAWAY BATTLE!  One Alakazam versus whatever Pokemon Wily has on hand!  You know you want an epic battle.)

Offline White-Jet

• The Wandering
  • Master's Unit
  • It's tough being an avatar when you're so restless
    • View Profile
Reply #680 on: December 16, 2013, 03:00:44 PM
Merrick sensed something was wrong back at the room Joe was led to and immediately ran back to check it out.  Not wanting to draw attention to himself from the other side, he holds his scepter between the door and his eyes while concentrating on the other side.

"Sight...." he mutters.

The orb glows, causing an image of a banquet room of sorts appear within, showing the familiar trio passed out before a familiar figure and a Pokemon that didn't appear to be native to this region.

The Pokemon's eyes were glowing, indicating it had used some kind of psychic attack to knock them out.  Merrick didn't want to attempt barging in, knowing he might not be able to cast the proper spell to defend himself against it.

He looks towards Synthis, who was also keeping watch of the orb and the situation going on the other side, "Go find Sakura and the others.  I'll stay here and see what I can do to keep or former good friend from causing any more trouble."

Synthis seemed unsure, but nods in acceptance and runs for the University exit to do as told.  Merrick turns his attention back to the orb, seeing WilyII making his way towards the unconscious bodies.

He could easily crack the door open and cast Teleport to get them out of the room, but because it works on a trajectory when pointed, there was a small possibility he would catch WilyII and his Pokemon in the process, putting more lives in danger.  Compressing his lips, he stays in the background and waits in hope that Runaway can get out of his dazed state and do a better job of handling the oncoming threat.

MAKE WAY FOR HAJIME'S DRAGON DELIVERY EXPRESS!!! 8D

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #681 on: December 16, 2013, 03:07:50 PM
(Flip a coin!  Best two out of three!  Or, just go all sinister and snatch Runaway up.  Kalos Mewtwo, the most loving and friendly Mewtwo ever, might make an appearance sooner. 8D

Also, Runaway isn't a pushover by any means.  EPIC WILY VS RUNAWAY BATTLE!  One Alakazam versus whatever Pokemon Wily has on hand!  You know you want an epic battle.)
(You are making this difficult! XD NNNNNNNNNNGGGHHHH!!! FLIPPING COINS HEADS SNATCH TAILS ELSE)

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #682 on: December 16, 2013, 03:10:46 PM
(C'mooooonnnn heads!  You know you want a battle later... 8D)

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #683 on: December 16, 2013, 03:37:32 PM
(THREE TAILS FINE)

"But I'll let you live for now... Perhaps... You need more... Experience... Malamar, use your Hypnosis to wipe out that trainer's memory of us, and implant a memory that she is a part of the University's research team, and that the University will contact her when her help is required. As for that Alakazam, implant a mental suggestion... That if he wants what's best for her Trainer... It's imperative that he... Levels up, and that he does not tell her trainer of us. Safety for her trainer, after all..."

Malamar let out a shriek, and did what it was told. Once the deed was done, Dr. Wily II called out another of his Pokemon.

"Beheeyem. Teleport."

And with that, Dr. Wily II teleported out, leaving the trainers to wake up on their own.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #684 on: December 16, 2013, 05:58:26 PM
Soon after, Runaway was the first to shake off the effects.  He sat up, dazed, and glanced at Trak's unconscious form.  He gave her a hug, a kiss, then dug his Foongus toy out of her bag.  Giving one last look to Trak, the Alakazam teleported from the room, following his new boss and ready for work.

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #685 on: December 16, 2013, 06:15:30 PM
"God I hate long meetings!" Sakura exclaimed as she got out of the Devon Corpation.

"At least Steven is aware of the developments and will look for more information regarding this." Xuangzang noted.

"Yeah thanks god for that, I'm glad we have the entire Devon corporation on our side on this.  But will is be enough?" Sakura said as she looked down hesitantly.

"Only time will tell, but we should not worry about that now and find our friends." Xuangzang reassured her.

"Right." Sakura nodded as she saw Synthis coming at her looking nervous "Huh Synthis, is something wrong?"

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #686 on: December 16, 2013, 06:19:48 PM
Soon after, Runaway was the first to shake off the effects.  He sat up, dazed, and glanced at Trak's unconscious form.  He gave her a hug, a kiss, then dug his Foongus toy out of her bag.  Giving one last look to Trak, the Alakazam teleported from the room, following his new boss and ready for work.
Deep beneath... Rustboro University...

Dr. Wily II had returned to his personal lab, and was awaiting the arrival of his special guest. His Malamar, and Beeheyem were flanking his sides, with eyes strangely aglow. It wasn't long before a familiar face teleported in.

"Why hello there. I hope you are ready to help in my research... RUNAWAY!!"

(Don't worry, no brain probing this time. As mentioned, Runaway will be helping DWII to rewrite the powder cells to have powerful mind-control properties.)

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #687 on: December 16, 2013, 06:40:37 PM
(No brain-probing YET at least.  I know you. :P)

Runaway stood there, clutching his Foongus squeak toy.  He gave a solemn nod. "Oui."

Offline White-Jet

• The Wandering
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #688 on: December 16, 2013, 10:22:46 PM
Seeing WilyII disappear after using his Pokemon to manipulate everyone's mind, Merrick runs in to try and reverse the effects, but by the time he got the door open, Runaway had disappeared.  Fearing the worst, and feeling responsible for letting it happen despite knowing what might happen if he jumped in during the Hypnosis attack, he remorsefully skulks between Trak and Joe, looking between them with furrowed eyebrows before holding his scepter over his head.

"Esunaga!"

The orb glows as lights began raining down around Trak and Joe, easing them out of their comatose state.  He hopes the spell can also reverse the manipulation WilyII caused, but knows that hypnosis might be stronger when the victim is unconscious, and the concentration required to snap them back to their true senses may need to be stronger than what he was casting right now.

"God I hate long meetings!" Sakura exclaimed as she got out of the Devon Corpation.

"At least Steven is aware of the developments and will look for more information regarding this." Xuangzang noted.

"Yeah thanks god for that, I'm glad we have the entire Devon corporation on our side on this.  But will is be enough?" Sakura said as she looked down hesitantly.

"Only time will tell, but we should not worry about that now and find our friends." Xuangzang reassured her.

"Right." Sakura nodded as she saw Synthis coming at her looking nervous "Huh Synthis, is something wrong?"

Synthis started meowing as he points to the University, insinuating that something was happening to Trak and Joe.  Despite knowing the powers of Hypnosis and how careful WilyII might be, he trusts that Sakura would at least see through what he had done and figure out a way to snap them out of whatever mindset he manipulated them into believing.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #689 on: December 16, 2013, 10:25:41 PM
"Something happened at the University?" Sakura said as she begun to run there.

"I don't like this..." Xuangzang muttered.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #690 on: December 16, 2013, 10:27:22 PM
Back at the University, Trak sat up in a daze, rubbing her head. "Uggghhh... what happened?" She looked around, seeing Joe unconscious and Merrick standing there... and no Runaway. "What's going on?  Where's Runaway?" She looked in her bag, making sure his Poke Ball wasn't taken.  The Ball was still there, but the Alakazam's toy was gone.

Offline White-Jet

• The Wandering
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #691 on: December 16, 2013, 10:29:56 PM
Synthis watched Sakura and Xuangzang rush towards the University before running off to find Sapph, hoping he wasn't too late in tracking down their friends.

Merrick compresses his lips before turning to face Trak, "I don't mean to ask...seeing as I just go here, but do you remember anything that happened before you passed out?"

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #692 on: December 16, 2013, 10:37:14 PM
"Not really," Trak shrugged. "Something about helping with some project, but it's not very clear... I think I was supposed to meet my sponsor.  Did Runaway wander off?"

Offline White-Jet

• The Wandering
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #693 on: December 16, 2013, 10:42:42 PM
Merrick compressed his lips, thinking that if he kept pushing the matter, she would eventually acknowledge and accept the manipulation WilyII willed onto her.

"Yeah...I think so...." he mutters.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #694 on: December 16, 2013, 10:46:40 PM
Sakura unceremoniously busted into the room, with a older gentlemen knocked out on the other side.

"Ah [tornado fang]ing butler tried to deny me access despite the fact I'm the champion and Birch's daughter!" Sakura ranted as she spotted Joe passed out on the refreshment table "The hell was there a party or a scuffle?"

"Mr. Merrick do you mind telling us what happened, I didn't like the fact that we were stopped by a human butler." Xuangzang stated.

(Because Sakura doesn't take any bullshit when her friends are in trouble?)

Offline White-Jet

• The Wandering
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #695 on: December 16, 2013, 11:15:10 PM
Merrick compresses his lips some more, unsure of whether he should tell them what he saw, or continue playing into WilyII's scheme until he finds the time and means to converse with the card on his back for ways to reverse the Hypnosis effect.

"I don't know how to say this that won't make the situation anymore confusing than it already is...." he mutters, "But I think you and Joe may have been brainwashed by someone acting as your sponsor...."

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #696 on: December 16, 2013, 11:18:17 PM
"Brainwashing?" Sakura thought to herself as she tried to look for anything that can help Merrick prove his point.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #697 on: December 16, 2013, 11:20:40 PM
Trak stared at Merrick, confused.  She looked in her bag again, checking to see if anything else was missing. "He took his toy.  Runaway took his toy with him.  If he wanders off, he doesn't take his toy, and Kalos is too far away for him to teleport." She stopped searching her bag and looked to Merrick and Sakura. "His Ball's still here, no one took it.  Did he go off with someone?"

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #698 on: December 16, 2013, 11:24:52 PM
"I don't like the sound of that." Sakura muttered as she wandered to Joe who had 6 Pokeballs on his belt, when she knew he only had 5 before he came in here.

"Hey Joe didn't have a Diggersby with him before he got to Rustboro right?" Sakura asked as she picked up the Pokeball in question.

"He didn't." Xuangzang confirmed.

"What the hell is going on?!" Sakura asked as she yelled in anguish.

Offline White-Jet

• The Wandering
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #699 on: December 16, 2013, 11:32:34 PM
"I didn't get a whole lot from the Sight spell," Merrick said, "In fact, there's a possibility I could have also been affected by the brainwash.  But in either case, I feel that the person responsible may be the former good Dr. Wily II."