The Marvel vs. Capcom 3 Topic (ITS MAHVEL 3 BAYBEE)

Solar · 404194

Offline Ninja Lou

• Samurai/Ninja of RPM
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Ninjas........Damn
    • View Profile
Reply #1800 on: February 28, 2011, 01:21:06 AM
The Captain America in the game doesnt exist anymore. I dont see why they cant do the same for Venom
They are going to "fix" that with the first update and he will get the "Top Cop" Uniform. Also don't forget this game has been in the works for awhile now (since 08). Rodgers "died" in late 08 and when he came back he took up the mantle again to beat Norman. Which took place in 2010. So technically he was still considered Captain America when they were making the game.

This post has been approved by Marle!

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #1801 on: February 28, 2011, 03:37:50 AM
Or perhaps due to the upcoming movie? I assume it will be an origins story like Iron Man. No sense in confusing and alienating the common movie goer.

TWITCH   ➧ TWITTER   ➧ DISCORD   ➧ MY GAMES

Knockout Mondays
Experimental day: Fighting game engine project Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

WIP Wednesdays
Hamster Drop Gold Edition Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

Weekend Game Hangout
Marc, Amber, & Friends (Saturday Evening EST)

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #1802 on: February 28, 2011, 05:41:44 AM
Too late. There's a win quote referring to Iron Man as Tony Stark's bodyguard iirc.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #1803 on: February 28, 2011, 05:51:35 AM
I just want to say, [tornado fang] Doom's mission 9, even with X-factor to make the first part easier (which still murders my fingers anyways x___x) it's a freaking pain in the ass.

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline Ramzal

• B-Class Hunter
  • Don't sweat the technique.
    • View Profile
Reply #1804 on: February 28, 2011, 06:36:54 AM
RamzalTimble for Xbox live on this. Bring it I say!

Offline TheDivine

• Resistance Member
    • View Profile
Reply #1805 on: February 28, 2011, 07:48:52 AM
I really do want to fight you sir, but it's like 2AM and I'm way too lazy to turn on my 360 and swap discs.

Feel free to add me though, and we can possibly fight some time tomorrow. My Gamertag is Darth Seran.

Edit: I still need to fight Ninja Lou, too.

Offline STM

• says you shouldn't play with your
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Reply #1806 on: February 28, 2011, 08:54:25 AM
I really dislike those mission combos. They just seem too convoluted for their own good... the later ones anyway. I get what they're trying to teach you in trying to control the character to make your own moves, but good lord.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #1807 on: February 28, 2011, 08:57:00 AM
The ones for Spider-Man are [tornado fang]ing nuts.

Offline Ninja Lou

• Samurai/Ninja of RPM
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Ninjas........Damn
    • View Profile
Reply #1808 on: February 28, 2011, 09:17:16 AM
I tend to jump on at random times. Just send me an invite if you see me on and if I am playing MvsC3

Offline Rayl

• The Missing Piece
  • Resistance Member
  • (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    • View Profile
Reply #1809 on: February 28, 2011, 01:43:25 PM
Also is there anyone on with the PS3? I wouldn't mind having a few quick sparring matches to see how good I've gotten and I would like a good friendly match... I just hate fighting against pros in Player Matches most of the time (though I've come close to beating them it's just that misjudge or mistime the hitbox between my character and my opponent).

I am, although i don't think i can give you much of a challenge, as long as you don't mind a friendly match it'll be okay with me.

My PSN is AccelShift

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #1810 on: February 28, 2011, 07:54:50 PM
The ones for Spider-Man are [tornado fang]ing nuts.

I was stuck on mission 7 with him for a while. The Web Swing at the end would just not come out. But eventually I was able to get it, then 8 and 9 as well, which gave me the 320 missions achievement. 8 and 9 weren't as bad as 7. So now I have at least 7 done with everyone except Joe.

The missions in this game are not bad on the whole. There are some tricky ones, but they can all be done with a little effort. I mean, they're certainly easier than the missions in SSFIV and BBCS.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #1811 on: February 28, 2011, 08:09:55 PM
I was stuck on mission 7 with him for a while. The Web Swing at the end would just not come out. But eventually I was able to get it, then 8 and 9 as well, which gave me the 320 missions achievement. 8 and 9 weren't as bad as 7. So now I have at least 7 done with everyone except Joe.

It could also be that I can't play with the 360 Pad to begin with.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #1812 on: February 28, 2011, 08:17:53 PM
Definitely. Although if I'm honest, I certainly feel I could've had an easier time doing Doom's 9 on pad, hitting L and A2 at the same time is just not comfortable x____x

Also, if the combo doesn't require X-factor, try activating it before the combo, it might make it easier (Chun's 10, Doom's 9, etc.)

The missions in this game are not bad on the whole. There are some tricky ones, but they can all be done with a little effort. I mean, they're certainly easier than the missions in SSFIV and BBCS.

Much, much easier. In SSFIV and BBCS my execution and the difficulty of the combos prevents me from ever finishing them, in Marvel the only thing between me and a complete set of missions is a few hours.

Oh, and DLC is coming on March 1st, Shadow mode for free and the first set of costumes for 400msp/$5.

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #1813 on: February 28, 2011, 08:44:24 PM
Oh, and DLC is coming on March 1st, Shadow mode for free and the first set of costumes for 400msp/$5.
Figured as much, considering my game updated today and was looking to see if I had any DLC.

Offline TheDivine

• Resistance Member
    • View Profile
Reply #1814 on: February 28, 2011, 10:00:21 PM
So for all you people bitching and complaining about how hard the game is to play with the shitty Xbox controller; Go buy the new one that comes with the play and charge kit. After getting it, I've realized the problem wasn't with my timing and whatnot, it was the shitty joystick and D-Pad on the original controllers.

After getting the new one, every single person I regularly play with instantly saw a vast improvement. So did I, for that matter.

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #1815 on: February 28, 2011, 10:06:00 PM
So for all you people bitching and complaining about how hard the game is to play with the shitty Xbox controller; Go buy the new one that comes with the play and charge kit. After getting it, I've realized the problem wasn't with my timing and whatnot, it was the shitty joystick and D-Pad on the original controllers.

After getting the new one, every single person I regularly play with instantly saw a vast improvement. So did I, for that matter.
Glad to hear there's a controller out there that works well.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #1816 on: February 28, 2011, 10:26:18 PM

I know of this new controller. I also know that it's freaking $50-$60 for me to just play one game better, since I have no problem with the 360 Controller for other games, nor do I have an issue with the PS3 controller.

Offline TheDivine

• Resistance Member
    • View Profile
Reply #1817 on: February 28, 2011, 10:38:58 PM
It's an overall improvement to the previous design. All games are easier to play as the joystick is not a fickle [sonic slicer] on this one. Besides, it comes with a play and charge kit which means you don't need to worry about batteries.

For the people who were intent on buying a hundred dollar fight stick just to play Marvel vs Capcom with though, this is a cheaper and more awesome solution.

Offline Ninja Lou

• Samurai/Ninja of RPM
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Ninjas........Damn
    • View Profile
Reply #1818 on: February 28, 2011, 10:41:02 PM
And you can trade in your old controller and pay even less.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #1819 on: February 28, 2011, 10:59:00 PM
It's still paying for a new controller for one game when the previous controller works perfectly fine for every other game.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #1820 on: March 01, 2011, 04:03:35 AM
The devs were also strongly against Rock/X, as I recall.  The poll isn't official, so to hell with Capcom's internal desires.  It's full and sole purpose is to show fan-demand, whether or not they act on it is their own business.

IIRC the producer recently came out (I think it was at the launch party) and said that if they get another character going, X is up there since he hasn't gotten a versus debut as yet and something about him offering a lot to the game.

But yeah, the poll is mostly for fun at this point. I still say that everyone should do their best and hopefully all out collective noise for characters gets heard.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #1821 on: March 01, 2011, 05:11:39 AM
Well, Viper's missions were surprisingly easy for being, well, Viper.

Now I only have Storm and Mags left, also Hsien-ko's 10 and Cap's 9 and 10.

Offline Ninja Lou

• Samurai/Ninja of RPM
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Ninjas........Damn
    • View Profile
Reply #1822 on: March 01, 2011, 05:12:30 AM
It's still paying for a new controller for one game when the previous controller works perfectly fine for every other game.
And if you have to pay at least $30 to switch the game?

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #1823 on: March 01, 2011, 05:25:11 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYXf55iwjjc

Go to 27s. Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn .____.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #1824 on: March 01, 2011, 05:46:07 AM
And if you have to pay at least $30 to switch the game?

I was getting the PS3 version anyway. I had no plans to ever get a new 360 controller.