Need moar :W

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline borockman

• Super avatar painter in training
  • Legendary Hero
  • DONALD ANGRY! DONALD SMASH!!
    • View Profile
Reply #951 on: June 28, 2010, 10:36:20 AM
lol 3 vs 3? and possibly in real time? craziness in the making there.

Proud member of Indigo tribe!

Offline Deadpool

• Robot Master
  • Give me your brains!!!
    • View Profile
Reply #952 on: June 28, 2010, 06:19:41 PM
as long, 3 vs 3 does not lag the game, i am okay with it.

Offline HokutoNoBen

• We Are Living! Living in 90s...90s...90s...
  • RPM Soldier
  • Nyohohoho~!
    • View Profile
Reply #953 on: June 28, 2010, 09:23:53 PM
3v3 means that PKMN has FINALLY become a 16-bit era RPG. I'm so proud~! 8D

Now, hopefully that just means that they'll actually implement it more. 2v2 is still horridly underused, after all...

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #954 on: June 28, 2010, 09:53:31 PM
What I find annoying is all the people bitching about THEY SHOULD TAKE THE HMS OUT AND MAKE IT AN ITEM! BAWWWW!!

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #955 on: June 28, 2010, 10:04:57 PM
3v3 means that PKMN has FINALLY become a 16-bit era RPG. I'm so proud~! 8D

Now, hopefully that just means that they'll actually implement it more. 2v2 is still horridly underused, after all...
I hope it is underused. As much as I liked certain 2v2 battles, the POINT of the game is to make trainer versus trainer battles. And going over your list of single Pokémon works better in the regular battles. 2v2 and 3v3 are supposed to be all going-out-epic. So they fit in well in certain moments, just not all the time.

Offline Dexter Dexter

• Utterly jaded
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I was born with this face...
    • View Profile
Reply #956 on: June 28, 2010, 10:08:44 PM
3-on-3 battles? You have officially piqued my interest. Keep talking.

SAMPLE TEXT

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #957 on: June 28, 2010, 10:13:43 PM
2v2 and 3v3 are supposed to be all going-out-epic. So they fit in well in certain moments, just not all the time.
Like when you team up with Steven at the Space Tower in Mossdeep in Emerald. Now THAT was an epic battle.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP

Offline HokutoNoBen

• We Are Living! Living in 90s...90s...90s...
  • RPM Soldier
  • Nyohohoho~!
    • View Profile
Reply #958 on: June 28, 2010, 11:29:13 PM
I hope it is underused. As much as I liked certain 2v2 battles, the POINT of the game is to make trainer versus trainer battles. And going over your list of single Pokémon works better in the regular battles. 2v2 and 3v3 are supposed to be all going-out-epic. So they fit in well in certain moments, just not all the time.

To me, emphasizing on the team aspect more would be along the lines of the kind of evolution the series needs. If they're not going to do anything to rock the boat about the "Eugenics Experiment" that is EV training, or even the basic "Rock-Paper-Scissors" dynamic, then at least focus on other aspects of the game engine that would force a change-up in the meta game all the same.

Besides, if they're not going to do anything truly compelling with it, then it's just a throw-away gimmick that they shouldn't have even bothered with. Battling is the focus of this series, and it's all that's there after you tear through the storyline especially. 

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #959 on: June 29, 2010, 12:00:00 AM
To me, emphasizing on the team aspect more would be along the lines of the kind of evolution the series needs. If they're not going to do anything to rock the boat about the "Eugenics Experiment" that is EV training, or even the basic "Rock-Paper-Scissors" dynamic, then at least focus on other aspects of the game engine that would force a change-up in the meta game all the same.

Besides, if they're not going to do anything truly compelling with it, then it's just a throw-away gimmick that they shouldn't have even bothered with. Battling is the focus of this series, and it's all that's there after you tear through the storyline especially.
But the evolution towards constant team battles doesn't do anything but add more elements to a single battle instead of changing them. Evolution shouldn't be just about adding things, it should be about changing them so the overall system can work better. 2v2 or 3v3 battles should work really well in a larger, more epic context, of bigger battles. So you can actually feel the difference of complexity between battles instead of just fighting stronger opponents. Something like making Gym Leader battles like that would work well. What wouldn't work, would be to simply add more elements, more stuff, more weaknesses that you have to watch for at the same time. Because making that part of the constant gameplay you have to endure would ruin the simplicity Pokémon was based in its original concept. They should keep the simple battles most of the time, but perhaps think of a different gameplay system. Mix in other turn-based elements, maybe.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #960 on: June 30, 2010, 11:58:45 PM
I kinda liked the GCN games for the fact that all Trainer battles were 2v2.  It was always my preferred format, introducing new strategies and bringing an overall faster pace.

I don't really see how 3v3 is going to work unless they introduce some mode-specific battle mechanics.  From a simple logic standpoint, once 2v2 has established how attacks behave with allies and multiple targets, 3v3 would only serve to weaken the single-target attacks that make up the majority of the game's arsenal.  So for that reason I am hoping that 3v3 will create its own unique mechanics rather than behaving as an expansion of the existing ones.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #961 on: July 01, 2010, 03:55:17 PM
Have anyone posted this?

http://i45.tinypic.com/33o4e91.jpg

Is that some new pokemon there? including wooter and smugleaf evo?
Hey borock?
Looks like this rumour pic of yours might be the truth after all, introducing 4 new Pokemon, which includes Smugleaf's and Wotter's evos.
This is due to a preview of the coming B&W arc in the anime, which showed a silhouette of a female trainer, that matches the girl in the pic.
Oh, and the girl's name is Iris. :P
Source: Pokebeach.com

Also, a short read as to why Pokemon designs differ so much through the different generations:
Quote from: Water Pokemon Master
There's a team of people that is in charge of monster design. They're listed under "Pokemon Design." They come up with the ideas. They decide which ones are the best and refine them. Then, Ken Sugimori draws those designs. In the first generation, it was a group of four people (Sugimori being one of them), and Satoshi Tajiri's role (the creator of Pokemon) in creating the monsters was basically to approve them and suggest changes after the basic ideas were being designed. He's the only one under "Director" and "Game Design" for the first generation which means that he was in charge of pulling everything together and the overall experience of playing the game.

Nowadays... well, the truth is that in Ruby and Sapphire, Junichi Masuda took over. Ever since R/S/E, Satoshi Tajiri has not been working on the games at all. He's listed as "Executive Director" in most games. What does this mean? "Executive Director" is a fancy way of saying "this is the original creator, he approved this game but was not an active part of development." Occasionally he's listed as an "Executive Producer," which, from what I can gather, means he funded it but was still not an active member in developing it. Finally, in Pokemon Rumble (surprisingly enough), only Sugimori and Masuda are listed in the credits as "advisers" for the spin-off game. Tajiri is not listed at all.

So, Satoshi Tajiri is not really putting his mind into the monsters anymore. However, there is another part of why the monsters look different. The "Pokemon Design" of D/P/Pt was held by thirteen people. Ten of these people did not work on the first generation's Pokemon; Shigeki Morimoto (he's the guy who put Mew into the game) also stopped doing monster design during D/P/Pt. What does this mean? The people coming up with the Pokemon ideas are, mostly, different people each generation. R/S hired a ton of people, and that's why the third generation's style was so different. Black and White has also hired more people.

Thus, the main reason why the Black and White Pokemon look weird is because the design team has new people on it. Also, Satoshi Tajiri hasn't worked on the games for a looooong time (since the Gold and Silver days), thus the reason why Gen III and Gen IV looked so different from Gen I and Gen II. And now Gen V could look very different as well.
Source: Pokebeach.com as well.

DISCLAIMER: Although I did say the pic might be true, but... Still take it with a pinch of salt.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #962 on: July 01, 2010, 03:57:40 PM
So basically, the original creator has fled the series, and all monsters have looked like this for ages.

...Kinda figured that.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #963 on: July 01, 2010, 09:24:47 PM
Her name is Iris?

Will Ash wonder what he's fighting for? ;)

Offline Sapphire Knight

• Coffee-Powered
  • Master's Unit
  • Short for Sapphire Knight
    • View Profile
    • Sapph's DA
Reply #964 on: July 01, 2010, 09:27:20 PM
No, that would be the boy trainer. 8)

My thread of Random Crap

Who loves Grape Soda? Sapph loves Grape Soda! Is it true? Is it true? Ohyesohyesohyes it's true-oo~ I do I do I do I do-oo~

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #965 on: July 01, 2010, 09:34:38 PM

Like we need another one.  ::)

They decided not to go with the game lead this time around; just as expected. Ib4 "what am I fighting fooarrrghh". But the smugleaf evo, it's inevitable, I'm starting out with that guy.

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #966 on: July 01, 2010, 09:37:35 PM
You know who the male trainer reminds me of?

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline Klavier Gavin

• RPM Soldier
  • Einspruch!
    • View Profile
Reply #967 on: July 01, 2010, 09:39:15 PM
Her name is Iris?

Get out of my thread.

You know who the male trainer reminds me of?

...lulz. 8D

Offline Gaia

• Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #968 on: July 01, 2010, 09:41:45 PM
You know what? [tornado fang] this. Nebula Grey needs to be Download Content for BW's next event 'mon if we are gonna have Iris! 8D

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #969 on: July 01, 2010, 09:43:05 PM
Ib4 "what am I fighting fooarrrghh".
Her name is Iris?

Too late. :P

Offline Gaia

• Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #970 on: July 01, 2010, 09:43:58 PM
Too late. :P

You post too fast man, you post too fast.. XD

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #971 on: July 02, 2010, 03:22:34 AM
Well, there goes my dragon-themed trainer naming trend, 'cuz I'm sure as hell not renaming Iris. >U<

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Blaze Yeager

• The Loremaster
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • "To win is to lose, to lose is to win."
    • View Profile
    • Suikatei Blog
Reply #972 on: July 02, 2010, 07:28:47 AM
Probably the first (Anime) series that derives from using the game's female character...at least i think

Into Darkness, into the Abyss. Where only anathema exists.
| https://twitter.com/BlazeMcPhearson |

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #973 on: July 02, 2010, 07:37:20 AM
Well, there goes my dragon-themed trainer naming trend, 'cuz I'm sure as hell not renaming Iris. >U<
Does Hypershell know what he's fighting for?

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #974 on: July 02, 2010, 08:58:31 AM
I was waiting for your comment. XD