Which Games Should Capcom Bring Back?

Protoman Blues · 12223

Offline Nexus

• is one random son of a
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • No one ever said all Reploids were smart.
    • View Profile
Reply #50 on: December 30, 2008, 07:15:26 PM
Alright, I can understand all your wants for sequels, especially the continuation of certain Rockman series', but unfortunately I doubt we'll really see another Irregular Hunter X. The other games usually sold well and thus warranted sequels, but I remember hearing that IHX's sales were absolutely awful.

In all honestly, the best thing we can do is think of the first Irregular Hunter X as Capcom pulling a Rockman 9, - before they even started on making RM9 - and the X Collection as another flawed game like the Anniversary Collection in that they royally screwed up on somethings and pissed off fans everywhere. (what, no RM7 burning castle ending, or X6 jap voice acting?!?) -_-

Offline Rodrigo Shin

• Not a Zero series
  • Resistance Member
    • View Profile
    • Ácido Cinza
Reply #51 on: December 30, 2008, 07:32:18 PM
Strider, Gargoyle's Quest. Gather around the good staff and churn 'em out. The world wants them.

'course, in Strider's case it's not possible since Isuke is half a step from being a lunatic for all we hear.

The reason for retcon is to cancel out contradictions
a retcon is a last resort to erase a contradiction
Guys, please let me know when did Gwen Stacy getting retroactively impregnated with Goblin Twins solve any contradiction whatsoever and didn't create a whole set of new ones. TTFN

--

Whenever it comes to "consensus" and things alike, always remember Tony Bullet-Tooth's sage advice:
"You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity."

Offline Nexus

• is one random son of a
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #52 on: December 30, 2008, 07:34:35 PM
Strider, Gargoyle's Quest. Gather around the good staff and churn 'em out. The world wants them.

'course, in Strider's case it's not possible since Isuke is half a step from being a lunatic for all we hear.

All the better for some rather insane levels and difficulty, as per the norm for both games. (at least for Strider, not sure about Gargoyle's Quest)  [eyebrow]

Offline Rodrigo Shin

• Not a Zero series
  • Resistance Member
    • View Profile
    • Ácido Cinza
Reply #53 on: December 30, 2008, 07:42:04 PM
All the better for some rather insane levels and difficulty, as per the norm for both games. (at least for Strider, not sure about Gargoyle's Quest)  [eyebrow]
Actually that was just to say that Isuke, who designed the AC Strider, left Capcom many years ago and is openly called a "Capcom misfit", and is rumoured to have had a breakdown when trying to port the game to the NEC Supergrafx. He isn't low profile, either. He's downright underground profile. And that thus, he'd not be back for a new Strider.

But he wasn't around for Strider 2 and that game is [tornado fang]ing sweet, so what the hell.

The reason for retcon is to cancel out contradictions
a retcon is a last resort to erase a contradiction
Guys, please let me know when did Gwen Stacy getting retroactively impregnated with Goblin Twins solve any contradiction whatsoever and didn't create a whole set of new ones. TTFN

--

Whenever it comes to "consensus" and things alike, always remember Tony Bullet-Tooth's sage advice:
"You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity."

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #54 on: December 30, 2008, 11:00:31 PM
All the better for some rather insane levels and difficulty, as per the norm for both games. (at least for Strider, not sure about Gargoyle's Quest)
Not having played Strider, all I can say is

Offline ParasiteBirth

• Useless Dweeb
  • A-Class Hunter
  • Some random dweeb
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
Reply #55 on: January 03, 2009, 04:58:20 AM
When I think of it, I would love a new Darkstalkers game  XD

Check my YouTube Channel for Challenges, Speed Run videos and more!

Offline Pringer X

• Ultimate Super Robot
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Pringer Beam!
    • View Profile
Reply #56 on: January 03, 2009, 05:05:44 AM
I propose a new challenge for RPM. List all of Capcom's series. The requirement is that the game MUST have had at least 1 sequel or be apart of a chain of spin offs (wasn't the Gargoyle in Demon's Quest or whatever the enemy from Ghost's and Goblins?) They're remaking Bionic Commando, they've made sequels to Mega Man and Street Fighter, and I heard somewhere they were doing another game from an old series.

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #57 on: January 03, 2009, 02:52:43 PM
(I'll use Wikipedia; Noone will ever know!)

Offline vile mk4

• Robot Master
  • Muchah muchah , muchah much.. KI KIRI KI CHIIiii
    • View Profile
Reply #58 on: January 04, 2009, 07:45:43 AM
I want a new Sonson, with his grandaughter, and remade in the spirit of a good plattaformer like Banjo Kazooie. With plenty of mechanics and non-sensical story. Let's go tenjiuku dude !

I want Chariot - A Trip Through The Sky 2, that shotter is freaking amazing. Seriously, if you haven´t played it get  3 Wonders now and try it, you will thank me.

I want a new Magic Sword, nothing like that Golden Axe abomination, i want it done right with inventive weapons, spells, tons of upgradable partners, skelletons, hordes of beasts, items, gargoyles and all that bs we're all used to see in dungeons. Gigantic bosses, beasts to ride, ect. It has to be the game that defines the word Epic.

MATA DA CAFEE, MATA DE CAFEE FEE FEEE FEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE !! AYHOYY AYHOY TE DERETETETEEE TE TERETETETETE REE TE TEEE AYHOYY AYHOY

FEEEVEEEER ...DON DONDON DONDON.... PON PON PON pon pon pon PON PON PON pon pon pon PON PON PONPON pon pon ponpon PONPON PON PON ponpon pon pon PONPONPON pon pon pon PONPATAPON ponpatapon PONPONPATAPONPONPON ponponpataponponpon NOOOOS QUEDAAAAAMOOOOOSSSS uhHIUP  ** PLOP **

BOM BOM BOM bom bom bom BOM BOM BOMBOM bom bom bombom ...AH, [tornado fang] THE WOOD, I DON NEED IT, LET'S KILL DODONGA AGAIN

Offline Nexus

• is one random son of a
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #59 on: January 04, 2009, 07:52:40 AM
I propose a new challenge for RPM. List all of Capcom's series. The requirement is that the game MUST have had at least 1 sequel or be apart of a chain of spin offs (wasn't the Gargoyle in Demon's Quest or whatever the enemy from Ghost's and Goblins?) They're remaking Bionic Commando, they've made sequels to Mega Man and Street Fighter, and I heard somewhere they were doing another game from an old series.

To correct the bolded, it WAS remade. Bionic Commando: Rearmed, for the PSP and PC, and can be purchased on the Playstation Network (PS3) and Xbox Live Arcade (360).  :\

Offline Pringer X

• Ultimate Super Robot
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Pringer Beam!
    • View Profile
Reply #60 on: January 04, 2009, 09:51:32 AM
(I'll use Wikipedia; Noone will ever know!)

hush you, it's been a long enough time since I've used the net that I forgot about wikipedia ><

@Nexus: Oh yeah, I forgot about that. Wait, so does that mean that the new Bionic Commando is a reboot or sequel or something?

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #61 on: January 04, 2009, 01:09:29 PM
Reboot sounds about right. Gameplay inspired by the original but not the same, 3D instead of 2D, completely new story...

Offline vile mk4

• Robot Master
  • Muchah muchah , muchah much.. KI KIRI KI CHIIiii
    • View Profile
Reply #62 on: January 04, 2009, 03:29:56 PM
Bionic commando is a franchise because the Nes game was a sequel to the arcade version. And btw, the arcade pwns the nes game.

MATA DA CAFEE, MATA DE CAFEE FEE FEEE FEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE !! AYHOYY AYHOY TE DERETETETEEE TE TERETETETETE REE TE TEEE AYHOYY AYHOY

FEEEVEEEER ...DON DONDON DONDON.... PON PON PON pon pon pon PON PON PON pon pon pon PON PON PONPON pon pon ponpon PONPON PON PON ponpon pon pon PONPONPON pon pon pon PONPATAPON ponpatapon PONPONPATAPONPONPON ponponpataponponpon NOOOOS QUEDAAAAAMOOOOOSSSS uhHIUP  ** PLOP **

BOM BOM BOM bom bom bom BOM BOM BOMBOM bom bom bombom ...AH, [tornado fang] THE WOOD, I DON NEED IT, LET'S KILL DODONGA AGAIN

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #63 on: November 24, 2009, 04:34:01 PM

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #64 on: November 24, 2009, 05:01:49 PM
That's a very old quote Vix, and from the interview wording itself, it seems more like Disney doesn't want to take a risk on a new DuckTales now. Later though? Who knows?

Offline KudosForce

• The wild card
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Will our future be good? Only the cards will tell.
    • View Profile
Reply #65 on: November 24, 2009, 05:17:39 PM
New games for Capcom franchises? Let's see...

Power Stone 3
Marvel Vs. Capcom 3
Darkstalkers 4
Viewtiful Joe 3
Strider 3

Also, I agree with vile mk4 on a SonSon sequel, starring his grand-daughter! owo Considering how fun she was in MvC2, it would be a nice service to her (especially since she's only appeared in card fighter games, so far). It helps that she'll get name recognition, thanks to MvC2's re-release.

For the record, SonSon had a sequel on the Turbographix-16, for all those who doubt SonSon's validity as a Capcom franchise. -_-

By the way, does Pirate Ship Higemaru count as a franchise (it got a NES-only sequel, after all)? '>.>

Offline Cherrykorock

• Dr Light's other creation
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Zero can divide by Zero.
    • View Profile
Reply #66 on: November 24, 2009, 05:53:25 PM
Aside from Powerstone 3 or a Megaman X9 what I honestly really want would be a new Megaman Soccer game.
Most of you probably hated that game but hey, I love it a lot.

That or another Tron Bonne game.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #67 on: November 24, 2009, 11:50:09 PM
Pretty much anything X or Legends series related gets my top vote.

Alright, I can understand all your wants for sequels, especially the continuation of certain Rockman series', but unfortunately I doubt we'll really see another Irregular Hunter X. The other games usually sold well and thus warranted sequels, but I remember hearing that IHX's sales were absolutely awful.
I'm not a big fan of the whole "MHX-ize the entire pre-PS2 series" idea, but I do maintain that they should have tried porting it to home consoles before giving up on the idea of any sequels at all.  I was hoping to at least see an MHX2 for the sake of the soundtrack alone.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Blaze Yeager

• The Loremaster
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • "To win is to lose, to lose is to win."
    • View Profile
    • Suikatei Blog
Reply #68 on: November 24, 2009, 11:51:54 PM
Two Words....FINAL FIGHT!

Into Darkness, into the Abyss. Where only anathema exists.
| https://twitter.com/BlazeMcPhearson |

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #69 on: November 24, 2009, 11:53:16 PM
Go have fun with Streetwise~ :3

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Blaze Yeager

• The Loremaster
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • "To win is to lose, to lose is to win."
    • View Profile
    • Suikatei Blog
Reply #70 on: November 24, 2009, 11:54:04 PM

Into Darkness, into the Abyss. Where only anathema exists.
| https://twitter.com/BlazeMcPhearson |

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #71 on: November 25, 2009, 12:44:12 AM
Well, you can get your Final Fight fix in Super Street Fighter IV.

Which reminds me: Poison and Hugo for Super Street Fighter IV Turbo.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline HokutoNoBen

• We Are Living! Living in 90s...90s...90s...
  • RPM Soldier
  • Nyohohoho~!
    • View Profile
Reply #72 on: November 25, 2009, 04:38:38 AM
Even though probably only a fraction of the original team is left...I could still go for a 3rd Viewtiful Joe game that wraps up the story, and tells me what's lying in that house!

Others:
* Gargoyle's Quest/Demon Crest
* new Vampire/Darkstalkers fighting game
* Rockman X and/or DASH