RPM POKEMON ADVENTURE THING

Kit · 233409

Offline White-Jet

• The Wandering
  • Master's Unit
  • It's tough being an avatar when you're so restless
    • View Profile
Reply #1150 on: June 03, 2013, 05:19:06 AM
As the group of five Pokemon and a materialized Tarot Card were scanning the cafeteria pantry for something to lull them to sleep with full, comfortable tummies, Riolu's dog-like flaps suddenly bounced as he sensed a ripple in the aura stream.

"Ro?"

The others stopped their searching upon sensing his reaction and looked towards him as he swung his head around to figure out where the ripple was coming from.

"Something wrong, Ryo?" Hierophant asked.

Ryo's gaze fixated towards where the entrance to Stone Town is located and runs off to follow the source of the rippling aura.  Hierophant tried to call out to him, but he had already turned the corner by the time he turned to reach out for him.  Compressing his lips in concern as he looks towards Plusle and Minun who wasted no time running out after Ryo, leaving the remaining trio to watch their departure before looking to each other for ideas and questions on what just happened.

"Let's follow them," Hierophant said, picking up the momentarily miniature Torterra and running after the fleeing Pokemon.  Leafeon watched before galloping off after him.

Upon reaching the entrance they find Ryo, Plusle, and Minun standing near the open gates; the cheering Pokemon looking towards their Riolu leader as he continue to scan the area for anymore ripples.

"Is there someone out there that needs help?" Hierophant asked.  Ryo continues to look around before turning his head towards him, seeming to seek his more widely ranged Tarot sensing abilities to pick up where the ripples had ended.

Hierophant studied his aura before looking back towards the horizon that was the route between Fuchia's Safari Zone and Cinnabar Island.  There appears to be faint signs of life, mostly Pokemon belonging to some humans who appear to be heading for Fuchia's main city, but were halted by something affecting one of their Pokemon.

"Whatever it is, its too far for us to reach on foot," Hierophant said, "Besides, at this time of night, there's no telling who else might be lurking about, waiting to snatch you and force you to be their pet."

Ryo seemed desperate to want to know more about that particular Pokemon's predicament as he grabs Hierophant's hand and tugs on him to follow after him and get a closer look.  Hierophant grit his teeth in concern as Plusle and Minun joined in on the tugging.  Whatever happened to that Pokemon, they obviously couldn't rest without at least knowing it was okay.  He looks towards his Torterra and Leafeon, who's only response was to stare back at him for commands, before sighing in reluctance.

"Alright, let's go check it out," he said before putting on a stern face, "But only just.  We've been on the road for most of the day and we're not exactly in the best shape to get into a fight if one breaks out."

Ryo, Plusle and Minun nod in acceptance as Hierophant placed Torterra on the ground and points his staff towards him.

"Esuna!"

The orb on his staff glows bright before flying off and exploding into smaller sparkles around Torterra, returning him to his original, Isle-like size.  They then climb on and head off in the direction Hierophant pointed in, staying well in the shadows of the forest to avoid being spotted and provoked into a battle they had no energy to fight in.

MAKE WAY FOR HAJIME'S DRAGON DELIVERY EXPRESS!!! 8D

Offline Pyro

• Wielder of the Chaos Force
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Boo yeah!
    • View Profile
Reply #1151 on: June 03, 2013, 05:21:45 AM
Pyro blinked back at her as if he were confused even further, "I'm Pyro." o-O

Mr. Spook tugged on Quickie's sleeve and pointed at Sakura and Pyro in hopes she could help answer the former's question, "Gar!"

Come and read some Thoughts of a Platypus

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #1152 on: June 03, 2013, 05:22:29 AM
(What did he say?)

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Pyro

• Neo Arcadian
  • Boo yeah!
    • View Profile
Reply #1153 on: June 03, 2013, 05:23:43 AM
("Please tell her." More or less.)

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #1154 on: June 03, 2013, 05:27:09 AM
Quickie was quiet for a moment.  "Hoo boy, this will be a long story..."

Mewtwo took the time to stretch and crack his back.  "I will need to rest for a moment, so feel free to tell it."  He watched Mew flit around in the air, somewhat puzzled as to why Pyro referred to the creature as "Zach."

"Very well,"  Quickie shook off her backpack and sat down on the blanket beside Mewtwo, "Well... You know the story about the fire that destroyed the Brass Tower and killed the Pokemon that would become the legendary beasts?"

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1155 on: June 03, 2013, 05:29:14 AM
"Yeah I do." Sakura nodded.

"I've always wondered what kind of Pokemon those 3 were before they became the beasts." The voice pondered.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #1156 on: June 03, 2013, 05:32:25 AM
"Apparently," Quickie continued, "a boy allegedly vanished in that blaze.  Well, like the beasts, Ho-oh revived the boy, as well, and granted him immortality.  The boy vanished soon after that, said to roam the earth, bringing good fortune to the just, and chaos to the wicked."  She nodded to Pyro.  "Also... it's said that Legendaries tend to appear around him."  She indicated Mew.

Offline Ahrzayl

• Crisis Strawberry
  • B-Class Hunter
  • Super Psycho Sweety
    • View Profile
Reply #1157 on: June 03, 2013, 05:34:05 AM
(This looks like it'd be pretty fun. o.o )

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1158 on: June 03, 2013, 05:36:33 AM
"Holy [parasitic bomb]." Sakura muttered "Poor Pyro."

"What do you mean?" The voice asked "Isn't that a good thing?"

"Not really." Sakura shook her head mentally "Think about it, a human who lives that long is bound to lose it.  His family is gone, his sanity is gone.  People around him will question why he doesn't age so he can't have a home, and that's pretty lonely."

"I see." The voice answered "I often forget the limits of humans compared to Pokemon."

"I just can't believe it, but given the evidence it makes sense." Sakura said looking at Mew.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #1159 on: June 03, 2013, 05:39:34 AM
Mewtwo continued to watch Mew, and then reached out to touch the creature's nose.  Mew backed a few inches away, did a flip in the air, and laughed.  Mewtwo scowled slightly.  "You have not changed."

"Having fun with your 'nemesis?'" Quickie teased.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1160 on: June 03, 2013, 05:50:26 AM
"Nemesis?" Sakura asked though she was still more concerned about Pyro.

Offline Pyro

• Neo Arcadian
  • Boo yeah!
    • View Profile
Reply #1161 on: June 03, 2013, 05:54:20 AM
"I know Zach's having fun," Pyro said. 8)

Mr. Spook laughed as well and Jawbreaker... he passed between Sakura and Quickie with a beaten leather book in his maw. It was the book of legends that told Pyro's story, and he was mindlessly chewing on it.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1162 on: June 03, 2013, 05:55:12 AM
"Can I see that book?" Sakura asked the Shiny Garchomp.

Offline Sapphire Knight

• Coffee-Powered
  • Master's Unit
  • Short for Sapphire Knight
    • View Profile
    • Sapph's DA
Reply #1163 on: June 03, 2013, 05:57:05 AM
(This looks like it'd be pretty fun. o.o )
(Feel free to join us at any time. :3)

Sapph sighed and sat down, mulling over things. "Immortality..." He muttered, thinking. "Maybe... Hmm... That's probably it..."

My thread of Random Crap

Who loves Grape Soda? Sapph loves Grape Soda! Is it true? Is it true? Ohyesohyesohyes it's true-oo~ I do I do I do I do-oo~

Offline Pyro

• Neo Arcadian
  • Boo yeah!
    • View Profile
Reply #1164 on: June 03, 2013, 05:57:32 AM
Jawbreaker dropped it into her hands and trundled towards a nearby Yache Berry tree to satisfy his hunger.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #1165 on: June 03, 2013, 06:00:38 AM
Mewtwo mulled over the talk of immortality.  "Well," he spoke up, "I was only expected to survive for about four or five years, as the other clones exhibited shortened lifespans."

"Clearly, you've lived longer than that," Quickie nodded.  "Treading into unknown territory?"

"Very much so," Mewtwo nodded and turned his attention back to Mew, trying once again to attempt to pet it, only for the creature to move just out of reach, twirl, and laugh.

Offline White-Jet

• The Wandering
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1166 on: June 03, 2013, 06:01:21 AM
"Hold on a sec," Hierophant whispered, causing Torterra to stop just as they were nearing where the distressed Pokemon and the group following it was, "There's no telling if the group following that Pokemon are willing to trust a passerby even if they were merely walking by.  If we're going to observe the group from a distance and not provoke a fight, we're going to have to spend the rest of the trip unseen."

Ryo looks towards him, wondering what he had in mind.  Hierophant looks towards his staff, then the card on his back before sighing in uncertainty.

"There's a spell that can keep us from being seen, but we have to be quiet from this point on, or they might have their Pokemon use an attack that will dispel it."

He gets up and grasps the tree sticking out of Torterra's shell, "Gather around and hold onto me.  It'll take too long if I use it one at a time."

The remaining four Pokemon nod and did as told, Plusle and Minun climbing onto his shoulders while Ryo wrapped his arms around his waist and Leafeon bounced onto his hind legs and wrapped his paws around the arm still grasping the tree.  Once feeling everyone's tightness around him, Hierophant raised his staff into the air.

"Vanish!"

The orb glows brightly as crystal-like entities popped out around it while trailing down towards him and the rest of the Pokemon, causing them to blip out of physical sight.  The effort, however, almost strained his mental stamina as he collapses to his hands and knees, but the exhaustion doesn't last long.

"Phew....  I can see why other mages can only cast this spell on one target at a time....  Let's hope I have enough magical energy left to reverse the spell once we get back to the Pokemon Center...."

He then taps Torterra's mossy back, prompting him to continue onward while Riolu, Plusle and Minun spend the remainder of the trip observing the white outline that could only be seen by those affected by Vanish.

They soon reach where the distressed Pokemon was, finding, to Hierophant's confusion at least, two forms of Mew surrounded by a few humans and aerial-type Pokemon.

I guess that explains why Ryo was so eager to come out here.... Hierophant thinks to himself as they try to stay in the shadows of the forest.  Although Vanish keeps them from being seen, he knew the Mew species can at least sense a presence regardless of what kind of power controls their tangibility.  Neither he, nor the trio that accompanies him, Leafeon and Torterra were ready to get involved in a group until Ryo finds his Everstone and chooses how he wants to perfect his cheering techniques.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1167 on: June 03, 2013, 06:06:08 AM
Sakura skimmed the contents of the book seeing the legends that the young boy was a part of.  The more she read the more she started to cry.

"Dear Arceus...." Sakura trembled.

"I don't see why you're crying." The voice sighed "I mean he seems pretty happy to me."

"I know but I can't help it." Sakura said mentally "This boy has been through so much, and he isn't even aware of it."

"I suppose this is beyond my understanding since I am immortal as well." The voice shrugged.

"...Xuangzang were you lonely when you weren't with a hero?" Sakura mentally asked.

"I'm not really sure since I usually hibernate in long periods of time when there is nothing going on." The voice answered "I suppose if I didn't do that I might."

"I'm sorry..." Sakura said mentally as she cried even more.

"There's nothing to be sorry about." The voice stated "The both of us are fine, you worry too much."

"I know you're right." Sakura replied mentally "But the more I think about it the worse I feel."

"I suppose you need time to accept this." The voice sighed.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #1168 on: June 03, 2013, 06:09:08 AM
Mewtwo immediately locked his gaze on an area adjacent to the group.  "Show yourself!"

Quickie followed his gaze.  "You see something?"  She squinted and tried to see what Mewtwo saw, but knew that she lacked the powers to do so.  "Is someone there?  He won't bite."

Offline White-Jet

• The Wandering
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1169 on: June 03, 2013, 06:39:54 AM
Mental thoughts weren't the easiest to suppress from someone with psychic abilities; something Hierophant had forgotten after being spotted by one of the Mews.  Then again, with two Mews in the area, Vanish would be completely pointless with their ability to see past it.

Leafeon looked towards Hierophant, nudging him to flee, but he lets out a reluctant sigh and rubs his temple.

"There's no point, Synthis; Genbu's just going to create an earthquake if he tries to run...." he pauses a moment to look at his staff, "I just hope I have enough energy and experience to remove the effect from everyone...."

He then stands up and holds the staff as high as his arm could stretch, "Dispelga!"

The group aware of Mewtwo's gaze saw a bright ball of light balloon to the size of an orange before dispersing into swirling ribbons of energy that slowly brought him and the other five Pokemon back to existence.  He didn't mind of the Mews purge their memories as long as the group they were with doesn't see them as a threat and attack them without at least giving him a chance to explain his presence.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #1170 on: June 03, 2013, 06:41:55 AM
Mewtwo let out a low growl.

Quickie held her hand up.  "Easy...  I seriously doubt that they're with Team Rocket, or Obsidian, or whomever."  She addressed the newly-arrived group.  "Have you been following us?"

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1171 on: June 03, 2013, 06:43:31 AM
"Interesting." The voice mused "I didn't think Humans could learn magic, let alone in this day and age."

Sakura didn't acknowledge the voice's curiousity as she was still crying and oblivious to everything.

"I suppose you need more time." The voice sighed.

Offline White-Jet

• The Wandering
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1172 on: June 03, 2013, 06:51:31 AM
Hierophant remained nonchalant as he lowered his staff, putting his unequipped hand on Synthis' head as a way of keeping him and Genbu from attacking out of defense of their friends, "One of you sent an aura ripple that made one of us concerned for their condition.  We came out here to make sure they were okay."

It was obvious they weren't in the best condition to put up a fight even if they came out of hostility.  Genbu looked like he had reached the end of his energy, though it had nothing to do with the weight of his companions as they had spent most of their own journey on foot before eventually climbing onto his Island-like shell and letting him carry them the rest of the way.  It also didn't help that they abandoned dinner just to come out here despite trusting in the group's ability to tend to the distressed aura.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #1173 on: June 03, 2013, 06:56:35 AM
"We were traveling and encountered some... difficulty," Quickie explained in vague terms, still not quite certain of the group's intentions.  She put her hand on Mewtwo's shoulder to try and determine if he could sense a motive, but the clone's growling had subsided and he seemed to relax.  "Something attacked one of us, but we're not entirely sure what or how.  All we know is that the attack went straight for Mewtwo and disabled him."  She looked to Mewtwo.  "You sure your powers are back?"

Mewtwo nodded, but then added a slight shrug.  "I believe so... but something still does not seem right.  The main reason I would rather not risk flying."

Offline White-Jet

• The Wandering
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1174 on: June 03, 2013, 07:12:52 AM
"I see...." Hierophant mutters before scratching his head worriedly, "Well, I'm sure one of you has the ability to erase memories, but I should warn you, we mostly came here because one of us was getting restless and didn't want to let things be until he was certain you were okay.  If you do try to revert us back to where we last remember, it's only going to result in an annoying loop I'm sure one of you might not want to tolerate."

He then groans and looks towards Ryo, his hand still on his head as some sign of sympathetic embarrassment than frustration at Ryo's rash behavior, "Now do you see why I didn't want to come out here just after getting settled in Stone Town?  You could at least be a little more considerate of the people around him before getting all antsy and desperate to check things out."

Ryo let's out a child-like groan before flopping to a sitting position and placing his chin on his paws.  Plusle and Minun squeaked their names as they flank his side and pats his shoulders.