Protoman Blues · 52208

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #175 on: January 26, 2013, 02:55:02 PM
Multiple heroes for a team/co-op game would be all kinds of awesome.

In fact, while we're throwing ideas out there, I'll just come right out and say that anyone who has Midna navigating for them, is automatically who I'm playing as. :V
Because Midna. [tornado fang]ing. Rocks.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #176 on: January 26, 2013, 05:53:07 PM
I think you're gonna have to wait till Bitchslap for Playable Midna. XD

However, Nintendo does need to make a Super RPG Bros one day

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #177 on: January 27, 2013, 08:12:46 AM
I learned a valuable lesson today: BUNNIES DO NOT GET ALONG WITH PIKMIN!

Yeah, with news of the WiiU VC incoming, I decided it was finally time to do the Wii-to-WiiU transfer.  Got the "$400 screen of death" in the middle of it.

Did some searching, read that non-movable save files might be the culprit.  Not willing to sacrifice my progress for the sake of my purchase history, I began the painstaking task of eliminating my "normally console locked" saves one at a time.

The offending save data was Rabbids Go Home.  Restored my Wii from a BootMii backup, deleted ONLY the Rabbids Go Home data, and the rest transferred safely.

Thank you, Team Twiizers!

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #178 on: January 27, 2013, 04:23:35 PM
Wait, please clarrify this for me if you will. Are you saying the Wii transfer BRICKED your Wii? Obviously you had a modified firmware, and thus were able to recover, but did it seriously brick it?

The fact that you have to have a modified console in order to not rick perminantly destorying your Wii and seemingly losing all the data and purchase history on it is... welll honestly just [tornado fang]ing ridiculous. Nintendo really dropped that ball. Seriously, what the [tornado fang].

Once again, modding your Wii outweighs any reason not to.

TWITCH   ➧ TWITTER   ➧ DISCORD   ➧ MY GAMES

Knockout Mondays
Experimental day: Fighting game engine project Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

WIP Wednesdays
Hamster Drop Gold Edition Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

Weekend Game Hangout
Marc, Amber, & Friends (Saturday Evening EST)

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #179 on: January 28, 2013, 01:44:45 AM
No brick; the transfer doesn't delete stuff on the Wii end until it's fully copied to the SD card.  I got to put that theory to the test MANY times.  The problem is if the file that's fouling up the transfer is non-movable in the system menu (ie: save data to ANY game that connects online for any reason; thank you, scoreboard fanatics).  Then you're stuck deleting stuff at random, that you cannot normally recover, trying to find the issue, or else you just give up.

That alone is bullshit.  But, if an error should for any reason strike AFTER your data is on the SD card, while it's being read by the WiiU, then you are SOL.  The Wii is out of the equation once the data is written to the SD card, so the system's data is deleted then, without ever verifying that the WiiU read it successfully.

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #180 on: April 24, 2013, 02:36:07 AM
Enjoy. 8D

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GSt9n_UPa8[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQjziVtvUXY[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCatQfr5dKA[/youtube]

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #181 on: April 26, 2013, 05:20:50 AM
Wii U Spring update just dropped.

Loading Netflix took very little time.

The Virtual Console hits with its "amazing selection" tomorrow.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #182 on: April 26, 2013, 05:24:10 AM
Oh yeah, we haven't discussed the Nintendo not doing a big E3 conference thingy this year.

I have no real issue with it since I love Nintendo Direct.

That is all! XD

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #183 on: April 26, 2013, 05:27:28 AM
Well, they're doing some stuff at E3. A boring investor meeting and a small showcase for games.

Well now we can laugh at Microsoft and Sony's next meetings as they're sure to be Meme-ridden.

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #184 on: April 26, 2013, 05:43:01 AM
Nintendo not having a conference? That's new to me. (Then again I only started paying attention to E3 like a couple years ago.)

Personally I'm more excited for what Valve doesn't have to say at E3.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #185 on: May 01, 2013, 12:44:23 AM
Oh yeah, we haven't discussed the Nintendo not doing a big E3 conference thingy this year.

I have no real issue with it since I love Nintendo Direct.

That is all! XD
Ditto.

I mean, seriously, didn't E3 2012 ween us off of Nintendo's press conferences already?  'cuz that one was CLEARLY not directed at us, we were all WTF, and then Nintendo Direct came along and blew our socks off.

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #186 on: May 01, 2013, 02:38:22 AM
I'm really wondering if Nintendo is just forfeiting the showroom floor because the PS4 and the Xbox3 are coming to E3. The WiiU is tanking, and they know they can't stand toe to toe with these new consoles.

Either that or they checked their vault, saw an empty room, and decided it was best to go a cheaper route and not show.

Thinking that Nintendo Direct is going to replace their showing at conventions is foolhardy. Of course Nintendo fans lap up Nintendo direct, but they're not reaching or impressing anyone outside that sphere. What they need right now is exposure outside the league of Nintendo die hards, who already have a WiiU and 3DS, and concentrate on trying to win over the vast majority who let the WiiU rot on the shelves. It will be a tremendous uphill battle, given what the WiiU is and in the face of the new consoles, but they have to try something. Burying their head in the sand isn't going to work.

They need a strong showing at E3, with games, games, games. Give people a reason to buy a WiiU and a 3DS. Give them something to look forward to. All they have now is exclusive games to help them survive this generation. They need to hit this hard, and now.

Knockout Mondays

WIP Wednesdays

Weekend Game Hangout

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #187 on: May 01, 2013, 04:00:45 AM
Well, the 3DS is doing fine right now. It's the Wii U that really needs to step up.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #188 on: May 01, 2013, 04:23:21 AM
Pretty much this. The 3DS is on fire.

The Wii U on the other hand, I've been using it as a Netflix box for most of its lifetime.

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #189 on: May 01, 2013, 04:29:42 AM
I do understand that the Wii U is having a slow coming right now, but I can't compare the release of the Wii U with the release of the Wii because of how ground breaking the Wii was back then.  Honestly I don't expect any of the new consoles to have great starts because it's getting harder and harder to make new innovations with the state we're in and the economy.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #190 on: May 01, 2013, 04:30:22 AM
Thinking that Nintendo Direct is going to replace their showing at conventions is foolhardy. Of course Nintendo fans lap up Nintendo direct, but they're not reaching or impressing anyone outside that sphere. What they need right now is exposure outside the league of Nintendo die hards, who already have a WiiU and 3DS, and concentrate on trying to win over the vast majority who let the WiiU rot on the shelves. It will be a tremendous uphill battle, given what the WiiU is and in the face of the new consoles, but they have to try something. Burying their head in the sand isn't going to work.

They need a strong showing at E3, with games, games, games. Give people a reason to buy a WiiU and a 3DS. Give them something to look forward to. All they have now is exclusive games to help them survive this generation. They need to hit this hard, and now.

A big E3 showing isn't going to impress the non-Nintendo crowd any more or less than a Nintendo Direct showing either. Gamers are information sluts and want it as fast and hard as possible. Waiting for E3 for a big presentation when they can just put out info every month or so makes little sense anymore. Why do you think Sony unleashed all that info for the PS4 already? Why do you think Microsoft is about to hold a conference for the next X-Box before E3? Because it makes no sense to wait anymore, especially when it comes to the cost. Like you said, Nintendo needs to show games. They can do that easier and quicker with Nintendo Direct than at E3.

Sony & Microsoft are going to follow the Nintendo Direct formula.

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #191 on: May 01, 2013, 07:30:46 PM
Nintendo fans watch Nintendo Direct. The best way to reach everyone is by attending something everyone looks at.

I don't think Nintendo Direct is a bad idea, especially being a Nintendo fan, but it only serves them to a point. Right now they need to convince everyone that the WiiU is worth buying. Focusing on the group that has the highest concentration of WiiU sales already is not going to do much good.

Knockout Mondays

WIP Wednesdays

Weekend Game Hangout

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #192 on: May 01, 2013, 07:50:11 PM
Everyone looks at Nintendo Direct, or at least the information released in it. Same with E3. The information is more important than the presentation.

What's the difference between announcing Smash Bros. Bitchslap at E3 or via Nintendo Direct? All people really care about is the release date and character info.

Offline Kieran

• He's just a
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #193 on: May 01, 2013, 11:44:11 PM
He seems to be under the dubious impression that those clueless parents, grandparents, and twelve year olds who only have a Wii because of Wii Sports and whatnot--and people who don't own consoles at all--somehow would know what E3 is, when E3's usual audience is no different from the people who would know how to find information from Nintendo Direct.

The Other Side
http://www.crowdedstreet.net
irc.esper.net #theotherside

Commander Shepard: *stares blankly at a video of scantily clad asari dancers* ...What kind of hotel is this?
Liara T'Soni: It is a luxury resort with an... exotic edge.  Azure is slang for a part of the asari body in some places on Illium.
Shepard: Where?
Liara: The lower reaches, near the bottom.
Shepard: I meant, "where on the asari body?"
Liara: So did I.

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #194 on: May 02, 2013, 11:41:02 PM
I think you are overstating the effectiveness of Nintendo Direct. But feel free to be at a disagreement with me on that.

Also, parents and grandparents are only going to be reached by television ads. Aside from the gamer youth who now may be parents of course.

Knockout Mondays

WIP Wednesdays

Weekend Game Hangout

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #195 on: May 04, 2013, 04:31:10 AM
I think you are overstating the effectiveness of Nintendo Direct. But feel free to be at a disagreement with me on that.
Nintendo Direct is covered/copied by internet news sites the same as E3 is.  E3 is just the bigger spectacle.  I don't necessarily know that that translates to effectiveness in marketing, especially when the reality is that PS4/NextBox WILL be garnering the majority of the hype regardless of whether their launch plans are any more solid than WiiU's were or not.  And there will still be Nintendo E3 news/demos, just not the big press conference.

Nintendo's biggest issue is less the consumer and more their business associates.  You know, investors, third party developers, those kinds of people.  WiiU is following the same trend 3DS did: "It's [parasitic bomb] until Nintendo singlehandedly builds the game library enough to attract a decent userbase, then the third parties who weren't up to the task wonder why nobody forsakes Nintendo's stuff for theirs on Nintendo platforms."  It WILL be an uphill battle, for sure.  But the 3DS is winning it, and the WiiU (eventually) can too.  The funny thing is, WiiU has games out there, but they're not getting attention, probably in no small part because they basically all lack any announced release dates.

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #196 on: May 04, 2013, 11:21:23 PM
This same argument was being given a generation ago

Case in point, I'm not worried in the least about Nintendo. Wii U or no Wii U, they're still doing better financially than either company. What happens at E3 won't change that.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #197 on: May 17, 2013, 10:35:41 PM
Meet New Super Luigi U's 2nd Player.

I feel I should mention that this is somehow getting a Retail release as well as a Digital one.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #198 on: May 17, 2013, 11:51:28 PM
That kinda reminds me of the enemies from Klonoa

this one is actually cute though

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #199 on: May 18, 2013, 12:03:09 AM
Nabbit isn't even a real 2nd player in the normal sense.

Completely invincible.

Of course, the Blue/Yellow Turds are back for the ride as well. I thought this was going to be a 1 player only thing?

Oh, the boxart for NSLU is pretty cool though, and the box is green as [tornado fang] as well.