Sonic Colors (Wii, DS)

Klavier Gavin · 138579

Offline Alice in Entropy

• Genderifically Confuzzled
  • Master's Unit
  • MAKE LOVE FOR MY KITTENS
    • View Profile
Reply #150 on: May 30, 2010, 01:43:59 AM
I've got a new game for you guys! It's caaalllllllllled...

Sonic: The Rage Threads!

The concept is simple: make a thread involving Sonic, and watch the hilarity ensue as people attempt to verbally maim each other in no time at all! It'll be a best-seller in no time!

Sir, you offend me! I would never rage about something as inane as a video game. Even I have standards. 8D

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #151 on: May 30, 2010, 01:50:41 AM
Sir, you offend me! I would never rage about something as inane as a video game. Even I have standards. 8D
Tell me your favorite video game of all time, and I'll name ten horrible things about it. 8D

Offline Alice in Entropy

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #152 on: May 30, 2010, 01:51:35 AM
Oh, it's on now, bee-atch!

Let's see...

Uh, let's just go for Super Mario 64.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #153 on: May 30, 2010, 02:05:25 AM
I hope there will be some gameplay at E3. It's coming up fast! ^_^

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #154 on: May 30, 2010, 02:13:53 AM
Oh, it's on now, bee-atch!

Let's see...

Uh, let's just go for Super Mario 64.

- Controls can get quite slippery at times, making it hard to get to the right places. (this seemed fixed in Sunshine and Galaxy)
- Some stars are quite a chore to catch.
- The levels are sometimes messy and unordered, seeming more like a planet in the middle of nothingness, unlike lush and beautiful worlds we expect to see from Mario games.
- Playing the final boss 3 times isn't much fun, and it's hardly a surprise when you know what to expect.
- The camera is hardly perfect, and a bit tough to control on tighter spaces.
- Alot of places seem empty and lifeless, and others, enemies are put there aimlessly, simply to serve as inhabitants of a corner you don't visit, just to fill up space.
- Too many situations where you're in a string of platforms hanging from nowhere.
- RIDICULOUSLY bad bonus for getting all stars.
- Why is there a story in the first place?
- Hub is empty and kind of aimless, couldn't it be replaced with a simple menu? Secrets don't really make much sense if it's so boring to explore.

NOTE: We are NOT going to argue these thingies. Don't even reply directly to any of them This is just to show you that any game can be made to look bad or good, if you got the time to look up annoying stuff in it. =P

(Except for Gunstar Heroes. I can't find a single [tornado fang]ing flaw with that one)

Offline Alice in Entropy

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #155 on: May 30, 2010, 02:18:48 AM
I'm not going to argue. In fact, I totally agree with you.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #156 on: May 30, 2010, 02:30:33 AM
Flash should totally have a thread where we name games and he names 10 bad things about them

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #157 on: May 30, 2010, 02:46:37 AM
Flash should totally have a thread where we name games and he names 10 bad things about them
YES I SHOULD. Perhaps I will make one.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #158 on: May 30, 2010, 03:18:42 AM
Lol, go for it. XD

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #159 on: May 30, 2010, 03:22:37 AM
Lol, go for it. XD
Tomorrow. It's a bit late right now.

Offline borockman

• Super avatar painter in training
  • Legendary Hero
  • DONALD ANGRY! DONALD SMASH!!
    • View Profile
Reply #160 on: May 30, 2010, 01:28:51 PM
Hmm another Sonic games?

Gotta see the gameplay before judging. It looks colorful from the look of it.

and yes, I didn't read the thread, just the first post.  8D

Proud member of Indigo tribe!

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #161 on: May 30, 2010, 02:13:52 PM
http://forum.rockmanpm.com/index.php?topic=4708.0 8D

Offline Kit

• #1 wizard of disappearing
  • Master's Unit
  • hue
    • View Profile
    • Art stuff
Reply #162 on: May 31, 2010, 10:43:58 PM
HEY LOOK SONIC IS IN SUPER MARIO GALA-oh wait.

they dont think it be like it is but it do

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #163 on: June 01, 2010, 01:00:47 AM
http://www.sonicstadium.org/news/rumour-sonic-colours-info-from-nintendo-power

Shadzter
RUMOUR: Sonic Colours Info From Nintendo Power

Long time member of Find The Computer Room Forum shadowthehedgehog claims to have an early subscription copy of Nintendo Power’s next issue due out 8th June which we reported to contain a huge 6 page Sonic Colours preview. shadowthehedgehog has posted up some details from the preview which you can read in the below quotes -

Thanks to my awesomeness I have read the issue of Nintendo Power featuring the game:

The game looks pretty nice, think of it as a prettier looking version of the Wii version of Unleashed, the two zones that were featured were Sweet Mountain zone, and Tropical Reservoir zone, and the former is a mountain of pastries, the said they wanted to include the crazy level designs from the old games, which is fine by me. It also said that in the 3D sections it will focus more on running from A-B akin to the Daytime stages of Unleashed, while the 2D sections will be more for platforming.

The DS version, can easily be called Sonic Rush 3, it looks exactly like those games, even the tension gauge is there, they said it would be similar to the Wii version.

Tails appears in the story but Sonic will be the only playable, they said the story is simple, light, and goofy, which is fine by me. Knuckles, and Shadow may also make an appearance in the game.

If someone has scans, please show them, because seeing it, is better than me explaining it.

Oh and Eggmanland makes a return, Yaaayyyy.

Last time I checked the storybook games didn’t have platforming, and there will be platforming.

Also there’s a level with giant Cheeseburgers.

I’m being serious, its really there, you also bounce off jello.

No scans or photo’s are provided so take this as rumour for now but if true it sure sounds like we’re getting a return of some of the wacky and fun levels we’ve come to expect from the 2D Sonic games, only this time they will be in part 3D for the Wii version at least. We’ll let you know when we see some confirmation of these details and more.

Thanks to spiny blue at the SSMB for the heads up!

...pretty much confirmed for crap Wii version. >_> And seriously, as fun as it once was, we don't need a Rush 3.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #164 on: June 01, 2010, 03:13:07 AM
Ahh... Wii Unleashed was shitty, and the DS version is a pass for me, because I seriously hate Dimps for shitty Wii/PS2 SU and Sonic Advance 2, The only good games they did that I've played are Sonic Advance 1 and 3, and Sonic Rush (Which was only Ok, points off due to Touch Screen Gimmick Special Stage.)

Offline ST Jestah

• Procastinator Extraordinair
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Just chilling in the Nexus.
    • View Profile
Reply #165 on: June 01, 2010, 04:04:31 AM
...Why do you guys hate the Wii/PS2 version of Sonic Unleashed so much?

Only part I hated from that version was the 3-4 part Night stages shtick. And of course the first section of the snow level. And I can't say much about the nunchuk controls cause I only played the game with the classic controller.

Edit: And the boss battles (minus the final boss) that were better in the PS3/360 version.

Edit2: And of course the missing two stages, abscence of the moves for the werehog and the lifeless hub worlds in this version.

As for the news, I'm a bit skeptical about it. I'll wait for a video of the gameplay of this game to see if it really handles like SU Wii. Same goes for the DS version.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #166 on: June 01, 2010, 06:07:08 AM
Did you ever play Rush Adventure? I hated the gimmicky touch-centric Sonic 2 Special Stage ripoff from the original Rush; the emerald challenges, although similar, were much more fun the second time round. Maybe because the difficulty had been lowered a little, but meh.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP

Offline ST Jestah

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #167 on: June 01, 2010, 06:27:30 AM
I have, and I didn't like it. As for the special stages, I liked both Rushes special stages.
Maybe Adventures more than the former.

I can't remember if the stages were harder in 1 than in 2 though. They're both a bit of a blur to me now.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #168 on: June 01, 2010, 11:30:21 AM
...Why do you guys hate the Wii/PS2 version of Sonic Unleashed so much?

Only part I hated from that version was the 3-4 part Night stages shtick. And of course the first section of the snow level. And I can't say much about the nunchuk controls cause I only played the game with the classic controller.

Edit: And the boss battles (minus the final boss) that were better in the PS3/360 version.

Edit2: And of course the missing two stages, abscence of the moves for the werehog and the lifeless hub worlds in this version.

As for the news, I'm a bit skeptical about it. I'll wait for a video of the gameplay of this game to see if it really handles like SU Wii. Same goes for the DS version.
To be honest, I even liked the Wii/PS2 version of the game a tiny bit more, due to it having less overall bugs and stuff like that. But yeah, it still sucked quite alot. And the daytime levels were really, really short, and rare.

Rush was crazy awesome, but Rush Adventure annoyed me ALOT. You had alot more fluff in there which you didn't need. Gathering items, objectives within levels, going from island to island... while Rush was just level-level-boss, level-level-boss. Like classic games. And while the special stages were more difficult in the first Rush, no way were they more difficult than in Sonic 2.

Overall, it's not hating the PS2/Wii version. It's hating UNLEASHED. There's one one good version of Sonic Unleashed. The java cellphone version.

Offline ST Jestah

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #169 on: June 01, 2010, 07:43:43 PM
Ah, I can see now why people don't like the Wii/PS2 version.

Like you, I liked it mostly because the game didn't kill you in some half-assed way like it constantly does in the PS360 version (I'm looking at you Eggman Land). And though the day stages were short and just 1 act (not counting the extra stages...which some are just either extensions of already existing stages, collect X rings or an even shorter alternate stages) I still enjoyed it more than the Hi-Def Day stages.

Hopefuly, this game might be a good ride...I'm still a bit skeptical like everyone else though.

As for Rush Adventure, some of the special stages just ruined it for me, especialy the submarine minigames...and the whole collecting of minerals thing. I could tolerate the racoon seeing as there are much more annoying characters out there.

Offline Kit

• Master's Unit
  • hue
    • View Profile
    • Art stuff
Reply #170 on: June 01, 2010, 08:33:25 PM
Hey! A Sonic thre-

RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE.

-nevermind.

Offline Klavier Gavin

• RPM Soldier
  • Einspruch!
    • View Profile
Reply #171 on: June 01, 2010, 08:49:36 PM
Hey! A Sonic thre-

-nevermind.

It's a thread about Sonic. You were expecting something different? 8D

Offline Kit

• Master's Unit
  • hue
    • View Profile
    • Art stuff
Reply #172 on: June 01, 2010, 09:16:46 PM
It's a thread about Sonic. You were expecting something different? 8D

Nope just being Captain Obvious 8D

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #173 on: June 01, 2010, 09:20:34 PM
I see... I just had less trouble with the special stages in Rush Adventure than in the original Rush, and found it easier. Plus, I didn't like all the voice clips in the music in the original Rush and liked the music in Rush Adventure a whole hell of a lot more (although I still love me some Wrapped in Black). And I enjoyed having to earn the songs for the sound test, for some reason. Which is weird, since I still believe all games should come standard with a sound test (unless they use licensed music like GTA or GH do).

Meh, to each their own.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #174 on: June 01, 2010, 09:55:14 PM
Sonic Unleashed on PS2/Wii didn't suck as much because it limited you more. yes, the bosses weren't as good (which is one thing I can say Unleashed on the 360/PS3 actually did quite averagely decently instead of just badly) And the levels felt a bit better. But they were tiny. And weren't very good either, to be honest.

Rush's music is kind of a touchy subject. The music IS very good, it's only of a genre not everyone likes. I don't like techno, but I can understand why people like the music, because it's just a very good quality sondtrack. Try showing Sonic Adventure 1/2's music to a music fan who doesn't like 80's corny metal and he'll laugh at you quite alot. It's basically one of those things you can chalk up to taste.

(I am a huge fan of 80's corny metal, so... I just hate it when the lyrics include references to the characters like it's some damn cartoon show. I'm looking at you, Team Sonic theme!)