Turian · 99648

Offline xnamkcor

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #200 on: August 28, 2010, 08:05:55 PM
Yay for Forte in a non-EXE game.
Megaman can fly?
Suddenly, Blues double air kicks.
The first part of the video is a good representation of what the internet is like.
This looks pretty good, even though I have no info on the actual gameplay.

PS: Forte with his EXE mantle outside of an EXE game and Blues double kicking in the air are some of the most awesome fan pandering I've ever seen.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #201 on: August 28, 2010, 08:10:18 PM
Hey, time-farking is what makes it fun.  That being said, ignoring the Classic/X crossover aspect for a second, Signas shouldn't be the Maverick Hunter commander while Iris is alive.  Whether they're glazing over that, or we're looking at an earlier point in his career, who knows?

Hey, I have always questioned the idea of Signas commanding ANYTHING, since I still don't see what purpose he provides is moral support. We actually don't know his qualifications at all.

As for Iris.....maybe they just don't trust her!  8D

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #202 on: August 28, 2010, 08:18:21 PM
I'm just happy that Sigma is involved.

Aresian

Reply #203 on: August 28, 2010, 09:04:53 PM
Ah yes, Hypershell continually reminds me that there is nothing wrong with fanboying all over the place.

Especially for Iris. Sweet Iris. XD

Honestly, I feel like playing Megaman X 4 all over again because of this.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #204 on: August 28, 2010, 09:07:51 PM
Ah yes, Hypershell continually reminds me that there is nothing wrong with fanboying all over the place.

LoL, how do you think I came up with my name?  :P

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #205 on: August 29, 2010, 03:21:21 AM
Hey, I have always questioned the idea of Signas commanding ANYTHING, since I still don't see what purpose he provides is moral support. We actually don't know his qualifications at all.

As for Iris.....maybe they just don't trust her!  8D
Qualifications? well having the best CPU of all time seems to  be the main one. Personally, ive always wanted to see Sigmas in combat to see what his combat style would be like. I cant help but imagine Colonel...

Also, speaking of earlier in Sigmas' career, its possible that he was already a high up hunter... Hell, maybe he's the Maverick hunter equivalent of Colonel! I mean, he DOES look the part... 8D

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #206 on: August 29, 2010, 03:27:47 AM
Qualifications? well having the best CPU of all time seems to  be the main one. Personally, ive always wanted to see Sigmas in combat to see what his combat style would be like. I cant help but imagine Colonel...

Also, speaking of earlier in Sigmas' career, its possible that he was already a high up hunter... Hell, maybe he's the Maverick hunter equivalent of Colonel! I mean, he DOES look the part... 8D

Plus he has "the chin" of the Tick!  XD

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #207 on: August 29, 2010, 03:30:30 AM

Does he has the best CPU of all time?

Even if he does, what the hell does that mean? We never see him on the field, or even doing useful [parasitic bomb] in the base. He just stands there and pats you on the back! Hell, Alia can do that! XD

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #208 on: August 29, 2010, 03:40:06 AM
oops, I typoed. I meant SIGNAS.

I recall the manuals stating that he currently has the most advanced CPU.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #209 on: August 29, 2010, 04:36:30 AM
Wasn't Signas built to replace Colonel?

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #210 on: August 29, 2010, 04:58:46 AM
No, he took over as Hunter General when the previous one resigned in shame over the Repliforce incident.

Although i dont know if we know anything about Signas previous to that.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #211 on: August 29, 2010, 05:32:34 AM
Quote from: Mega Man X5 Instruction Booklet
SIGNAS
When the previous general of the hunters resigned to take command of the Reploids War, Signas was selected for the general's post. Although his fighting abilities have not yet reached their peak, he has the most precise CPU of all existing Reploids.

You were right.

I love replacementdocs.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #212 on: August 29, 2010, 05:39:17 AM
I knew there was some reason I stayed here. 8)

Especially for Iris. Sweet Iris. XD
Damn straight.

He just stands there and pats you on the back! Hell, Alia can do that! XD
It'd be a hell of a lot more enjoyable, too. :V

Although i dont know if we know anything about Signas previous to that.
Nothing comes to mind.  I recall no info, ever, about much of anything that any of X5's supporting cast did before X5 (besides Alia).  If they're taking that into account, it'd certainly be interesting.  But I'm not ready to trust a Korean game to be consistent.  Consistent or not, though, I'm sure it'll be awesome.

According to Servbot20's collected sourcebook info, Signas was never intended to be a fighter.  Doesn't say what he WAS doing, though, just more of the whole high-end CPU stuff.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #213 on: August 29, 2010, 05:42:02 AM
Im always reminded of that one guy in Day of Sigma. Who looked SO much like Signas. (well, he had the hat, anyway)
I recall a looong time ago, reading that he was a private investigator before becoming Hunter General. however, I an certain that that has no factual basis. (although I can see why someone would think that, when they say he has the most precise CPU of all reploids to date)

Lol, i can totally See Signas doing the Sherlock Holmes thing.

The thought amuses me.

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #214 on: August 29, 2010, 05:43:03 AM
But I'm not ready to trust a Korean game to be consistent.  Consistent or not, though, I'm sure it'll be awesome

Personally, my concern isn't consistency (though it would be nice); my concern is whether or not Capcom of Japan will acknowledge it.

Offline xnamkcor

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #215 on: August 29, 2010, 06:09:53 PM
How about this wild theory?
Signas is a automaton and was built just prior to being put on duty.

Offline Hiryu

• Capcom's Favorite futuristic ninja
  • B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #216 on: August 29, 2010, 06:37:58 PM
Does he has the best CPU of all time?

Even if he does, what the hell does that mean? We never see him on the field, or even doing useful [parasitic bomb] in the base. He just stands there and pats you on the back! Hell, Alia can do that! XD

Seriously, that's all he does in X8.

"Good Job X! You deserve some rest!"

"But Signas, I totally just fell into a lava pit/spike trap 3 times at the beginning of the stage. How is that a good job?"

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #217 on: August 29, 2010, 09:28:23 PM
Seriously, that's all he does in X8.

"Good Job X! You deserve some rest!"

"But Signas, I totally just fell into a lava pit/spike trap 3 times at the beginning of the stage. How is that a good job?"

"I SAID GOOD JOB!"

"Yeesh, okay.... calm down man..."

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #218 on: August 29, 2010, 10:16:22 PM
How about this wild theory?
Signas is a automaton and was built just prior to being put on duty.
But thats no fun.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #219 on: August 29, 2010, 10:26:42 PM
It'd be a hell of a lot more enjoyable, too. :V

Nothing comes to mind.  I recall no info, ever, about much of anything that any of X5's supporting cast did before X5 (besides Alia).  If they're taking that into account, it'd certainly be interesting.  But I'm not ready to trust a Korean game to be consistent.  Consistent or not, though, I'm sure it'll be awesome.

According to Servbot20's collected sourcebook info, Signas was never intended to be a fighter.  Doesn't say what he WAS doing, though, just more of the whole high-end CPU stuff.

Exaaaaaaactly! XD

And even if he does have a high-end CPU, it's not like we see him do anything with it other than praise! What a waste of processing power!  8D

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #220 on: August 29, 2010, 10:27:31 PM
What are you talking about?

Signas runs on Windows Vista and never crashes. THAT is power.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #221 on: August 29, 2010, 10:27:50 PM
Lol, he had a desk job.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #222 on: August 29, 2010, 10:32:24 PM
LoL, then make him look like Bill Lumburgh!

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #223 on: August 29, 2010, 10:35:12 PM
Hey, when are we going to get a front page news update? (specifically on this trailer) we havent gotten one since Megaman Universe Trailer. Theres a serious lack of news uptates...

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #224 on: August 29, 2010, 10:36:26 PM
Nah I bet he has some EVIL intentions...I mean that guy looks like Redips and his name is similiar to Sigma!...No good can come from him