Yugioh 5 D's

Flame · 95207

Offline Romantic Fool

• Since 1995
  • B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #100 on: June 03, 2009, 06:32:39 AM
I miss carly already. I mean it'd be so much more awesome if they had the art director for ep 57, I mean ep 57 looked really good. Especially with the eyes for some reason.

Revolutionary

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #101 on: June 03, 2009, 08:12:36 AM
Where is Jack at? He's like, nowhere to be found in 60...

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Saber

• King of Knights
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「Archetype Hero」
    • View Profile
Reply #102 on: June 04, 2009, 11:26:28 AM
I just hope that Divine is dead for good now. Can't stand that [dark hold] and his manipulation of Aki (was I the only one who found it wierd that Aki's hair was back to it's normal style right when the duel ended? I like her with open hair actually). I must say though, that 5D's is pissing me off a little right now, because more or less all of the Dark Signers' hatred for one of the Signers was not justified in the end but merely orchestrated from behind the shadows or were pure misunderstandings.

So...Godwin suddenly is the bad guy again. I figured as much, but not so suddenly and not so boldly, already in the Preview.

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #103 on: June 04, 2009, 01:29:16 PM
Wait... Godwin is the badguy again? WHAT THE HELL?! If that's really true, then it's a really lame plot twist. srsly.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #104 on: June 05, 2009, 05:29:59 AM
would you be surpried though? I mean I always saw it as, even if he was the "good guy" he was still doing things for his own personal reasons.

Posted on: June 04, 2009, 13:46:28
whoa. saw the preview.
Im actually surprised. I mean, I didn't expect him to also have both gods. WTF is it with him and Rudger, seriously?

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Saber

• King of Knights
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「Archetype Hero」
    • View Profile
Reply #105 on: June 06, 2009, 11:17:12 PM
For whatever reason, it appears that Marvelous Entertainment, the publisher of all the 5D's media related stuff in Japan has CANCELLED the release of Sound Duel 02. That is at least what CD Japan says about it. There's no reasons given so far or any official info on MMV's website, but Tatsu no Kiba and Janime are already going crazy over this. I just hope that the release is only being delayed (since they already had problem with the tracks on the first pressing of Sound Duel 01) and not a complete cancelation.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #106 on: June 06, 2009, 11:26:22 PM
If its a complete cancellation Im going to rage.
Hopefully it is a delay, due to the big errors the first sound duel had, what with wrong tracks and all that.

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #107 on: June 08, 2009, 07:16:09 PM
So from what I read on Janime... Godwin wants to [spoiler]BECOME A GOD. GODwin. become a GOD. You gotta be shittin' me.[/spoiler]

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #108 on: June 09, 2009, 08:41:00 PM
Oh lol. shoulda seen that comin' huh.

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #109 on: June 10, 2009, 11:54:55 PM
Oh lol. shoulda seen that comin' huh.
Also, apparently...
[spoiler]HE'S THE LEGENDARY D-WHEELER. Go figure.[/spoiler]

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #110 on: June 11, 2009, 06:41:10 AM
Also, apparently...
[spoiler]HE'S THE LEGENDARY D-WHEELER. Go figure.[/spoiler]
what, the one who tried to build that bridge? That does not surprise me at all. I suspected as much when we learned that He was once on satellite... Didnt he once reference him as well?

Offline Romantic Fool

• Since 1995
  • B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #111 on: June 12, 2009, 03:42:13 AM
FFFF- WAT.

I swear though, 3 on 1 riding duel is pretty cool I guess, but I just kinda lost it when Godwin stole the signer marks.

Revolutionary

Offline Saber

• King of Knights
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「Archetype Hero」
    • View Profile
Reply #112 on: June 12, 2009, 01:09:03 PM
Semi-confirmed Update on Sound Duel 2:

Apparently some Japanese guy wrote an E-Mail to Marvelous Entertainment concerning Sound Duel 2. From what's been posted on 2ch and later on found it's way to Janime, Sound Duel 2 is NOT cancelled, but has been pushed back to Autumn/Winter because additional music is supposed to be put on it. I've been reading some stuff about a 10th Anniversary and that some big stuff is supposed to be coming up. I'm assuming they're talking about the Anniversary of the Duel Monsters anime, which started on April 8th 2000.

http://janime.eu/showpost.php?p=1842144&postcount=90

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #113 on: June 14, 2009, 03:51:14 AM
FFFF- WAT.

I swear though, 3 on 1 riding duel is pretty cool I guess, but I just kinda lost it when Godwin stole the signer marks.

yeah. all cuz he has the head does not warrant his ability to take them all... though I guess with the power of the dark Signer...
hm... just watched 62. I found it funny how he just suddenly became buff. also, I feel sorry for Rudger. He trusted his brother to stop him, to save the world, and his brother then goes and says screw that. im gonna take yor place instead, the place you were going to have. K? Ok, ill be a dark Signer now. with Rudger kinda like, WTF! come on! you promised!

Well, looks like Yusei won't get his bridge after all.

Offline Saber

• King of Knights
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「Archetype Hero」
    • View Profile
Reply #114 on: June 14, 2009, 11:39:45 AM
Well, looks like Yusei won't get his bridge after all.

Don't worry, he'll be fine with Aki and resurrected Kiryu as his consolation prize.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #115 on: June 14, 2009, 03:14:31 PM
IF the Dark Signers get resurrected as their former selves that is. also, if those like Kiryu and Carly get resurrected as their human selves, then by that logic, shouldn't Rudger and Godwin come back as their former selves as well? technically, they were victims as well. Godwin accepted it much like Bommer did, and Rudger became a Dark Signer by accident. so if Godwin does come back, he might just build that bridge.
but that's a resounding IF on him coming back. he might go the path of all supervillains, and die for good, regardless of circumstances.
Also, I think its pretty awesome how they're just riding on the condor geoglyph in the sky. Haha... so when they win, they go splat. XD

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #116 on: June 14, 2009, 06:40:07 PM
Well, I really hope Carly will return. We could have some really lovey dovey crap with her and Jack. Especially, since 5D's is not ending after Dark Signer Arc.

On the other hand, it would mean, that other DS would come back aswell, and then, 4Kids would have an excuse to say "LOOKIE HERE! THEY WERE IN SHADOW REALM BUT NOW THEY ARE NOT! ISN'T THAT'S JUST SWEEET?! MINTY SPARKLY WEEE! BUY OUR [parasitic bomb]!", and I hate this. I really, really hate this.

But on another(THIRD?!) hand, maybe 4Kids will stop dubbing 5D's after Dark Signer arc? And they will pull off [parasitic bomb] like: "EVERY DARK SIGNER CAME BACK TO LIFE! EVERYTHING IS JUST AWWWRIGHT! MINTY SPARKLY WEEE! BUY OUR [parasitic bomb]!". I will RAGE even more.

Offline Saber

• King of Knights
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「Archetype Hero」
    • View Profile
Reply #117 on: June 14, 2009, 07:06:56 PM
Perhaps the Crimson Dragon has the power to purify them or something like that >__> I don't really care about Kiryu or Misty, but I want Carly back because Carly's awesome.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #118 on: June 14, 2009, 07:09:52 PM
mmm... how do you know it wont end? (besides the obvious reason that Yugioh always drags on .) after all, Takahashi really didnt want to make another Yugioh. He only did it because the producers were good drinking buddies and he said well hell why not... if it ended now, it would be perfect.
as for me, I wish Funimation would buy the license from 4kids. they could do it right. uncut. unedited.

Offline Saber

• King of Knights
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「Archetype Hero」
    • View Profile
Reply #119 on: June 14, 2009, 07:59:05 PM
I wish Funimation would buy the license from 4kids. they could do it right. uncut. unedited.

I'd even import that.

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #120 on: June 14, 2009, 10:48:39 PM
mmm... how do you know it wont end? (besides the obvious reason that Yugioh always drags on .) after all, Takahashi really didnt want to make another Yugioh. He only did it because the producers were good drinking buddies and he said well hell why not... if it ended now, it would be perfect.
I know, because there are episode previews(written, not video) and titles going after Dark Signer arc. And it's supposed to happen 6 months after it, as in, the third season.
Sure, it would be nice if ended just like that, YGO is too big of a cash cow to just let it go. Also, they still have to explain that mystery dude with his face in shadows who's from Yliaster.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #121 on: June 15, 2009, 04:45:21 AM
not really. they dont have to explain him if they dont want to. thought it might go from the Dark Signers to Yillaster. also, am I the only one who wants to se a 50something year old Kaiba cameo?

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #122 on: June 15, 2009, 08:01:54 PM
also, am I the only one who wants to se a 50something year old Kaiba cameo?
We will see a cameo all right. Except he will look just like he looked in DM and GX.

Also, I watched episode 31 of the dub. It was a strange experience. Listening to Carly secks voice, and Jack's OHMYGODBAKURA voice, was kind of strange. Still, I even made a shitty ytpmv, but [tornado fang] that.

I like that when Carly dressed up Jack in those "disguise clothes" he said that he looks like Disco Reject, even tough in his usual get up, he looks even more ridiculous.

God. I love Ted Lewis.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #123 on: June 16, 2009, 07:49:12 AM
The dub is funny. but it is also dramatic. and that sad factor overshadows any humorous bits. I cry at the dub. And wish that some day, maybe, Funimation would decide to buy Yugioh from 4shits... Funimation. a MUCH better group. We would (hopefully) see the yugioh 4shits denied us.

Offline Pringer X

• Ultimate Super Robot
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Pringer Beam!
    • View Profile
Reply #124 on: June 16, 2009, 07:59:38 AM
The only reason why I'd remotely care about this series is if someone does an Abridged out of it.

Speaking of which, does anyone know if there's a list of abridged shonen jump anime that are good? I've been thinking about doing one if I can get some peoples together.