Sonic Unleashed

Phi · 210702

Poll

Which version of Unleashed will you buy?

PS3
3 (9.7%)
12 (38.7%)
Wii
12 (38.7%)
PS2
4 (12.9%)

Total Members Voted: 31

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #600 on: January 07, 2009, 04:50:20 AM
Which one was world five again?
Ghost house.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #601 on: January 08, 2009, 07:33:07 PM
I don't want to read this whole thread.  Which page has pictures of Ghost Girl?

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Sub Tank

• Neo Arcadian
  • PHOTOBUCKET EXPIRED
    • View Profile
Reply #602 on: January 08, 2009, 07:44:31 PM
mmm ghost girl

Offline Waifu

• Ultimate Despair
  • Master's Unit
  • Kanako, the Moriya Shrine Goddess
    • View Profile
Reply #603 on: January 08, 2009, 07:45:07 PM
That girl looks so much like you, Vix!

Offline VixyNyan

• RPM Ecchi Princess
    • View Profile
Reply #604 on: January 08, 2009, 07:48:32 PM
omg you should see her personality in the Werewolf movie. We're so alike, it's crazy. owo

(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #605 on: January 08, 2009, 08:04:14 PM
mmm ghost girl

You're going to draw her, I hope!

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #606 on: January 08, 2009, 08:10:27 PM

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #607 on: January 09, 2009, 05:07:44 AM
i don't like the sun and moon medals. it makes you backtrack when you don't want to. having to get new abilities to progress, that i understand. but these medals aren't fun at all.

and the Werehog could use a lock on feature.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #608 on: January 09, 2009, 02:48:41 PM
I take it you've lost your mind? Good riddance.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
Reply #609 on: January 09, 2009, 07:22:38 PM
what do you mean? am i missing something here?

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline VixyNyan

• RPM Ecchi Princess
    • View Profile
Reply #610 on: January 09, 2009, 07:23:45 PM
I take it you've lost your mind? Good riddance.

I missed the post that was here. A staff member already got rid of it.

(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
Reply #611 on: January 09, 2009, 07:29:01 PM
ah. so i did miss something.

Offline Thanatos-Zero

• RPM Irregular
    • View Profile
Reply #612 on: January 09, 2009, 08:37:38 PM
http://www.tssznews.com/2009/01/05/the-blog-sega-doesnt-want-you-to-read/

That is really awful! Sega has gone way to far with the poor Sonic Team. One thing is sure, if Sonic goes down, then Sega shall follow into it´s doom. Hopefully a new reasonable company claim the right´s of Sonic and everything of it, in order to bring it back to it´s former glory.
Than all those high tier idiots of Sega will see their mistakes and will regret it! :V
Hehe... Sonic may die, but he lives as long as we want it.

Offline STM

• says you shouldn't play with your
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Reply #613 on: January 10, 2009, 09:32:58 AM
So... Sonic Unleashed has now been glitched by a talented team of crack monkeys. Using a certain move with the Werehog, you can go through walls (or floors... this one usually causes death) and effectively skip huge sections of the Werehog's levels. However, in usual 3D Sonic game spirit... this isn't enough to make the find interesting outside of speedrunners. So, let's find a reason to make people WANT to do this. I present to you... "beta" levels.

Adabat - Jungle Joyride Night - Jungle Fright Mission

In this instance, part of the normal level is used as a mini level. However, it's sealed off by an "impassable" door. Going beyond this area reveals a slightly different waterfall swinging sequence, leading to the "last" room of the normal level, with the usual puzzle. Solving that though reveals a new room with water raising platforming in the style of Lost World in SA1. I imagine this room was blocked off due to difficulty with raising the water graphics. You can see there's no water visible, but you certainly hear it. Reaching the end will bring you to the original goal ring of the level in a rather incredibly designed room. Will it be seen again as a standalone mission through DLC? I sure hope so.

(Note: going there in the normal level will still let you into the room, but none of the objects are there, making it a proverbial dead end.)

Shamar - Arid Sands Night - Act 1
This one isn't so hard to enter initially. It's actually exploring most of the area that's hard. As you can see, this area (which was featured in the Shamar debut trailer and was seemingly fully finished) was removed. Perhaps it could be because the level was effectively doubled in size because of it? We've already seen how many people complained about how slow the Werehog was. Others think that we're going through it backwards and it could just be another mission to come in the future. The level is pretty much there. All it'd take is some object placement cues. Do note that there's still more left to be explored but a way to get to those areas hasn't been found... yet.

My thoughts? Comparing the sheer enemy count and the addition of a buzzsaw where, in the final of the area, there's just a random grabbable ledge, I have a feeling we may see this yet as a "Hard Mode" for the level. Some of those fights do not happen at all in the level, like the one near the fountain. That room is empty.

And finally, though not as interesting:

Mazuri - Savanna Citadel Night - Final Exam mission
Pretty much, it's an alternate puzzle. Yep. It even has its own working goal ring. Perhaps it was originally going to be used but was removed in favor of something more action oriented or it'll be quietly snuck back in as a mini mission later on.

Needless to say, people are finding lots of interesting leftovers in the game. Could it be a sign of things to come or just Sonic Team's usual laziness of not removing things? We shall see soon enough. Do remember the 360 and PS3 versions are listed as Content Download owning. My guess is we're going to have to wait for Japan to get the game on shelves before we even see if any DLC will appear.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #614 on: January 10, 2009, 09:24:32 PM
hmmm... in b4 they discover playable supersonic data.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline STM

• Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Reply #615 on: January 11, 2009, 04:31:43 AM
Well, as far as the PS2/Wii version's concerned, that's already been found. Super Sonic has a model for every model Sonic has. As far as actually cracking the 360 version, the most we've gotten is Clay Castle.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #616 on: January 11, 2009, 04:48:17 AM
why would they think of putting Supersonic in the lastgen verions? I mean, if the other one dont have it, and theyre remaking it...

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline STM

• Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Reply #617 on: January 11, 2009, 05:55:15 AM
At this point, Super Sonic's just becoming a giant cocktease. Even then, the whole point of him, playability wise, has already been given to Sonic with the Sonic Boost: an "invincible" state that goes stupidly fast but relies heavily on rings. At the same time, this also gets rid of the old charge up Spin Dash, which hasn't been very useful in 3D aside from spamming it (SA1) or using it in key places then immediately canceling it (SA2) to gain speed.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #618 on: January 11, 2009, 06:42:21 PM
it wouldnt work in unleashed anyway, since the emeralds were drained.
alTHOUGH, SA1.
which begs the question of why Sonic was so surprised with the emeralds non shininess to begin with, when the same thing happened to them when Chaos used them.

Offline STM

• Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Reply #619 on: January 11, 2009, 11:13:09 PM
Well, the fact it was one of Eggman's machines and not some super-natural being that caused their energy to be sapped would be pretty surprising. Otherwise, Sonic would just be all, "...Oh. Again? Alright, time to call in the other characters and give a friendship speech."

Also, it seems there's a large part of unused level in Chun-nan Night as well. It's the section to the left of the waterfall in the Goal room. You briefly explore a piece of this area in a mission given by the chinese doctor. At one point, though, you can see across a moderate sized lake that there's even more to the level.

That's three different werehog levels that have much more to them than we've been led to see. To me, it's becoming more apparent than ever that some of the DLC missions may extend these three levels as a sort of Hard Mode.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #620 on: January 12, 2009, 12:13:38 AM
or their simply unused.

Offline STM

• Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Reply #621 on: January 12, 2009, 12:53:28 AM
Not likely. But then again, people do [sonic slicer] about the werehog being too slow. But on a third turnover, we now get people bitching Sonic's too fast, so really... [tornado fang] people.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #622 on: January 12, 2009, 01:01:13 AM
I have to agree. I mean, the werehog IS slow, especially when compared to the day stages, and in the next gen versions its felt moreso since the ratio of night to day favors the daytime levels, but to [sonic slicer] about Sonic being too fast? his name is SONIC. he supposed to be fast, plus when hes not fast, we get people who [sonic slicer] about that, like they do with the werehog.
honestly...

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
Reply #623 on: January 12, 2009, 01:01:57 AM
[tornado fang] people.

you get a respect cookie.

reviewers were commenting on the orchestrated soundtrack. so far, that description was very misleading to me. going into the game, i guessed that the soundtrack would be much like that of the title screen, which is blatantly riding off of Mario Galaxy.

but the soundtrack itself is actually very varied. and if there's one thing Sonic games do right, it's music. only complaint i have is the song that plays during a Werehog fight. it's not all that great a song, and it really doesn't need to replace the stage music. i hear it way too much. i'm probably not even a third of the way done with the game, and i'm sick of that song.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #624 on: January 12, 2009, 01:12:33 AM
but the soundtrack itself is actually very varied. and if there's one thing Sonic games do right, it's music. only complaint i have is the song that plays during a Werehog fight. it's not all that great a song, and it really doesn't need to replace the stage music. i hear it way too much. i'm probably not even a third of the way done with the game, and i'm sick of that song.

Yeah, that was really my only complaint too.  I mean, the Night Time music for the stages is REALLY good, but I rarely got to hear to due to the constant Fight Music interruption.