Yugioh 5 D's

Flame · 95114

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #125 on: June 16, 2009, 11:47:33 AM
The dub is funny. but it is also dramatic. and that sad factor overshadows any humorous bits.
Wait, WHAT?! Dub is dramatic? As in, more serious than original? Are you... are you watching the same dub as me? Because I don't think so.
The dub is everything but "dramatic". Any dramatic moments from the original are either ruined by puns, or TOO MUCH GODDAMN DIALOGUE! Altough, it's not as bad as in GX case. Brrr.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #126 on: June 18, 2009, 12:02:04 AM
I meant dramatic as in just really sad to watch, as in, "Ooooh why oh why oh why...." kind of sad. not sad as in good.

Posted on: June 16, 2009, 15:18:01
Hmmm... looks like crow and Jack get their asses handed to them and Yusei is the only one left.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Saber

• King of Knights
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「Archetype Hero」
    • View Profile
Reply #127 on: June 18, 2009, 07:47:06 AM
Hmmm... looks like crow and Jack get their asses handed to them and Yusei is the only one left.

Did you ever suspect that it wouldn't be like this? Yusei is the main character afterall. The same thing already happened in the past, like when Kaiba fell during his Tag Duel with Yugi against Dartz, or when Johan was defeated while fighting with Judai against Fujiwara.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #128 on: June 18, 2009, 08:06:58 AM
no, I didnt see this 3 o 1 duel coming. I didnt see Dark Godwin coming either....

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #129 on: June 18, 2009, 08:47:38 PM
I didnt see Dark Godwin coming either....
And who did? Godwin in season 2 seemed like an a-ok guy. Very much so. Then suddenly he's like "I WILL BECOME AN ULTIMATE GOD LAWL!"

This is kind of like Sora Kake Girl. Where suddenly... well, nevermind. : >

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #130 on: June 18, 2009, 08:57:24 PM
yeah... One assumed he just had  a crappy personality. But he tuns out to be worse than his brother. I mean, I actually kind of felt Rudger was dissapointed by the turn of events. he was expecting Rex to defeat him with the dark Signers, but Rex actually just gave up on purpous. (His deck was filled with nothing but trap cards)
Wonder what next season holds.

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #131 on: June 18, 2009, 09:05:05 PM
Hopefully it holds Carly x Jack and Yusei x Aki ROMANCE.

Who am I kidding? This is Yu-gi-oh. There will be no romance. ONLY CARD GAMES.

ON MOTORBIKES!

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #132 on: June 18, 2009, 09:25:47 PM
THE FUTURE.

THE ONLY PLACE WHERE GROWN MEN CAN PLAY CHILDRENS CARD GAMES
ON MOTORBIKES-

Offline Romantic Fool

• Since 1995
  • B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #133 on: June 19, 2009, 02:52:08 AM
Still makes for a good show for kids. It's painful watching the dub though.

Revolutionary

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #134 on: June 19, 2009, 03:06:06 AM
Funny, listening to the mere concept sounds horrible, yet I found it to be a interesting concept. (more interesting than other gimmicks they tried introducing in previous Yugiohs...)

Offline Saber

• King of Knights
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「Archetype Hero」
    • View Profile
Reply #135 on: June 19, 2009, 08:35:31 AM
Funny, listening to the mere concept sounds horrible, yet I found it to be a interesting concept.

Like Mobile Fighter G Gundam. You look at the concept on paper and think "This is nuts". But when you watch it, it's as awesome as it can get.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #136 on: June 19, 2009, 08:38:34 AM
yeah... Kinda like that I guess.
Though I suppose if we watched the original Yugioh in its native uncut form, we'd probably like it more. (nothing can save GX though unfortunately. Except maybe Alexis' rack.)

Offline Romantic Fool

• Since 1995
  • B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #137 on: June 19, 2009, 11:57:28 AM
They tried to save gx in the fourth season, but they just kinda.......yeah.....well, it was just so rushed what with the random big bad coming in.

Revolutionary

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #138 on: June 19, 2009, 07:44:24 PM
only there near the end did they finally try to save GX with what it probably should have been from the start.

Offline Romantic Fool

• Since 1995
  • B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #139 on: June 20, 2009, 03:05:50 AM
Yesh.....yugi vs. judai.

That was pretty epic, and probably the best ep of GX, imo. Well, that and maybe yubel vs. judai.

Revolutionary

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #140 on: June 20, 2009, 03:56:21 AM
I appreciated how Jaden seemingly got more mature later on in the show. even the look in his eyes is different. (and no, I do not mean the way they turn yellow.)

Archer

Reply #141 on: June 20, 2009, 05:50:50 PM
the best ep of GX, imo.
It was two episodes.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #142 on: June 20, 2009, 07:57:57 PM
Man, 5D's music has really gotten really good in the second season. Im soo anxious for Sound duel 2.
also, Crow has 1 LP. I must say, he was pretty awesome when he just started flying on his motorcycle. That bike always was pretty cool cuz of that.

Offline Romantic Fool

• Since 1995
  • B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #143 on: June 20, 2009, 09:01:20 PM
It was two episodes.

Meh, I blame the ADHD and conspiracies plotted against me.

Man, 5D's music has really gotten really good in the second season. Im soo anxious for Sound duel 2.
also, Crow has 1 LP. I must say, he was pretty awesome when he just started flying on his motorcycle. That bike always was pretty cool cuz of that.

That was pretty good. Ah, but that just means that Jack's going to do something to make that over glorified condor hit him instead of yusei. 

Revolutionary

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #144 on: June 20, 2009, 09:20:05 PM
That was pretty good. Ah, but that just means that Jack's going to do something to make that over glorified condor hit him instead of yusei. 
Oh, oh!

---------------

Jack gets hit by the condor, and his Duel Runn... I mean, D-Wheel falls to the ground along with him. He thinks to himself:

-"I will see you soon, my dear Carly."

And then Carly's ghost appears before him and she's like:

-"What the [tornado fang] are you doing, Jack?! I did not die just so you can die too. Up you go, and kick his ass."

So, Carly using her power of ghostiness brings Jack back on the tracks and he wins the duel with the power of LOVE.

The End of Season 2

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #145 on: June 20, 2009, 09:45:50 PM
lol. silly Kharaxel, everyone knows the Main titular character has to beat him! Meaning Yugi is going to jump down and be all BEHOLD MY POWER! on Godwin, even without the puzzle, just like he did in GX.
and Yusei is going to be like, What!? and Yugi will give him some bullshit speech about the heart of the cards and dissapear again.
End season 2.

Offline SoulAnimal

• PB's Fangirl
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Protoman? :3
    • View Profile
Reply #146 on: June 20, 2009, 11:25:43 PM
( My own opinion , no offence )
EVERYONE DIES
end of season 2  8D

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #147 on: June 21, 2009, 01:12:53 PM
lol. silly Kharaxel, everyone knows the Main titular character has to beat him! Meaning Yugi is going to jump down and be all BEHOLD MY POWER! on Godwin, even without the puzzle, just like he did in GX.
and Yusei is going to be like, What!? and Yugi will give him some bullshit speech about the heart of the cards and dissapear again.
End season 2.

OH FFFFFFFFFFFFFff..!

Offline Saber

• King of Knights
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「Archetype Hero」
    • View Profile
Reply #148 on: June 27, 2009, 08:53:44 PM
Just as I thought, they all got revived save for Godwin, Rudger and Demak. And Carly appears to not remember much from what happened between her and Jack during that duel >__>

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #149 on: June 27, 2009, 09:55:36 PM
My niece really likes this show, and now she wants to get into the card game.

Oh man, me nerding her out and keeping her off drugs just pretty much got complete!  I can start to work on the next niece now!   8D