Sonic Unleashed

Phi · 208211

Poll

Which version of Unleashed will you buy?

PS3
3 (9.7%)
12 (38.7%)
Wii
12 (38.7%)
PS2
4 (12.9%)

Total Members Voted: 31

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #375 on: December 05, 2008, 12:29:46 AM
When will they release a game that centers around Tails or Knuckles

See Tails Adventures. Tails SkyPatrol, and Chaotix (It had knuckles as the main character, the others were just there.)

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #376 on: December 05, 2008, 02:57:09 AM
What did it have to contradict the events of SA2?
The only issue with SA2 I see is the Eclipse Cannon still being operable after Sonic chucked the fake Emerald at it.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Nekomata

• The Adorable
  • RPM Goddess
  • The Devil in The Poisoned Tuxedo
    • View Profile
Reply #377 on: December 05, 2008, 03:28:53 AM
so i grabbed the 360 version, because i am impatient and cannot find it on PS3

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #378 on: December 05, 2008, 03:33:22 AM
It's good on the 360 as well!   8D

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #379 on: December 05, 2008, 03:38:56 AM
I think I'll rent it for PS3, first.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #380 on: December 05, 2008, 04:00:44 AM
so i grabbed the 360 version, because i am impatient and cannot find it on PS3

How is it in your opinion? 8)

Offline Nekomata

• The Adorable
  • RPM Goddess
  • The Devil in The Poisoned Tuxedo
    • View Profile
Reply #381 on: December 05, 2008, 05:53:06 AM
Delicious.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #382 on: December 05, 2008, 05:54:14 AM
So then I take it the Sega in you is smiling the whole way through? 8D

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #383 on: December 05, 2008, 05:58:46 AM
That's like little Jimmy still smiling even while the school bullies stick his head in the toilet for a swirly.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #384 on: December 06, 2008, 05:06:11 AM
The only issue with SA2 I see is the Eclipse Cannon still being operable after Sonic chucked the fake Emerald at it.
thats negligible. what about the Moon? it should be a permanent half moon. yet STHH shows a biggass full moon behind shadow. and then theres those parts on the Ark that resemble Geralds whiskers, which broke off during its decent, but are back again in STHH.

also, I discovered the purpous of the Spindash in unleashed. (PS2 version BTW,) if you time it right, and start off with a spindash, if you press the boost button at the right time, you can do a sonic boost right from the start with no rings. comes in handy actually.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Kieran

• He's just a
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #385 on: December 06, 2008, 02:48:16 PM
I dunno, maybe the blast from the Eclipse Cannon made the moon rotate faster, so the same side of it isn't always facing Earth anymore? >_>

Hell, while you're getting technical, taking out that much of the moon's mass should've caused massive tidal shifts and volcanic upheavals on Earth, but Sega didn't really take that into account either...

The Other Side
http://www.crowdedstreet.net
irc.esper.net #theotherside

Commander Shepard: *stares blankly at a video of scantily clad asari dancers* ...What kind of hotel is this?
Liara T'Soni: It is a luxury resort with an... exotic edge.  Azure is slang for a part of the asari body in some places on Illium.
Shepard: Where?
Liara: The lower reaches, near the bottom.
Shepard: I meant, "where on the asari body?"
Liara: So did I.

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #386 on: December 06, 2008, 05:11:40 PM
and then theres those parts on the Ark that resemble Geralds whiskers, which broke off during its decent, but are back again in STHH.

Repaired?

I guess you could argue the same for the moon; Eggman might like full moons in his Eggmanland.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #387 on: December 06, 2008, 08:17:44 PM
thats negligible. what about the Moon? it should be a permanent half moon. yet STHH shows a biggass full moon behind shadow. and then theres those parts on the Ark that resemble Geralds whiskers, which broke off during its decent, but are back again in STHH.
I think the moon was kinda inevitable, or does every other Sonic game afterwards include a half-moon?  Yeah, that's just the game developers not paying attention.  That or they believe the moon will reshape itself in a matter of months. ???

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #388 on: December 07, 2008, 12:41:33 AM
well, in sonic X, Eggman pretends to play nice and help repair the moon, although it was all part of his elaborate scheme. >_>

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #389 on: December 07, 2008, 12:52:07 AM
What's with this debate about story in mah Sonic? All you youngins needin' fancy epic plots, in my day there were no new fangled stories to follow, just Robotnik screwing things up and Sonic & co. going to fix him straight. XD

Seriously though, Sonic 3 + Knuckles should have been the standard for tone and way of telling a story in Sonic games after it. I don't think I'll ever drop that thought.

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #390 on: December 07, 2008, 01:23:51 AM
I thought Sonic Advance 2 did pretty well.

Just a few lines of dialogue, just enough that you don't get bored of all the OMG NEW CHARACTORZ but enough to where you can't make up your own personalities for them like people did in the Genesis days (even the cartoon and comic crossed ways).

Offline STM

• says you shouldn't play with your
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Reply #391 on: December 10, 2008, 08:54:47 AM
Bump for interesting findings:

Over at yonder Sonic Retro, reading through some data in the 360 version's files have turned up a 10th level in the line up. Joining the likes of Windmill Isle, Cool Edge and Dragon Road is another level called Cray Castle.

What is Cray Castle? Well... we don't know (yet.) It's more likely to be a DLC level than it is to be a lost level. Right now, it's too soon to say. All we can confirm is that there is apparently a 10th level in the 360/PS3 version of the game. Similar data mining in the Wii/PS2 version did not turn up such a level.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #392 on: December 10, 2008, 02:08:21 PM
Revenge of Hidden Palace Zone (Sonic 2) anyone? XD

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #393 on: December 10, 2008, 05:03:30 PM
Sounds awesome.  More levels is definitely not a bad thing.

Offline Psycho Yuffie

• Neo Arcadian
  • Pffft!
    • View Profile
Reply #394 on: December 11, 2008, 09:26:28 PM
So... I noticed there's a PS2 version of this game. Should I get it? Is there a difference--aside from lower graphic quality?

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #395 on: December 11, 2008, 09:31:03 PM
PS2, because of those systems, that's the only one I'd be able to play. Well, now the Wii version too, but meh.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Strider Xhaiden

• The Token Brit.
  • Master's Unit
  • Never "Great", just varying degrees of "OK".
    • View Profile
Reply #396 on: December 11, 2008, 09:37:55 PM
Chances are I'll still get the Wii version of this, but why did Sega feel the need to remove a load of content? I WANT MY EMPIRE CITY DAMMIT!

My Twitch channel. Random streams during the week.
Currently streaming: Transformers: Devastation

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #397 on: December 12, 2008, 04:31:07 AM
So... I noticed there's a PS2 version of this game. Should I get it? Is there a difference--aside from lower graphic quality?
dont get it.  you'd be better off saving up for the next gen versions. if you dont have a PS3 or 360, then your still better off saving up and buying one. if you dont have any next gens, then get the Wii version. its the better of the 2 versions.

the 2 versions being the last gen and next gen. the differences are the whole game was basically re- made by dimps. the beautiful levels are different, the werehog gameplay has basically lost any fun it had on the next gen systems, with "combos" basically being as much as a combo as Zero's 3 hit saber slash, plus the removal of two entire continents. that plus the final bosses final form colors are wrong.

Offline Psycho Yuffie

• Neo Arcadian
  • Pffft!
    • View Profile
Reply #398 on: December 12, 2008, 06:35:48 AM
dont get it.  you'd be better off saving up for the next gen versions. if you dont have a PS3 or 360, then your still better off saving up and buying one. if you dont have any next gens, then get the Wii version. its the better of the 2 versions.

the 2 versions being the last gen and next gen. the differences are the whole game was basically re- made by dimps. the beautiful levels are different, the werehog gameplay has basically lost any fun it had on the next gen systems, with "combos" basically being as much as a combo as Zero's 3 hit saber slash, plus the removal of two entire continents. that plus the final bosses final form colors are wrong.
Erm... I don't have a PS3, 360, or a Wii... If I want to get Unleashed, I have to get the PS2 version. Saving up for any of the current consoles isn't possible, either. >>;

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #399 on: December 12, 2008, 11:26:00 PM
then get the Ps2 version then. I have it. because I only have a PS2. =_=