Sonic the Hedgehog 4 (Wii, PS3, 360, iPhone)

HokutoNoBen · 245723

Offline HokutoNoBen

• We Are Living! Living in 90s...90s...90s...
  • RPM Soldier
  • Nyohohoho~!
    • View Profile
Reply #250 on: February 06, 2010, 10:47:57 PM
At this point in time, what do they really have left to [twin slasher]? *Prays for Jet Set Radio to never get a revival unless actual proven talent does so*

Don't say things like that, man.

Some thing tells me I could STILL wake up one day, and find out something like say, a new Streets of Rage, which was turned into a GTA clone.  8D

The BEST we can hope for, is that maybe the likes of Sega's AM, the team behind Valkyria Chronicles, Treasure and/or P* (Bayonetta has done very well, so I can see more P* dealings in the future), all still do good stuff under the Sega brand name. Because really and truly? Everything else about Sega is definitely under the "needs improvement" heading, to say the least.

Offline Nekomata

• The Adorable
  • RPM Goddess
  • The Devil in The Poisoned Tuxedo
    • View Profile
Reply #251 on: February 06, 2010, 11:25:36 PM
Then, do you happen to have SRW Alpha 3? Virtual On's in it. :P
too bad they're shafted to squad filler.

Offline Alice in Entropy

• Genderifically Confuzzled
  • Master's Unit
  • MAKE LOVE FOR MY KITTENS
    • View Profile
Reply #252 on: February 06, 2010, 11:27:37 PM
Treasure

Oh god. If we were to get a sequel to Dynamite Headdy, I would break down and cry manly tears of joy.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #253 on: February 06, 2010, 11:50:28 PM
Sometimes I think it's be cool if Sega did remakes of their old sonic games, with HD and [parasitic bomb]. Would be cool.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Rad Lionheart

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Reply #254 on: February 06, 2010, 11:53:59 PM
That would be pretty cool.
As long as they don't add some kinda voice acting and [parasitic bomb] that's not needed.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #255 on: February 07, 2010, 12:22:19 AM
I dont think it would be. Considering the simplicity of the stories from 1-3.5

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Rad Lionheart

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Reply #256 on: February 07, 2010, 12:23:18 AM
But we're talkin' aboot Sega, they just might do something like that.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #257 on: February 07, 2010, 12:25:51 AM
Mmm. Maybe. We'll have to see how 4 does. otherwise, hell, they could just redo them like 4.

Offline HokutoNoBen

• RPM Soldier
  • Nyohohoho~!
    • View Profile
Reply #258 on: February 07, 2010, 12:42:30 AM
Sometimes I think it's be cool if Sega did remakes of their old sonic games, with HD and [parasitic bomb]. Would be cool.

Nah. Sonic 1-3.5 and CD are fine as is. Anything that could stand to alter them would be tantamount to messing with a good thing. No thanks.

At this point, I don't even know if I want Sega to touch an older, but much more obscure game like Knux Chaotix either. Chaotix was definitely not the best game in the series, but anything modern Sega could do to it would likely make it worse.

Wouldn't mind so much if AM decided to do another fighting game though. Or hell, just take their contributions, Bark and Bean (the two who actually appeared in Sonic the Fighters), and have them be the start of their own "franchise". Do it now, while most people don't even remember them as Sonic characters!  8D 

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #259 on: February 07, 2010, 01:00:52 AM
Eye candy never hurts, "good as is" or not. Street fighter was good as is and SF2 HD is sweet.

Plus like I said, if they do Sonic 4 right, it coult show that they can still make a decent sonic game.

Offline HokutoNoBen

• RPM Soldier
  • Nyohohoho~!
    • View Profile
Reply #260 on: February 07, 2010, 02:02:12 AM
Eye candy never hurts, "good as is" or not. Street fighter was good as is and SF2 HD is sweet.

Plus like I said, if they do Sonic 4 right, it coult show that they can still make a decent sonic game.

Difference is, SSF2T HD was marketed on the premise of it ALSO being a rebalanced version of the game. For all sakes and purposes, it was a "new" game (or indeed, as much is as necessary when considering it as yet another SF2 update. 8D ). If such were otherwise, I wouldn't have seen the game doing but so well, because most would have been just like "Why couldn't you just do a new game, instead of redrawing a classic that didn't need it?!"

That sort of thing is appreciated for a game that has a heavy "versus/competitive" edge for it.

What would be the reason for making the older Sonic games "HD", in any sort of way? Just to pretty up the same games that we've had the opportunity to play for years now, especially if we count all the various ports for practically every major console released in the last few years, with YET ANOTHER on the way (DS Sonic Collection)?

No thanks, on this end. Save that time and money on trying to make sure that there are quality Sonic games to be made in the future. They already have an uphill battle with just Sonic 4, alone...

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #261 on: February 07, 2010, 02:32:38 AM
If they re visit the classics, there is the possibility they might gleam anything from it, and then use that insight on future games. Although, with Sonic Unleashed, who knows, the next "New" game might be a second step in the right direction. Maybe even give us that Sonic Adventure 3 Unleashed originally started out as.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #262 on: February 07, 2010, 02:44:42 AM
If they re visit the classics, there is the possibility they might gleam anything from it, and then use that insight on future games. Although, with Sonic Unleashed, who knows, the next "New" game might be a second step in the right direction. Maybe even give us that Sonic Adventure 3 Unleashed originally started out as.

Really though, what is Sonic Adventure 3 more than a namesake at this point? Unleashed pretty much topped the Adventure style games even if the final product wasn't received well (sadly at that).

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #263 on: February 07, 2010, 02:52:10 AM
Unleashed didn't even beat Heroes. It's better than ShTH, but that's like preferring a kick in the chest to one square in the [Iggy's Balls].

Unleashed's camera wasn't even good. At least SA and SA2's cameras were decent. Unleashed's graphics and audio may have been fine, but that's it.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #264 on: February 07, 2010, 02:53:59 AM
Camera was fine to me. Ill admit, werehog had some frustrating camera angles, but not too many. what was surprising, was that the reviewers liked the Wii version over the 360 version.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #265 on: February 07, 2010, 02:55:20 AM
Unleashed didn't even beat Heroes.

Oh God... Stopped reading here. Sorry, but no.

Then again, this is all IMO stuff so feel free to disregard.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #266 on: February 07, 2010, 03:25:27 AM
Well, I personally regard Shadow higher than Heroes, so that post didn't make much sense to me anyway.

I'd probably like Heroes a lot better if the team selection meant something other than the game's difficulty setting.  Funny, most Sonic games mismanage multiple characters by making them too radically different, but Heroes had the opposite problem.  There was almost no difference ability-wise between the teams, and whatever little difference there was always acted as a functional substitute.  So your team selection was pretty much pointless, unless you were crazy enough to enjoy the Chaotix missions.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #267 on: February 07, 2010, 03:41:18 AM
They were annoying. But nonetheless intriguing.
Does that count?

I really liked Heroes. I liked its stages. Plus it was the last time we got to hear the REAL voice actors of the Sonic series. I miss Shadow's original VA.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #268 on: February 07, 2010, 04:26:49 AM
Honestly, I feel Heroes and Shadow get too much hate. Granted though, most of Shadow's hate is deserved, I enjoyed the game, but no way in hell I'll replay it ever again.

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #269 on: February 07, 2010, 04:55:05 AM
I know what you mean.  Heroes is my least favorite of the new-age Sonics (that I've played), and even I've wound up defending it.  The games still have their redeeming points, they're just not as consistent as they used to be.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #270 on: February 07, 2010, 05:13:18 AM
I replay Shadow alot. I dont know, but I found that most of the stages were VERY fun. Well, a few were nightmares and others terrible... But the majority were pretty fun. the different mission objectives were interesting too, as they provided different gameplay  for that single stage, and when you think about it, ShTHH actually HAD a few branching paths in the stages.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #271 on: February 07, 2010, 06:34:14 AM
Plus it was the last time we got to hear the REAL voice actors of the Sonic series. I miss Shadow's original VA.

Good actors can't make bad scripts good. And Heroes started the trend of everyone in a Sonic game not shutting the [tornado fang] up. Thankfully, Unleashed got rid of that.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline AquaTeamV3

• Class SSS Digger
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Your friendly neighborhood digger!
    • View Profile
    • The Digger's Database
Reply #272 on: February 07, 2010, 06:42:27 AM
Shadow the Hedgehog is a lot more fun when playing Neutral missions.  I hated that "kill every enemy" nonsense in the Hero/Dark missions.

PSN: AquaTeamV3
NNID: BaconStunner
GGPO: AquaTeamV3
My YouTube Channel
The Digger's Database (My Megaman Legends site)

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #273 on: February 07, 2010, 08:00:59 AM
Okay, I'll admit. I didn't thought that SH and SHtH are SOOO BAAAAD. I just frankly found them tiring and boring. I couldn't even finish Heroes, to which I still have access. Unlike, Sonic Adventure DX(for PC) which I played so [tornado fang]ing much, I thought I go crazy(from awesome).

Also, the only original VA's I miss are Omega(his 06 voice is [tornado fang]ing HORRIBLE) and of course...

GET A LOAD OF THIS!
ALL SYSTEMS! FULL POWERRRRR!

Does anyone know who I am talking about? : D

Offline Alice in Entropy

• Genderifically Confuzzled
  • Master's Unit
  • MAKE LOVE FOR MY KITTENS
    • View Profile
Reply #274 on: February 07, 2010, 01:34:55 PM
Does anyone know who I am talking about? : D

Deem Bristow was indeed perfect for Dr. Robotnik; he had just the right combination of charisma, wickedness and theatrical hamminess in his voice to portray the character, and it really felt like he could get into the role. However, I could say the same about Mike Pollock, whom I still believe does a [tornado fang]ing awesome Eggman.

How about we just say anyone who's ever played Eggman seems to do a good job at it?