The Marvel vs. Capcom 3 Topic (ITS MAHVEL 3 BAYBEE)

Solar · 397842

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #1375 on: January 25, 2011, 10:52:43 PM
I believe you need a new sarcasm detector.

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline STM

• says you shouldn't play with your
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Reply #1376 on: January 25, 2011, 11:01:57 PM
Since when did Mega Man pick up a sword and yell Japanese at enemies?
Tengu Blade.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1377 on: January 26, 2011, 11:41:22 PM
    "I assume you’re talking about the original Mega Man. There was a Mega Man slot for this game – we had room for a character from that series. But when it came to the propriety of that character being in a fighting game, Mega Man has some problems.

If we were to adapt the original Mega Man character into a fighting game he would have to have a lot more extra moves and abilities, and that would then create a different Mega Man entirely.You couldn’t retain his original character as he is. So we looked into other Mega Mans, and decided that Zero had the best list of moves already in existence when it comes to fitting into a fighting game."

"It is almost certain that he is not going to be DLC. Mega Man is a character difficult to adapt to MvC because you only have Megabuster as a weapon and a good character for this fighting game needs more variety. That is the main reason that we chose Zero; apart from the Megabuster, he also carries a sword.

Everything we've announced is that there will be DLC with new characters, but we have not yet decided which and how many will be there, but then we didn't say they're "definitely a no" but "not currently, and it is very unlikely."

Hes just bullshitting that excuse for Rock not being there. Honestly.
because, yknow...

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Karasai♪

• Absolutely Fabulous.
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #1378 on: January 26, 2011, 11:47:41 PM
The fact that a simple MVC3 fan made a extremely awesome moveset for not one, but SIX characters including one that the Producer of the game cant even make?

8D

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1379 on: January 26, 2011, 11:54:41 PM
pretty much.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline AquaTeamV3

• Class SSS Digger
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Your friendly neighborhood digger!
    • View Profile
    • The Digger's Database
Reply #1380 on: January 27, 2011, 12:28:19 AM
Man, this has to be one of the lamest excuses I've ever seen.  Megaman doesn't have enough moves? Really?  I guess it's kinda showing their laziness above all else, though.  Zero and Tron are both copypasta in terms of moveset, minus the Level 3's.  They did re-work Jill Valentine completely from MvC2, though, so...yeah.  o-O

TBPH, I have mixed feelings about the fan-made movesets.  One one hand, they are a step up from Mega's MvC1 system, but they do seem a tad...excessive.  His normals really don't need to be weapons, as he's perfectly capable of punching and kicking on his own, including in the air.  I also don't think he needs that many special moves; all he really needs is a selection of around 3 or so to swap between.  MvC's version of this wasn't terrible, but you really didn't have time to summon Eddie and pick up the weapon you wanted before a smart opponent could take advantage of that.  TvC's was far better, as not only was the switch one swift motion that kept you safe, but the weapon use was also streamlined but still very useful.  Really it'd have been nice for them to re-work classic MM's weapon system to the point where it's more accessible in combat, but unfortunately Capcom either didn't think about it hard enough or were just too lazy too.

PSN: AquaTeamV3
NNID: BaconStunner
GGPO: AquaTeamV3
My YouTube Channel
The Digger's Database (My Megaman Legends site)

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #1381 on: January 27, 2011, 12:52:21 AM
What I find truly funny is that they can make a unique character like Trigger in TatsuCap, but supposedly can't for Classic MegaMan? I'm gonna call foul on that one.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1382 on: January 27, 2011, 01:07:34 AM
Not to mention the argument on abilities. Rock and Zero BOTH gain abilities from bosses. Without his powers in TvC, (which are all moves from bosses...) Zero just has a triple slash and a Z- Buster. (default maneuverability abilites like air dash aside)

Which would put him in the same basket as Rock. of COURSE Rock has little variety! Because you completely ignored the fact that he uses boss powers.

I think this guy simply saw Zero's moves and doesnt know that his moves work the same as Rock's. he just assumed that Zero just "comes with a moveset by default"

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #1383 on: January 27, 2011, 01:16:00 AM
To me, what is puzzling also is that he's already been in the first 2 MvC fighting games, and they managed to get him to work fine. I mean, would it take that much to upgrade him or his supers (although man do I love when he says Beat-a Plaaaane)? They upgraded Spidey and his moves and supers, and MegaMan has plenty they could use.

I mean, they SHOULD use Blues, but well, you know! XD

Offline AquaTeamV3

• Class SSS Digger
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • The Digger's Database
Reply #1384 on: January 27, 2011, 01:25:37 AM
Exactly!  Just tweak the weapon-switching dealy to make it more user-friendly and you've got yourself a character.  Blatant laziness is blatant.

My YouTube Channel

Offline STM

• Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Reply #1385 on: January 27, 2011, 02:00:31 AM

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1386 on: January 27, 2011, 02:33:00 AM
To me, what is puzzling also is that he's already been in the first 2 MvC fighting games, and they managed to get him to work fine. I mean, would it take that much to upgrade him or his supers (although man do I love when he says Beat-a Plaaaane)? They upgraded Spidey and his moves and supers, and MegaMan has plenty they could use.

I mean, they SHOULD use Blues, but well, you know! XD
They should use him.  In fact, even if there was no Rock, id be content with Blues.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #1387 on: January 27, 2011, 02:44:09 AM
Playable Galactus? LOL, how is that even fair?

They should use him.  In fact, even if there was no Rock, id be content with Blues.

Blues would be so awesome in a fighting game.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #1388 on: January 27, 2011, 02:59:31 AM
Hsien-ko sure looks nice in that artwork.

Also, this was too awesome, hilarious, and true not to post.

Playable Galactus? LOL, how is that even fair?

Easy, he's not =P

Offline Karasai♪

• Absolutely Fabulous.
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #1389 on: January 27, 2011, 03:30:54 AM
Playable boss character? I didnt see Yami playable in TVC.

If I made Mega Man, I would add these as his Hyper Combos:
Hyper Mega Man
Rush Drill
Original Level 3
If Niitsuma made Mega Man, I would expect
Hyper Mega Man
Rush Drill
Beat Plane

too bad he didnt even try.  o-O

Offline STM

• Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Reply #1390 on: January 27, 2011, 03:35:40 AM
Double Rock Buster special move.

It's apparently very powerful, but only used in the manga, so...

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1391 on: January 27, 2011, 03:39:18 AM
Double Rock Buster special move.

It's apparently very powerful, but only used in the manga, so...
Used in SAR. He used it to take out Ra-Moon. And it also almost killed him if I recall right. There's a reason Rock and X can only have one buster equipped at one time.

Offline STM

• Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Reply #1392 on: January 27, 2011, 03:50:49 AM
In the context of a fighting game like this, it could work. But at the same time, we already have a ton of characters that fire giant laserbeams.

Thunderbolt or Astro Crush would have done in a pinch.

Offline Karasai♪

• Absolutely Fabulous.
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #1393 on: January 27, 2011, 03:58:41 AM
Would Double Rock Buster be a beam or like Zero's Charge shot from X3?

Offline Ramzal

• B-Class Hunter
  • Don't sweat the technique.
    • View Profile
Reply #1394 on: January 27, 2011, 04:44:18 AM

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1395 on: January 27, 2011, 04:48:55 AM
Would Double Rock Buster be a beam or like Zero's Charge shot from X3?
Double Rock buster is exactly as advertised.

Using both Rock Busters at the same time to fire a charge shot. (I think) It causes him to overheat and risks his life.

Its the reason Light incorporates a lock out system so that for example in Day of Sigma, When X'sBuster arm detatches, he cannot use the buster in his other hand, being locked out by the other arm that was detached while in buster form.

When X gets buster upgrades in X2 and 3, he doesnt use both at once, he just gets the ability to use both in rapid succession.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile

Offline Ninja Lou

• Samurai/Ninja of RPM
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Ninjas........Damn
    • View Profile
Reply #1397 on: January 27, 2011, 06:14:23 PM
I just find it funny that on the capcom side the megaman series is the only series without one of its main stars. I am surprised they didn't go with MM Zero because of that.

This post has been approved by Marle!

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #1398 on: January 27, 2011, 09:00:50 PM
Good god, saying that Phoenix has low health is a freaking understatement, she literally dies in a simple ABC->special->super combo o__O
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7OA2Ik7qQc[/youtube]

Offline AquaTeamV3

• Class SSS Digger
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • The Digger's Database
Reply #1399 on: January 27, 2011, 10:14:53 PM
0_0  Just by looking at that clip I'd have to wonder why one would main Phoenix.  Unless she has some kind of crazy offense she's gonna die quick, and there's not MCrashing like in TvC.  Even with Phoenix mode that health is still super low.

My YouTube Channel