Sonic Colors (Wii, DS)

Klavier Gavin · 138481

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #500 on: July 28, 2010, 12:32:43 PM
I'm sorry, but SA was a terrible game period. I'm not sure why so many people loved it. Slow movement, terrible gameplay for the other characters, terrible homing attack range, worst final boss ever. Heck, I like Sonic Riders more.

Anyways, if what I heard about Sonic Colors being basically Sonic Unleashed without the Werehog, this'll be a good game.  8D
It wasn't really that bad. The environments and levels were better overall than SA2, and although most of the other characters' gameplay was just padding, the main Sonic game was still really good. And no, it wasn't slow gameplay. It was pretty much just right. When was Sonic about speed back in the original games? Sonic's a platformer, the fact that he can run fast is simply an addition to the gameplay. Being the first 128-bit platformer, ir was really fun for its day, and people still play it and compare it side to side with the best Dreamcast games. So yes, it is a good game. The final boss is simply a "race", but the rest of the game is justy pretty good. And the homing attack range, I find it's the game with the best range, really. I don't like doing the homing attack and being veered off to the side because it randomly selected some faraway enemy.

Offline STM

• says you shouldn't play with your
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Reply #501 on: July 28, 2010, 01:02:45 PM
So... NiGHTS gameplay was tedious on Dark Gaia?

I'll give you the stupid golem, since I hate having to do that side of the boss fight to get to the fun part (Super Sonic), but I found the Wii version to be extremely lame. They literally recycled Alf Laya wa Layla and Dark Queen's boss from other games and, for a final boss, had no real feeling that this is it.

As much as people didn't like it in the HD version, the sequence after the NiGHTS part of the boss was exciting since, okay, you won, but now that idiot chip is about to get Kamehameha'd into oblivion at point blank range... then after bailing him out, he still gets hit, and the "...OH [parasitic bomb]!" hits when you see "X/[] x 60". Now, it's not exactly a great thing to make the last part of the boss a QTE, but it still got the adrenaline racing.

I consider it one of the better 3D bosses (...which isn't exactly a high bench mark as they've all been lackluster attempts of a 3D Doomsday Zone)

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #502 on: July 28, 2010, 01:15:10 PM
When was Sonic about speed back in the original games?
When they added the spin dash and loops for it to go through.
Ever since 2, speed has had a small part in Sonic. Hell, you had to be fast to dodge certain obstacles, outrun walls, etc.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #503 on: July 28, 2010, 01:20:08 PM
When they added the spin dash and loops for it to go through.
Ever since 2, speed has had a small part in Sonic. Hell, you had to be fast to dodge certain obstacles, outrun walls, etc.
Sonic was divided into speed parts, which pretty much did themselves at certain points, and parts where you had to move yourself a bit slower to go through obstacles and platforms. That didn't change on SA1/2.

Offline ST Jestah

• Procastinator Extraordinair
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Just chilling in the Nexus.
    • View Profile
Reply #504 on: July 28, 2010, 05:49:02 PM
So... NiGHTS gameplay was tedious on Dark Gaia?

I'll give you the stupid golem, since I hate having to do that side of the boss fight to get to the fun part (Super Sonic), but I found the Wii version to be extremely lame. They literally recycled Alf Laya wa Layla and Dark Queen's boss from other games and, for a final boss, had no real feeling that this is it.

As much as people didn't like it in the HD version, the sequence after the NiGHTS part of the boss was exciting since, okay, you won, but now that idiot chip is about to get Kamehameha'd into oblivion at point blank range... then after bailing him out, he still gets hit, and the "...OH [parasitic bomb]!" hits when you see "X/[] x 60". Now, it's not exactly a great thing to make the last part of the boss a QTE, but it still got the adrenaline racing.

I consider it one of the better 3D bosses (...which isn't exactly a high bench mark as they've all been lackluster attempts of a 3D Doomsday Zone)

I found the 360/PS3 not feel like much of a real final boss fight, since your just fending of one-eyed energy serpents while you watch Chippy do the ass kicking...quite poorly if I might add.

Truth be told though, I kinda liked the QTE after the fight with the barrier tentacles. It was a bit of a suprise the first time around. Pretty much the only thing I enjoyed from that fight.

Gonna go see if there are any videos of these two battles from these other games to see the battles are really recycled from these games. The names you mentioned, are those the name of the games or just the bosses?

EDIT: Just saw the videos. I can see the similarities. Also yes I see that I asked a stupid question not knowing those were the names of the final bosses for the story book series.

I still like the PS2/Wii version of the final fight. Course this is mearly a "To each his own" kinda thing.

Offline Shinigami No Tekken

• RPM's resident kid-on-the-old-man's-lawn.
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Cool Story, Bro!
    • View Profile
Reply #505 on: July 28, 2010, 07:43:47 PM
It wasn't really that bad. The environments and levels were better overall than SA2, and although most of the other characters' gameplay was just padding, the main Sonic game was still really good. And no, it wasn't slow gameplay. It was pretty much just right. When was Sonic about speed back in the original games? Sonic's a platformer, the fact that he can run fast is simply an addition to the gameplay. Being the first 128-bit platformer, ir was really fun for its day, and people still play it and compare it side to side with the best Dreamcast games. So yes, it is a good game. The final boss is simply a "race", but the rest of the game is justy pretty good. And the homing attack range, I find it's the game with the best range, really. I don't like doing the homing attack and being veered off to the side because it randomly selected some faraway enemy.

I see where you're coming from. But I never had that homing attack problem in Sonic Heroes or Secret Rings ._.

But yeah, Speed is a huge part of Sonic games. If it wasn't, you might as well call it a Mario game.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #506 on: July 28, 2010, 09:43:26 PM
I see where you're coming from. But I never had that homing attack problem in Sonic Heroes or Secret Rings ._.

But yeah, Speed is a huge part of Sonic games. If it wasn't, you might as well call it a Mario game.
I had the exact reverse problem with those games. Slow homing attacks with a kind of lock-on mechanic which made them frustrating.

Offline STM

• says you shouldn't play with your
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Reply #507 on: July 28, 2010, 10:53:39 PM
I found the 360/PS3 not feel like much of a real final boss fight, since your just fending of one-eyed energy serpents while you watch Chippy do the ass kicking...quite poorly if I might add.

Truth be told though, I kinda liked the QTE after the fight with the barrier tentacles. It was a bit of a suprise the first time around. Pretty much the only thing I enjoyed from that fight.

Gonna go see if there are any videos of these two battles from these other games to see the battles are really recycled from these games. The names you mentioned, are those the name of the games or just the bosses?

EDIT: Just saw the videos. I can see the similarities. Also yes I see that I asked a stupid question not knowing those were the names of the final bosses for the story book series.

I still like the PS2/Wii version of the final fight. Course this is mearly a "To each his own" kinda thing.

Understandable. But the way the fight is set up is different for a reason.

Obviously, in the Wii/PS2 version, Super Sonic takes on Dark Gaia directly with Chip having done his work in Rock 'em Sock 'em Gods. However, the PS3/360 version tries a subtle approach that didn't sit will with some people because of how unorthodox it is in video games.

Dark Gaia was not the final boss for Sonic.

Sonic's fight ended when he beat the living crap out of Dr. Robotnik. However, Dark Gaia was Chip's problem. Chip, however, is weak as [parasitic bomb] and, alone, would like have been annihilated. Sonic, and later Super Sonic, served more as a support role during Chip's final fight, having to save the little bastard from dooming us all.

Pretty much, baby sitting: the game. With super powers.

Plot wise, it's cool. Dark Gaia isn't yours to fight as much as it is sticking to the prophecy in the game, even though Sonic does get the finishing kill. Gameplay wise, it's not quite as exciting a fight as if you were bobbing and weaving through asteroids, fireballs, giant death lasers, and shield generating tentacles.

But at that point, we'd just have a Perfect Chaos rehash only in the center of the planet instead of a flooded city.

Offline Alice in Entropy

• Genderifically Confuzzled
  • Master's Unit
  • MAKE LOVE FOR MY KITTENS
    • View Profile
Reply #508 on: July 28, 2010, 11:03:56 PM
I liked piloting the golem in that fight. It was like Punch-Out!! on a much grander scale. >w<

• SA-Class Hunter
  • Cool Story, Bro!
    • View Profile
Reply #509 on: July 28, 2010, 11:04:53 PM
I had the exact reverse problem with those games. Slow homing attacks with a kind of lock-on mechanic which made them frustrating.

Really? Because I found the lock-on mechanic useful. And the homing attacks were fast as heck in Secret Rings.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #510 on: July 28, 2010, 11:29:33 PM
Really? Because I found the lock-on mechanic useful. And the homing attacks were fast as heck in Secret Rings.
The lock-on mechanism feels cumbersome and needless. And Secret Rings' homing attacks were MUCH slower than the ones in SA1/2.

The homing attack needed a lock-on mechanic in Secret Rings and a longer range because in the game, you are forced to always move forward, and end up not being able to set yourself at a suitable distance to the enemy. While on SA1/2, you do your homing attack by simply pressing a single button while in the air, instead of lunging your controller forward, which actually allows for much faster homing attacks. Imagine that part in SA1, Final Egg, where you're faced with tons of tiny little enemies coming out of compartments. At first, you pretty much do a homing attack to safety, mashing the button and going in a direction you want, before actually moving to the ladder above. Imagine that part, done with Secret Rings' jump, which is pretty much used as a means of locomotion, and not of attacking.

• SA-Class Hunter
  • Cool Story, Bro!
    • View Profile
Reply #511 on: July 28, 2010, 11:40:27 PM
The lock-on mechanism feels cumbersome and needless. And Secret Rings' homing attacks were MUCH slower than the ones in SA1/2.

The homing attack needed a lock-on mechanic in Secret Rings and a longer range because in the game, you are forced to always move forward, and end up not being able to set yourself at a suitable distance to the enemy. While on SA1/2, you do your homing attack by simply pressing a single button while in the air, instead of lunging your controller forward, which actually allows for much faster homing attacks. Imagine that part in SA1, Final Egg, where you're faced with tons of tiny little enemies coming out of compartments. At first, you pretty much do a homing attack to safety, mashing the button and going in a direction you want, before actually moving to the ladder above. Imagine that part, done with Secret Rings' jump, which is pretty much used as a means of locomotion, and not of attacking.

That isn't a good comparison as SA1 is free movement while SatSR is forward movement. And SatSR is slow only until you start upgrading. Once you hit level 40, you're speeding through levels in under 3 minutes. You can shake the wii remote to hit a bunch of enemies instead of waiting for it to re-lockon.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #512 on: July 28, 2010, 11:48:16 PM
That isn't a good comparison as SA1 is free movement while SatSR is forward movement. And SatSR is slow only until you start upgrading. Once you hit level 40, you're speeding through levels in under 3 minutes. You can shake the wii remote to hit a bunch of enemies instead of waiting for it to re-lockon.
It's still much slower. And slower than Heroes' homing attack as well (not to mention that Heroes' homing attack is not just weak as hell, it has a much shorter range when jumping without a target.

• SA-Class Hunter
  • Cool Story, Bro!
    • View Profile
Reply #513 on: July 28, 2010, 11:53:05 PM
It's still much slower. And slower than Heroes' homing attack as well (not to mention that Heroes' homing attack is not just weak as hell, it has a much shorter range when jumping without a target.

Heroes' homing attack was weak as heck unless you timed it so that your partners hit with you, or you leveled up. The distancing also sucked pretty badly. But it was great in terms of recovery. If you tried to mash the A button in SA1, you would go way off course. In Heroes, you could mash your way across a whole line of enemies. Though I hated the robots with the spears. You really had to time yourself so you wouldn't home your way into the spears.

SatSR has terrible gameplay unless, and I repeat, UNLESS YOU UPGRADE YOUR RINGS. The only problem I had with the controls is inside enclosed rooms and in spiral areas like the towers in Levitated Ruin. They should have made the D-pad left and right usable to fix that issue. It was terrible, manuevering left and right in those places. And the 2D sequences were hard as heck too.

Offline ST Jestah

• Procastinator Extraordinair
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Just chilling in the Nexus.
    • View Profile
Reply #514 on: July 29, 2010, 12:10:07 AM
Understandable. But the way the fight is set up is different for a reason.

Obviously, in the Wii/PS2 version, Super Sonic takes on Dark Gaia directly with Chip having done his work in Rock 'em Sock 'em Gods. However, the PS3/360 version tries a subtle approach that didn't sit will with some people because of how unorthodox it is in video games.

Dark Gaia was not the final boss for Sonic.

Sonic's fight ended when he beat the living crap out of Dr. Robotnik. However, Dark Gaia was Chip's problem. Chip, however, is weak as [parasitic bomb] and, alone, would like have been annihilated. Sonic, and later Super Sonic, served more as a support role during Chip's final fight, having to save the little bastard from dooming us all.

Pretty much, baby sitting: the game. With super powers.

Plot wise, it's cool. Dark Gaia isn't yours to fight as much as it is sticking to the prophecy in the game, even though Sonic does get the finishing kill. Gameplay wise, it's not quite as exciting a fight as if you were bobbing and weaving through asteroids, fireballs, giant death lasers, and shield generating tentacles.

But at that point, we'd just have a Perfect Chaos rehash only in the center of the planet instead of a flooded city.

Hmmm, when you put it that way, it makes sense why the final battle was like that, it does work...plot wise anyway.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #515 on: July 29, 2010, 12:26:54 AM
Heroes' homing attack was weak as heck unless you timed it so that your partners hit with you, or you leveled up. The distancing also sucked pretty badly. But it was great in terms of recovery. If you tried to mash the A button in SA1, you would go way off course. In Heroes, you could mash your way across a whole line of enemies. Though I hated the robots with the spears. You really had to time yourself so you wouldn't home your way into the spears.

SatSR has terrible gameplay unless, and I repeat, UNLESS YOU UPGRADE YOUR RINGS. The only problem I had with the controls is inside enclosed rooms and in spiral areas like the towers in Levitated Ruin. They should have made the D-pad left and right usable to fix that issue. It was terrible, manuevering left and right in those places. And the 2D sequences were hard as heck too.
Heroes was a very average game overall. Nowadays, we consider it one of the good Sonic titles, because next to the horrible games we've been subjected to, a game without constant bugs and that actually has gameplay built for the levels that it has is considered good. But it still kinda sucks. In SA1/2, the homing attack worked with the timing. And it was pretty damn good gameplay. Your jinterval of attacks was as fast as you pressed the button. It gave you more control over it, while Heroes' homing attack has a forced lag into it. Add the health bars, the repetitive enemies, the low-quality boss encounter, the lame excuse for a story and bringing Shadow back just for the sake of it, and you got yourself an amazingly average game, not to say something worse.

• SA-Class Hunter
  • Cool Story, Bro!
    • View Profile
Reply #516 on: July 29, 2010, 12:36:24 AM
Heroes was a very average game overall. Nowadays, we consider it one of the good Sonic titles, because next to the horrible games we've been subjected to, a game without constant bugs and that actually has gameplay built for the levels that it has is considered good. But it still kinda sucks. In SA1/2, the homing attack worked with the timing. And it was pretty damn good gameplay. Your jinterval of attacks was as fast as you pressed the button. It gave you more control over it, while Heroes' homing attack has a forced lag into it. Add the health bars, the repetitive enemies, the low-quality boss encounter, the lame excuse for a story and bringing Shadow back just for the sake of it, and you got yourself an amazingly average game, not to say something worse.

I actually found Heroes an interesting game. Though I'm with you on the whole low-quality boss encounter and the repetitive enemies. The storyline was pretty decent. SA1 was pretty much the same thing with the whole "Robotnik's convoluted plan to make Eggmanland." thing.  Heroes was a different approach with the whole [SPOILER]Metal Sonic being behind the whole thing.[/SPOILER] thing.

Also, Shadow was a good character. If I remember correctly, Sega brought him back because the fans loved him so much. Also, E-123 was pretty badass. (Gamma was cool too, but...)

The one thing I hated about Heroes was how ridiculously long the levels were and how if you wanted to get an A-Rank, you pretty much couldn't miss a level up and you pretty much couldn't get hit at all if you wanted the ring bonus. Not to mention how just plain ridiculous the extra missions were. Like Team Dark's "defeat 100 enemies in Casino Park" thing. Which to this day I haven't bothered with. Also, it wouldn't have killed them to make the CG scenes a bit better. The  artwork of those scenes was horrendous.

Bottom line, each game has it's ups and downs. Personally Sonic 06 wouldn't have been such a bad game if it weren't for the bugs and glitches. It had an epic storyline and decent gameplay.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #517 on: July 29, 2010, 01:27:50 AM
I actually found Heroes an interesting game. Though I'm with you on the whole low-quality boss encounter and the repetitive enemies. The storyline was pretty decent. SA1 was pretty much the same thing with the whole "Robotnik's convoluted plan to make Eggmanland." thing.  Heroes was a different approach with the whole [SPOILER]Metal Sonic being behind the whole thing.[/SPOILER] thing.

Also, Shadow was a good character. If I remember correctly, Sega brought him back because the fans loved him so much. Also, E-123 was pretty badass. (Gamma was cool too, but...)

The one thing I hated about Heroes was how ridiculously long the levels were and how if you wanted to get an A-Rank, you pretty much couldn't miss a level up and you pretty much couldn't get hit at all if you wanted the ring bonus. Not to mention how just plain ridiculous the extra missions were. Like Team Dark's "defeat 100 enemies in Casino Park" thing. Which to this day I haven't bothered with. Also, it wouldn't have killed them to make the CG scenes a bit better. The  artwork of those scenes was horrendous.

Bottom line, each game has it's ups and downs. Personally Sonic 06 wouldn't have been such a bad game if it weren't for the bugs and glitches. It had an epic storyline and decent gameplay.
Storyline was decent? SA1 had at least the decency of giving us an old prophecy told to us by random events and a more-or-less coherent narrative when told by several people, as well as NPCs which had their own little stories happening around them. Heroes was basically something thrown up just to put everyone together and to make them go as teams on levels. It was AWFUL.

And Shadow? Shadow was a good character back when he had a motive to be alive. He was brought back because the fans couldn't shut up about him, even though he died a fitting, hero's death. Subsequent games have him doing God knows what completely out of character. And E-123? Badass? It's just a robot who wants to kill everything. A one-dimensional character that pretty much lacks any kind of style, and it's just a bulky and evil version of a much superior character who had pretty much the only quality storyline ever told in a Sonic game (at least in concept).

And Sonic 06 is pure and simply a MISTAKE. In theory, yes, it would have been good. But the stage design, the gameplay, the levels, the graphics, the story, the... EVERYTHING is so atrocious... The gameplay just doesn't work. You get stuff like a slide which you can't get out of, you have to disable enemies to throw at other enemies in clear and stupid ways and the vehicles move badly. And the story? Human/hedgehog kissing? Shadow recolor going crazy with evil and destroying the world? Urgh... the side characters made no sense to have there, and each mission was such a complete murder of the gameplay, I felt sick.

• SA-Class Hunter
  • Cool Story, Bro!
    • View Profile
Reply #518 on: July 29, 2010, 01:46:13 AM
Storyline was decent? SA1 had at least the decency of giving us an old prophecy told to us by random events and a more-or-less coherent narrative when told by several people, as well as NPCs which had their own little stories happening around them. Heroes was basically something thrown up just to put everyone together and to make them go as teams on levels. It was AWFUL.

And Shadow? Shadow was a good character back when he had a motive to be alive. He was brought back because the fans couldn't shut up about him, even though he died a fitting, hero's death. Subsequent games have him doing God knows what completely out of character. And E-123? Badass? It's just a robot who wants to kill everything. A one-dimensional character that pretty much lacks any kind of style, and it's just a bulky and evil version of a much superior character who had pretty much the only quality storyline ever told in a Sonic game (at least in concept).

And Sonic 06 is pure and simply a MISTAKE. In theory, yes, it would have been good. But the stage design, the gameplay, the levels, the graphics, the story, the... EVERYTHING is so atrocious... The gameplay just doesn't work. You get stuff like a slide which you can't get out of, you have to disable enemies to throw at other enemies in clear and stupid ways and the vehicles move badly. And the story? Human/hedgehog kissing? Shadow recolor going crazy with evil and destroying the world? Urgh... the side characters made no sense to have there, and each mission was such a complete murder of the gameplay, I felt sick.

And that my friend, is what a troll sounds like. Listen. Everyone has their opinion on something. So why can't we just drop this and get back to the subject on hand? Meaning Sonic Colors.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #519 on: July 29, 2010, 02:58:46 AM
And that my friend, is what a troll sounds like. Listen. Everyone has their opinion on something. So why can't we just drop this and get back to the subject on hand? Meaning Sonic Colors.
A troll is someone who bothers others to get them mad. I just stated my argument, and what I thought.

And hell, this topic has been so far veered off course too many times. Sure, we'll get back to the game which we know so little about and probably won't for awhile.

So... those wisps, huh? They're... wispy.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #520 on: July 29, 2010, 03:09:22 AM
I liked Sonic 06. *braces for imminent impact*
I admit it had some serious shitload of issues though. And yet, it somehow managed to capture a certain kind of Sonic Adventure feel to it

Sonic Heroes was great, if only because megalomaniac Metal Sonic makes everything awesome.
"ALL LIVING THINGS KNEEL BEFORE YOUR MASTER!"

its a pity he wasnt used as a main enemy again. he's the one enemy in sonic who could really be considered evil, since Eggman has become a joke villain. (According to Rivals I think- Eggman reset him after his thing in Heroes. So he's back to mindless servant.)

I liked E-123 Omega. He was pretty cool. Plus there was a method to his madness. He was pissed off that Eggman abandoned him. So he decides to destroy anything Eggman makes. (even though technically its not Eggman but Metal Sonic's fault he was abandoned)

Another thing I liked about 06, even though the story was not that great, (it could have done without Elise, and been much better)

Was how they gave Shadow a fresh new start. Following up on his STHH vow to leave his past behind once and for all, He now works for G.U.N., has NO mentions of his past at all, nor does it seem to affect him anymore now that the Black Arms are gone, no more mopey emo "WHO AM IIIIIII!?" *cut cut*, And overall he feels almost like a brand new character now. Which is something he REALLY needed after STHH (and to an extent, Heroes, since he was still amnesiac there.)

on Colors then- yeah. wispy wispous wisps.

the trailer actually reminded me a little of CD, with that big thing attached to that tower thing.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #521 on: July 29, 2010, 03:38:28 AM
>Be knuckles
>climb wall
>try to jump off
>CAN'T BECAUSE OF BUG
>HAPPENS 90% OF TIME
>HAVE TO SEEK WALL ENEMIES TO DAMAGE ME BECAUSE IT IS THE ONLY WAY TO GET OFF WITHOUT QUITTING
>FFFFFFFFFFF

Sonic 06 is the devil's torture.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #522 on: July 29, 2010, 04:06:20 AM
>Be knuckles
>climb wall
>try to jump off
>CAN'T BECAUSE OF BUG
>HAPPENS 90% OF TIME
>HAVE TO SEEK WALL ENEMIES TO DAMAGE ME BECAUSE IT IS THE ONLY WAY TO GET OFF WITHOUT QUITTING
>FFFFFFFFFFF

Sonic 06 is the devil's torture.
that WAS pretty annoying. but I didnt need to be damaged... I would just keep trying till it let me.

Offline Waifu

• Ultimate Despair
  • Master's Unit
  • Kanako, the Moriya Shrine Goddess
    • View Profile
Reply #523 on: July 29, 2010, 04:11:16 AM
I liked Sonic 06. *braces for imminent impact*
I admit it had some serious shitload of issues though. And yet, it somehow managed to capture a certain kind of Sonic Adventure feel to it

Sonic Heroes was great, if only because megalomaniac Metal Sonic makes everything awesome.
"ALL LIVING THINGS KNEEL BEFORE YOUR MASTER!"

its a pity he wasnt used as a main enemy again. he's the one enemy in sonic who could really be considered evil, since Eggman has become a joke villain. (According to Rivals I think- Eggman reset him after his thing in Heroes. So he's back to mindless servant.)

I liked E-123 Omega. He was pretty cool. Plus there was a method to his madness. He was pissed off that Eggman abandoned him. So he decides to destroy anything Eggman makes. (even though technically its not Eggman but Metal Sonic's fault he was abandoned)

Another thing I liked about 06, even though the story was not that great, (it could have done without Elise, and been much better)

Was how they gave Shadow a fresh new start. Following up on his STHH vow to leave his past behind once and for all, He now works for G.U.N., has NO mentions of his past at all, nor does it seem to affect him anymore now that the Black Arms are gone, no more mopey emo "WHO AM IIIIIII!?" *cut cut*, And overall he feels almost like a brand new character now. Which is something he REALLY needed after STHH (and to an extent, Heroes, since he was still amnesiac there.)

on Colors then- yeah. wispy wispous wisps.

the trailer actually reminded me a little of CD, with that big thing attached to that tower thing.

The thing about shadow's whole development is that Shadow had pretty much figured that whole thing out  in Sonic Adventure 2. The character development in the Shadow the Hedgehog game was basically pointless and just there to milk money from Shadow fans. I mean Shadow being born from aliens? That doesn't make any sense. Now all of a sudden he is working for GUN? That doesn't make any sense either.

If they didn't want Eggman as the main villian of any of the new games, why not get rid of him altogether and save us the trouble of fighting him in the game only to reveal some other villain who barely did anything was the one who planned the whole thing? I hate that with the new games, Eggman needs to taken seriously as a player again instead of a pawn.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #524 on: July 29, 2010, 04:50:48 AM
that WAS pretty annoying. but I didnt need to be damaged... I would just keep trying till it let me.
Everything about the game was annoying. Every single section, every single mission, pretty much every single tiny thing about it was badly done. I can't even walk around with Shadow with his team because it makes the whole game slowdown in a very considerable degree. And let's not forget Tails' attack. The least aimeable and least useable attack in history.