Sonic and the Black Knight

Klavier Gavin · 78317

Offline STM

• says you shouldn't play with your
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Reply #300 on: February 08, 2009, 08:05:19 PM
We've also had some feedback coming in from some of our drones in the Sonic Scene who noted people who played the game looked really bored and unimpressed, including those that were eager to give it a go. Largely, the response has been, "lackluster", "meh", "nothing special"... citing the game felt dull and controlled poorly. PB might be able to shed some light more on this since today's the last day for the convention, I believe, so long as he isn't glued to that lovely little title called Madworld... I wouldn't blame him if he was.

Pretty much, I'm seeing this title setting up to be a failure. However, since the Wii is lacking anything resembling a game (discounting the buckets and buckets of licensed tripe shovelware) with the last "good" title being Sonic Unleashed, this one will still sell.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #301 on: February 08, 2009, 08:10:46 PM
From what I've heard I believe Deadly Creatures would be a better place to look if you're searching for relief from the Wii drought.

That being said......hey, it's Sonic, and it has a good theme song.  I KNOW I'll buy it, it's just a matter of whether or not I'll be patient enough to wait for the price drop.  Which at this rate I probably will.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #302 on: February 08, 2009, 08:17:11 PM
Pretty much, I'm seeing this title setting up to be a failure. However, since the Wii is lacking anything resembling a game (discounting the buckets and buckets of licensed tripe shovelware) with the last "good" title being Sonic Unleashed, this one will still sell.

That can only be said for NA to be honest.

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline STM

• Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Reply #303 on: February 08, 2009, 08:31:22 PM
That can only be said for NA to be honest.
Very much so... and possibly Europe. Japan's a whole different beast.

Offline Kieran

• He's just a
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #304 on: February 09, 2009, 02:46:18 AM

Depending on your definition of "good," I would presume.

The Other Side
http://www.crowdedstreet.net
irc.esper.net #theotherside

Commander Shepard: *stares blankly at a video of scantily clad asari dancers* ...What kind of hotel is this?
Liara T'Soni: It is a luxury resort with an... exotic edge.  Azure is slang for a part of the asari body in some places on Illium.
Shepard: Where?
Liara: The lower reaches, near the bottom.
Shepard: I meant, "where on the asari body?"
Liara: So did I.

Offline STM

• Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Reply #305 on: February 09, 2009, 03:13:14 AM
Good is subjective, of course.  But in this case, it seem a few people seem to regard the Wii version of Unleashed as pretty good.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #306 on: February 09, 2009, 03:27:39 AM
Near every Sonic game gets a luke-warm reception at release.  Some avid opposition and some supporters.  If even Heroes had its supporters, then "a few people regard it as pretty good" doesn't say anything.  Personally, I'm a huge skeptic of the were-hog and I found the main theme song of the game to be positively ear-splitting, so I'm not all that anxious to buy it right away, especially for what is effectively half a good game.  I already did that for NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams and regretted it.  Maybe when it's cheap I'll back-track.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline HokutoNoBen

• We Are Living! Living in 90s...90s...90s...
  • RPM Soldier
  • Nyohohoho~!
    • View Profile
Reply #307 on: February 09, 2009, 03:37:58 AM
Japan's a whole different beast.

Pretty much. Ideally, the last half of the year is going to be so jam-packed with goodness, there will be no doubt that the Wii will deliver in Japan. And I'm sure TGS '09 will keep the ball rolling well into 2010.

It's the US that needs more though. Hopefully E3 will stand to deliver on what the West can stand to get too.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #308 on: February 09, 2009, 10:56:53 PM
Good is subjective, of course.  But in this case, it seem a few people seem to regard the Wii version of Unleashed as pretty good.
well, its good for what it is. as a "game" its alright. the motion controls are a nice touch. as Sonic Unleashed however, it fails miserably.
same for the PS2 version.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #309 on: February 10, 2009, 11:11:21 PM

Offline Klavier Gavin

• RPM Soldier
  • Einspruch!
    • View Profile
Reply #310 on: February 11, 2009, 07:44:54 AM
I don't remember seeing any pictures of Blaze anywhere. So, here.

Posted on: February 11, 2009, 12:31:41 AM

Offline Waifu

• Ultimate Despair
  • Master's Unit
  • Kanako, the Moriya Shrine Goddess
    • View Profile
Reply #311 on: February 11, 2009, 08:01:41 AM
Yay, dual wielding Knux!  8)

Offline Klavier Gavin

• RPM Soldier
  • Einspruch!
    • View Profile
Reply #312 on: February 11, 2009, 08:06:47 AM
Also, It's been confirmed that Lee Brotherton/Bentley Jones is doing a song(?) for Sonic and the Black Knight. Yay?

Quote from: Bentley Jones
"Remember that new track I mentioned? Well, tomorrow and this week I’ll be finishing a little something for Sonic and the Black Knight.

It seems I just can’t escape the little blue guy…  (^___-)"

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #313 on: February 11, 2009, 08:09:59 AM
Okay, the name Deathcalibur just got me really wanting this game again!  8)

Offline VirusChris

• Virakin of the Darkness Arcana
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I'm the guy people hate
    • View Profile
Reply #314 on: February 11, 2009, 01:07:30 PM
W-W-What!? Silver's in too!?

"Spirit-Soul Fusion! Invoke... VIRUS CROSS!!!" ~ Quote from my Virakins global project
JP PSN: UirusuKurisu
Official Husband of Fox Caster from Fate/Extra <3

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #315 on: February 11, 2009, 01:29:20 PM
what he said. I mean, seriously.
though i guess it cant be helped...

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline STM

• Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Reply #316 on: February 11, 2009, 04:16:20 PM
You guys honestly didn't see Silver coming? He got a bit of a following from Sonic Next and has gained a few more from, of all places, the Archie comic in the current storyline.

Also, Bentley Jones, the guy who did Dreams of an Absolution in Sonic Next, confirmed he did a song for Sonic and the Black Night (likely a remix for Silver's theme), and will apparently be releasing it on his myspace sometime today or this week. Just a little tidbit for the music lovers out there.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #317 on: February 11, 2009, 04:30:27 PM

Seeing how he has no profile, I'm gonna say that he's multiplayer only.

Offline Klavier Gavin

• RPM Soldier
  • Einspruch!
    • View Profile
Reply #318 on: February 11, 2009, 05:08:35 PM
Seeing how he has no profile, I'm gonna say that he's multiplayer only.

So? Amy doesn't have a profile and she's in the game.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #319 on: February 11, 2009, 05:43:47 PM
You've got a point there, however, there's always the chance that he's multiplayer only like in Secret Rings.

Offline STM

• Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Reply #320 on: February 11, 2009, 07:44:17 PM
I have a feeling he'll be in as a boss character. Silver has enough of a popularity (more than Tails... shocking, I know) that I wouldn't be surprised to see him in the story. At the same time, though, how Sonic will recognize him outside of making Rivals "continuity" (like the Mario series, Sonic's is very loosely defined to almost non-existent) remains to be seen.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #321 on: February 11, 2009, 11:03:19 PM

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #322 on: February 11, 2009, 11:05:10 PM
I'm calling it now:

Evil Arthur will become a normal guy again and then look like Sonic.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #323 on: February 12, 2009, 12:52:21 PM
I have a feeling he'll be in as a boss character. Silver has enough of a popularity (more than Tails... shocking, I know) that I wouldn't be surprised to see him in the story. At the same time, though, how Sonic will recognize him outside of making Rivals "continuity" (like the Mario series, Sonic's is very loosely defined to almost non-existent) remains to be seen.
well, Ive never quite seen the Secret rings storybook Sonic "series" as cannon... dunno, but it just seems like a little side story till they come up with something in the main storyline. besides, if they could make a game where the story involves them going back in time and basically making the events of the game NEVER have happened, then anythings ossible.

Offline Klavier Gavin

• RPM Soldier
  • Einspruch!
    • View Profile
Reply #324 on: February 14, 2009, 05:08:14 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wm8aXeDm2oM

If that remix is in the game, it's a day one purchase for me even if my Wii hasn't arrived by then.