Sonic Colors (Wii, DS)

Klavier Gavin · 138491

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #450 on: July 23, 2010, 12:20:22 AM
I'm still looking forward to Sonic 4. Dimps has never done me wrong. I gotta give them a slight benefit of the doubt.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #451 on: July 23, 2010, 01:26:27 AM
Plus it still looks fun. and lets be honest, it hasnt even come out yet.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #452 on: July 23, 2010, 02:30:23 AM
Eh, I'm eyeing Sonic 4 more than this honestly.  Not because of any love of Dimps, though.  But Super Sonic is in stages, which is COMPLETELY inconceivable in this day and age, so I have to at least try it.  Plus I'm hoping Tails will appear, as a proper player and not some F*@#ING GIMMICK/CUTSCENE CHARACTER, in one of the later episodes.

Seriously, whoever decided to make the Sonic Colors debut trailer feature the Sonic and Tails combo, while oh by the way you can't use Tails, needs to have an icepick shoved under their toenails.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #453 on: July 23, 2010, 02:43:16 AM
But Super Sonic is in stages, which is COMPLETELY inconceivable in this day and age, so I have to at least try it.

Toss in Super Tails as well, and i'm game. Seriously, i always enjoyed watching those flickies attacking enemies in my path.

Fond, fond memories... 8D

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #454 on: July 23, 2010, 03:22:20 AM
Toss in Super Tails as well, and i'm game. Seriously, i always enjoyed watching those flickies attacking enemies in my path.

Fond, fond memories... 8D
I loved torturing those bastards in Sonic 3D. (I was one of the few people who liked that game for what it was instead of complaining that it wasn't like the others)

But I think super forms should be a bit grounded. Sure, throw in Super Sonic, but I'm kinda tired of seeing Sonic go Super on every single game, on every single final boss. It lost its sense of surprise and awe.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #455 on: July 23, 2010, 03:30:48 AM
Every game after S3K has tried to copy Doomsday Zone, and they all failed. It's about damn time SS gets to flex his muscles outside of final bosses.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #456 on: July 23, 2010, 04:41:26 AM
Every game after S3K has tried to copy Doomsday Zone, and they all failed. It's about damn time SS gets to flex his muscles outside of final bosses.
I liked the Super battles of Adventure 1 and 2. But everything after that failed redundantly.

...hell, for all I absolutely loved of Rush, I really didn't like its final battle.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #457 on: July 23, 2010, 06:37:15 AM
I loved torturing those bastards in Sonic 3D. (I was one of the few people who liked that game for what it was instead of complaining that it wasn't like the others)

But I think super forms should be a bit grounded. Sure, throw in Super Sonic, but I'm kinda tired of seeing Sonic go Super on every single game, on every single final boss. It lost its sense of surprise and awe.
it should be what it used to be.
A reward for getting all the emeralds.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline AquaTeamV3

• Class SSS Digger
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Your friendly neighborhood digger!
    • View Profile
    • The Digger's Database
Reply #458 on: July 23, 2010, 08:13:55 AM

I liked the fact that Sonic Advance (1) and Sonic Adventure at least broke the mold.  Dashing across the moon's surface and through a flooded city were just as, if not more, fun as Doomsday.

PSN: AquaTeamV3
NNID: BaconStunner
GGPO: AquaTeamV3
My YouTube Channel
The Digger's Database (My Megaman Legends site)

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
Reply #459 on: July 23, 2010, 08:54:02 PM
Meh. Adventure's was okay as a change of scenery. But it still felt like a boring fight. And the fact that after three hits they ditch Open Your Heart is just plain stupid.

And Advance's is just an inferior copy. It may be on the moon instead of just space in general, but it's still dashing to the right and trying to hit some Eggmachine. And that game's Eggmachine was a cheap [lightning web].

Doomsday was awesome because it was simple, both in difficulty and design, it has two things to blow up, and it doesn't feel so much like boss fights as it does a chase. And you can't top the song.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #460 on: July 23, 2010, 09:05:48 PM
There has yet to be a Super fight in a Sonic game which actually does what it's supposed to.

Make you FEEL all-powerful, instead of changing the gameplay to a few simple imputs.

Offline Legendary

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #461 on: July 24, 2010, 03:41:36 AM
Yeah, but if you were all-powerful, then the boss fights would be too easy, which would make the other side of the spectrum start complaining.

Unless they threw an equal to Super Sonic at you, in which case the fight would be unwinnable or more of an "outlast this guy for great justice" type of thing.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #462 on: July 24, 2010, 04:00:55 AM
Yeah, but if you were all-powerful, then the boss fights would be too easy, which would make the other side of the spectrum start complaining.

Unless they threw an equal to Super Sonic at you, in which case the fight would be unwinnable or more of an "outlast this guy for great justice" type of thing.
You missed my point. I'm not saying you need to feel more powerful than the boss. I'm just saying you need to feel all-powerful. Alot of final battles grant you certain immunities and moves and stuff. I'm just saying to make Super Sonic a character with a gameplay similar, but more powerful-feeling than Sonic, instead of a character who just flies and dashes.

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #463 on: July 24, 2010, 05:52:02 AM
I was one of the few people who liked that game for what it was instead of complaining that it wasn't like the others

Sonic 3D Blast was BOSS.

TWITCH   ➧ TWITTER   ➧ DISCORD   ➧ MY GAMES

Knockout Mondays
Experimental day: Fighting game engine project Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

WIP Wednesdays
Hamster Drop Gold Edition Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

Weekend Game Hangout
Marc, Amber, & Friends (Saturday Evening EST)

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #464 on: July 24, 2010, 05:54:07 AM
I loved that game. The Genesis version's music was pretty sweet too! :D

They should just get Jun Senoue to do the music for this; he rocked on the classics, and Angel Island Zone (Brawl Version) was pretty awesome. He could still do it. Whether they bring Johnny Galecki in or not is a different matter.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
Reply #465 on: July 24, 2010, 07:39:14 AM
I'm just saying to make Super Sonic a character with a gameplay similar, but more powerful-feeling than Sonic, instead of a character who just flies and dashes.

That's exactly what he's like in every regular stage.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #466 on: July 24, 2010, 01:42:43 PM
That's exactly what he's like in every regular stage.
And we still don't have any final boss with that gameplay. =P

Offline Waifu

• Ultimate Despair
  • Master's Unit
  • Kanako, the Moriya Shrine Goddess
    • View Profile
Reply #467 on: July 24, 2010, 05:23:25 PM
Indeed, even if I had a hard time obtaining the Chaos Emeralds I used the cheat and I experienced Super Sonic blazing towards he stage. I want that back, I want the debug code and everyone going Super agian wioth the help of the Chao emeralds.

Heck, even the Gensis games were easier with Super Sonic and I am tired of the Chaos Emeralds being some sort of Deus Ex Machina for every game in the series, the Chaos Emeralds were great as Macguffins and you needed to earn them in Special Stages as well. Also, I would like Rbotonik as the final boss instead some demon, god, mutant or whatever. They should just stick to giving us a good final boss fight instead trying to imitate Doomsday Zone which to this day, they still cannot do.

They should just get Jun Senoue to do the music for this; he rocked on the classics, and Angel Island Zone (Brawl Version) was pretty awesome. He could still do it. Whether they bring Johnny Galecki in or not is a different matter.

I liked Jun's music, it was throwback to the genesis era but some of the them has too much rock in them.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #468 on: July 24, 2010, 05:45:33 PM
I'd actually like it if at the last moment, you lost the Super form at the final boss, and had to fight it in normal form. Because in every single game, it's like Sonic can't fight a final boss without going Super.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #469 on: July 24, 2010, 06:52:40 PM
I'd actually like it if at the last moment, you lost the Super form at the final boss, and had to fight it in normal form. Because in every single game, it's like Sonic can't fight a final boss without going Super.

Throwback to Sonic 1 & 2? I can dig it.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #470 on: July 24, 2010, 08:23:04 PM
Throwback to Sonic 1 & 2? I can dig it.
Simply to prove he's not completely useless without a super form at the last moment.

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #471 on: July 24, 2010, 10:28:16 PM
I, for one, would like to see a GOOD time travel storyline in a sonic game, without pointless drama and implied human/animal secks.

Storylines in Sonic... hmmm... anyone remembers that shitty comic by PsyGuy? Where Sonic suddenly becomes an evil dick, Tails is the main chara, Sonic dies, Tails gets pussy from Amy, Tails has some sort of PsyGuy demon form, Knuckles has one too and he married Rouge and other retarded crap like that.
If you do, then remember. Not even Sega can make up worse horseshit than this.
So even if we have a [tornado fang]ing demon as a final boss instead of Eggman, IT DOESN'T MATTER! Because we get a nice colorful game until that point with quite simple plot.
UNLESS... nah.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #472 on: July 24, 2010, 11:25:39 PM
I, for one, would like to see a GOOD time travel storyline in a sonic game, without pointless drama and implied human/animal secks.

We already had one.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #473 on: July 24, 2010, 11:56:05 PM

Storylines in Sonic... hmmm... anyone remembers that shitty comic by PsyGuy? Where Sonic suddenly becomes an evil dick, Tails is the main chara, Sonic dies, Tails gets pussy from Amy, Tails has some sort of PsyGuy demon form, Knuckles has one too and he married Rouge and other retarded crap like that.
If you do, then remember. Not even Sega can make up worse horseshit than this.
So even if we have a [tornado fang]ing demon as a final boss instead of Eggman, IT DOESN'T MATTER! Because we get a nice colorful game until that point with quite simple plot.
UNLESS... nah.
Jesus Christ, I almost forgot those times, when I first went online and discovered the faggotry of Sonic-based webcomics and the DRAMA that everyone around them created. They were the very reason I left the fanbase. Not the quality of the games, but the AWFUL STENCH of all the fanculture surrounding it.

Offline Waifu

• Ultimate Despair
  • Master's Unit
  • Kanako, the Moriya Shrine Goddess
    • View Profile
Reply #474 on: July 25, 2010, 12:39:28 AM
We already had one.
[/quote

Whick one was it? Anything is better than Sonic 06.