Sonic Colors (Wii, DS)

Klavier Gavin · 138526

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #300 on: June 17, 2010, 08:32:36 PM
Funny, I was the exact opposite.  The demo made me never want to play the game ever again
The controls were basically like Sonic Adventure. What did you think was so bad about it?

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #301 on: June 17, 2010, 08:42:03 PM
The controls were basically like Sonic Adventure. What did you think was so bad about it?

The falling through levels, the shoddy controls, the minute+ load times.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #302 on: June 17, 2010, 09:48:52 PM
The falling through levels, the shoddy controls, the minute+ load times.
I honestly thought the tiny level and controls were fine. The load times and falling through levels are more related to the main game, though. =P There aren't load times mid-demo.

But yeah, main game's the worst piece of crap I've ever played in my entire life.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #303 on: June 17, 2010, 09:50:47 PM
I honestly thought the tiny level and controls were fine. The load times and falling through levels are more related to the main game, though. =P There aren't load times mid-demo.

But yeah, main game's the worst piece of crap I've ever played in my entire life.

Heh, perhaps I just got a really far along demo.  I don't know.  Regardless, after playing it I never wanted to play it again.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #304 on: June 17, 2010, 09:52:24 PM
Heh, perhaps I just got a really far along demo.  I don't know.  Regardless, after playing it I never wanted to play it again.
The demo I played was the 360 downloadable one, the one without the final running bit. I honestly really liked playing it, it played like Sonic Adventure, pretty much.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #305 on: June 18, 2010, 06:01:14 PM
06 made me think alot of Adventure.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #306 on: June 18, 2010, 08:17:01 PM
The demo I played was the 360 downloadable one, the one without the final running bit. I honestly really liked playing it, it played like Sonic Adventure, pretty much.

To be fair, I wasn't a big fan of the first Adventure game.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #307 on: June 18, 2010, 08:39:31 PM
To be fair, I wasn't a big fan of the first Adventure game.
I honestly think, that although the Adventure games have their fair share of trouble, they still remain the best way to play Sonic in 3D. Make it about platforming, not about speed.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #308 on: June 18, 2010, 08:42:26 PM
I honestly think, that although the Adventure games have their fair share of trouble, they still remain the best way to play Sonic in 3D. Make it about platforming, not about speed.

In all honesty, I think my favorite 3D Sonic game might be Secret Rings.

Offline Deadpool

• Robot Master
  • Give me your brains!!!
    • View Profile
Reply #309 on: June 18, 2010, 08:43:23 PM
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfmPD52ua-s&feature=related[/youtube]

The Theme sounds real good to me, and i hope that Crush 40 may a Remix of it for the soundtrack

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #310 on: June 18, 2010, 09:43:31 PM
1st Adventure had without a doubt the best general character/stage setup.  Sonic was the obvious focus, by far the longest quest, and at the same time Tails and Amy played reasonably similarly (not to mention Tails, you know, WAS PLAYABLE).  The gimmick character quests were kept short.  Problem was, the game engine was buggy as hell.

Sonic Adventure 2 was most definitely better polished, but made the action an even split between Sonic, Knuckles, and the sick Gamma-derivative that they decided to make Tails into.  Nevetheless, it is definitely my most replayed 3D Sonic, and IMHO features some of the best stages I've seen in 3D platforming (Final Rush is simply epic).

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #311 on: June 18, 2010, 10:01:54 PM
1st Adventure had without a doubt the best general character/stage setup.  Sonic was the obvious focus, by far the longest quest, and at the same time Tails and Amy played reasonably similarly (not to mention Tails, you know, WAS PLAYABLE).  The gimmick character quests were kept short.  Problem was, the game engine was buggy as hell.

Sonic Adventure 2 was most definitely better polished, but made the action an even split between Sonic, Knuckles, and the sick Gamma-derivative that they decided to make Tails into.  Nevetheless, it is definitely my most replayed 3D Sonic, and IMHO features some of the best stages I've seen in 3D platforming (Final Rush is simply epic).
Exactly. A perfect balance between the polished stages and gameplay of Sonic Adventure 2, together with the game structure and Adventure Fields of Sonic Adventure 1, would be awesome.

But I gotta say I still like the stages from SA1 alot better than the ones from SA2. They're more epic, overall, or have a better feel. SA2's ARK levels, for example, are just the same hyper-technological bullshit we're tired of seeing, while Final Egg and Sky Deck have a special way of seeming incredibly powerful and evil. Racing through that part of Sky Deck where planes are rising from the ground and everything's falling just makes you go "Wow, Eggman could pretty much conquer the world with this thing!" And Final Egg seems more hand-made, more mechanic than electronic. The stages overall seem more made with love.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #312 on: June 18, 2010, 10:04:37 PM
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfmPD52ua-s&feature=related[/youtube]

The Theme sounds real good to me, and i hope that Crush 40 may a Remix of it for the soundtrack

Well........I hate the auto-tuner......

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #313 on: June 18, 2010, 10:05:45 PM
Well........I hate the auto-tuner......
Think of it as a spacey Daft Punk-ish tune. I do hate the rest of that band's repertoire, though. =P

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #314 on: June 18, 2010, 10:08:12 PM
Think of it as a spacey Daft Punk-ish tune. I do hate the rest of that band's repertoire, though. =P

LoL, whoever did this is NOT Daft Punk.  Also, I really cannot wait for Tron Legacy.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #315 on: June 18, 2010, 10:19:24 PM
LoL, whoever did this is NOT Daft Punk.  Also, I really cannot wait for Tron Legacy.
No, but it has a tiny influence in the voice. Although the music itself is still kinda punk bullshitty, but what can ya do... at least we'll have Unleashed's people doing the songs. One thing that game had was decent tracks. Not memorable, but listeneable.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #316 on: June 18, 2010, 10:27:09 PM
No, but it has a tiny influence in the voice. Although the music itself is still kinda punk bullshitty, but what can ya do... at least we'll have Unleashed's people doing the songs. One thing that game had was decent tracks. Not memorable, but listeneable.

So much for my hope of a Secret Rings soundtrack.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #317 on: June 18, 2010, 10:32:42 PM
So much for my hope of a Secret Rings soundtrack.
Instrumental's better than "who gonna rock the place place place place place", IMO. =P

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #318 on: June 18, 2010, 10:36:15 PM
Blasphemy. :P

"Not memorable, but listenable", that I agree with.  The problem is, to me (and a fair share of Sonic fans), taking that as an accurate descriptor means it is the one thing Unleashed managed to do that was utterly inferior to every other 3D Sonic.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #319 on: June 18, 2010, 10:50:36 PM
Blasphemy. :P

"Not memorable, but listenable", that I agree with.  The problem is, to me (and a fair share of Sonic fans), taking that as an accurate descriptor means it is the one thing Unleashed managed to do that was utterly inferior to every other 3D Sonic.
To be blatantly honest, the corny metal started to [acid burst] me off around Heroes. After that, I could take the soundtracks or leave them.

They should just hire Richard Jacques to make every single Sonic soundtrack and be done with it.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #320 on: June 18, 2010, 10:53:25 PM
Instrumental's better than "who gonna rock the place place place place place", IMO. =P

I disagree.  "IT'S TRULY FREE BE STOP NEVER THROUGH ALL THAT'S HAPPENING!"  Plus, the instrumentals in the song itself were actually very good!

Plus this...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9xSc77M9cQ[/youtube]

is one of the greatest Sonic songs ever.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #321 on: June 18, 2010, 10:54:26 PM
DAMN STRAIGHT!
(for some reason I imagine a 3D Hydro City every time I hear that song)

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: There is no consensus in the Sonic fanbase.

Secret Rings soundtrack as a whole is awesome but repetitive.  It basically shines a spot-light on who does and doesn't believe that good music needs to be complicated.

And Jun Senoue rules all.
(though he's a hell of a lot better doing originals than remixes)

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #322 on: June 18, 2010, 10:56:52 PM
I disagree.  "IT'S TRULY FREE BE STOP NEVER THROUGH ALL THAT'S HAPPENING!"  Plus, the instrumentals in the song itself were actually very good!

Plus this...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9xSc77M9cQ[/youtube]

is one of the greatest Sonic songs ever.

Repetition, canned sounds, etc. Good song, yeah. But I'm kinda tired of the same kind of 80's rock everywhere in Sonic.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #323 on: June 18, 2010, 10:59:03 PM
Repetition, canned sounds, etc. Good song, yeah. But I'm kinda tired of the same kind of 80's rock everywhere in Sonic.

But that's what made the Secret Rings soundtrack so good.  It was a decent mix of everything.  LoL, plus Seven Rings in Hand is definitely not 80's Rock!  XD

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #324 on: June 18, 2010, 11:07:59 PM
But that's what made the Secret Rings soundtrack so good.  It was a decent mix of everything.  LoL, plus Seven Rings in Hand is definitely not 80's Rock!  XD
No, but it's certainly an annoying song after awhile listening it. -_-