Sonic Unleashed

Phi · 210716

Poll

Which version of Unleashed will you buy?

PS3
3 (9.7%)
12 (38.7%)
Wii
12 (38.7%)
PS2
4 (12.9%)

Total Members Voted: 31

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #675 on: February 02, 2009, 09:06:41 PM
wasnt he like a chihuaua?

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Legendary

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #676 on: February 03, 2009, 10:51:09 PM
Still on Egg Beetle, though I haven't played in weeks. =P

Offline Kieran

• He's just a
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #677 on: February 04, 2009, 05:26:06 AM
Meh.  I'm still stuck in Adabat or whatever the [tornado fang] it's called, trying to get enough [tornado fang]ing medals to unlock the stage I need to finish to unlock the Egg Lancer boss stage.  I haven't played it since ...uh...

...When was the game released, again?

The Other Side
http://www.crowdedstreet.net
irc.esper.net #theotherside

Commander Shepard: *stares blankly at a video of scantily clad asari dancers* ...What kind of hotel is this?
Liara T'Soni: It is a luxury resort with an... exotic edge.  Azure is slang for a part of the asari body in some places on Illium.
Shepard: Where?
Liara: The lower reaches, near the bottom.
Shepard: I meant, "where on the asari body?"
Liara: So did I.

Offline Ramzal

• B-Class Hunter
  • Don't sweat the technique.
    • View Profile
Reply #678 on: February 04, 2009, 07:44:53 PM
I downloaded the demo of Unleashed awhile ago and I gave it a try. While the camera followed well enough, the controls where pure hell. >_> Trying to collect rings is a task in itself and said task is one that I found little patience to take and just let whatever rings were infront of me hit me. The speed is pretty fast but sometimes it can get a little silly to the point that I had to die about six times and crash into the classic robotnic exploding box several times before I could get what I was doing. Chip says nothing in the demo--which I am greatfull for, because the very sight of him makes me wish I could attack him.

The jumps where commands need to be put in is okay but I feel as if they should give you less time than is there to make a challenge out of getting to the secret areas. And lastly, my ears bled from Sonic's constant battle cries. The first three hundred times is acceptable, but the next five after that is just...annoying. I had hopes that Unleashed would be much better and I maybe jumping the gun due to only playing the demo but, it looks as if it deserved the mediocre scores it received from game mags. Oh, but I will give it one thing. The stage design in gold. I did enjoy the visuals and the rail grinding.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #679 on: February 05, 2009, 01:23:30 AM
Meh.  I'm still stuck in Adabat or whatever the [tornado fang] it's called, trying to get enough [tornado fang]ing medals to unlock the stage I need to finish to unlock the Egg Lancer boss stage.  I haven't played it since ...uh...

...When was the game released, again?
Chip says nothing in the demo--which I am greatfull for, because the very sight of him makes me wish I could attack him.

[/quote]
the closest you can get is feeding him bad foods. feed him chili dogs and he actually gets pretty upset at sonic.
he gives me his angry mugshot and says "Sonic, you like these right? Its a bit too spicy for me."
once you unlock the Eggmanland Hub world, you can buy food from there, which is all terrible, and tastes terrible. if you give it to Chip, he makes disgusted faces. its satisfying.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #680 on: February 10, 2009, 07:34:02 AM

Also, yesterday i had a conversation with myself. concerning the whole deal with Dark/Light Gaia duking it out every few eons then going back under and repeating a few eons later. I was like, hmmm... so whos gonna help Chip out  for that one? Sonic would most likely be dead.
hey, it could be shadow. he doesnt age, so hell be there. he aint going nowhere... OH GOD SHADOW UNLEASHED.
found the pic. XD

Offline Klavier Gavin

• RPM Soldier
  • Einspruch!
    • View Profile
Reply #681 on: February 10, 2009, 07:48:43 AM
found the pic. XD

I like the Amy one better. >>

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #682 on: February 10, 2009, 01:13:53 PM
lol. yeah.

Offline Waifu

• Ultimate Despair
  • Master's Unit
  • Kanako, the Moriya Shrine Goddess
    • View Profile
Reply #683 on: February 10, 2009, 07:58:35 PM
found the pic. XD

Shadow Unleashed, I don't know if the world is ready for that.

Offline Sky Child

• urine jokes
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #684 on: February 10, 2009, 08:00:46 PM
found the pic. XD

His chest hair looks like... something else.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #685 on: February 10, 2009, 09:56:51 PM
Shadow Unleashed, I don't know if the world is ready for that.
definetly not.

Offline STM

• says you shouldn't play with your
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Reply #686 on: February 11, 2009, 08:51:04 AM
Famitsu reviews in:

-Wii/PS2 version - 8/8/8/9 - 33/40 (apparently... need confirmation)
-360/PS3 version - 9/9/9/8 - 35/40

Now, you'll see reports of 8/8/8/9 - 33/40. That is from Famitsu 360, the one that mostly handles 360 titles. The one above is official Famitsu one.

Well... look at that. Bet you some part of the internet just broke out the flamethrowers.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #687 on: February 11, 2009, 09:14:06 AM
LoL, awesome!

Offline VirusChris

• Virakin of the Darkness Arcana
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I'm the guy people hate
    • View Profile
Reply #688 on: February 11, 2009, 01:09:05 PM
Damn... they love that game!

"Spirit-Soul Fusion! Invoke... VIRUS CROSS!!!" ~ Quote from my Virakins global project
JP PSN: UirusuKurisu
Official Husband of Fox Caster from Fate/Extra <3

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #689 on: February 11, 2009, 05:21:17 PM
Famitsu reviews in:

-Wii/PS2 version - 8/8/8/9 - 33/40 (apparently... need confirmation)
-360/PS3 version - 9/9/9/8 - 35/40

Now, you'll see reports of 8/8/8/9 - 33/40. That is from Famitsu 360, the one that mostly handles 360 titles. The one above is official Famitsu one.

Well... look at that. Bet you some part of the internet just broke out the flamethrowers.

GAF swears that SEGA paid them off to get those scores. XD

Personally, I just think that the Japanese gaming community is more in tune with games still. It's not the first time I've said or noticed it.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #690 on: February 11, 2009, 05:42:58 PM
GAF hates Unleashed, of course the'd say that.

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #691 on: February 11, 2009, 06:21:41 PM
if it got a perfect 40, that's something to rage about. 35 is fine.

but i've come to learn that numbers don't mean jack. what the reviewers actually have to say is far more important. in many a case, the numbers can be very misleading. Game Informer, for example, can nitpick the [parasitic bomb] out of a game, and still give it an 8.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline STM

• Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Reply #692 on: February 11, 2009, 07:46:24 PM
Oh, certainly. The numbers are just an arbitrary rating, though from my understanding, something garnering a 32 or up on Famitsu is worth its salt. However, I'd be more interested in reading a translation on what the reviewers say. Anyone have a scan handy for the resident moonrune decoders?

Offline Setsuna F. Seiei

• Neo Arcadian
  • 俺が, ガンダムだ!
    • View Profile
Reply #693 on: February 12, 2009, 01:11:51 AM
for the most part with Famitsu, 35 and under is pretty much not worth it as a game. 36-40 are the ones that are worth the attention.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #694 on: February 12, 2009, 02:10:52 AM
no ratings really matter, since it all boils down to what YOU think of the game. thats all that really matters. unless you want to see other reviews for the sake of seeing others opinions and complaints.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #695 on: February 12, 2009, 02:15:33 AM
for the most part with Famitsu, 35 and under is pretty much not worth it as a game. 36-40 are the ones that are worth the attention.

You mean any game that receives a grade under 9 or 90 is not worth it? You have some extremely high standards.

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #696 on: February 12, 2009, 02:22:30 AM
You mean any game that receives a grade under 9 or 90 is not worth it? You have some extremely high standards.

compare it to most other reviewers who rarely ever give a score below 6. the game's got to be REALLY bad to get that low. like Ninjabread Man bad.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline STM

• Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Reply #697 on: March 12, 2009, 04:16:05 PM
Ooooh yeah, the time has come. After applying a new patch to the game on Xbox Live (not sure on PSN,) which fixes some issues with the game (wrong numbers shown on the mission select, levels with bad lag like Adabat Day Act 1 and Empire City Hub getting fixed to look a bit better, and the "lost" area of Adabat Night now getting a static water texture to show where the water level is,) downloadable content has come to Sonic Unleashed.

The first pack, now available on Live and PSN, is titled the Chun-nan Adventure Pack and adds four days stages and two night stages to the game's roster. These stages are smaller ones and add things like a hard mode of the levels along with some other things (I can't give good descriptions since I've not played them yet; they're currently downloading.) However, I am told that the werehog level now explores the "lost" area of Chun-nan Night. This area was used in the game in two missions, but now it's used as an alternate goal ring location. This means the other "unused" areas may soon lose that status and be explorable without walk through walls glitching.

The file size is about 500MB, so these are definitely new stages and not keys to data on the disc.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #698 on: March 12, 2009, 04:34:05 PM
New stages!  Ooooh, I want!

Offline STM

• Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Reply #699 on: March 12, 2009, 04:43:11 PM
Let me just say, my god Chun-nan Night Act 1-2 was fun as hell. The level goes on a little longer than I expected and the goal ring now overlooks the arena where you fight Dark Gaia Phoenix. I look forward to what other goodies these DLC maps will be packing. I imagine there's going to be a set for each continent.