Kit · 231956

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #3925 on: August 25, 2013, 10:57:07 PM
Domino flattened her lips into a thin line. "This was the e-mail to Dr. Yeung."  She looked to James. "I have Scott getting me information.  Giovanni hasn't told me anything."  She let out a breathy groan, returning her gaze to the computer screen. "We need to figure out how to stop this, and we need to figure it out soon.  I've got Scott on the case and he's getting me Yeung's agenda, so we can keep a close eye on what he's up to.  The only schedule I have is the one he's put up for the rest of the staff, and right now, we're looking at... hold on..."

Opening the schedule, Domino glanced at it.  "Okay, it's up to date for tomorrow.  Let's see what Yeung has planned for tonight..." she scrolled down and checked, "okay, two spinal taps.  Then it says 'nil per oram' for the rest of the night."  She sat back in her chair.  "Near as I can tell, he's got nothing planned right away, but that could change, and I have Scott looking into this."

Taking a moment to readjust her pigtails, she looked to James. "So, our cover's blown, Giovanni would rather have Mewtwo put down, and Yeung's up to no good.  We have cops crawling around the place, and if Yeung gets his way, we're all screwed.  So..." she trailed off and looked at the schedule and then around her office "...where's Meowth?"

Offline White-Jet

• The Wandering
  • Master's Unit
  • It's tough being an avatar when you're so restless
    • View Profile
Reply #3926 on: August 25, 2013, 11:09:45 PM
"Our cover might not be completely blown...provided that kid keeps those cards tight-lipped about it," James mutters struggling to right himself as the Hold spell starts to wear off, "But your right...there's no point sticking around here, worrying about the state of our undercover operation.  I think Meowth is still with Joe and that Pokemon counselor in the clones' confinement."

MAKE WAY FOR HAJIME'S DRAGON DELIVERY EXPRESS!!! 8D

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #3927 on: August 26, 2013, 02:28:00 AM
"Okay, so long as Yeung isn't messing with him," Domino nodded.  She glanced at her computer yet again, then busied herself with digging through her purse. "Also... this makes things easier.  If Giovanni isn't in on the Shadow Pokemon project anymore, then we don't need to be so covert about it.  Though, if Yeung goes through with this..." she trailed off, shaking her head.  Finally finding her wallet, she opened it and took out some money. "I'll order a pizza later."

For a few minutes, Domino remained silent, looking over the schedule and the e-mail.  She looked to James. "Okay, they should be taking Mewtwo back here soon.  It's got a couple of spinal taps to look forward to, so they may need some help in there."  She paused and searched for something, then returned her gaze. "Considering the needle they use is this big," she held her thumb and forefinger about three inches apart.

Offline White-Jet

• The Wandering
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #3928 on: August 26, 2013, 02:47:46 AM
James compresses his lips, having never had a spinal tap before, but knowing what Mewtwo might be going through after being subjected to more than a physical eval.

"How soon do you need me over there?" he asked while flexing his joints to make sure they were no longer stiff and painful.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #3929 on: August 26, 2013, 03:19:39 AM
Domino glanced at the schedule, and then the clock. "A few minutes or so.  Basically, what they're going to do is jam a big needle into Mewtwo's back to collect spinal fluid.  The second one is so they can get some from that neck tube thing," she reached behind her head and pantomimed the neck tube, "though, looking up spinal taps, they generally do those on the lower back, so I'm not sure how Yeung plans to do the second one.  Either way," she glanced up at James, "Mewtwo is in for a world of hurt.  I had a spinal tap as a kid when I got real sick.  It suuuuuuuucked."

Offline White-Jet

• The Wandering
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #3930 on: August 26, 2013, 07:27:47 AM
James cringes again, seemingly having never had a spinal tap before.  He only hopes Mewtwo doesn't blow up the Institute out of instinct and give more than just Giovanni reason to put him out of his misery.

Jenny arrives back at the station and presses the unlock button for the door Hierophant sat next to.

"I'll be back later to set the Skitty and the other cards up for evaluation," Jenny said, "It's nothing too serious, we just need to make sure they aren't as responsible for the incident as that Fool card.  For now, make sure you keep them somewhere they won't cause trouble."

Hierophant nods silently as he picks up Tarot Skitty and the still out cold Yan-Yan and heads back into the station and towards the guest dorms.  Jenny continues to watch before toggling the stick on her car and driving back to the Institute to find and help Phoenix with any other evidence he might need for the upcoming case.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #3931 on: August 27, 2013, 09:48:59 AM
Domino spent the next few minutes looking over a few things.  "I suggest you get over there.  Do whatever you can to keep Mewtwo from blowing the place up.  It's been pretty cooperative so far, let's keep it that way."  She looked at James.  "It trusts you.  Use that to your advantage."  Returning her gaze to her computer, she let out an aggravated groan. "I'll see what I can do about getting those cards back, and see what headway Slade made with locating Jessie.  I got a blip from her comlink, and she's on the move again, but I can't raise her at all."

Quickie looked up from her sketchbook as Heirophant entered.  "How'd it go?  You see Mewtwo?  Is he okay?"

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #3932 on: August 27, 2013, 09:50:15 AM
Phoenix was on a roll, finding plenty of clues to use in the case.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline White-Jet

• The Wandering
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #3933 on: August 27, 2013, 10:10:00 AM
James nods nervously as he heads out of the office and towards where the clones were being kept, noting that, indeed, Mewtwo hasn't returned yet.

Hierophant compressed his lips some as he took a seat on the other side of the table Quickie sat at, "No....  After the eval, I got distracted and didn't get a chance to see him....  Jenny said they had just taken him out for another eval, but she didn't pay enough attention to tell what it was."

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #3934 on: August 27, 2013, 10:32:44 AM
"Well, the place is still standing, so that's a good sign," Quickie nodded slowly.  "And they let him see his clones, so that probably helps, so long as they're not actively messing with them in front of him."  She dropped her gaze to her sketchbook and resumed drawing. "Jenny told me that if we win, we're most likely going to have to leave Kanto."  She shrugged.  "That's fine.  We'll head to Hoenn, settle there, and I'll go back to graphic design.  Perhaps go back to school, get into psychology or finish up my nursing degree.  Kind of left that one hanging, as it started to get in the way of work."

After a while, Yeung finished his phone call and returned, noting that Joe had left and James had returned. "Ah, good, you're back," he smiled. "This is going to be a tough one, as lumbar punctures are never pleasant.  There are also two ways we can do this, once Mewtwo's returned," he busied himself with getting antiseptic, a local anesthetic, and the spinal needle, "it can sit up and lean over on a table, or it can lay on its side.  The latter would be better, as I'd have better access to the lumbar region, and it can go straight to a supine position to minimize the post-spinal headache."  He glanced at James.  "Talk to it and keep it calm.  Even with the anesthetic, it's going to feel some discomfort."

A few minutes later, Mewtwo was returned to the room and directed to lay on the exam table.  His eyes were half-closed, due to the dilating drops, and he shielded them with one hand.  Carefully moving, as everything was a bright blur, he did as he was told and moved his squinting gaze to Ryuta and James.  "What now?"

At the door, the other scientist handed Yeung a folded washcloth. "Here, put this over its eyes, help minimize the glare."

Yeung took the washcloth and covered Mewtwo's eyes.  "Just relax, just doing one more test."  He stepped behind Mewtwo and positioned himself at the clone's lower back.  "Pull your knees to your chest, and move your tail forward as far as it will go, please.  Hold that position and try not to move."  He clicked on a shaver and shaved off a patch of fur, then began to smear on a thick layer of antiseptic.

The washcloth over his eyes may have blocked out the glaring room lights, but it certainly didn't make him feel any better. "What is happening?"

Offline White-Jet

• The Wandering
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #3935 on: August 27, 2013, 10:46:21 AM
"They're saying they want to do a spinal tap," James said, "It should be over quickly, provided you stay calm and not freak out at whatever they use to perform the procedure.

Hierophant's compressed lips tighten some upon hearing Quickie thinking about moving to Hoenn to start over far from where Team Rocket's primary base.  He contemplates heading over there for a little exploration himself, and in the hopes that his disappearance will ebb away any acknowledgement of Tarot Skitty and its cards.

"Hopefully there aren't any other criminal organizations that will be vying for control over Mewtwo," he finally said.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #3936 on: August 27, 2013, 11:08:02 AM
"Yeah," Quickie nodded. "It's not as if this whole affair will be low-key, either.  He may have to go into hiding for a while, which is a shame, as he was just getting used to being out and about.  I mean, if other Legendaries can be roaming around without much problem, there's no reason why he can't."  She shrugged again.  "We'll think of something.  We'll get somewhere cheap, and I'll get a new job as soon as I can.  If I had time now, I'd start taking commissions again."

Mewtwo felt a chill crawl up his spine as James explained what was going on, and as Yeung worked behind him.  He winced as he felt a slight sting in his back, and then moved his arm to lift the corner of the washcloth covering his eyes.

"Try not to move, okay?" Yeung spoke. "It's really important that you keep your shoulders and head forward.  I'm going to stick the needle in now, so lay really still, okay?  Your back is numbed, you shouldn't feel this part, but you may feel some deeper discomfort, and your legs may start feeling pins and needles, but that's temporary and will go away."  He paused for a long moment.  "Okay, you're doing good, just relax..."

Trying to ignore the increasing pressure in his back, Mewtwo motioned for James to lean forward, and he isolated his telepathy. "Your disguise has not fooled me in the least.  However, I have not exposed you for the sake of your safety, and the safety of my clones and myself.  Though, there is something that bothers me... What is your purpose in all of this?  I sense a hidden agenda within you."

Offline White-Jet

• The Wandering
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #3937 on: August 27, 2013, 11:54:06 AM
James tries not to compress his lips upon getting the isolated telepathy, It's complicated...and I don't want to go into too much detail that will cause you to overreact and give Team Rocket more reason to antagonize you....  Right now, there's a possibility that our boss is swaying between subjecting you to something called the Shadow Project, and putting you down should they win the case....

"I may have to leave Kanto as well for a while," Hierophant said, "Since Carr's pretty much antagonized the reputation of Tarot Skitty and its cards, I feel it's best to move out after the trial so everyone can move on and forget the bad things Team Rocket had force them to commit."

Back in the guest dorm, Tarot Skitty, now retaking Yan-Yan's full midget form, sits on one of the top bunks and scissor kicks its legs while moaning over what was going to happen.  Danny had since planted himself back into Excalibur's chest mane, crossing his arms in frustration.

There had been a debate before Hierophant left for the cafeteria.  While the captives were insistent on wanting to warn the officials of Team Rocket's meddling, they knew at least two of the members were having doubts about what their boss may be up to.  Despite agreeing to leave the reveal to the investigative team, they were still on edge over what they should do to avoid making the situation worse.

"We need to stay as far away from Team Rocket as possible, but stay within the station so the police don't think we bailed when they need our evaluations to edge out the possibilities," Danny grumbles.

Tarot Skitty continues to stare at its kicking legs before snapping straight with an idea and pulling the duffel bag towards him, shaking it towards Danny to show what he has planned.  Danny continues to stare at the bag while rubbing his hand along the side of his helmet.

"I guess we don't have much of a choice," he mutters, "We'll probably need to warn our homeland to stay away from this region just so they don't complicate matters by getting involved."

Tarot Skitty nods in acceptance as it hops down to solid ground and opens the bag only to suddenly get pounced by a restless, tiger-like blur.  Danny and Excalibur yelp as the impact caused the Hanged Man and Wheel of Fortune cards to fly out of the deck on its back and drift out of the room, heading into different directions.

Danny stares in shock before looking towards where the blur had landed to see a Growlithe happily licking a freaked out Tarot Skitty's snot-dribbling face.

"Sting!" he almost yells, "Chariot told you not to jump out of the bag unless HE was the one opening it!"

As Tarot Skitty was trying to push Sting off it, it suddenly noticed the Hanged Man drifting off towards the main station.  Yelping in hysteria, it shoved Sting off and scrambles off after the drifting card, bumping into every officer that got in its way and creating further distance between them.  Danny stares in dumbfounded frustration before looking towards the Wheel of Fortune card, who was drifting towards the direction of the cafeteria.

Neither could afford to let this wayward cards fall into the wrong hands, otherwise Hierophant would get into further trouble by choosing not to warn any of the officials of the two Team Rocket members that were lurking within the facility.  Gritting his teeth, he looks up towards Excalibur and Genbu, who was still sitting on his back.

"Follow that Wheel!" he calls out, "There's no telling what kind of futuristic curiosity those officials might get out of it if they got their hands on the card!"

Without much response, Excalibur grabs the duffel bag and bounds out towards the cafeteria in the hopes of catching the card before said officer notices and grabs it while thinking of something future-related.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #3938 on: August 27, 2013, 08:58:54 PM
Taylor had meanwhile retired to her room. "Bah, I tire of this region. Too much drama, not enough fun. Hey Kovu!"

"LIT LIT!" The Litleo barked.

"See this map? Point where we should go next on our travels for me, will ya buddy?" The Litleo barked happily again and after a few minutes of deliberation pointed at a region with several islands and a large volcano. "Ooh Hoenn, that place is great. The view from atop Mt. Chimney is beautiful this time of year. Let's go there when this is all done, eh?" The Litleo looked up at Taylor, happy with his decision.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #3939 on: September 08, 2013, 10:05:20 AM
TIIIIIIIIIIIIIME SKIIIIIIIIIIIIIP!

(Note, zombie player apocalypse.)

It had been over a week, and the trial began, with Phoenix Wright reporting to the courthouse.  He had all the evidence he needed, every witness he required--Ash had flown in from Unova--and he was ready to get underway.  With the expert testimonies, this should be an open-and-shut case.  After everything is all said and done, he'll go get burgers.

At the Pokemon Institute, Steiner had long since arrived and he and Yeung had been maintaining a low profile due to police order.  After a brief investigation, Officer Jenny had secured an order to limit the Institute's involvement to boarding.  Whether or not such orders extended to Steiner, who had arrived without her knowing, remained to be seen.

The battle trial was scheduled to occur after the initial hearings, and their length would be dependent on the verdict.  The Pokemon clones had been transferred to a local refuge owned by the Institute, where they had a bit more freedom.  Mewtwo remained at the Institute, though Jenny's warrant supplied him with a holding cell, rather than a crate. 

In the courtroom, Quickie sat on the bench behind the defendant's table, casting her glance nervously around the room.  Winston Payne was conversing quietly with Giovanni, while Ash and Misty conversed amongst themselves amid the audience.  At the table, Phoenix was going through the court record.

(Whoever wants the judge, he's all yours.  Let's get this trial started!)

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #3940 on: September 08, 2013, 10:19:20 AM
(Who wanted to be The Judge again? XD)

Dr. Wily II had taken a seat away from the main group, feeling a bit... Overwhelmed by the sheer number of people that had gathered to attend the hearing. Turning to his right, he spotted an Officer Jenny that was positioned near where Giovanni was. Sensing that she could be the bitchy one, Dr. Wily II turned his gaze away. This will be a long day...

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline White-Jet

• The Wandering
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #3941 on: September 08, 2013, 10:42:56 AM
Hierophant sat somewhere close to the group, looking between them and the Team Rocket Boss who seems to have one of the three Officer Jennys in this city sitting beside him.  Tarot Skitty hadn't taken its eyes off Jenny, nervously bouncing his curled boots up and down while half-consciously pawing the two cards it had since corralled back into its deck-holder.

It was obviously restless about being forced to testify Yan-Yan's involvement in the incident and how they were going to interrogate it.  No doubt that bias Jenny was going to take everything it said out of context just to drill that sword further into Mewtwo's back and win everyone's trust in her "accusations".

Hierophant looks over to Tarot Skitty after a moment, "Are you sure you don't want me to talk to the judge and convince him to let me do most of the talking?  They can't even understand the way you talk."

Tarot Skitty looks over to Hierophant, than the bias Jenny, swearing it saw her snap a glance towards him with that Devil, Moon, and Two of Swords energy protruding horns from her head, a crescent moon on her forehead, and a bandanna clamped tightly around her eyes by a pair of swords.  Every spark of its light structure crawls up its body as it jumps behind Hierophant, shaking nervously while whimpering like a cat.

"Fumeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...."

Hierophant glances towards Tarot Skitty, then the bias Jenny and her three dark Tarot Energies before sighing in reluctance, "I guess you're right....  Even if I could get the Judge to reconsider, she'll just use the switch as an excuse to further turn this entire region against Mewtwo...."

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #3942 on: September 11, 2013, 02:17:33 AM
The audience slowly quiet down as the Judge enters the room and sits behind his bench.

He promptly slams his gavel down multiple times to fix everyone's attention onto him.

The bald judge, sporting a rather magnificent gray beard, clears his throat and speaks out to the court, "Court is now in session for the trial of Mewtwo".

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #3943 on: September 11, 2013, 02:33:51 AM
(I guess I could play Payne, unless someone else wants him?)

Officer Jenny almost wanted to step forward to give her statement, until she was stopped by Giovanni, who raises his right hand to block her. Gesturing with his left, Winston Payne acknowledged and began his opening statement.

"Good morning your Honour. By the end of this hearing, my side will prove that Mewtwo should be returned to its rightful owner, his benefactor... My client, Mr. Giovanni."

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #3944 on: September 11, 2013, 02:54:35 AM
The Judge calmly stroked his beard at Winston Payne's statement. "Mr. Giovanni, hmmm... I see..." He continued stroking his beard for a few seconds, then stopped.

"... He's not the man who owns the Burger restaurant that opens at 3 pm, is he?" He blinked, clearly not recalling who he was.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #3945 on: September 11, 2013, 03:03:44 AM
Payne shook his head.

"No, Your Honour. Mr. Giovanni is the CEO of Rocket Industries, a company that champions change and innovation."

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #3946 on: September 11, 2013, 03:06:29 AM
Giovanni nodded and folded his arms.

Quickie watched the exchange, grimacing.  She leaned forward and tapped Phoenix on the shoulder. "This is Mewtwo's trial, shouldn't he be here to testify?"

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #3947 on: September 11, 2013, 03:07:19 AM
Payne shook his head.

"No, Your Honour. Mr. Giovanni is the CEO of Rocket Industries, a company that champions change and innovation."

"AH! That's right. Close enough, I suppose." The Judge nodded his head.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #3948 on: September 11, 2013, 03:21:47 AM
Payne adjusted his glasses before continuing.

"So... Mr. Wright. Are you ready to taste the revenge of the Rookie Killer!? Today, I'll avenge both my brother and myself!" *points at Phoenix dramatically*

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #3949 on: September 11, 2013, 03:26:10 AM
Giovanni gave Phoenix a knowing smirk.  He leaned in to Payne and lowered his voice. "This will be far too easy.  So long as the beast doesn't testify."  He cast his glare out at the audience, particularly Ash and Misty. "Or its little friends."