Sonic Unleashed

Phi · 208257

Poll

Which version of Unleashed will you buy?

PS3
3 (9.7%)
12 (38.7%)
Wii
12 (38.7%)
PS2
4 (12.9%)

Total Members Voted: 31

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #425 on: December 21, 2008, 03:46:56 AM
LONG LIVE THE SOAP SHOES !! *shot down*

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Nexus

• is one random son of a
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • No one ever said all Reploids were smart.
    • View Profile
Reply #426 on: December 21, 2008, 06:16:22 AM
I don't know why, but I like the SOAP shoes better for some reason. Many may recognize Sonic with his classic shoes more, but unlike the rest of you I feel that the classic ones are more generic. That, and I love Sonic Adventure 2 (Battle) enough to overlook it, perhaps. No matter what, though, even if there are fan's cries of outrage and horror, the big game companies are always gonna try and "zazz it up," usually failing in the process.  X(

On another note, can someone tell me how many other games/genres did the old "Sonic Team" go into, compared to the newer "Sonic Team"? If the newer Sonic Team has done far more 'side projects', I guess one could say the influences left on them from their other projects rounded back onto the Sonic series. Of course, this could just be a random rant about stupid things I don't even understand.  -u-'

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #427 on: December 21, 2008, 06:31:20 AM
a friend showed me the final parts of Unleashed. one phase of the final boss fights didn't look fun at all. it looked like a slower version of the first fight with Mundus.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #428 on: December 22, 2008, 12:12:59 AM
On another note, can someone tell me how many other games/genres did the old "Sonic Team" go into, compared to the newer "Sonic Team"? If the newer Sonic Team has done far more 'side projects', I guess one could say the influences left on them from their other projects rounded back onto the Sonic series. Of course, this could just be a random rant about stupid things I don't even understand.  -u-'

All you need is right here. It's actually a good read as it stands as a testament to how far the once godly Sonic Team has fallen.

Offline Waifu

• Ultimate Despair
  • Master's Unit
  • Kanako, the Moriya Shrine Goddess
    • View Profile
Reply #429 on: December 23, 2008, 03:15:25 AM
NOW that explains a lot of things!  :o

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #430 on: December 23, 2008, 03:55:55 AM
Randomly, does anyone know if there has been a full music rip of the 360/PS3 version of this game? I need Empire City Day on my playlist like now. XD

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #431 on: December 23, 2008, 06:24:31 AM
Apotos FTW.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline kuja killer

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #432 on: December 29, 2008, 07:17:28 AM
I tried it out for the first time on Friday afternoon after getting my 360 for christmas.
Well first of all i had very very LOW expectations about this game cause I had been talking about it with one of my friends for over a month nonstop, and well i felt bad about it because of all the reviews i've read online, hearing Xplay's review on G4 (on TV), and so on that this game was really bad. Which made me feel bad too ..that I should avoid it and not get it.

I do not own this game yet, but I did decide to download the 1 level demo trial on friday morning/afternoon to give it a shot.

And i must say that it did not actually feel too bad really! This is my very first time ever trying a 3-D sonic game. Since i've only been playing genesis, game gear, and GBA sonics, but never any other type.

Well the camera did get a little annoying sometimes like when i would stop and turn around to go collect some rings, or look at my surrounding, and then when i turn back to continue playing, the camera continues to point in the wrong direction so i can't see where the heck im going. But that's really the only complaint I had.

I did get 2 game overs before I finally beat the level. Cause i soemtimes would constantly fall off in bottomless cliff pits from not being able to jump off enemies to get across easily.

So i think my confidence went back up a little about this game. :) It didn't seem "horrible" based on everything i've heard about it so far. I was hoping to try a boss battle against eggman or something, but then when the level finished "thank you for playing the demo" :(

Is this level in the real game too ??
Well i still do not know if i will actually want to buy this game yet.

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #433 on: December 29, 2008, 07:25:28 AM
~post~

It's just the first level.

No, the rest of the game is not that fun.

Offline Nexus

• is one random son of a
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • No one ever said all Reploids were smart.
    • View Profile
Reply #434 on: December 29, 2008, 07:26:32 AM
Ya gotta try games yourself to really make an opinion, because the reviews aren't YOUR views. That, and to hell with X-Play, as they bash anything remotely related to any "big" anime series (Naruto, DBZ, Yu-Gi-Oh!, etc.), and all I can really gather from them anymore is that all games must be on the level of GTAIV, or else they suck. They have fallen greatly...  :chant:

And to the demo, to the best of my knowledge that's the very first level of the game, Apotos Act 1, that was in the demo. One thing to note is that in the portion you played, you're not meant to wander around, just blaze foward as one seriously fast blue blur. Wandering around comes in with the hub world (where all the levels are linked together and such), and in the Werehog nighttime stages. In the Werehog stages, you get to smash everything into oblivion, focusing more on platforming and combat instead of speed and reflexes.

Otherwise, I don't know much else having only played the demo myself. This game does seem awesome though, and quite afew people on this board seem to like it, so I plan to try and rent it sometime!  :)

Offline STM

• says you shouldn't play with your
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Reply #435 on: December 29, 2008, 08:24:14 AM
It's just the first level.

No, the rest of the game is not that fun.
I beg to differ. I found the whole thing pretty enjoyable. Levels were pretty fun all the way through and the werehog has plenty of little shortcuts to take that really speed up the flow of the levels. It's all based on the skill of the player.

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #436 on: December 29, 2008, 02:30:11 PM
When has any 3D Sonic game had a zone or stage that was better or as fun as the first?

Sonic Adventure - Emerald Coast > _____
Sonic Adventure 2 - City Escape > _____
Sonic Heroes - Seaside Hill > _____
ShTH - Westopolis > _____
Sonic06 - Wave Ocean > _____ (though it was mostly on-rails, really)
SatSR - Sand Oasis > _____

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #437 on: December 29, 2008, 05:09:01 PM
When has any 3D Sonic game had a zone or stage that was better or as fun as the first?
You, my friend, just opened one hell of a pandora's box:

Sonic Adventure - Emerald Coast
< or = Windy Valley or Speed Highway
Sonic Adventure 2 - City Escape
< or =  Metal Harbor or Cannon's Core, < Final Rush
Sonic Heroes - Seaside Hill
< or = Rail Canyon, Bullet Station, or Final Fortress
As a side-note, no I didn't think much of Heroes, it's just that the first stage of it didn't really jump out at me as much as other games.
ShTH - Westopolis
< Last Way
I could probably think up more if the 10 replays being necessary to clear the game didn't utterly destroy my interest in replaying anything BUT Last Story afterwards.
Sonic06 - Wave Ocean
Didn't play it, so you got me on that one.
SatSR - Sand Oasis
< or = Evil Foundry or Pirate Storm

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline STM

• says you shouldn't play with your
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Reply #438 on: December 29, 2008, 07:09:09 PM
I'm not going to even touch that one since it's such a grossly misinformed statement. But hey, if you only like playing the first levels, don't let me stop you.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #439 on: December 30, 2008, 12:05:13 AM
Sonic Adventure - Emerald Coast > _____
Haven't played
Sonic Adventure 2 - City Escape > _____
Haven't played
Sonic Heroes - Seaside Hill > _____
Seaside Hill< Ocean Palace or Mystic mansion.
I hated Bullet station and Rail Canyon, as there were too many rails to fall off of, or just not land on when you went through a ranbow ring. 
ShTH - Westopolis > _____
whoa, no. definetly not Westopolis. < The Ark.
Sonic06 - Wave Ocean > _____ (though it was mostly on-rails, really)
SatSR - Sand Oasis > _____
havnt played these two, so no opinion.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #440 on: December 30, 2008, 12:10:46 AM
Haven't played

Haven't played

havnt played these two, so no opinion.
D:

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
Reply #441 on: December 30, 2008, 12:42:25 AM
I'm not going to even touch that one since it's such a grossly misinformed statement. But hey, if you only like playing the first levels, don't let me stop you.

i'm with this one.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #442 on: December 30, 2008, 12:44:26 AM
-post-

There are people around that haven't played SA1 & 2 yet? ???

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #443 on: December 30, 2008, 12:45:08 AM
There are people around that haven't played SA1 & 2 yet? ???

*raises hand*

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #444 on: December 30, 2008, 12:47:51 AM
What are you two doing?! Get a Gamecube, Sonic Adventure Director's Cut (if you can stand a few less than stellar moments) & SA2 Battle and call it a day. Or you can do it the good ol' SEGA way and Dreamcast them up! XD

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
Reply #445 on: December 30, 2008, 12:48:09 AM
in Flame's case, i don't believe he has a GC or a DC.

*raises hand*

but for you, *CLUSH Bomb to the face*

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #446 on: December 30, 2008, 12:49:14 AM
Wii will be my next console. Illg et it once I get ine.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #447 on: December 30, 2008, 01:28:48 AM
All I remember is being hugely turned off by the first Sonic Adventure when I played a demo of it.  I found it incredibly slow.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #448 on: December 30, 2008, 01:31:16 AM
You obviously never played Emerald Coast's whale sequence. That or you didn't experience Speed Highway. XD

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #449 on: December 30, 2008, 01:43:12 AM
You obviously never played Emerald Coast's whale sequence. That or you didn't experience Speed Highway. XD

I did play Emerald Coast.  Again, I wasn't blown away by it really.

The other one, no I didn't play.  LoL, when I'm none too impressed with the first part, playing the rest of it never appeals to me!