The Official Pokémon Black & White Discussion Thread

Klavier Gavin · 355387

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #1000 on: July 09, 2010, 08:26:38 AM
At least we can finally see the true extent of the Illusion ability of Zorua and Zoroark, and the Zorua event.
And that Zoroark suit. D:

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #1001 on: July 09, 2010, 08:39:16 AM
Huh that's pretty intresting, to bad it also proved that pokemon can't follow you around anymore.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #1002 on: July 09, 2010, 01:19:58 PM
With the Pokemon Black and White game demo travelling around Japan, some new images from the game has been posted on 2ch.
In the demo, new Pokemon were revealed in the Pokedex, including starter evos.
There's a new Pokemon called Hatooboo, seen below.

If you ask me, looks like Mamepato's (the new pigeon) evo.

There were more... But it's too blur to make out.

Since CoroCoro will be out in a few days, perhaps they will be revealed then.

Soucre: Serebii.net

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1003 on: July 09, 2010, 05:42:15 PM
The screen on the right looks like a double battle between 2 Budews VS a Pokabu but the second pokemon wasn't out yet, the other looks like a room and they're using the new phone thingy whose name escapes me for the moment.

Offline Klavier Gavin

• RPM Soldier
  • Einspruch!
    • View Profile
Reply #1004 on: July 10, 2010, 02:28:58 AM
Rumors.

- enter the world of your partner using the Wireless communication features
- features some kind of Tag Mode feature(s)
- those with a DSi can use a video phone-like feature with up to four people

http://gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=129831

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #1005 on: July 10, 2010, 03:00:00 PM
A few more Pokemon names have been revealed, however, these names are not confirmed yet.
They are Rankurusu, the gothic-like Pokemon, Gochiruzeru, the green frog-like Pokemon, and Kibago, the Larvitar-like Pokemon.

And a two new Pokemon were revealed during advertisments of the Zoroark movie.
One is Minezumi, a beaver/chipmuck Pokemon, the other is the still unnamed Pokemon revealed as a drawing earlier in the thread.

Source: Pokebeach.com (Names, New Pokemon)

No pics this time, due to a Pokestorm. -_- (Read the second link for details).

Offline Klavier Gavin

• RPM Soldier
  • Einspruch!
    • View Profile
Reply #1006 on: July 10, 2010, 07:11:35 PM
Rankurusu, the gothic-like Pokemon

WHAT IS THIS? I DON'T EVEN...

No pics this time, due to a Pokestorm. -_-

I [tornado fang]ing missed it! D:

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #1007 on: July 10, 2010, 07:20:27 PM
The pics of the new Pokemon are still on the Pokebeach website.
Though ALL traces of the Pokestorm have disappeared.
ALL TRACES

Offline Akira

• Mr. Fanservice & Vixy's cute boy
  • Neo Arcadian
  • BAKA!
    • View Profile
Reply #1008 on: July 10, 2010, 10:01:43 PM
Clean Images

On the japanese board 2ch, someone leaked some photoshots from demo stations with Black & White on display, and two shots from some pamphlet. A new Pokémon named Hatooboo [ハトーポー] is shown and more are expected to follow.

Source:  http://www.legendarypokemon.net

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #1009 on: July 11, 2010, 11:24:30 AM
With the Pokestorm over... Might as well post the pics I didn't previously.

Minezumi

A front sprite of Moguryuu

Although unnamed at the moment, it's possibly Nezumimi

Also, after the airing of Pokemon Sunday, a new bird Pokemon has been revealed.
It's unnamed at the moment.

And lastly, have some movie Zekrom.

PSYCHO ZEKROM

Pics from: Pokebeach.com (New bird Pokemon, All other pics)

Offline Klavier Gavin

• RPM Soldier
  • Einspruch!
    • View Profile
Reply #1010 on: July 11, 2010, 05:16:48 PM
1st Photo

Wooguru (ウォーグル) is the Valor Pokemon. Its name derives from "war" and "eagle." It is Normal / Flying, weighs 41kg, and stands 1.5m tall. One of its abilities is Keen Eye and it can learn a new attack called Free Fall (フリーフォール). Free Fall involves the Pokemon grabbing the opponent, lifting it into the air, and then on the next turn throwing it to the ground.

The names we posted on Friday have been confirmed:

Rankurusu (ランクルス) is the black / purple Pokemon that looks like a woman; its name partly derives from "chaos." It is a Psychic-type, stands 1.6m tall, and one of its two abilities is Magic Guard, which was previously exclusive to the Clefable line.

Gochiruzeru (ゴチルゼル) is the green, cell-shaped Pokemon; its name partly derives from "cell."

Kibago (キバゴ) is the green Pokemon that slightly resembles Larvitar; "kiba" means "fangs."

2nd Photo

Musharna (ムシャーナ) is apparently the evolution of Munna. The magazine says the Pokemon has a secret related to something called Dream Smoke (ゆめのけむり).

Right now, we're not sure what Dream Smoke is. This is all we can see from the photo: "Get 'Dream Smoke' and you will be able to receive a 'Game Sync,' which allows you to go to the Pokemon Global Link." Apparently, Dream Smoke has something to do with uploading your Black and White save file to the Internet (the Pokemon Global Link) and is somehow related to Musharna.

The woman's name is Makomo (マコモ) and she is Professor Araragi's friend.

Rest of the Photos

1st and 2nd Photos: One version will exclusively feature White Forest while the other version will exclusively feature Black City; Black City is in the first photo while White Forest is in the second.

3rd and 4th: These are two childhood friends of the main character. The girl boy with the short hair is Cheren, who was revealed in the Oha Suta trailer two weeks ago. The blond girl is either named Yuberu or Beru (too blurry to tell).

5th: Ken Sugimori artwork of the Pokemon Kibago, Koromori, and Minezumi. Kibago was revealed on the anime character sheet last week and later as a toy, Koromori was also revealed in the anime character sheet and is on Kurt's hat in The Ruler of Illusions: Zoroark, and it's Psychic/Flying, and we revealed Minezumi yesterday.

6th and 7th: This man is a mysterious person named N. He also appeared in the Oha Suta game trailer from two weeks ago. Next to him, it says, "Pokemon are 'FRIENDS!'"

Source
« Last Edit: July 11, 2010, 05:42:12 PM by Dr. Wily II »

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #1011 on: July 11, 2010, 05:42:47 PM
Hehe, so that bird from Pokemon Sunday is Wooguru...

And Cheren... Wow.
N is just screaming he's hiding some secret with that pose.

Posted on: July 11, 2010, 23:28:37
Edited the news post with a few tiny updates.

Offline Dantonumanoa Ongdolota Amycronicon

• Unwholesome, unsavory and unintelligible
  • Neo Arcadian
  • o fuk my k/d ratio
    • View Profile
Reply #1012 on: July 11, 2010, 06:57:04 PM
Raccoon thief.
New derp confirmed.

Also, I don't like that flying koosh ball.

I put on my [twin slasher] face.

I also go by Spectro D., Idylleaus, Malabar, and Dumb-bit Twofuck.

Offline GP Aznable

• King of the hill
  • A-Class Hunter
  • I'm the REAL Woodman, foo!
    • View Profile
Reply #1013 on: July 11, 2010, 07:17:24 PM
Man, the designs are just getting worse. Wargle should be renamed Eaglemon.

But still wanna play it.

Eat, or be eaten...

Offline Dantonumanoa Ongdolota Amycronicon

• Unwholesome, unsavory and unintelligible
  • Neo Arcadian
  • o fuk my k/d ratio
    • View Profile
Reply #1014 on: July 11, 2010, 07:23:19 PM
Wargle should be renamed Eaglemon.
I really don't want to admit this, but I'm much too inclined to agree with you.

Looks like this gen is going to be more of a mixed bag than the others.

I put on my [twin slasher] face.

I also go by Spectro D., Idylleaus, Malabar, and Dumb-bit Twofuck.

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #1015 on: July 11, 2010, 07:29:13 PM
Man, the designs are just getting worse. Wargle should be renamed Eaglemon.

Add the fact that the trainers look more out of Digimon than Pokemon is anyone's guess. :P

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #1016 on: July 12, 2010, 08:45:11 AM
More scans have been leaked!

In 3-on-3 battles, the placement and setup of your Pokemon will be important to the battle. Depending on who is in the middle and in the front of your party, the way attacks hit will change, so switching your Pokemon's positions based on battle strategy becomes the main point of triple battles.

A new feature called "Passing By" will allow your DS to connect automatically with other players that are nearby. As you advance in Black and White, you will be able to help others on their journey.

There is a new "High Link" feature that is reminiscent of the rescues in the Mystery Dungeon games. You can take on missions from a building in the middle of Isshu to help players who are in trouble.

The DSi will now have a "TV Transceiver" feature (not for the old DS or DS Lite). You can use its camera to talk to friends that you have exchanged friend codes with using "Live Caster." Locally you can talk to up to four people, and over Wi-Fi only two. This may or may not be a Black and White-exclusive feature.

A new attack called "Magic Room" negates the effects of all items held by your and your opponent's Pokemon.

Source: Pokebeach.com

Offline Klavier Gavin

• RPM Soldier
  • Einspruch!
    • View Profile
Reply #1017 on: July 12, 2010, 08:46:23 AM

The DSi will now have a "TV Transceiver" feature (not for the old DS or DS Lite). You can use its camera to talk to friends that you have exchanged friend codes with using "Live Caster." Locally you can talk to up to four people, and over Wi-Fi only two. This may or may not be a Black and White-exclusive feature.

yay :v

Seriously though, like anyone other than the Japs are gonna use it.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #1018 on: July 12, 2010, 08:58:27 AM
A new attack called "Magic Room" negates the effects of all items held by your and your opponent's Pokemon.
Here's the scan:

From Serebii.net

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1019 on: July 12, 2010, 09:00:28 AM
I have a feeling that Magic Room is going to be used a lot.  I just hope they'll have hold items that can raise defense this time without you having to be at critical.

Offline Klavier Gavin

• RPM Soldier
  • Einspruch!
    • View Profile
Reply #1020 on: July 13, 2010, 06:52:07 PM
Pages 4 and 5

When you pick your starter, the other two go to your two rivals: Bell (the blond girl) and Cheren (the black-haired boy). They are your two childhood friends. All three of you start your journey together at the same time, just like Ash, Gary, and the other Pallet Town Pokemon Trainers in the show and the three Gold and Silver trainers in the Legend of Raikou special.

The game starts from Route 1, indicating that this region is much farther away than Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh.

N will keep challenging you in order to confirm his ideas of justice. He calls Pokemon his "friends," but one of the screenshots shows him saying that he wants to split humans and Pokemon and divide them so that the world is black and white. He has the unique idea to set Pokemon free from people. He's looking for the power to grant these ideals.

Pages 6 and 7

In 3-on-3 battles, if your Pokemon is, for example, on the far left, it won't be able to hit a Pokemon on the far right. There is a button on the bottom left hand corner of the battle screen which is called "Move" and allows you to swap your Pokemon's positions. Thus, a Pokemon on the far right can hit the opponent's Pokemon that are on the far right as well as the middle. The magazine also says that if the Pokemon in the middle uses an attack that hits all Pokemon, then it will be very powerful.

A new ability called Telepathy prevents Pokemon from receiving damage from teammates. For example, if a Pokemon has Telepathy in a two-on-two or three-on-three battle and one of your Pokemon uses Surf, the Pokemon with Telepathy will not be damaged.

There is a new, unnamed attack which for one turn will cause all of your team members to avoid attacks that hit all team members.

Pages 8 and 9

Rankurusu (the green cell) and Gochiruzeru (the black humanshaped Pokemon) are both version-exclusives, but it doesn't say which is in which version.

Pokemon White will exclusively feature White Forest while Pokemon Black will exclusively feature Black City.

You can see Black City in the top left of the scan and White Forest right next to it. You can also see game screenshots of the two locations below their artwork.

There will be cities that look different based on the version even though they are the same city. In the bottom two screenshots on the left page, you can see one city that looks different in both versions of the game.

Pages 10 and 11

Gochiruzeru (ゴチルゼル) is the Celestial Body Pokemon, also a Psychic-type (the humanshape goth). Its one known ability is Frisk and it can learn a new move called Magic Room, which takes away the effects of items for 5 turns. It is 1.5m tall and weighs 44.0kg. Its name may derive from "gothic" and "madmoiselle."

Rankurusu (ランクルス) is the Amplification Pokemon, a Psychic-type (the green blob). It knows a new ability called "Dust-Proof" (ぼうじん), which prevents it (and possibly other Pokemon on your team that are out in battle) from taking damage from weather effects such as Sandstorm and Hail. Its second ability is Magic Guard, which was previously exclusive to the Clefable line. It stands 1.0m tall and weighs 20.1kg. Its name may derive from "chaos" and "homunculus."

Wargle (ウォーグル) is the Valor Pokemon, a Normal/Flying type. Its name derives from "war" and "eagle." One of its abilities is Keen Eye and the other is Encourage, which boosts the power of its attacks but prevents any secondary effects such as Poisoning or Burning (Hihidaruma has the same ability). It can learn a new attack called Free Fall (フリーフォール), which involves the Pokemon grabbing the opponent, lifting it into the air, and then on the next turn throwing it to the ground. It stands 1.5m tall and weighs 41.0kg.

Kibago (キバゴ) is the Tusk Pokemon, a Dragon-type. Its abilities are Rivalry and Mold Breaker. It has a new attack called Double Chop (ダブルチョップ), which hits the opponent twice. It is 0.6m tall and weighs 18.0kg.

Koromori (コロモリ) is the Bat Pokemon, a Psychic/Flying-type Pokemon. Its abilities are Unaware and Klutz. It knows a new attack called Heart Stamp (ハートスタンプ), which can cause the opponent to flinch. It is 0.4m tall and weighs 2.1kg.

Minezumi (ミネズミ) is the Lookout Pokemon, a Normal-type. Its abilities are Run Away and Keen Eye. It stands 0.5m tall and weighs 11.6kg.

Pages 12 and 13

Musharna (ムシャーナ) is the Trance Pokemon and is a Psychic-type like its pre-evolution Munna. The dreams of Pokemon are inside its smoke; both Munna and Musharna give off this Dream Smoke. It has the abilities Forewarn and Synchronize, stands 1.1m tall, and weighs 60.5kg.

If you obtain "Dream Smoke," you can use a "Game Sync" to enable the uploading of your Black and White file to the Internet. Basically, it seems like "Dream Smoke" unlocks your ability to upload your game file.

The player will receive the C Gear from Makomo, Professor Araragi's friend, after they do something she asks. The C Gear has features for Wi-Fi, local wireless, and infrared.

The High Link is a building at the center of Isshu through which you can connect to other players' games. Using the High Link, you can travel to another player's world and adventure with them together.

Pages 14 and 15

With the DS's infrared signal, you can have speedy battles with up to four players and speedy trades directly from your party or PC box. You can also automatically exchange friend codes over infrared now.

A new feature called Passing By will allow your DS to connect automatically with other players that are nearby. As you advance in Black and White, you will be able to help others on their journey. It is part of the C Gear.

The games have a Live Caster feature (not for the old DS or DS Lite), which allows you to use the DSi's camera to talk to friends through video feed. Locally, you can talk to up to four people, while over Wi-Fi you can only talk to two. The Live Caster will have a pen and stamp tool so you can play with the pictures while using the video chat.

Characters in the game will use the Live Caster feature to talk to you as well. o.o' N is seen using this in the trailer that showed on Oha Suta a few weeks ago.

As has been rumored for months, the two games will now support Kanji for Japanese players. Apparently, the game's script will change a bit as well, perhaps since those who would change to Kanji are older players (will it be a little more detailed with more advanced vocabulary?). There is a man in the game who can switch it for you. He most likely will be deleted for the American games, as we only have one alphabet.

There is a new feature called Feeling Check that checks the compatibility of players. One of the things it shows is a game where two people have to keep the same rhythm.

The blond childhood friend of the main character is named Bell.

Pages 16 and 17, 18 and 19

The Pokemon Global Link, which is the service that allows you to upload your Black and White save file to a special website, has two different modes: one where you have your Pokemon play in a dream and another where you can battle online. You can unlock the Global Link feature once you obtain Musharna, the evolution of Munna, meaning it is one of those "gimmick" Pokemon like Plusle and Minun were for 2-on-2 battles.

If you are registered through the Pokemon Global Link, you can play online battles using a "Rating Mode" or "Random Match" mode at to the Global Terminal inside the Pokemon Center. It will send your battle results to a server and you can compare your results to other players to see who is a strong Trainer.

In the World of Dreams, your Pokemon have their own rooms that they can play in and they can play mini-games with other Pokemon. Pokemon that your Pokemon becomes friends with in the dream world can be taken back to the real world, being your game; you can capture Pokemon not available in the Isshu PokeDex and transfer them to your games in this fashion. To transfer Pokemon to the computer and thus to the World of Dreams, there will be a new Game Sync option available through the C Gear, which allows you to choose one Pokemon to send to your computer.

There is going to be an event held from 8/7 to 8/31 where you can encounter an Eeveelution in a dream on the Pokemon Daisuki Club website, perhaps a way to teach players how the new feature will work. Presumably, you can send the Eeveelution you encounter back to Black and White once they are released.

Source

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #1021 on: July 13, 2010, 06:59:38 PM
Veeerryy intresting. Expect me to pick up a copy of Black or White when I buy a 3DS.

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #1022 on: July 14, 2010, 12:26:39 AM
High Link sounds awesome, though if it's local-only, I may not be able to do much with it.  Unless I get my neighbor's kid a generous gift, anyway.

The C Gear has features for Wi-Fi, local wireless, and infrared.

With the DS's infrared signal, you can have speedy battles with up to four players and speedy trades directly from your party or PC box. You can also automatically exchange friend codes over infrared now.

Neither the DS nor the DSi have infrared links, although one can include an infrared link in the cartridge itself as was done with HG/SS.  I also believe there was an infrared port on the E3 3DS models, but I'm not sure if "hybrid" 3DS carts are possible or not.

Infrared depends on line of sight, though, so I don't see how "up to four players" would work under such circumstances.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Sapphire Knight

• Coffee-Powered
  • Master's Unit
  • Short for Sapphire Knight
    • View Profile
    • Sapph's DA
Reply #1023 on: July 14, 2010, 12:54:51 AM
*waits patiently for Gym Leader leak*

My thread of Random Crap

Who loves Grape Soda? Sapph loves Grape Soda! Is it true? Is it true? Ohyesohyesohyes it's true-oo~ I do I do I do I do-oo~

Offline Klavier Gavin

• RPM Soldier
  • Einspruch!
    • View Profile
Reply #1024 on: July 15, 2010, 01:44:30 AM
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiVVFYB2PMY[/youtube]