MM Art Request thread.

Acid · 222460

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #250 on: May 11, 2009, 01:51:17 AM
@ that first Cloudman scan: PWNT!

@ Springman: Ikehara managed to make him look badass! :o

I did find some scanlations of MM7, apparently towards the very end, but I've forgotten who scanlated and posted them. It's basically Wily playing a VR game that casts him as the hero. If anyone wants to see them, I can upload them to Photobucket.

Offline Rodrigo Shin

• Not a Zero series
  • Resistance Member
    • View Profile
    • Ácido Cinza
Reply #251 on: May 11, 2009, 03:35:40 AM
I know that the request has already been technically fulfilled, but I've been meaning to unload these small scans of Ikehara's MM7 manga for the longest while now. As some of you know, the spectacular trainwreck known to mankind as "New Adventures of Mega Man" had it's "sister magazine" that was basically your average run of the mill "lol anime spoilers" magazine. I bought just two issues of it, both dealing with Mega Man. The first, contained the announcement of the comic; and the second, these bits of Ikehara's manga.

The story? Well, they said here that they bought the rights to the franchise and started doing work on their little catastrophe, but that then suddenly the licenser sent them the originals for the MM7 manga. In the end, they said it was a better idea to invest on NAdMM (Protip: it's not). So we could've gotten Ikehara's manga, but instead... well, you know. Oh yeah, they also had a great line in the article, telling the readers that if "their Mega" (the comic) didn't satisfy their "mangatic hunger", they could import from a manga store that had a partnership with the magazine the original ones for "good complimentary food". At the time itself I already thought "I'll lay odds this is actually BETTER food", but I digress.

Sorry for the crappy quality. Dunno why my scanner is being so crappy lately. It didn't have a problem when scanning NAdMM proper. I know some were repeated as well, but I just wanted to put all the images from the article up at that.

The reason for retcon is to cancel out contradictions
a retcon is a last resort to erase a contradiction
Guys, please let me know when did Gwen Stacy getting retroactively impregnated with Goblin Twins solve any contradiction whatsoever and didn't create a whole set of new ones. TTFN

--

Whenever it comes to "consensus" and things alike, always remember Tony Bullet-Tooth's sage advice:
"You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity."

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #252 on: May 11, 2009, 08:23:38 AM
It's basically Wily playing a VR game that casts him as the hero.
And that's where I got my idea for my Wily Man armour... XD

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #253 on: May 12, 2009, 02:05:40 AM
Here's this advert for Megaman ZX that I just found:

Now I have to wonder what the ads for ZXA and Star Force looked like.

Offline Rock Miyabi

• THE ORIGINAL Jammin' Ninja
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
    • Miyabi on dA
Reply #254 on: May 22, 2009, 04:27:55 AM
I forget who requested this and when. It might have been Shinichameleon. And I don't remember which Robot Master said requester wanted. All I know is it was a character who was not in Rockman and Forte Vol. 1. But I didn't have Vol. 2. Until today. (Along with Megamix 2 and 3 and 4Koma Vol. 1  8))

Sad thing is, other than Tenguman, none of the remaining bosses get hardly any pagetime in this book. Most of it is just King, Rock and Forte. So I just scanned a couple to cover all the remaining RMs and an extra page or two in there. Included in RnF V2 is an extra chapter called "Burning Shot" that has a nice Rock vs. Forte battle and Ballade in there. Sample 3 (the 4th thumb with helmetless Forte) is the end of that extra chapter. There's also a few 4Komas at the end as well:

Previously was K.G. Inafunbags, Captain Heady, Damon Gant, and the guy who liked the blue bomber solely for the reason that he was blue.

Offline Shinichameleon / Nayim

• A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #255 on: May 23, 2009, 02:43:01 PM
I forget who requested this and when. It might have been Shinichameleon. And I don't remember which Robot Master said requester wanted. All I know is it was a character who was not in Rockman and Forte Vol. 1. But I didn't have Vol. 2. Until today. (Along with Megamix 2 and 3 and 4Koma Vol. 1  8))

Sad thing is, other than Tenguman, none of the remaining bosses get hardly any pagetime in this book. Most of it is just King, Rock and Forte. So I just scanned a couple to cover all the remaining RMs and an extra page or two in there. Included in RnF V2 is an extra chapter called "Burning Shot" that has a nice Rock vs. Forte battle and Ballade in there. Sample 3 (the 4th thumb with helmetless Forte) is the end of that extra chapter. There's also a few 4Komas at the end as well:

Yes, i am who one wanted this, thank you 8) :cookie:.

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #256 on: May 23, 2009, 05:26:10 PM
Thanks for the scans. :) Something about the way Bass's hair and face are drawn reminds me of Devilman.

Since we're on the subject of MMnB, I request the endgame Protoman VS. King fight (if it's in there).

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #257 on: May 23, 2009, 08:19:25 PM
Does anyone have a large resolution image of the ZXA Tunes cover?
This one

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #258 on: May 23, 2009, 08:21:16 PM
I have that picture in better quality, but it's not much bigger.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #259 on: May 24, 2009, 12:19:10 AM
mmm... can I see it anyway?

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #260 on: May 24, 2009, 02:35:33 AM

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #261 on: May 24, 2009, 02:37:40 AM
Thank you. ^_^

Offline Rock Miyabi

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
    • Miyabi on dA
Reply #262 on: May 24, 2009, 09:25:20 PM
Can you crop yourself? If so, enjoy better resolution owob (obligatory first use of new emotes for me):

And @ Gonzo, I will scan more of that tomorrow. Blues shows up, but I wouldn't call what he does a fight against King. Forte gets first dibs on him, Rock is forced to go next, and Blues makes his appearance as support right before astronaut-suit Light, Roll, Auto, etc. do the same.

Posted on: May 24, 2009, 06:05:58 AM
Hello, tomorrow. Here is what I promised. It's all of Blues' appearance except for one measly panel in which the rest on those pages weren't all that scanworthy:

Previously was K.G. Inafunbags, Captain Heady, Damon Gant, and the guy who liked the blue bomber solely for the reason that he was blue.

Offline Rick

• Je ne sais pas?
  • Net Navi
    • View Profile
    • Debug Modes & Unused Stuff
Reply #263 on: May 24, 2009, 09:38:57 PM
If someone's got time to kill and has things involving General Phantom or Ice Man, toss 'em up here for me, please?

I role-play as the two of them, which is the reason behind me choosing them.

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #264 on: May 24, 2009, 09:49:38 PM
Thanks, Mr. Miyabi.  8) (Was Bass carrying that tank the whole time he was in King's fortress?)

@Rick: Rockman Tanjou has the RMZ manga, which contains Phantom; Rock Miyabi scanned the MM1 manga a whiles back, Iceman included.

Offline Rock Miyabi

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
    • Miyabi on dA
Reply #265 on: May 25, 2009, 05:53:12 AM
That particular tank? Don't believe so. I don't remember the tanks in the first volume, but Forte is holding it on the cover of this one. After the Tengu fight to start off the book, Astro Man emerges from stealth hologram land and carries Rock back to safety on land. I assume Rush is the one to take him back Light's Lab for repairs, since he's in Jet form and sniffing/barking at the ghosty Astro hands. Anyhow, back at the lab Forte is seen drinking a tank and there is a pile of them. He fuses with Gospel to fly to fight at King's place and a tank is tied to his back. Evil puppy drinks some of it too, but it gets knocked away versus Dynamo. The Light crew crashes the party in their rocket and at least 4 more new tanks roll out of it with them. It looks like Roll, Light and Auto use 3 to help power up Rock. After King is hit with the final blow, Blues hands Forte what I assume is that 4th new tank and on the final page Gospel leaves with it in his mouth.

Digging through waaaay too many Imageshack pages to find the RM1 manga uploads:

But otherwise, any particular Phantom or Ice Man image you're looking for? Or should I say what do you have and don't want posted? Since Lord knows how long it'll be 'til I draw your kiriban, I can at least provide pics of them quick and easy.  XD

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #266 on: May 25, 2009, 06:56:45 AM
what exactly happened to Rock there in that R&F scan? (when Protoman jumps in front of him and onwards)

Offline Rock Miyabi

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
    • Miyabi on dA
Reply #267 on: May 25, 2009, 07:21:16 AM
Again, this is me just trying to decipher from what I see since I can't translate: A few pages earlier Rock charged his buster to the max. They show an extra glow on the power bar on his buster. Light is watching on his monitor in the lab and is all gasping and stuff with Roll and Auto. The next two page spread shows a blast to King's head at the top, but at the bottom he's emerging from some rubble with...no damage to his head. I'm confused with how this was drawn.

But the main point is that charged shot took all of Rock's power, so for the next four pages he has no eyes drawn in to signify he's out of power and frozen in his busting pose. Knowing that's his chance to kill Rock, King rushes towards him (and Forte can't do a thing since he's already had his arm chopped off and mostly powerless). But Blues blocks King's Axe with his shield. King goes Super Saiyan and shoots Blues. Then Light's giant rocket crashes into King's fortress and the crew gets out of the ship. [Insert previous description to Gonzo about the tanks here] Rock awakens with more power, lands one final charge shot to King's chest. King isn't dead, and Light goes to check on him.

Offline Gotham Ranger

• Magic Everywhere In This Bitch
  • Master's Unit
  • Ooo, shiny~
    • View Profile
Reply #268 on: May 25, 2009, 07:56:54 AM
I'm looking for pictures of any and all armors from the Megamissions cards.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #269 on: May 25, 2009, 07:57:59 AM
So... they rode in on an ICBM missile? wow.
also, doesnt MMN have those?

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #270 on: May 25, 2009, 08:57:37 AM
Again, this is me just trying to decipher from what I see since I can't translate: A few pages earlier Rock charged his buster to the max. They show an extra glow on the power bar on his buster. Light is watching on his monitor in the lab and is all gasping and stuff with Roll and Auto. The next two page spread shows a blast to King's head at the top, but at the bottom he's emerging from some rubble with...no damage to his head. I'm confused with how this was drawn.

But the main point is that charged shot took all of Rock's power, so for the next four pages he has no eyes drawn in to signify he's out of power and frozen in his busting pose. Knowing that's his chance to kill Rock, King rushes towards him (and Forte can't do a thing since he's already had his arm chopped off and mostly powerless). But Blues blocks King's Axe with his shield. King goes Super Saiyan and shoots Blues. Then Light's giant rocket crashes into King's fortress and the crew gets out of the ship. [Insert previous description to Gonzo about the tanks here] Rock awakens with more power, lands one final charge shot to King's chest. King isn't dead, and Light goes to check on him.
Well, from the pages, yep, you got the translation right. :3

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline Gotham Ranger

• Master's Unit
  • Ooo, shiny~
    • View Profile
Reply #271 on: May 25, 2009, 10:56:50 AM
also, doesnt MMN have those?
If you meant me, no. I checked.

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #272 on: May 25, 2009, 11:06:34 PM
Does anyone happen to have the concept art of the generic cyan hunter in Irregular Hunter X? I know there's one, but it appears cut-off.

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Rock Miyabi

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
    • Miyabi on dA
Reply #273 on: May 26, 2009, 05:32:21 AM
I'm looking for pictures of any and all armors from the Megamissions cards.
I dunno if these are the best quality, but hopefully it covers some of what you were looking for. I don't remember if these were the ones TMMN had in their gallery pre-hosting switch or not, but they're rather old from my folder archive:

Does anyone happen to have the concept art of the generic cyan hunter in Irregular Hunter X? I know there's one, but it appears cut-off.
CUT OFF!?! WHADDYA MEAN CUT OFF?! Oh, yeah, my scan was, wasn't it? -u-' So sue me for not breaking the spine.

Dokuganryu's isn't, though: http://www.dokuganryu.com/scans/rockman20th/273.jpg

So... they rode in on an ICBM missile? wow.

I'll scan in the missle for the LOL and a couple more tomorrow. Glad I got the gist of it right at least. But I can show you what I mean about being confused with King's head getting blow up on the top panel and then being unscathed below.

Offline Gotham Ranger

• Master's Unit
  • Ooo, shiny~
    • View Profile
Reply #274 on: May 26, 2009, 05:35:32 AM
I may as well request any images anyone can find of the Mega Missions series

Rock Miyabi: Holy crap! Talk about Ninja'd! I was just making this post as you posted.. Thank you very much, sir!