Sonic the Hedgehog 4 (Wii, PS3, 360, iPhone)

HokutoNoBen · 245772

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #650 on: March 07, 2010, 08:11:39 PM

I can't stop laughing at this photo!

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #651 on: March 07, 2010, 08:23:37 PM
Yes because an unfinished hack is indicative of an official product.

I'm only referring to the fact that Megamix gives you the option to turn off Super Sonic music. Wish they'd do the same for invincibility and speed shoes.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #652 on: March 08, 2010, 07:29:41 PM
Oh, and look at that! Useless enemy "air bridges" also returned!

Air bridges are for wussies. I spent half of Sonic Rush and Adventure without using them unless it's forced into a stage whereas you have no choice. Looking at you, last act (Yes, before the Final Boss, I always referr to Act 7's last chance emerald zone as the "Last Act").

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #653 on: March 08, 2010, 09:50:50 PM
Finally! FINALLY!

Playable Super Sonic!

I'm not worried about the Homing Attack or the enemy bridge; honestly, they're awesome (in theory) in 2D. We'll see how the mechanics on that plays out.

I got what I wanted. Now I wait.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #654 on: March 08, 2010, 10:26:33 PM
Sounds good to me.
I DO worry about this "New move" though.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #655 on: March 09, 2010, 12:43:51 AM
...So basically, ol boy Iizuka went for this whole "DLC" avenue in the first place, because they couldn't see people spending 50-60 bucks for a 2D Sonic game on disc.
I'll be curious as to how the combined price of all four DLC episodes compares.  Because I'm VERY eager to call bull on that one; I find it more likely that they simply enjoy the iron grip that DLC gives the distributor on the product.

So, Iizuka was asked about Tails and Knux, gave no definite answer but hinted they'd be in Episode 2.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Waifu

• Ultimate Despair
  • Master's Unit
  • Kanako, the Moriya Shrine Goddess
    • View Profile
Reply #656 on: March 09, 2010, 03:03:08 AM
As long as we keep with Sonic, Robotnik, Tails and Knuckles with no new friends, I am going to love this game.

Offline STM

• says you shouldn't play with your
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Reply #657 on: March 09, 2010, 10:08:55 AM
And if Fang is in to mug you of the emeralds in episode 2?

Offline Waifu

• Ultimate Despair
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #658 on: March 09, 2010, 03:57:37 PM
That would be great too!

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #659 on: March 09, 2010, 10:15:20 PM
What we need is MIGHTY! I've been saying this since frickin' Sonic and the Black Knight. WE NEED MIGHTY BACK!

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline AquaTeamV3

• Class SSS Digger
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Your friendly neighborhood digger!
    • View Profile
    • The Digger's Database
Reply #660 on: March 09, 2010, 10:30:44 PM
What we need is MIGHTY! I've been saying this since frickin' Sonic and the Black Knight. WE NEED MIGHTY BACK!

But that's not going to happen as the guy who designed him ragequit.  :\  I still say that it'd be very sweet to get playable Metal Sonic (or at least have him as a boss).

PSN: AquaTeamV3
NNID: BaconStunner
GGPO: AquaTeamV3
My YouTube Channel
The Digger's Database (My Megaman Legends site)

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #661 on: March 09, 2010, 10:33:05 PM
I hate ragequitters.

Wait, even though he quit, he's still an established part of the Sonicverse, right? So can't Sega bring him back? It's not like he took the copyrights and stuff to Mighty with him...

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP

Offline AquaTeamV3

• Class SSS Digger
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • The Digger's Database
Reply #662 on: March 09, 2010, 11:17:38 PM
That's exactly what the guy did! XD

My YouTube Channel

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #663 on: March 09, 2010, 11:22:49 PM
Well, let's hunt him down and steal them from him so Mighty can be in this.

Offline AquaTeamV3

• Class SSS Digger
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • The Digger's Database
Reply #664 on: March 09, 2010, 11:23:44 PM
Wait, scratch that.  I just looked into the matter, and apparently that whole thing about Mighty leaving was a hoax.  He was more or less scrapped because Sonic Heroes' teams are made of 3 characters.  That said, I agree that he's long overdue for a return, along with Ray the Squirrel!

My YouTube Channel

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #665 on: March 09, 2010, 11:26:58 PM
Bean the Dynamite?

Offline HokutoNoBen

• We Are Living! Living in 90s...90s...90s...
  • RPM Soldier
  • Nyohohoho~!
    • View Profile
Reply #666 on: March 09, 2010, 11:38:09 PM
I dunno what the fuss is about Mighty. I mean, really, back in Chaotix, he was just a palette swap of Sonic, with a wall-jump ability.  8D

Any way, the likes of Mighty and Fang are among the only ones I have left who have yet to be sodomized by modern day Sega/Sonic. Frankly, I'd prefer it to stay that way. Or hell, give 'em to the likes of Sega AM, Treasure or P*, and allow them to start anew (and FAR FAR AWAY from Izuka and dem).  8D

Bean the Dynamite?

Bean and Bark both may have appeared in Sonic the Fighters, but technically, they are Sega AM (Virtua Fighter, Fighting Vipers, etc)'s creations, who appeared as "guest characters" in StF, and later in Fighters Megamix.

If AM ever got around to doing another "light-hearted" fighting game starring those two and Honey, I'd be ecstatic. Again, just keep them far away from SegaSonic!  -u-'   

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #667 on: March 10, 2010, 01:04:56 AM
Yeesh, at least I knew about Bean. Then again, the Sky Fish is a Sonic maniac (who still admits that the later games are basically [parasitic bomb], so a good Sonic maniac)

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #668 on: March 11, 2010, 09:14:56 AM
relevant.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Gotham Ranger

• Magic Everywhere In This Bitch
  • Master's Unit
  • Ooo, shiny~
    • View Profile
Reply #669 on: March 11, 2010, 09:32:43 AM
Something looks off, but I can't decipher what

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #670 on: March 12, 2010, 12:37:23 AM
That's exactly what the guy did! XD

I know you already retracted that, but I just thought I'd chime in: Archie comics still uses Mighty under the Sonic license.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline STM

• says you shouldn't play with your
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Reply #671 on: March 12, 2010, 12:49:42 AM
In reality, it's because the character has no noticeable niche that isn't taken up by another character:

Knuckles is the brother from another mother character now in that there's a rivalry, but no different from the one you'd see between two best friends or brothers.

Shadow, meanwhile, moved into Knuckles' old gimmick of being a straight rival, only with the new anti-hero centered trait of all his actions being for his own benefit, so he dances a line in between both good and evil.

Silver is the upstart rookie who wishes to show how competent he is... pretty much Axl.

Blaze is also in Shadow's rival character archetype but she leans much more toward good.

And of course, we have Metal Sonic, who is swinging between master and slave, but regardless, is considered a ruthless killing machine or a loudspeaker for Eggman.

Where would Mighty fit in? Having two alike characters isn't encouraged in gaming or story writing in general unless there's a damn good reason for them being alike.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #672 on: March 12, 2010, 01:40:33 AM
Silver is the upstart rookie who wishes to show how competent he is... pretty much Axl.
Is it just me, or does Silver SOUND just like Axl as well as generally being the same kind of character?

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #673 on: March 12, 2010, 02:04:10 AM
In reality, it's because the character has no noticeable niche that isn't taken up by another character:
Well, Sega's already ignored that ability-wise (Werehog vs Chaos 0).  Character-wise, there are so damn many new-age Sonic characters that I doubt it'd matter.  Where do the likes of Big and Cream fit into those character niches?

I'm going with the popular opinion that Mighty got booted out of the Chaotix due to Heroes' 3-character system.  That in turn effectively severs all of his character relations, unless Sega is willing to bring Ray back.  There's no reason they can't have him return, and rewrite him as they did the rest of the Chaotix, to fit whatever role they see fit.  They just won't.

Mighty may not need to be as prevalent as, say, Knuckles or Shadow, but I think he could stand to make another appearance.

Offline Waifu

• Ultimate Despair
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #674 on: March 12, 2010, 02:30:09 AM
At least Axl managed redeem to himself (sort of) in Command Mission and X8 by being less annoying but Silver is just some weird intrusion that I felt should had stayed in one game.

Well, Sega's already ignored that ability-wise (Werehog vs Chaos 0).  Character-wise, there are so damn many new-age Sonic characters that I doubt it'd matter.  Where do the likes of Big and Cream fit into those character niches?

Cream & Cheese have a character niche?