Klavier Gavin · 79684

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #200 on: January 16, 2009, 09:15:34 PM
...Good eye, Jelly. I didn't even notice that. There's a severe lack of rings in this game. Not that that's a major complaint, but it does deserve a "WTF?"

EDIT: Apparently, you get rings in sacks. They don't seem to be free range.

Must be the fact that Sonic knows Rakkujin. that move was cheap in the X series.

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline STM

• says you shouldn't play with your
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Reply #201 on: January 16, 2009, 09:16:50 PM
I was thinking the King imposed a ring tax because he's a dick. 8D

Also, since apparently Merlina is Sharha... why am I expecting the Black Knight to look like Erazor?

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #202 on: January 16, 2009, 09:24:33 PM
i'm not going to give a verdict till i actually play the damn thing. cause my inner childhood compels me to try it out. but lessons learned from recent Sonics:

1) NEVER judge a game by its trailer.
2) expect the worst, so if it turns out to be crap, you won't be disappointed.

SEGA's cohorts have been here.. too long. What's next, XvZ theme during the faithful boss fight between Sonic and Shadow?

you totally missed the point.

Rakkujin

which move now?

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Gaia

• Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #203 on: January 16, 2009, 09:29:38 PM
i'm not going to give a verdict till i actually play the damn thing. cause my inner childhood compels me to try it out. but lessons learned from recent Sonics:

1) NEVER judge a game by its trailer.
2) expect the worst, so if it turns out to be crap, you won't be disappointed.

you totally missed the point.

which move now?

I think it was the rolling slash. but still, I swear some of those moves in the gameplay scream Zero. But I have my expectations, game looks fun to play.

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

Offline STM

• Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Reply #204 on: January 16, 2009, 09:31:30 PM
I think he means the Kuuenbu in X4, which returned in X5 and is extremely useful for obliterating Sigma's second form rapidly.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
Reply #205 on: January 16, 2009, 09:38:22 PM
i know what move it is. i'm just saying that Rakkujin isn't one of them. or any of Zero's moves.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Gaia

• Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #206 on: January 16, 2009, 09:42:19 PM
i know what move it is. i'm just saying that Rakkujin isn't one of them. or any of Zero's moves.

Still, they look similar.. creepy on sega's part.

Offline STM

• Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Reply #207 on: January 16, 2009, 10:41:25 PM
Not really... Sonic spins when he jumps. Sonic is now holding a sword...

:V

Posted on: January 16, 2009, 03:43:11 PM
http://wii.ign.com/dor/objects/14268379/sonic--the-black-knight-/videos/sonicknight_trailer_011609.html

SoA's turn at a trailer. Few things to note... aside from sharing a few clips and the somewhat better Gioeli-less theme, you'll see the game in 2D perspective, one, and two, toward the end, Sonic in full Knight style... and very likely what the "final form" will look like.

It still makes me conduct face-palm interfacing, but whatever. Enjoy it, people who like this game.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #208 on: January 16, 2009, 10:47:51 PM
vocal Knight of the Wind > instrumental Knight of the Wind
(EDITS: Speaking of themes, I just got the idea of looking up the Sonic Unleashed theme on YouTube.  As soon as I'm done cleansing my ears with peroxide, I'm signing up Matt Cassamasina for yet another boot to the head for claiming that such a pile of puke somehow beats the 80's rock style themes.)

The idea of full armor being the possible final form isn't my favorite, but I guess we can't have Darkspine Sonic in every storybook game, can we?

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Klavier Gavin

• RPM Soldier
  • Einspruch!
    • View Profile
Reply #209 on: January 16, 2009, 11:02:04 PM
vocal Knight of the Wind > instrumental Knight of the Wind

Quoted for [tornado fang]ing truth.

Offline STM

• Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Reply #210 on: January 16, 2009, 11:02:39 PM
Well, it wouldn't make much sense for Darkspines, given that I believe it's the Golden Knight that beats the Black Knight, at least as far as the usual story is concerned.

It does seem that the opening, transformation and ending scenes are rendered by the same people who did the animation for Unleashed HD (and several of its cutscenes) and night of the werehog. It's a shame the rest of the game couldn't get a little bit of a face lift too. Again, aside from the dominant level colors changing, it doesn't look all that different visually from Secret Rings, making it look cheap.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #211 on: January 16, 2009, 11:28:51 PM

I'm highly disappointed in the armor.

Offline Gaia

• Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #212 on: January 16, 2009, 11:37:37 PM

I'm highly disappointed in the armor.

Okay, but I think they did that to keep track at the theme, seeing Darkspine was the god of persia under a diffrent persona, I belive in Rings.

who put flood control?

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
Reply #213 on: January 16, 2009, 11:43:30 PM
alright, i can live with the sword. but the armor is just plain stupid. if they really wanted a gold knight, what's wrong with just giving Super Sonic the sword?

my expectations are a few points lower now. come on, Sega. prove me wrong. i DARE you.

Offline STM

• Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Reply #214 on: January 16, 2009, 11:45:56 PM
If they put in Super Sonic, he'd just chuck the sword away and kill things on his own. He did a nice job of shooting Dark Gaia in the head, after all. Completely Kid Goku vs. King Piccolo'd him.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
Reply #215 on: January 16, 2009, 11:49:39 PM
i'm thinking SS could bust out some slick sword moves. all Segs has to do is watch a few episodes of the Future Trunks arc.

*pictures SS vertically bisecting the Black Knight*

Offline STM

• Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Reply #216 on: January 17, 2009, 12:03:56 AM
That would be pretty sweet... but this is Sega, that won't happen. I bet you it'll end in some friendship speech moment, which even Unleashed ended with... and accented with that god-awful credits song, "My Best Friend."

Ugh... I'd have been happy with just Endless Possibility, the main orchestrated theme and then Apotos Day.

Offline Pringer X

• Ultimate Super Robot
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Pringer Beam!
    • View Profile
Reply #217 on: January 17, 2009, 12:49:44 AM
That would be pretty sweet... but this is Sega, that won't happen. I bet you it'll end in some friendship speech moment, which even Unleashed ended with... and accented with that god-awful credits song, "My Best Friend."

Ugh... I'd have been happy with just Endless Possibility, the main orchestrated theme and then Apotos Day.

More than likely your right, especially since the Black Knight was taken over by some evil thing (ya know, the same plot device used in damn near every 'puppet' villain), and in truth is King Arthur.

I just want the game play to be good. I thought Secret Rings was pretty decent, but the controls and some missions screwed up the game (dunno if it's a glitch or not, but on one of those race things with the ball of light, it went from -30 to +70 in a single tick and made me lose the race >< ). Since S&tBK is pretty much in a similar vein, it's better to compare it with Secret Rings. One thing they need to do is say "screw the missions, make it more linear" and go for something like "choose the area and act" rather than do "x amount of missions to continue on". As for the controls, make them a bit more responsive and not faked up. Something like having the Nunchaku and flailing around seems better than having to guide something and the damn blue blur not turn around or back up or whatever even when he's standing still.

Honestly, I like the armor. Considering how it goes with the theme, it's better than Super Sonic wielding a giant sword. Though, what sucks is, there's only going to be one damn level you can play as that form in. How do I know this? Answer me this, when was the last time you could play as Super Sonic whenever the hell you felt like it on a console game?

Offline STM

• Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Reply #218 on: January 17, 2009, 12:58:30 AM
I would assume Brawl doesn't count. :P

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #219 on: January 17, 2009, 02:29:50 AM
On the one hand,
YEAH, SLAP US IN THE FACE SOME MORE, SONIC TEAM.
THE ARMOR GOES SUPER?! PLEASE.

On the other hand,
Well, it does make sense to do that instead, for reasons already explained.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #220 on: January 17, 2009, 04:33:18 AM
What IM tired of is "epic orchestrated final boss music!" its annoying and only has the opposite effect of making it UN epic. why couldnt they just have damn played endless possibilities?
the game looks fun, but I still dont like the premis. leave the weapons to Shadow. we dont like him with them, but he at least has a history with swords and guns and the like. Sonic.... NO. he belongs in loopdeloop worlds with gold rings just lying around. rings in sacks?
fail. its not sonic unless theres rings lying around loose.
so in all, the game looks cool, and fun and pretty, but Ill probably pass. im not digging Sonic with a weapon. even if its nicely done. plus the failden armor. just give supersonic a sword, and be done with it. you dont need to give him a full suit of armor, because it defeats the point of him being super fast. things like armor should be left to knuckles.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Gaia

• Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #221 on: January 17, 2009, 04:47:08 AM

Honestly, I like the armor. Considering how it goes with the theme, it's better than Super Sonic wielding a giant sword. Though, what sucks is, there's only going to be one damn level you can play as that form in. How do I know this? Answer me this, when was the last time you could play as Super Sonic whenever the hell you felt like it on a console game?

Do you by any chance know Final Fantasy Sonic X series by any chance? It's a flash series, but that's not the point. Sonic's fullbody armor does look shiny, don't you think?

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #222 on: January 17, 2009, 05:32:19 AM
i'm thinking SS could bust out some slick sword moves. all Segs has to do is watch a few episodes of the Future Trunks arc.

*pictures SS vertically bisecting the Black Knight*
This.
but this is Sega, that won't happen.
...and this. ;O;

leave the weapons to Shadow.
Ordinarily, I'd agree.  But just for the sake of buzz-saw spin attacks, I'm willing to try the sword.

As for Shadow, well, I realize Sega thinks that guns give him an edgey tone, but why the hell does he need them?  If you want to run with the projectile mechanic (didn't mind it in ShTH; never played Sonic '06), he has Chaos Spear.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #223 on: January 17, 2009, 05:55:23 AM
So I guess it's safe to say that after viewing the two trailers, as well as Gold Ranger Knight Sonic, I'm the only one looking even more forward to this game then before?   8D

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #224 on: January 17, 2009, 05:57:47 AM
Its like why the hell Sonic needs to race in a CAR when he can run faster than one. which applies to Sonic Riders too. why the hell does he need an air board when  he can run past the speed of sound?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZGHwokZtLc

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.