Rockman X7 PC Save Editor

Soultrigger · 11709

Offline Soultrigger

• Resistance Member
  • Weapon Get!
    • View Profile
on: June 24, 2011, 11:45:29 AM
I present to you...

the Rockman X7 Save Editor! Programmed and designed by yours truly. :)

Why this game and not X8? Obviously, because X7 is THE best X game! /sarcasm
Actually, me NOT wanting to replay the game (5 times in a row) but also wanting a perfect file at the same time prompted me to make one.
Also, my main incentive was to learn how to make my very own .exe file as well as learning how to hex edit. This was just the by-product.

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?spjpt8gpfbqeaer

More screens:

In order to make use of it though, you obviously need to be able to play the PC version of Rockman X7...somehow. All you need to know about the program is included in the readme text. Although I've somewhat tested it, I cannot promise that it's completely perfect. If you run into any issues, let me know! I enjoy feedback.  :)

Oh yea, I know this is completely unrelated, but if anyone wants a "perfect" X8 PC file, here's mine (or close to perfect if it doesn't fit your standards):
http://www.mediafire.com/?9u9wyq36wf0l9jf

Bad Box Art Snake Man Joins the Battle!

Archer

Reply #1 on: June 24, 2011, 01:45:59 PM
Actually, me NOT wanting to replay the game (5 times in a row) but also wanting a perfect file at the same time prompted me to make one.

I really don't understand what satisfaction you would get from a hacked file.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: June 24, 2011, 02:06:15 PM
I really don't understand what satisfaction you would get from a hacked file.

I  think the satisfaction comes from not having to play MMX7 properly.

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: June 24, 2011, 07:22:34 PM
I'd still like to know how to get the PC version to even run. All I ever got was a gibberish error message, followed by the program closing.

Does this program allow you to have X unlocked from the very beginning?

TWITCH   ➧ TWITTER   ➧ DISCORD   ➧ MY GAMES

Knockout Mondays
Experimental day: Fighting game engine project Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

WIP Wednesdays
Hamster Drop Gold Edition Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

Weekend Game Hangout
Marc, Amber, & Friends (Saturday Evening EST)

Offline Soultrigger

• Resistance Member
  • Weapon Get!
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: June 24, 2011, 11:42:23 PM
I  think the satisfaction comes from not having to play MMX7 properly.

Haha, true. I mean, I've already played the PS2 version and somewhat perfected it. The thing is that getting a "perfect" file got really annoying starting with X5 since only 1 person could get the Life Up/Weapon Up. And in X7, this is made more annoying from the fact that Reploids easily die and bosses forcing you to replay the entire game if say you want a file where only X has all the Life Ups/Weapon Ups.

Another incentive is to see how much weird stuff can occur when you have illegitimate files via hacking. Like having Alia tell you about Palace Road when you still haven't even beat the 8 Mavericks, causing the stage select to glitch up.

I'd still like to know how to get the PC version to even run. All I ever got was a gibberish error message, followed by the program closing.

The same occurs for me actually. Try waiting a good 10 seconds before pressing OK from the message. I find that it helps me boot up the game if I wait.

If you mean the Highway stage, sadly, no. This is a save editor, so it's only limited to what the game reads from save data. If you mean have X AFTER the Highway stage, then yes. You would just theoretically create a new game + with no Glide Armor parts or Power Ups.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #5 on: June 24, 2011, 11:56:58 PM
New Game Plus is truly underappreciated... -AC

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #6 on: June 25, 2011, 12:07:38 AM
The thing is that getting a "perfect" file got really annoying starting with X5 since only 1 person could get the Life Up/Weapon Up.

This is why I just decide to divide the amount of Life Up and Weapon Up between both X and Zero, so that they both have the same amount of the upgrades. >U<

And of course selecting the right abilities after beating the bosses.
And make sure to beat the bosses as late as possible. (the in-game timer thingy) ^^;

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #7 on: June 25, 2011, 12:25:03 AM
Oh yes, repeated suicide being a necessary step in a "perfect" run in X5...

Expanding the power-ups was a great idea, but the execution could not possibly have been more wrong.  One more reason I like X6 and Xtreme2.  X5 is perhaps the game that most badly needs to be save-hacked/have New Game Plus.  The availability of the items (and even the Gaea Armor) is simply shot to hell.  Whose bright idea it was to even tie Power-Up Parts to Life/Energy Ups is a good question on its own, but WHY IN GOD'S NAME would you tie Zero's parts to Weapon Energy?!

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: June 25, 2011, 02:45:05 AM
The same occurs for me actually. Try waiting a good 10 seconds before pressing OK from the message. I find that it helps me boot up the game if I wait.

If you mean the Highway stage, sadly, no. This is a save editor, so it's only limited to what the game reads from save data. If you mean have X AFTER the Highway stage, then yes. You would just theoretically create a new game + with no Glide Armor parts or Power Ups.

Ah thanks, I'll give that a shot.

And yeah, I meant post highway but before any bosses were down. I know saves cant fix X not being in the intro. Oh how I wish that were the case though.

TWITCH   ➧ TWITTER   ➧ DISCORD   ➧ MY GAMES

Knockout Mondays
Experimental day: Fighting game engine project Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

WIP Wednesdays
Hamster Drop Gold Edition Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

Weekend Game Hangout
Marc, Amber, & Friends (Saturday Evening EST)

Offline Soultrigger

• Resistance Member
  • Weapon Get!
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: June 25, 2011, 07:20:58 AM
Whose bright idea it was to even tie Power-Up Parts to Life/Energy Ups is a good question on its own, but WHY IN GOD'S NAME would you tie Zero's parts to Weapon Energy?!

LOL Come to think of it, Perfect Zero files were often weird to make because of this. Especially since Black Zero gives you most/all of those abilities, on top of certain <3 being unavailable to Zero unless you get Weapon Parts, but you end up sacrificing Life Parts anyways.

X5 is perhaps the game that most badly needs to be save-hacked/have New Game Plus.

The worst offense is the MMH rank. Having every stage use the SAME time intervals for points was THE dumbest idea. If you wanted X and Zero to both be MMH, you were pretty much forced to get Hyper Dash and Jumper, as well as play a very specific path (that also made use of stupid suicides to waste hours.)