Yugioh 5 D's

Flame · 95180

Offline Romantic Fool

• Since 1995
  • B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #200 on: July 30, 2009, 03:23:33 AM
Meh, it could have been worse. I mean, at least it's obvious to older audiences that she'll die.

Revolutionary

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #201 on: July 30, 2009, 01:04:37 PM
Meh, it could have been worse. I mean, at least it's obvious to older audiences that she'll die.
Except, in the next episode... after fall. She's lying in this purple fog, and talking stupidly to herself. She said things like: "Well it didn't hurt as much as I thought it would." Which looks kind of funny, because she clearly looks dead and shocked, yet she talks to herself in a completely normal voice.

Now to only wait for the moment when they [twin slasher] Carly x Jack duel. I JUST CAN'T WAIT.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #202 on: August 04, 2009, 08:03:34 AM
I JUST CAN'T WAIT.
I most definitely can.

anyway, 69's out. Yay, Carly's back. and guess who's not arOUnd.
yep. they seemed to have dropped the relationship like a hot potato. Yet thats to be expected when their most strongest moments together were when she was a Dark Signer, where they pretty much confessed their feelings for one another, and she coincidentally cannot remember anything from that period.

yet they included that waitress with a crush on jack, and who's jealous of Carly.
but she cant work up the nerve to talk to Jack.

In any case, I have to say i lol'd when jack tried to find a job.

Posted on: July 31, 2009, 05:49:01
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2009-08-03/yu-gi-oh-10th-special-to-unite-3-series-heroes
discuss.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Saber

• King of Knights
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「Archetype Hero」
    • View Profile
Reply #203 on: August 04, 2009, 08:01:28 PM
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2009-08-03/yu-gi-oh-10th-special-to-unite-3-series-heroes
discuss.

Most awesome thing ever. All sorts of awesome mystic haxx clashing against one another. If this is going to be a battle royale, they need to make one for the rivals, a battle of the coats I guess. Kaiba VS Ryo VS Jack.

Offline Romantic Fool

• Since 1995
  • B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #204 on: August 04, 2009, 09:18:11 PM
oh boy oh boy oh boy.

Looks like fun, but then again, I'm reminded of that burst mode ova, that turned out to be a little bit iffy.

Still, looks fun.

Revolutionary

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #205 on: August 04, 2009, 10:44:34 PM
discuss.
I knew about this for some time now. Awesome shiet.

Also, Saber. It wouldn't be a bad idea to make one for the rivals. Except it wouldn't be Kaiba VS Ryo VS Jack. It would be Kaiba Vs MANJOUME THUNDER Vs Jack. Even tough Hell Kaiser was cool, he was hardly a rival, and they [tornado fang]'d him up completely with the way he was handled in the show.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #206 on: August 05, 2009, 02:31:23 AM
Id like to see Yugi' reaction to Yusei. I mean, Yusei's personality is quite on par with Yami Yugi. just a bit more soft spoken.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Romantic Fool

• Since 1995
  • B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #207 on: August 06, 2009, 04:19:47 AM
Eh~ I don't know, Yusei seems pretty weak in personality as compared to Judai or Yugi. I mean, I just get nothing but a generic good guy vibe from him.

I mean Yugi, you got a character who has a big burden and sometimes strays from being the good guy, the writers tried pulling the same thing onto Judai, but kinda failed at it.

So even though Yusei and Yugi might be pretty similar in personality, Yugi's way of thinking and personality stands out more as a developed character.

Yusei's character is just a little static. I mean, even Jack is a lot more developed than him as a character.

Revolutionary

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #208 on: August 06, 2009, 04:37:31 AM
true, true, but theyre still more similar.

Offline Romantic Fool

• Since 1995
  • B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #209 on: August 06, 2009, 04:47:04 AM
Eh, I guess, but I hope that they don't try and pull the same gimmick that they did with judai. The "apparently I'm the reincarnation of some king or ruler in the past" gimmick. Well, it was fine when they did that with Yugi, but with Judai?

He was supposed to be the lucky school idiot. I mean, I wouldn't have been surprised if it turned into a love/comedy with cards in the fray, but they took it in a kinda weird direction after the shadow riders got into the show.

Revolutionary

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #210 on: August 06, 2009, 06:06:31 AM
I know. I hope not. I mean, he is the chosen one to be a signer, but I hope it ends at that. But with the "different" approach they were trying with this show, we might not see any of that.
and i better not see any HAX Yugi like the last episode of GX.
seriously. He's pulling off hocus pocus magic tricks (Kaiba trademarked 8D)  without a puzzle.
WTF.

Offline Romantic Fool

• Since 1995
  • B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #211 on: August 06, 2009, 07:43:07 AM
I though HAX yugi was fine as a final boss in the last ep of GX. It was just pretty over the top, and epic, and to be honest, I thought it was perfectly appropriate.

Revolutionary

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #212 on: August 06, 2009, 07:49:44 AM
How the hell does Yugi Pull off Magic when he doesnt even have the Puzzle anymore. The fact that 4Kids used Dan Green for all of his appearances didn't help either.

Offline Romantic Fool

• Since 1995
  • B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #213 on: August 06, 2009, 08:30:54 AM
Meh, I still enjoyed it. Even though that really doesn't make sense. I still enjoyed the last two eps.

Revolutionary

Archer

Reply #214 on: August 06, 2009, 12:48:09 PM
How the hell does Yugi Pull off Magic when he doesnt even have the Puzzle anymore.
Duel Monster cards can do anything.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #215 on: August 06, 2009, 07:33:23 PM
whatever. It wasnt a bad ep, It just somewhat bothered me that there was no explanation of how Yugi has seemingly evolved into Yami Yugi even without the puzzle.

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #216 on: August 06, 2009, 09:38:26 PM
whatever. It wasnt a bad ep, It just somewhat bothered me that there was no explanation of how Yugi has seemingly evolved into Yami Yugi even without the puzzle.
JUDAI TRAVELED TO THE PAST! It was there where Yugi "evolved" into Yami.

Or so I remember.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #217 on: August 07, 2009, 12:32:10 AM
What I mean, is Yugi suddenly can do the [parasitic bomb] Yami does, without the puzzle, and is all mysterious like him now too.  When he went back in time, Yugi still had the puzzle then.

Archer

Reply #218 on: August 07, 2009, 04:10:47 AM
Yugi didn't do anything. The cards did. When Judai picked up Hane Kuriboh's card.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #219 on: August 07, 2009, 04:12:35 AM
Yugi KNEW it would happen though. Like he set it up on purpose.

Archer

Reply #220 on: August 07, 2009, 04:13:37 AM
Because... the spirits told him? I don't know. Maybe a friend at the gym told him.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #221 on: August 07, 2009, 05:03:50 AM
Exactly my point.

Archer

Reply #222 on: August 07, 2009, 06:03:25 AM
It's GX. Things stopped making sense long before that.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #223 on: August 07, 2009, 06:18:38 AM
true. true.
Actually, the moment they introduced the concept of a del academy, any sense flew out the window, since we never see them learning anything other than card games.

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #224 on: August 07, 2009, 10:14:19 AM
The idea of Duel Academy was retarded and stupid. And it would have worked like magic if only they kept the not-so-serious attitude of the show.
THEN SUDENNLY:
DARKNESS
SHADOWS
MONSTER WORLDS
HELL KAISERS
ASSOCIATIONS OF LIGHT
HERMAPHRODITE DUEL MONSTERS
SUPREME KINGS HAOUS

Meh.