Mega Man Unlimited.
This first post is a basic overview of the game, additional posts in the thread will include more up to date news on the games progress and any other cool tidbits, like art and screenies.The Official Mega Man Unlimited Trailer. French Mega Man Unlimited Commercial.
- Final Bosses and final sequence of events. (Only final boss + cutscenes to finish)
- Targeting spot for Yoku Attack and Jet Missile. (Only x flipping of offset to fix)Todo:
- Enemy projectiles reactions to Megaman's weapons. (Being able to destroy projectiles etc...)
- Pause Menu Energy and Weapon Tanks Functionality.
- Gameflow. (Running out of lives takes you to game over, stages don't have a boss after beating him, etc...)
- Serialization. (80% done (Gab))
- Boss Door colors. (per level) (Shouldn't take long)
- Title Screen.
- Menus. (Main Menu, Options, Game Over, Save, Load, etc...)
- Shop Menu.
- Shop Exclusive Items. (Eddie Call, Spike Shield, Beat Rescue...)
- Weapon Absorb sequence. (Can't really do it in cutscene engine because of the various terrain layouts)
- CometWoman song final polish. (Kevvviiinnn - Phil)
- (Ending) Cast Medley Song. (Kevvviiinnn)
- (Ending) Cast Cutscene. (Need Medley Song)
- Fix bugs.Done:
- All robot master stages and bosses are completed except minor details.
- Stage Select screen completed.
- Wily stages. 90%
- Level enemies: 100%
- MM Weapons. ( 95% ):
- Rush Coil. (Some bugs left to fix)
- Rush Jet. (Some bugs left to fix)
- Comet Dash.
- Glue Shot.
- Rainbow Beam.
- Yo-yo Cutter.
- Tank Arsenal.
- Yoku Attack. (Only Targeting Spot x flipping of offset to fix)
- Jet Missile. (Only Targeting Spot x flipping of offset to fix)
- Nitro Blast.
- Nail Shield.
- Cutscene engine.
- Cutscenes. (95% Done)
- Wily Boss #1.
- Wily Boss #2.
- Wily Boss #3.
- Wily's Robot Master Teleporters.
- Load game.
- Pause Menu.
- Robot Master Hurt VFX.
- Yoku Man Stage Maze Gameplay.
- Nail Shield Spread trajectories.
- Water Particle Effects. (Splash, Air Bubbles)
- Boss Health Meter Colors.
- Show Icons of Special Weapons above Megaman's head when switching weapons.
Game made using C++ in Visual Studio.
Mega Man Unlimited is a fan-game by MegaPhilX. Music is provided by Kevvviiinnn, ThunderThouin and MegaPhilX. Direction, Art and Game Design is by MegaPhilX and Programming is by Jean-Simon Brochu, Gabriel LeBlanc, Jocelyn Perreault.
The game follows the classic Mega Man series. It mimics the 8-bit NES Mega Man games gameplay and overall design. It is similar to Mega Man 9 in design philosophy and of course, inspired by CAPCOM.
Since Mega Man 9 is very much inspired by Mega Man 2, Mega Man Unlimited draws alot of subtle similarities to Mega Man 3.
The story of this game follows after any of the latest Mega Man games CAPCOM may produce.
In the year 20XX AD,
Dr Wily’s robots are rampaging through the world once again but the evil scientist shows up and confesses to Dr light that he didn’t want his robots to go berserk and has no clue why this is happening. Maybe he is not so evil after all...
Working with Dr Wily, Dr light finds out that a mysterious force is controlling Wily’s robots. But before having the time to think twice, a mysterious robot fires a shot at Mega Man and in a flash, kidnaps Dr Wily and teleports away.
MegaMan sets out to battle Wily’s creations once again, hoping to find out the truth about this mystery...
___________________________________Mega Man Controls.
Mega Man controls just like the 8-bit NES games. Here are Mega Man’s basic moves:
The game should use any PC controller as well as the keyboard if the user doesn’t have a controller.
- Run – Press LEFT or RIGHT on the directional pad.
- Jump – Press the JUMP button.
- Fire Mega Buster – Press the ATTACK button. (Up to 3 shots on-screen at once.)
- Slide – Hold DOWN on the directional pad + Press the JUMP button.
- Charge Mega Buster - Hold down the ATTACK Button to charge up the Mega Buster and release to shoot. (Unlocked by beating the game once and entering a cheat at the title screen.)
The game avoids including the charge shot feature from the beginning to remain true to the early Mega Man games and force the player to use his weapons in a clever way. The charge shot makes many special weapons useless since it is so powerful.
MMU will be comprised of 13 stages.
8 Robot Master Stages:
- Jet Man Stage.
- Tank Man Stage.
- Nail Man Stage.
- Nitro Man Stage.
- Glue Man Stage.
- Rainbow Man Stage.
- Comet Woman Stage.
- Yo-Yo Man Stage.
1 Secret Robot Master Stage:
- Yoku Man Stage. (Designed by StarsimsUniverse.)
4 Wily Captured Castle Stages.
___________________________________Links to various Mega Man Unlimited Sources.
___________________________________Related Links and News Stories:
(Update from Jeremy Duff of gamingnexus.com whom MegaPhil met at Captivate 2010!)
(Protodude's Rockman Corner Coverage.)
(Article on Destructoid.)
(Article on Screwattack.com.)
(Article on the Mega Man Network.)
(Trailer review on MainEventTV At around 29:10.)
(The Official Mega Man 10 Website, infamous for using artwork and sprites from MMU on their pages by mistake.)
(The fangame was honoured with an article on the Mega Man Wiki!)
(Could never hope to escape the TVTropes Phenomenum!)
(The mileage that might vary with some people.)
___________________________________(Update: 16/06/2012)ORIGINAL ARTWORK.
Here are all the Robot Masters in all their 8-bit Sprite Glory. However, I'm hearing rumours that Tank Man has been completed changed. We'll catch a glimpse of his new design soon when Phil releases new artwork of him on his Facebook and Deviantart pages soon.
Here's the original artwork and line-up, featuring the now demoted Hammer Man.
The Original image can be found here: http://megaphilx.deviantart.com/art/MMUnlimited-Old-Robot-Masters-100812467
Here is Comet Woman's first official picture.
The Original image can be found here: http://megaphilx.deviantart.com/art/MMU-New-Comer-CometWoman-125970839
Here are each Robot Master's full art Data Cards.
The Original image can be found here: http://megaphilx.deviantart.com/art/JetMan-Data-Card-144526966
The Original image can be found here: http://megaphilx.deviantart.com/art/TankMan-Data-Card-146369853
The Original image can be found here: http://megaphilx.deviantart.com/art/NailMan-Data-Card-134868238
The Original image can be found here: http://megaphilx.deviantart.com/art/TrinitroMan-Data-Card-132623855
The Original image can be found here: http://megaphilx.deviantart.com/art/YokuMan-Data-Card-142442257
The Original image can be found here: http://megaphilx.deviantart.com/art/GlueMan-Data-Card-136516901
The Original image can be found here: http://megaphilx.deviantart.com/art/RainbowMan-Data-Card-132378104
The Original image can be found here: http://megaphilx.deviantart.com/art/CometWoman-Data-Card-136159134
The Original image can be found here: http://megaphilx.deviantart.com/art/Yo-YoMan-Data-Card-143111557
Here is the latest artwork of the Robot Master's and their corresponding Silouette from the Trailer that matches it.
The Original artwork can be found here: http://megaphilx.deviantart.com/art/JetMan-308506438
Tank Man's Artwork has yet to be released.
Nail Man's Artwork has yet to be released.
The Original artwork can be found here: http://megaphilx.deviantart.com/art/TrinitroMan-306826169
The Original artwork can be found here: http://megaphilx.deviantart.com/art/YokuMan-302712231
The Original artwork can be found here: http://megaphilx.deviantart.com/art/GlueMan-307300159
Rainbow Man's Artwork has yet to be released.
The Original artwork can be found here: http://megaphilx.deviantart.com/art/Comet-Woman-293295428
Yo-Yo Man's Artwork has yet to be released.
___________________________________ROBOT MASTER WEAPONS.
Here is the artwork for Mega Man's array of weapons in Mega Man Unlimited. (I'll update as more pics surface.)
The Original artwork can be found here: http://megaphilx.deviantart.com/art/Weapon-Jet-Missile-308506315
The Original artwork can be found here: http://megaphilx.deviantart.com/art/Weapon-Nitro-Blast-306825704
The Original artwork can be found here: http://megaphilx.deviantart.com/art/Weapon-Yoku-Attack-302711941
The Original artwork can be found here: http://megaphilx.deviantart.com/art/Weapon-Glue-Shot-307299943
The Original artwork can be found here: http://megaphilx.deviantart.com/art/Weapon-Comet-Dash-293295029
The Original high quality versions of these screenshots can be found in MegaPhil's Facebook page: Here.
There will definately be an official soundtrack released sometime around the time MMU is finished, but for now, here are some of the tracks found on Youtube by the game's various song artists. Be aware that some of these tracks may have altered since these early versions or changed completely.INTRO.
The Tracks from the Intro include:
- City, Work Together and Crisis.
The old versions of these tunes can still be heard in Phils old "Mega Man Unlimited - Story Intro" Video.
- The Title Track has changed many times during the course of the last 5 years. This is the latest version shown online. But is not the final version, to be sure.
(However, there is a sneak peek at the new Title theme in the last few seconds of the new Trailer. From 1:49 onwards.)STAGE SELECT, TANK MAN, BOSS THEME, WEAPON GET.
- The Old Stage Select Theme can be found in this video. Tank Man's original Theme, The Boss Theme and the Weapon Get theme can also be found here.
- This is Jet Man's old theme. I hear that it has been recently changed, who knows what it will sound like now?
- This is the most recent version online of Nail Man's Theme. This one has been through many changes too and the final version is quite different to this too.
- Again, another tune that has gone through quite a change since this version was put online. Quite a few surprised instore once the official soundtrack is released.
- The dreaded Theme Tune to Yoku Man's stage. Don't Trust Your Eyes... and ears as these theme fwooops along while you play.
- A funky tune I've always liked, the music really does sound like its dripping.
- One can only fathom the horror in store when you play this level. The Quick Man beams have returned!
- The ice cold beauty and her spacey theme tune!
- The tune voted the favourite among fans of MMU. It even made it as the Trailer's music.
GAME OVER THEME.
- Its inevitable, all beginner players of MMU will hear this theme at least once.
CAPTURED WILY CASTLE INTRO AND STAGE 1.
- What terror awaits you in the first stage on the final stretch? Who has kidnapped Wily and why?
CAPTURED WILY CASTLE BOSS THEME.
- Its a Wily Stage Boss! What could it possibly be? These bosses are some of the best kept secrets of the game and they're awesome and epic too!
CAPTURED WILY CASTLE STAGE 2.
- Deeper and deeper you go into the castle.
CAPTURED WILY CASTLE STAGE 3.
- I love how each stage song gets more and more foreboding as you get deeper into the castle. Its as if this adventure won't end well....
CAPTURED WILY CASTLE STAGE 4.
- The final stage. The Boss Gauntlet. You know the deal. But who is the final Boss?
- This song is a mystery. Is it end credits music? A secret Stage? Or Something else?
- Kevvviiinnn's awesome medley of all the levels.
(Tank Man Remix by Thunder Ninja 3000)
(Yoku Man Remix by DSKA)
(Glue Man Remix by CandentPallor)
(Wily Stage One Chiptuned by Kevvviiinnn)
(Comet Woman Remix by NewAgeRetroGamer)MegaPhilX's First Q and A
Here is a list of videos where MegaPhilX answers fans questions about Mega Man Unlimited.