Protoman Blues · 208345

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #525 on: October 02, 2010, 07:36:23 AM
With how ticket prices are steadily climbing, it's almost becoming not worth going out to see a movie.  A regular, non-3D showing around here costs about $11.

Posted on: September 29, 2010, 08:29:20 AM
Oh, tonight I finally saw Iron Man 2.  Then, during the credits, my brother and I discussed who we think would be good to play Thor.  Then after the credits, we nerdgasmed.

Though, one thing I found odd... in the midst of all the expected CGI, I noticed that even the actors' arms were CGed when they were in costume. Either the costumes have very limited movement or when moving, the costume moves in a way that is not realistic to the way the suit would be expected to move; for example, the gauntlets shift all around as they are not secured. Either way, it looked very strange.

Offline Gotham Ranger

• Magic Everywhere In This Bitch
  • Master's Unit
  • Ooo, shiny~
    • View Profile
Reply #526 on: October 02, 2010, 10:13:12 AM
You know, as critically acclaimed as Iron man 1 & 2 are, I still haven't seen them. Being poor sucks.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #527 on: October 02, 2010, 10:31:53 AM
Being poor was what kept me from seeing it in the theatre.  It was far cheaper to spend a dollar at the Blockbuster Express kiosk a block away than to shell out $13 at the theatre ten miles away.

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #528 on: October 02, 2010, 01:03:57 PM
My reason I don't visit cinemas at all...

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #529 on: October 03, 2010, 06:15:46 AM
I agree.  I don't even wanna know how he plans to "improve" them, and I don't intend to spend $20 to find out.  I saw the Original Trilogy in theatres when they released the Special Editions, and I was happy with that.  I don't intend to shell out an exorbitant ticket price just to see these.  And definitely not to see the Prequels.  No amount of CGI or 3D will make the acting any better.

Lucas has lost his [tornado fang]ing mind.  He needs to be overthrown, have someone more capable run his empire.   

What really irks me is that he starts with the shittiest movie in the Series. I'm all for order but the only Prequel Star Wars I ever want to see again is the third. The originals are classics, and always will be (Only the original versions though, never seen the special editions because my parents have some intense dislike towards them.)

ANYWHO, I don't personally like this new acceptance of "3D", It didn't work in the 50's, It didn't work in the 80's, and NOW its all of a sudden going to work? (And apparently it does if people have 3D-TV's, and crap like 3D Blu-Ray getting advertised.) Every movie out there that I've seen with an option of 2D or 3D, We always choose 2D (With the exception of Avatar.) Reasons being:

A: Its too expensive.

B: I can't wear those glasses over my glasses, and if I took them off to wear the 3D ones, It'd still be blurry.

C: Its a goddamn gimmick, most movies (again, with the exception of Avatar, (And possibly the new [Bumpity-Boom!] film).) are shot in 2D with cheesy 3D effects added in, and from what I've heard it looks terrible.

D: I watch something, I want it on my screen, where it looks the same whether I'm sitting at my PC or on my Bed. I don't want [tornado fang]ing holograms popping out of my screen when I'm sitting on my bed, only to lose the effect when I move to the PC.

E:Its too [tornado fang]ing expensive! (Yes, I know I repeated Reason A, but its to drive the point home.)

4D is alright though, its only used for gimmicky stuff that you don't have to pay extra for (Because that stuff stays at expensive theme parks.).

Doesn't stop me from wanting the 3DS though.

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #530 on: October 03, 2010, 06:21:07 AM
All Six STAR WARS Films to Be Re-Released in 3D Theaters Starting in 2012

NO. THAT'S IT. [tornado fang] YOU, LUCAS. NO MORE.

In [tornado fang]ing thwee-dee? No thanks, I'm happy without those fancy-pants special effects, they have gone into his head. It's like a movie built for kids HAS TO BE built in 3D these days.. innovation MY ASS.

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #531 on: October 03, 2010, 06:36:29 AM
And he'll mess with Greedo some more.  This time in 3D.

LEAVE GREEDO ALONE!

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #532 on: October 03, 2010, 06:42:05 AM
What really irks me is that he starts with the shittiest movie in the Series. I'm all for order but the only Prequel Star Wars I ever want to see again is the third. The originals are classics, and always will be (Only the original versions though, never seen the special editions because my parents have some intense dislike towards them.)

Honestly, the man has some [tornado fang]ing balls, to think that people, even Star Wars fans, are really going to shell out MORE money (3D movies are more expensive) to sit through the first 2 movies again. I think some MIGHT do it for the 3rd, but the first two? He's nuts.

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #533 on: October 03, 2010, 06:43:16 AM
LEAVE GREEDO ALONE!

Rodian Pride Club anyone? 8D

Honestly, the man has some [tornado fang]ing balls, to think that people, even Star Wars fans, are really going to shell out MORE money (3D movies are more expensive) to sit through the first 2 movies again. I think some MIGHT do it for the 3rd, but the first two? He's nuts.

Oh boy, wait until he sees some angry 50 year old fans.. And a really pissed Carrie Fisher.

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #534 on: October 03, 2010, 06:45:57 AM
I'm considering shelling out the cash to see the OT in 3D, but not the Prequels.  No way in hell.  Just, no.  And even the thought of seeing what "improvements" Lucas has added the to OT makes me nervous.

Rodian Pride Club anyone? 8D

Greedo never did anything to Lucas, ever.  Greedo never fired.  Yet Lucas keeps messing with him.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #535 on: October 03, 2010, 06:52:32 AM
I'm considering shelling out the cash to see the OT in 3D, but not the Prequels.  No way in hell.  Just, no.  And even the thought of seeing what "improvements" Lucas has added the to OT makes me nervous.

I'm not giving him anymore money, especially not for the movies I literally see at least 3-4 times a year. Hell, it's on Spike every other month.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #536 on: October 03, 2010, 07:03:27 AM
I know for a fact that the 3D OT will not be the original theatrical releases, so like I said, it is merely a consideration.  The decision will largely lay in what else is playing at the time and whether or not I even have the cash.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #537 on: October 03, 2010, 07:04:30 AM

The LAST time we bought ANY Star Wars films was back when the original trilogy was released on VHS in a boxset "For the Last Time." We still have that boxset, and my parents have steadily refused to get the DVD's because of the Trilogy only being the Special Edition versions or some crap like that. (I think they have the option of switching to the Theatrical, do they?)

Then we bought Empire Strikes Back on DVD, ONLY because it had the original Theatrical version and because it was on sale. Making that the only thing in the Star Wars series that we own on DVD.

And I don't even bother with the Clone Wars, If its on TV I just turn the TV off again. Tried watching an episode and felt like I was watching one of the first two Prequels again (I think the Second one I actually fell asleep during it.)

So in short, [tornado fang] you Lucas. I never shelled money out to you, but my Parents did about 8 times, they aren't going to put down $90 to see the 6 films in [parasitic bomb]-tastic 3D. (3D films cost about $15 where I live.)

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #538 on: October 03, 2010, 07:22:05 AM
I'm not giving him anymore money, especially not for the movies I literally see at least 3-4 times a year. Hell, it's on Spike every other month.
I lol'd when I kept tuning in to Return of the Jedi on Spike and seeing all the famous lines.

Including IT'S A TRAP!!

My timing was exquisite that night... XD

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #539 on: October 03, 2010, 07:34:01 AM
Seeing as how I have no cable or satellite, I just watch my DVDs.  I have the OT on DVD with the original theatrical versions, the restored versions on tape (not widescreen, though), and the first Special Edition box set.  I keep that box set around because it withstood the full brunt of a house fire.

And survived without even a smudge.

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #540 on: October 03, 2010, 08:36:37 AM
I really dislike the 3D effects they use nowadays. It always hurts my eyes after a certain amount of time without fail.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #541 on: October 03, 2010, 08:39:20 AM
I say we all sue the movie industry so they stop this lame-o fad.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #542 on: October 03, 2010, 08:48:56 AM
Hey, Who remembers Spy Kids 3D? 8D
Sure it was not that great, but at least it was made FOR the 3D gimmick specifically.

Nowadays, its just a gimmick to mask bad movies by saying "oooh loook! its threee deee!"

or in Lucas' case, to cash in on the new gimmick with older movies.

Im beginning to think the reason his neck-chin thing keeps getting bigger is that its where he stores the money he makes off of stuff like this.

Also, 3D sucks. All its good for is movies MADE for 3D- ON OCCASION. like, one every few years or so. Not every [tornado fang]ing thing.
And i cant wear 3D glasses over my own [tornado fang]ing glasses. if they are going to make 3D, at least come up with a solution to that [parasitic bomb].

Actually, who STARTED this [parasitic bomb] anyway? What movie(s) is/are responsible?

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #543 on: October 03, 2010, 09:01:52 AM
It is indeed Lucas's giant neck parasite that dictates his actions.

And as for SpyKids 3D... that was great. XD  I prefer red-blue (or red-green) analglyphic 3D as opposed to this stereoscopic 3D.  It doesn't hurt my eyes as much.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #544 on: October 03, 2010, 09:34:15 AM
Wait- 3D these days is stereoscopic? As far as I know, that requires two of the image doesnt it? how do they do that?
hah... Apologies, but I thought they were still doing the red-green 3D.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #545 on: October 03, 2010, 09:41:24 AM
I hate the Stereoscopic, if they're going to make it they need to have lighter lenses, I feel like i'm wearing sunglasses when I have them on. And why would I want to wear Sunglasses when I'm watching a movie?

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #546 on: October 03, 2010, 09:45:02 AM
Basically the stereoscopic 3D is done using two cameras at slightly different angles (or clever AfterEffects tricks to fake it), and each reel is projected with its own projector.  The two films are overlayed, which, without the glasses, looks blurry.  The glasses are designed to let in the light from one projector in one lens, and the light from the other in the other lens. Then, your brain does the rest.

It's a bit more involved than that, but that's the quick and dirty version.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #547 on: October 03, 2010, 05:48:31 PM
That CANT be good for your eyesight.

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #548 on: October 03, 2010, 06:00:59 PM
It really strains your eyes. There really shouldn't be long 3D movies. I get reminded of Spy Kids 3D...yeah, it's a shitty movie but atleast it had moments where you could put the glasses down to have your eyes rest for a bit...

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #549 on: October 04, 2010, 05:31:58 AM
After I see a 3D movie that's stereoscopic and not analglyphic, I have a monstrous headache.  It prolly doesn't help matters that my depth perception sucks to begin with due to poor vision in one eye, forcing my overworked left eye to make up for what my right eye isn't seeing.