• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #326 on: June 18, 2010, 11:26:34 PM
LoL, again I disagree!

Also....

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eoC1gsGE5rI[/youtube]

yyyyYYYYYYYO  8D
Blame me for being incredibly averse to canned sounds trying to act like real music.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #327 on: June 18, 2010, 11:28:06 PM
Blame me for liking silly music!  XD

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #328 on: June 18, 2010, 11:29:12 PM
Blame me for liking silly music!  XD
Hey, nothing wrong with tastes. I do admit I am a huge music nazi when it comes to tastes. 8D

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #329 on: June 18, 2010, 11:30:41 PM
Hey, nothing wrong with tastes. I do admit I am a huge music nazi when it comes to tastes. 8D

To each their own I always say!  Plus, I like everything cept country & gospel.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #330 on: June 18, 2010, 11:48:37 PM
To each their own I always say!  Plus, I like everything cept country & gospel.
Never heard country before. I pretty much think all music genres have potencial, except most stuff in trance, house and techno. And emo. Always emo.

But for good, GOOD game soundtracks, I've always found the best stuff in the most unusual places. Check this track, for example:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsls2Uz-kyM&feature=related

Or even this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3B7OiGCkpc&feature=related

Incredible songs, that come from the most unsuspecting games. I honestly didn't expect either of those to have award-winning soundtracks, but they're better than ALOT of the stuff I find.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #331 on: June 19, 2010, 12:01:35 AM
That's kinda how I felt with Zone of the Enders 2.  In terms of Anime, it's pretty much anything Yoko Kanno does.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #332 on: June 19, 2010, 12:08:27 AM
That's kinda how I felt with Zone of the Enders 2.  In terms of Anime, it's pretty much anything Yoko Kanno does.
Ooooh. See, there? Yoko Kanno is good. Mostly because she's a crazy-assed [chameleon sting]er who's not afraid to completely change her style and do something completely different, but she's got CLASS.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #333 on: June 19, 2010, 12:16:26 AM
Ooooh. See, there? Yoko Kanno is good. Mostly because she's a crazy-assed [chameleon sting]er who's not afraid to completely change her style and do something completely different, but she's got CLASS.

Absolutely.  She's awesome.  I'd love for her to do a game soundtrack, if she hasn't already.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #334 on: June 19, 2010, 01:55:34 AM
Absolutely.  She's awesome.  I'd love for her to do a game soundtrack, if she hasn't already.
She's scored 14 games to date. Obscure japanese stuff. The one I'd recomend is Napple Tale. Another great artist/singer/voice actress plays the main character and does a few of the songs, Maaya Sakamoto.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #335 on: June 19, 2010, 01:58:00 AM
I love Maaya Sakamoto.  She has such a beautiful voice.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #336 on: June 19, 2010, 06:45:04 AM
At least you admit it.  The gaming journalism community loves to wrap "80's rock sucks" together with their Sonic bandwagoning and somehow claim that's a matter of objective quality.

The occasional Sonic game taking a different route is okay, I suppose, but it does kinda bug me that both this and STH4 abandoned it at the same time.  Sonic on Wii, WiiWare, and DS, and no Crush40 among all three?  It's just not right.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #337 on: June 19, 2010, 06:51:40 AM
At least you admit it.  The gaming journalism community loves to wrap "80's rock sucks" together with their Sonic bandwagoning and somehow claim that's a matter of objective quality.

The occasional Sonic game taking a different route is okay, I suppose, but it does kinda bug me that both this and STH4 abandoned it at the same time.  Sonic on Wii, WiiWare, and DS, and no Crush40 among all three?  It's just not right.
What's so bad about a change? Rush introduced techno, Adventure introduced 80's metal, and Unleashed brought orchestral-ish-at-times instrumental music.

Frankly, I CANNOT imagine STH4 with an 80's metal soundtrack. It would be horrid, the way they're trying to make a classic kind of tune sounds much better. And as for Colors, they're trying new tunes. I kinda wish they were more experimental, Yoko Kanno-like, and brought new styles of music to each game. Why not a Daft Punk-like tune for a space game?

I love Maaya Sakamoto.  She has such a beautiful voice.
My girlfriend introduced me to her. Never liked japanese modern music, but she, Yoko and a few from the same circle are the exception so far. Really good music.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #338 on: June 19, 2010, 06:54:30 AM
My girlfriend introduced me to her. Never liked japanese modern music, but she, Yoko and a few from the same circle are the exception so far. Really good music.

Heh, it's one reason I like Seven Rings in Hand so much.  Steve Conte is a Yoko regular!  XD

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #339 on: June 19, 2010, 07:01:05 AM
Frankly, I CANNOT imagine STH4 with an 80's metal soundtrack. It would be horrid, the way they're trying to make a classic kind of tune sounds much better.
A lot of people say the same thing about NSMBWii and orchestras.  Doesn't stop the bitching.

I'm not saying EVERY track needs to be 80's metal.  But seriously, Super Sonic.  Nothing more needs be said there.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Rayl

• The Missing Piece
  • Resistance Member
  • (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    • View Profile
Reply #340 on: June 19, 2010, 11:07:05 AM
She's scored 14 games to date. Obscure japanese stuff. The one I'd recomend is Napple Tale. Another great artist/singer/voice actress plays the main character and does a few of the songs, Maaya Sakamoto.

I swear i read that as Nipple Tale.

Maaya and Yoko are very good and i've had positive experiences with both of their stuff. I'm in the mind that anything can be good if given the chance... except rap. There is no such thing as good rap. Ever. And emo.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #341 on: June 19, 2010, 02:12:00 PM
A lot of people say the same thing about NSMBWii and orchestras.  Doesn't stop the bitching.

I'm not saying EVERY track needs to be 80's metal.  But seriously, Super Sonic.  Nothing more needs be said there.
But that's the problem. Every single Sonic game has been 80's metal for awhile. It's time to stop and change. Make it different, like it was when Rush introduced techno. I hate most techno, but liked Rush's stuff.

I'm in the mind that anything can be good if given the chance... except rap. There is no such thing as good rap. Ever.
I wonder... do you know good rap? Because most people just think rap is what you listen to on the mainstream. Drugs, pimps, hos...

And then there's stuff like this if you know good rap:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IesPUXw4M8s[/youtube]

Offline Klavier Gavin

• RPM Soldier
  • Einspruch!
    • View Profile
Reply #342 on: June 23, 2010, 04:39:51 PM
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3A6a5EK5J0[/youtube]

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #343 on: June 23, 2010, 04:41:38 PM
gameplay vid
Lawl, Rush 3 all the way. Well, confirmed for superior version.

Offline CephiYumi

• Kick the door, hit the floor, magical words (groovy!)
  • RPM Purifier
  • mew mew~
    • View Profile
Reply #344 on: June 23, 2010, 04:43:11 PM
I'll probably have to get both

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #345 on: June 23, 2010, 11:51:17 PM
...except rap. There is no such thing as good rap. Ever. And emo.
OHHH! Now it's on like Donkey Kong!
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRE4nx5Oegw[/youtube]
Get it? On like Donkey Kong? XD

Also, this is getting more and more intriguing.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Ike-Mike

• Protoman: "Nein!"
  • Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #346 on: June 24, 2010, 01:16:58 AM
I'd say the bigger reason why people are bitching is because the sample quality is really low even for MIDI standards.

On topic, from what I've seen both versions of Sonic Colors actually look a lot better than Sonic 4!

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #347 on: June 24, 2010, 03:20:43 AM
I think I'm going to be getting both versions of Colors at this rate. I'm really interested in the DS version though, more Rush based gameplay with tighter level design? Yes please. Now get Hideki Naganuma in this [sonic slicer]! XD

I'm in the mind that anything can be good if given the chance... except rap. There is no such thing as good rap. Ever.

Urge to prove this wrong rising, however not at adequate levels. So I'll say this, you aren't doing it (your first quoted statement) right.

Very huge sidetrack here, but what's your opinion on Mayumi Kojima? She's pretty awesome in my opinion. I was introduced to her after needing to find the song that played in that old Super Mario Advance 4 commercial and downloading the entire album (Me & My Monkey on The Moon) with said song (Hatsukoi) on it.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #348 on: June 24, 2010, 03:25:55 AM
Very huge sidetrack here, but what's your opinion on Mayumi Kojima? She's pretty awesome in my opinion. I was introduced to her after needing to find the song that played in that old Super Mario Advance 4 commercial and downloading the entire album (Me & My Monkey on The Moon) with said song (Hatsukoi) on it.
Consider me interested and will check out her stuff in the morning.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #349 on: June 25, 2010, 08:43:11 PM
What do you consider "Modern" Music?

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.