The Official Pokémon Black & White Discussion Thread

Klavier Gavin · 349931

Offline Shinigami No Tekken

• RPM's resident kid-on-the-old-man's-lawn.
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Cool Story, Bro!
    • View Profile
Reply #1050 on: August 03, 2010, 12:51:33 AM
old news

you think gen 1 or 2 was the best, don't you?

To you. Not to me.

Yeah. Gen 2, no contest. Crystal was my baby.

I enjoyed Emerald as well, but Crystal set memories for me.

Offline Sapphire Knight

• Coffee-Powered
  • Master's Unit
  • Short for Sapphire Knight
    • View Profile
    • Sapph's DA
Reply #1051 on: August 03, 2010, 02:46:09 AM
I is still waitin' for the gym leaders and/or the Elite 4 of this new gen to be revealed.

My thread of Random Crap

Who loves Grape Soda? Sapph loves Grape Soda! Is it true? Is it true? Ohyesohyesohyes it's true-oo~ I do I do I do I do-oo~

Offline Klavier Gavin

• RPM Soldier
  • Einspruch!
    • View Profile
Reply #1052 on: August 03, 2010, 04:43:49 PM
Quote from: PokeBeach
The Japanese Yahoo website has inadvertently leaked Ken Sugimori images of a new Bug-type Pokemon, the previously revealed swan Pokemon, and Shikijika. You can see all three images below. Victini has been confirmed as a Psychic / Fire type. It is the Victory Pokemon and has a new ability called Victory Star. It stands 0.4m tall and weighs 4.0kg. Ken Sugimori images of Aloe, Dento, and Team Plasma were also leaked.

Source

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #1053 on: August 03, 2010, 04:45:21 PM
Whoa... Team Crusaders?

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #1054 on: August 03, 2010, 06:42:42 PM
Psychic/Fire? FINALLY!

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #1055 on: August 03, 2010, 08:58:34 PM
Whoa I knew it was a Psychic type but I didn't think it would be Psychic/Fire.  *gasp*  Bambi is pink!

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Sapphire Knight

• Coffee-Powered
  • Master's Unit
  • Short for Sapphire Knight
    • View Profile
    • Sapph's DA
Reply #1056 on: August 03, 2010, 09:41:02 PM
Who wants to bet that one of the other two leaked people is either a gym leader, elite 4 member, or the champion?

My thread of Random Crap

Who loves Grape Soda? Sapph loves Grape Soda! Is it true? Is it true? Ohyesohyesohyes it's true-oo~ I do I do I do I do-oo~

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #1057 on: August 03, 2010, 09:52:43 PM
The first person is definately, Tom the Cat's owner. XD

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline geekgo4

• Robot Master
    • View Profile
Reply #1058 on: August 04, 2010, 08:56:02 AM
The first person is definately, Tom the Cat's owner. XD
Mammy Two-Shoes was stronger looking that that.

Offline borockman

• Super avatar painter in training
  • Legendary Hero
  • DONALD ANGRY! DONALD SMASH!!
    • View Profile
Reply #1059 on: August 04, 2010, 09:00:50 AM
Aloe and Dento? Al dente?  8D

Proud member of Indigo tribe!

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1060 on: August 04, 2010, 12:47:08 PM
Mammy Two-Shoes was stronger looking that that.
Not to mention she's missing two dozen aprons.

Offline GP Aznable

• King of the hill
  • A-Class Hunter
  • I'm the REAL Woodman, foo!
    • View Profile
Reply #1061 on: August 05, 2010, 03:51:30 PM
New evil team... still no miniskirts.

Psychic/Fire? I say, bad pairing.

Eat, or be eaten...

Offline Klavier Gavin

• RPM Soldier
  • Einspruch!
    • View Profile
Reply #1062 on: August 07, 2010, 04:23:39 PM
Who wants to bet that one of the other two leaked people is either a gym leader, elite 4 member, or the champion?

[tornado fang]ing duh.

Anyway...

Gen5 is gen 1 apparently;

Junichi Masuda announced on his blog that Black and White will only feature fifth generation Pokemon until later in the game: "This time around, until the ending of the games, there are only new Pokemon. Only new Pokemon will appear! This way, adults and children alike will start from scratch, and have the fun of saying 'what's that Pokemon?' just like in Red and Green. When people within the company played it, their feelings were... 'It feels fresh because they're all Pokemon I haven't seen before,' 'I didn't know the Pokemon types, so their attacks surprised me,' 'The new things make me feel like I did when I played Red and Green,' and so on and so on, it was a really good vibe. Designing the Pokemon was an enormous feat... but my graphics team said, 'Since everyone enjoyed it, we're happy!' Please play [the games] and see for yourself! Later!"

Also, Team Plasma is PETA;

[...] reveals a new shot of Team Plasma (at 0:16). The apparent leader of the team says to a group of Trainers, "What we're discussing is liberating Pokemon." It seems Team Plasma is like the PETA, which is fitting if Isshu is really based off locations in the United States [combined with N's line that "Pokemon are friends"].

Source

Posted on: August 05, 2010, 09:01:54 AM

Emonga (エモンガ) is the Flying Squirrel Pokemon, stands 0.4m tall, and weights 5.0kg. It is an Electric / Flying-type and has Static as its ability.

Gigaiasu (ギガイアス), which was revealed previously, is the High Pressure Pokemon. It is a Rock-type, has the Sturdy ability, stands 1.7m tall, and weighs 270.0kg.

Darumakka (ダルマッカ) is a Fire-type and the supposed pre-evolution of Hihidaruma.

Another new Pokemon revealed but not pictured is Basurao (バスラオ), which knows Aqua Jet and Uproar.

Shikijika (the previously revealed deer) is a Normal / Grass-type and has Chlorophyll as its ability. Its appearance changes according to the seasons: in the spring it is pink (like the Ken Sugimori artwork), in the summer it is green, in the fall it is orange, and winter's color is unknown.

Growth now seems to raise Special Attack and Attack by one stage.

Shikijika is a Normal / Grass-type (as revealed in the previous update) and changes its color depending on the in-game season.

In the spring Shikijika is pink (like the official Ken Sugimori artwork), in the summer it is green, in the fall it is orange, and in the winter it is brown.

There will be a new in-game season each month of the real year, meaning three seasons a year.

As seen on the bottom of the scan, the color of Isshu's terrain changes depending on the season as well.

Aloe is the Gym Leader of Shippou City (シッポウシティ).

The city could be named after a religious Buddhist term for the "Seven Precious Treasures," being Gold, Silver, Pearls, Agate, Crystal, Coral, and Lapis Lazuli. Some of these have been game namesakes to boot. It can also be named after "Cloisonne," which is enamel work ("enamelware in which colored areas are separated by thin metal strips"). So the city may deal in religion or art (or perhaps uses the metal from that religious term for the enamel work). Considering Aloe is wearing a big apron, she might be a cloisonne ware maker. But none of this is confirmed yet of course!

Speaking of which, an "aloe" is an African flower.

Source

Offline Pyro

• Wielder of the Chaos Force
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Boo yeah!
    • View Profile
Reply #1063 on: August 07, 2010, 06:34:16 PM
Gen5 is gen 1 apparently

To that I say good. I'm [tornado fang]ing sick of Zubats and Geodudes in every game.

Also, Team Plasma is PETA.

I always wondered when someone would bring up the ethical implications of Pokemon battling in-game. This should be quite interesting.

Come and read some Thoughts of a Platypus

Offline Dantonumanoa Ongdolota Amycronicon

• Unwholesome, unsavory and unintelligible
  • Neo Arcadian
  • o fuk my k/d ratio
    • View Profile
Reply #1064 on: August 07, 2010, 06:44:42 PM
Gigaias looks [tornado fang]ing sexy.

I put on my [twin slasher] face.

I also go by Spectro D., Idylleaus, Malabar, and Dumb-bit Twofuck.

Offline Dexter Dexter

• Utterly jaded
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I was born with this face...
    • View Profile

Offline Klavier Gavin

• RPM Soldier
  • Einspruch!
    • View Profile

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1067 on: August 09, 2010, 03:05:04 AM
You mean stuff I posted days ago? Indeed.
Plus, I heard that the female character was gonna have these really short shorts. And that the cities were gonna be huge and on 3D.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #1068 on: August 10, 2010, 03:24:17 AM
TMs will no longer expire after one use - you can use them as many times as you want, like HMs!
TMs will no longer expire after one use - you can use them as many times as you want, like HMs!

http://pokebeach.com/

Ok, I must know why nobody has mentioned this at all. Oh, there's more Coro Coro info now too >.>

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #1069 on: August 10, 2010, 03:29:49 AM
Yeah, I was just reading up on a lot of this stuff on GAF and [tornado fang] if it doesn't some amazing.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #1070 on: August 10, 2010, 03:33:49 AM
Yeah, and you know what's the most exciting possibility of these new TMs? The removal of HMs. Honestly, I don't see any reason at all to keep them the way they are now if their only difference is that they're a pain in the ass to manage by being unforgettable.

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline Klavier Gavin

• RPM Soldier
  • Einspruch!
    • View Profile
Reply #1071 on: August 10, 2010, 04:00:16 AM
Ok, I must know why nobody has mentioned this at all. Oh, there's more Coro Coro info now too >.>

I PM'd it to Hypershell and Sakura earlier. I'm just too [tornado fang]ing lazy to post anything new now a days.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1072 on: August 10, 2010, 04:53:43 AM
Yeah, and you know what's the most exciting possibility of these new TMs? The removal of HMs. Honestly, I don't see any reason at all to keep them the way they are now if their only difference is that they're a pain in the ass to manage by being unforgettable.
Yeah especially moves like Flash, Defog, and Whirl Pool since you only would probably use them once or twice.  The only good moves that Hm's have are Surf and Fly for instant teleportation.

Offline HokutoNoBen

• We Are Living! Living in 90s...90s...90s...
  • RPM Soldier
  • Nyohohoho~!
    • View Profile
Reply #1073 on: August 10, 2010, 08:42:50 PM
Yeah especially moves like Flash, Defog, and Whirl Pool since you only would probably use them once or twice.  The only good moves that Hm's have are Surf and Fly for instant teleportation.

Don't forget Strength. Beyond its situational use for the puzzles on the field, it's still a good move to use in battle, as well. Especially if you have a physical-stat favoring Pokemon.

Any way, the flip side of the TM news (now that I've come down to Earth about it) probably means that we'll probably have to work even harder for some of them, since you only have to get one to have your entire potential posse covered. That could possibly make things even more interesting than they've been already. But in any case, again...it's good to see even more proof of Pokemon finally becoming a "16-bit era" RPG. 8D

And I definitely agree with Jeri's comments on GAF that this is shaping up to be the "G/S/C" of this day and age. It only needs a second region to explore, and it would do just that...

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1074 on: August 10, 2010, 09:23:19 PM
Don't forget Strength. Beyond its situational use for the puzzles on the field, it's still a good move to use in battle, as well. Especially if you have a physical-stat favoring Pokemon.
I didn't count Strength since it's a normal type move, Normal type moves don't work for me unless it's Explosion with a really fast pokemon at critical mass.