A HOENN NEW RPM POKEMON ADVENTURE!

Pyro · 135241

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #2050 on: February 14, 2014, 02:39:03 AM
(But we were in Verdanturf, it would take a few days to get to Route 113, especially since it's slightly mountainous.)

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #2051 on: February 14, 2014, 02:40:55 AM
(He biked. 8D)

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #2052 on: February 14, 2014, 02:48:07 AM
(... Do we really have to go through this again? Joe had plot device to get him there, ok? 8U)

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #2053 on: February 14, 2014, 02:49:20 AM
(So is it okay if we fly there?)

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #2054 on: February 14, 2014, 02:56:08 AM
(You have Flyers, go ahead. Either way, what I wanted to do is done. You'll find Zoroarks's hair bead on the ground, but no sign of them. Plus, since they will be in that Secret Base, it won't appear unless you have seen it before. Go forth towards Fallarbor, I'll finish up with Joe later.)

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #2055 on: February 14, 2014, 03:02:34 AM
Sakura gets out a Pokeball and stares at it.

"What are you contemplating?" Xuangzang asked.

".....I can't let my fears hold me back any longer." Sakura said as she released Starscream.

"You're going to fly to Fallarbor town?" Xuangzang asked.

"Yes, I don't want to slow down anymore." Sakura sighed "Even with Wily's capabilities I doubt he has something like....that anymore so I have nothing to fear."

"Very well." Xuangzang nodded.

Sakura got on Starscream and look to Trak.

"Do you have anything that can Fly?" She asked.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #2056 on: February 14, 2014, 03:07:38 AM
Trak pulled out a Poke Ball and released her Charizard.  "Meet St. Elmo.  Many have felt St. Elmo's fire." She took out another Ball and recalled Runaway, and then climbed onto St. Elmo's back, who gave a low purr.

(Twoey was already recalled before Trak left, and Runaway gets recalled for flights.)

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #2057 on: February 14, 2014, 03:15:24 AM
"Alight let's go to Fallarbor." Sakura nodded as Starscream took flight.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #2058 on: February 14, 2014, 03:40:28 AM
St. Elmo gave a few flaps before taking flight.

Offline White-Jet

• The Wandering
  • Master's Unit
  • It's tough being an avatar when you're so restless
    • View Profile
Reply #2059 on: February 14, 2014, 04:05:37 AM
It seems everyone has gone on to other places, Death muses. You're not going to follow them?

"I'd rather not leave Jeff here overnight," Merrick mutters, "You know how he behaves when he gets this dazed...."

So you'd rather let your card buddy unwittingly continue to be the old man's lackey than leave the well being of an over-dramatic Magician to his more observant Pokemon?

"Considering how late it currently is, I don't think it would be a good idea to let Apprentice and Pixie handle Jeff's recovery, especially with how some people easily overreact at the mere sight of a Pokemon dragging a half-dazed human around."

You have retained the ability to use Teleport.  Why not use it to transport you and the Drama Queen to wherever everyone else is going?

Merrick wanted to object, not wanting to waste anymore magical energy on such a willy-nilly spell, but considering he didn't want to freak out any passing trainers that would only see him talking to his back, and Jeff wouldn't get any better just laying within a cloud of pollination, he reluctantly sighs in defeat.

"Fine....  I just hope the town they're heading too isn't any worse than here...."

He sticks the ratty book back in his magical duffel bag and heads over to Jeff and his Pokemon, who had recently returned in time to know about Death's sudden "attachment" to his back, "Hold onto me and give me a hint on where everyone else is going.  I'll try and teleport to the Pokemon Center there so Jeff can recover quicker."

Apprentice nods as he clamps his paws around Merrick's hand while Pixie wraps her proboscis around his wrist.  Once everything had been gathered, Merrick clutches the back of Jeff's robe and raises his scepter into the air.

"Teleport!"

A large, vertical beam flies down and engulfs them before shrinking out of existence.

MAKE WAY FOR HAJIME'S DRAGON DELIVERY EXPRESS!!! 8D

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #2060 on: February 14, 2014, 04:07:54 AM
In the hollowed tree Secret Base...

Joe started to slowly awake. He had no idea how long it has been... He doesn't even recall being knocked out in the first place. Looking around, he saw Zoroark beside him on his right, knocked out. Looking to his left, he saw a young boy, wearing a straw hat, with a net laying on top of him. Joe squinted to see if the boy was alive... And barely managed to make out some spasms, and twitches. It wasn't looking good for Joe, as he saw the familiar pale yellow figure on the other side of wherever he was, its back facing Joe.

Joe tried to squirm towards Zoroark, but his bindings prevented much of his movements. Wait. Bindings too? His attempts only alerted the pale yellow figure, who turned around, and stared at Joe with its bloodshot eyes.

"Good morning Joe~ YOU'RE AWAKE!!"

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #2061 on: February 14, 2014, 04:16:37 AM
Taylor remembered the layout perfectly. Heading to the back of the cafe she entered the base within and went straight to the elevator. "Hmm... what floor might it be on..." she wondered. "I'll start with the bottommost floor!" she decided, pressing the button as the elevator descended.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #2062 on: February 14, 2014, 02:45:21 PM
Joe just stared at the pale yellow figure, the smirk-scar... It was all too familiar as the memories flooded back.

"... You... It was you 10 years ago!"

"Oh-hohoho~ My little Joey remembered me~ WELL I REMEMBERED YOU ALL TOO WELL!!"

"Why? Why after all these years?"

"Oh-hohoho~ I never forget those that escape from me~ The last time that happened, was with a little girl named Lostelle... BUT SHE MOVED AWAY AND I HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO TRACK HER SINCE!! But you~ You were the only other one~ Your dreams~ I WILL HAVE THEM FOR SUPPER!! I have to thank someone... Someone that allowed me to find you again~ You might know him... DR. WILY II!!

It was at this moment that Zoroark started to stir awake. "... Wily..."

"... But... HOW!?"

"You see~ Ever since you escaped my grasp all those years ago... The scar you left me... IT NEVER HEALED!! I couldn't find little kiddies anymore~ I WAS SO HUNGRY!! Berries could only do so much~ THEN HE CAME!! WITH OTHERS!! I FED!! And then he caught me~ And like most said~ IT'S ALL HISTORY!!

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #2063 on: February 15, 2014, 04:24:32 AM
Trak and Sakura arrived in Fallarbor Town, after a very quick stop on Route 113, where they found Zoroark's hair bead, but no sign of the Pokemon or Joe.  A brief investigation found no obvious signs of a struggle, but they could have missed something.  Had Runaway been in a better state of mind, he could have helped look for any clues. 

Trak recalled St. Elmo, and then released Runaway. "I just don't get it.  People don't up and disappear like this.  And that hair bead doesn't come off easily."

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #2064 on: February 15, 2014, 04:43:17 AM
"Yeah I don't like it either." Sakura sighed "Dammit Joe why are you so unlucky?"

"He's like a male version of you, only you're usually in the right place at the right time when he's at the wrong place at the wrong time." Xuangzang stated "Not to mention you have more common sense."

"Well he's only 16 or something and grew up in Kanto, while I traveled around the world and learned a lot of things." Sakura added. "But enough about that we need to find that dumb ass."

"Perhaps Shiva can help?" Xuangzang asked.

"I don't know, she's not trained in this sort of thing like Runaway is but we don't have too many options since there's so much ash around and I don't want any of my smell tracker Pokemon breathing this stuff." Sakura said as she released Shiva.

"Jynx!" Shiva cried.

"Trak you have any advice about how this thing works, I don't do a lot of Psychic tracking." Sakura asked.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #2065 on: February 15, 2014, 04:53:54 AM
"Well," Trak handed the bead to Sakura, "what Runaway usually does is read a psychic imprint.  It's hard to explain, but if someone handles an object, they leave behind a trace.  Skin fragments, prints, and a psychic residue.  Runaway can read that residue and determine what it came from.  He can't say exactly what happened, but he can tell you who might be involved."

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #2066 on: February 15, 2014, 05:00:16 AM
"Okay let's try that." Sakura nodded as Shiva began the Psychic reading.

"Jyyyyynnnnnnxxxxxxx!" Shiva hummed as she tried to get some sort of reading.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #2067 on: February 15, 2014, 05:52:45 AM
Joe struggled against his bindings as the Hypno approached him.

"You won't have your way, Hypno!"

"Hypno? Nonono~ I'M HYPNOKER!!

As Hyponker raised his pendulum, Zoroark opened his mouth to let loose a Dark Pulse. The attack hit Hypnoker, causing him to fling his pendulum. In a frenzy, Hypnoker went to search for his misplaced pendulum. With the bought time, Zoroark used Night Slash on himself, freeing himself from the bindings. He immediately leapt to Joe, and used Night Slash again. Free again, Joe rushed over to the young boy. The young boy was visibly dazed, but alive. Standing, Joe faced Hypnoker, who was still trying franatically to find his pendulum. Zoroark on the other hand, noticed that his head bead was missing, but decided to keep his mane open for now.

"It all ends today Hypnoker! I'm no longer the young boy!"

"And I'm here to assist him."

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #2068 on: February 15, 2014, 06:05:27 AM
Trak watched the Jynx concentrate.  Runaway, however, was casting furtive glances to the edge of town.  He didn't touch the bead, as Trak kept it out of reach, mainly for his own well-being.  The Alakazam didn't need any more stress added to an already-stressed-out brain.

Offline White-Jet

• The Wandering
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #2069 on: February 15, 2014, 06:25:34 AM
Upon showing up in one of the empty rooms of Fallarbor Town, Apprentice's ears suddenly flap as he snaps his head towards the exit of the room.  Without giving Merrick or Synthis time to recover from the teleport, he lets go and bolts from the room, heading in the direction of the psychic energy that caught his attention.

"Hold on, Apprentice, I haven't checked in yet!" Merrick tries to exclaim, but the Braixen and clinging Beautifly were already out of sight by the time he dropped Jeff onto the nearby lower bunk.

Ah, the sweet sense of concern.... Death muses, My program is just itching to see what's got that Pokemon's normally stoic attention....

Merrick stares at his back, once again raring to object for the sole sake of Jeff, but worries that Apprentice might upset a lot of the citizens who might not have seen a foreign Pokemon before.  Muffling another reluctant sigh, he looks towards Synthis.

"Keep an eye on Jeff," he mutters, "If he wakes up and tries to leave, find some way to keep him down."

Synthis cocks his head to one side in hesitation as the young priest heads out after Apprentice to see where he was heading and why he was so eager to get to the concerning location.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #2070 on: February 15, 2014, 10:24:46 AM
(No need to worry about upsetting the citizens... They are all Mind-Powder zombies. 8D)

Hypnoker snarled as he turned to face Joe and Zoroark, his pendulum found.

"TWERP!! I HAVE NOT NASTY PLOT'D ALL THESE YEARS JUST TO LOSE YOU AGAIN!! You will be mine~"

Hypnoker raised his pendulum, as he murmured under his breath. Suddenly his bloodshot eyes widened completely, as a huge blobby Focus Blast shot out from the pendulum. Zoroark tsk'd as he recalled a similar attack when they were on Route 113. Not caught off-guard this time, Zoroark grabbed Joe, and dodged the incoming attack. He then countered with another Dark Pulse from his mouth. Hypnoker's smirk-scar seemed to enlarge as he took the attack head-on. As the smoke cleared from the attack connecting, Hypnoker remained standing.

"Ehehehehehe~ Such fruitless Struggling~ I'M MORE THAN ANY HYPNO CAN EVER BE!! I'M IMMUNE TO PAIN THANKS TO THE MIND POWDER!!"

"... Mind Powder? Don't tell me Wily managed to perfect it!?"

"EHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE!! NOT ONLY THAT!! It seemed to have a different effect on me, I have never felt so free~ SO POWERFUL!!"

Hypnoker placed his free hand on his face, and peeked through with his bloodshot eyes, tilting his head back. He raised his pendulum again, which started to take on a very shiny sheen.

"I have a bad feeling about this..."

"Dazzling~ GLEAM!!"

Offline White-Jet

• The Wandering
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #2071 on: February 15, 2014, 11:35:29 AM
(He don no dat...yet.... 8D)

As Merrick followed Apprentice outside, he heard another amuse sigh from within his "shared" conscious.

And what's an even better sensation than that of complete mental silence....

Merrick stops partway out of the center, about to ask when he suddenly bumps into something light enough to fall before his meek strength.  Stumbling back and looking down, he sees a slightly younger adolescent laying flat on his back, staring straight at the sky.  He then notices other citizens standing around, staring at whatever direction they were standing in, all glazed and nearly pupil-less.

"This isn't because of one of those jars of powders the doctor's been hoarding...?" he mutters nervously as he grabs the top corner of the red cape he still had draped around his shoulders and pulling it over his nose and mouth.

I can just bask in this nothingness all day.... Death sighs, Thinking of all the energies I could change with a single word....

Merrick flinches as he slams his arms behind his back where Death clung to.

"Can't you think about anything BUT ending something!?" he almost exclaims.

Be careful how you phrase that, Death muses again, One of those 'things' could trigger the negativity of my Tarot Energy.  And you know very well what'll happen if it occurs while within sensual range of a competently active being....

Merrick tightly compresses his lips within the visibly obscure fabric of the large cape before reluctantly continuing after Apprentice, keeping to himself the possibilities of what was making the entire town so stiff and mindless.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #2072 on: February 15, 2014, 05:25:43 PM
Standing outside the Pokemon Center, Runaway threw another furtive glance to the outskirts of town.  He seemed on edge, as there was something decidedly... wrong.

Trak picked up on her Alakazam's unease. "Hey..." she shushed Shiva's humming with one hand and pointed upward with the other.  There was no traffic, no idle conversation of pedestrians... "Do you hear that?"

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #2073 on: February 15, 2014, 05:33:37 PM
Sakura listened and she frowned.

"Yeah I don't hear a damn thing, that's not good." Sakura said seriously.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #2074 on: February 15, 2014, 05:39:10 PM
Stepping backward to get a look around the corner, Trak saw a couple standing on the sidewalk, staring blankly at the crossing light.  Some ways down the road, another person was walking their Pokemon... only they weren't walking.  They were just standing there, their eyes focused on some distant horizon.

Runaway sniffed the air, looking around.  He took hold of Trak's coat and sidled next to her. "Je n'aime pas cette ..." I don't like this...