Nintendo Power announces Mega Man 10

Jazz Shaking · 95489

Offline Black Mage J

• Sucking on fingers.
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #250 on: December 10, 2009, 04:19:15 AM
I predict this battle will rage on till good saturday. That and the whole MM10 thing will be the same, people who will like will like it, and we shall get an MM11.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #251 on: December 10, 2009, 04:19:54 AM
I predict this battle will rage on till good saturday.

I think It won't, because I'll lock this soon. It's not going anywhere.

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #252 on: December 10, 2009, 04:20:09 AM
Hmm, should we make RM prediction again?

Oh yes. This should be fun. :)

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #253 on: December 10, 2009, 04:21:02 AM
If anything, we'll probably create a new topic in the Classic Rockman thread about Character Predictions, Playable Blues, etc.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #254 on: December 10, 2009, 04:21:52 AM
Even with SNES sprites & sound effects?

And here's a fun thought too: Would the Sonic series have been better all around if they had just kept the S3&K/CD formula going?
Yes, because the SNES cant handle those kinds of cutscenes.
Also, X3 had remixed music. it was an enhanced port. (yknow, like OSS) Capcom wouldnt make that, if they make an SNES X game, going with what they are doing with 8 bit 9 and 10, they will stick to X1-3 limitations. which means no animated cutscenes. Just like Acid said, Black boxes with white text.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline borockman

• Super avatar painter in training
  • Legendary Hero
  • DONALD ANGRY! DONALD SMASH!!
    • View Profile
Reply #255 on: December 10, 2009, 04:22:39 AM
If anything, we'll probably create a new topic in the Classic Rockman thread about Character Predictions, Playable Blues, etc.

DO IT!  >BD

Proud member of Indigo tribe!

Offline Rad Lionheart

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Reply #256 on: December 10, 2009, 04:23:14 AM
It's always about Playable Blues with you, isn't it?

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #257 on: December 10, 2009, 04:23:18 AM
Black boxes with white text.

Colored text! I wouldn't mind X1 mugs though.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #258 on: December 10, 2009, 04:23:21 AM
I think It won't, because I'll lock this soon. It's not going anywhere.

I don't feel like locking this one is a good idea since this is easily gonna be one of RPM's biggest topics for a while and letting it filter out into different areas of the site would make things a bit crazy. At the same time, the debate over what should happen over a game that hasn't even been confirmed to exist and the exchange that's been going on is kinda counterproductive to what we should be talking about here. In case anyone forgot what that was, let me remind you:

JESUS [tornado fang], IT'S MEGA MAN 10.

Seriously guys. XD

Offline Black Mage J

• Sucking on fingers.
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #259 on: December 10, 2009, 04:23:25 AM
This was an eventful day, though I must say that my enthusiasm for this game has died after this conversation, I should be heading to rest now.
Alright then, lets be happy we got some really good news for once instead of operation shooting comet red tiger edition.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #260 on: December 10, 2009, 04:24:08 AM
Yknow, i've heard a few people worrying over the 3rd character. I cant see why. Its either one of 3. Forte, Roll, or Duo. (Unless Capcom SERIOUSLY decides to introduce a new character)

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Emiri Landeel

• M i s s i n g   i n   a c t i o n
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Put your faith in me and I'll show ya.
    • View Profile
Reply #261 on: December 10, 2009, 04:24:13 AM
Holy cow! What am I missing!?!

MEGAMAN 10 already?  :O

Offline Gaia

• Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #262 on: December 10, 2009, 04:24:58 AM
JESUS [tornado fang], IT'S MEGA MAN 10.

I always felt like X9 and Legends are bombs of debate anyway, once it goes off, it will be awhile. XD

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

Offline Rad Lionheart

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Reply #263 on: December 10, 2009, 04:25:55 AM
I'd rather see a Legends 3 take shape.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #264 on: December 10, 2009, 04:27:24 AM
Colored text! I wouldn't mind X1 mugs though.
The mugs were nice. then they got rid of them in X2 & 3. X4 brought them back to an extent, then X5 got rid of them again. X6 had them again, (for everyone this time) and then X7 got rid of it AGAIN. X8 then reintroduced them sort of again.
wait. Im sensing a bit of a pattern here...

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #265 on: December 10, 2009, 04:28:18 AM
Also, X3 had remixed music. it was an enhanced port. (yknow, like OSS) Capcom wouldnt make that, if they make an SNES X game, going with what they are doing with 8 bit 9 and 10, they will stick to X1-3 limitations. which means no animated cutscenes. Just like Acid said, Black boxes with white text.

LoL, oh man this is priceless.

Let me just ask one more time, so I'm sure about this.  Even if it's the exact gameplay style of the X1-X3 games, everything intact including the lack of loading times, the SNES X style music, sound effects, etc., it would cease to be an SNES style game simply because they added in Anime Cutscenes?

Also, to follow this question up with another, if they made X9 as what I just described up above (SNES X1-X3 style gameplay w/ anime cutscenes), if you consider this to be a Saturn/PS1 game, you'd have no problem with this being X9?

It's always about Playable Blues with you, isn't it?

It's Playable Blues!  That's all that matters!

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #266 on: December 10, 2009, 04:28:30 AM
LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLEGENDS?!

No seriously, I wouldn't mind MML3 if it had Wii's controls and a more active plot. And something akin to Robot Masters + weapons and wasn't linear.

Also, lol Protoshredder.

Offline Black Mage J

• Sucking on fingers.
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #267 on: December 10, 2009, 04:29:58 AM
Well anyways guys, im off to go do some resting and whatnot, have fun talking about hte amazing fantastic wonderful, news we got.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #268 on: December 10, 2009, 04:30:32 AM

Here's another thing that's been bugging me about this train of thought. Is it that the SNES can't handle the cutscenes or they can't handle the cutscenes based on your perception of what cutscenes should be like in the year 2010? I seem to recall a great number of games having memorable and well done cutscenes on the SNES you know (mostly RPGs but still). To say that either people aren't creative enough to work out a pretty cool way to do something like that or shun the notion of doing it that way because teh pretty and teh shiny have clouded your mind and dulled your reception to anything less that a certain standard is kinda "huh" inducing.

Also, let me be the first person to say that cutscenes, cinematics, and by extension cinematic gaming are all [tornado fang]ing jokes. As much as I'm a person who can see the merits to doing a lot of things differently and can see the positives with these types of games, when you have people that believe that more shiny is necessary to make a decent game, all I can do is sigh.

Well anyways guys, im off to go do some resting and whatnot, have fun talking about hte amazing fantastic wonderful, news we got.

We get it, you're going to sleep. :P

Offline Gaia

• Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #269 on: December 10, 2009, 04:31:38 AM
I'd rather see a Legends 3 take shape.

Hahaha, as soon as someone mentions "Legends", it suddenly becomes a god amongst MM sub-series.. I see how it is. XD

The mugs were nice. then they got rid of them in X2 & 3. X4 brought them back to an extent, then X5 got rid of them again. X6 had them again, (for everyone this time) and then X7 got rid of it AGAIN. X8 then reintroduced them sort of again.
wait. Im sensing a bit of a pattern here...

Yeah, I kind of see it too.. I think it's something about keeping quality, huh.. :/

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #270 on: December 10, 2009, 04:32:01 AM

Aren't there things in 9 that the NES can't handle anyways? I remember hearing that Galaxyman would cause it to explode.

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #271 on: December 10, 2009, 04:32:53 AM
LoL, oh man this is priceless.

Let me just ask one more time, so I'm sure about this.  Even if it's the exact gameplay style of the X1-X3 games, everything intact including the lack of loading times, the SNES X style music, sound effects, etc., it would cease to be an SNES style game simply because they added in Anime Cutscenes?

Also, to follow this question up with another, if they made X9 as what I just described up above (SNES X1-X3 style gameplay w/ anime cutscenes), if you consider this to be a Saturn/PS1 game, you'd have no problem with this being X9?

you have to think of it this way PB. if Capcom could, they would be selling cartriges. which would have no cutscenes. this is what they are doing instead. Digital cartriges. they wont break away from the SNES or NES style mold.
but, to answer the question, no. I wouldnt. I dont have it against the system, its against they sprite style. ESPECIALLY for the X series. I am upset at 10, but hell, ill get over it in a few days. but if they did this to the X series, it would a be a long time before I get over it.
Aren't there things in 9 that the NES can't handle anyways? I remember hearing that Galaxyman would cause it to explode.
There are things that just barely break the mold, yes, but its nothing that the inexperienced player knows.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #272 on: December 10, 2009, 04:34:35 AM
I see no problems with Capcom selling cartridge equivalent games at a 10 dollar price point in 2010 for gameplay that is tried and true, timeless and needs no more or less.

Offline borockman

• Super avatar painter in training
  • Legendary Hero
  • DONALD ANGRY! DONALD SMASH!!
    • View Profile
Reply #273 on: December 10, 2009, 04:38:00 AM
Too bad our DWII isn't here, he will go nuts!  XD

Proud member of Indigo tribe!

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #274 on: December 10, 2009, 04:41:22 AM
I see no problems with Capcom selling cartridge equivalent games at a 10 dollar price point in 2010 for gameplay that is tried and true, timeless and needs no more or less.
They wanted to. I forgot the exact reason they stated on why. Something about outdated technology, but I dont remember.