The RPM Lantern Corps

Protoman Blues · 155739

Offline Black Mage J

• Sucking on fingers.
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #625 on: January 21, 2010, 03:22:15 AM
Here is my tale of a  non confusing  explanation (Unlike like Crisis Core to FF7, still good game though!)
[spoiler]As the war of the different lanterns begun their epic battle. Nova was drifting as he saw the stars, they were fading, fading, nothing. Suddenly black holes started consuming the rest of space, the battle was tearing the light apart. Nova soon became enraged at this, his very heritage were getting destroyed because of this war Nova crashed upon the earth, leaving a smoldering crater and the trees burning, he was empty inside, all for his core. The very thought that this was happening was making him angry, the sad, he wanted to suck the life, to teach a lesson to the people of this world. As he flew through the planet, he saw the various lanterns fighting, before he knew it, he was caught between the crossfire.

Both shots form the lanterns attacked him, sucking away his flames as they became flickers in the black night. His core fell to the ground as it hit with a dead thud. No more than a rock. As the black lantern ring found Nova's core, giving it new light, empty dark, soulless light. Nova yelled as his renewed energy came to him, blasting away the lanterns. This pathetic world is killing itself, no more stars, then I am no more, I shall bring them death as they did my friends.[/spoiler]
The stars will die and kill the light
The world will fall to endless night
The sun will weep for Black Nova's core
Your heroes fall, the day is no more!
(Thanks to Lucky for the sweet poem!)

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #626 on: January 21, 2010, 07:56:24 AM
 owob Cool story bro!
Seriously. That was pretty cool.  :cookie:

I think imma Re-Do Flame's. I wasnt too satisfied with it.
[spoiler]As the mystical power rings of the emotional spectrum one day descended upon RPM, many of RPM's members were recruited into what was called the "Lantern corps". PB, with a willpower almost as strong as his ego, into the Green, Sparky, craving power, into the Red, and Vixy, unsurprisingly, into the Star Sapphires, embodying love. Many other members would follow suit. Their conflicts were quite the problem. Leaving much destruction in its wake.

However, when the reanimation of RPM's dead started, an even bigger threat arose. The Black Lantern corps. As the darkness of these new Black rings descended upon RPM, many of the dead became reanimated... shadows, specters, malicious shells of their former selves, out for the life of the still living. The streets were alit with fire, and the sky was as black as ever. Not a single star in sight. Not even the moon. Black. Blacker than the blackest black. The battles between the Corps had left many casualties in its wake. Fuel for the Black Lantern corps' ranks.

Flame and his space station had decided not to get involved with the various corps, merely providing local aid to civilians, who were left in the middle of the conflict, trying to move people to his space station, where miraculously, none of the Lanterns had decided to turn their sights to.

Until one day, the inpenetrable FAUST was breached. Black Lanterns. Persued closely by Green Lanterns. the fight between them raged on, as the Black rings reanimated dead Green Lanterns and FAUST's troops who were unfortunate enough to get caught in crossfire. The station was being torn apart. Flame had the soldiers equip the experimental weapons that he had acumulated over time. Ever since Wily ll had become a Mod, He made sure it was his task to do the inspections of FAUST. As such, he ususally let Flame's stores of experimental dangerous weapons and equipment slide, since he knew Flame wouldnt do anything bad with them.

And that day, Flame was ever so glad he had been allowed them. They seemed to be effective agains the Black lanterns, being able to hold them at bay. But FAUST was losing altitude quickly at thedestruction of it's external thrusters. Flame ran to the power reactor room, right above the Giga Cannon, in an attempt to redirect all energy to the stabilizers. The power reactor was part of a gigantic crystaline structure housing a pillar made entirely of energy. But as Flame reached the rafters above it, The Black Lanterns broke through. Flame attacked them with one of the experimental weapons he brought along, but he was overtaken by the lanterns, who grabbed him by the neck, the corpse's  strength beyond even Flame's mechanical Limbs' power.

"WillPower... Rage...."

Flame punched at the monster, only for his fist to be subsequently caught, and crushed.
The Lantern then reached back, and thrust his hand through Flame's chest, ripping out his heart, tearing into the partially mechanized organ with it's foul mouth. Flame could normally survive that, but the creature no longer needing him, lifted Flame, and then, threw him away into the opposite wall, the force of the supernatural strengthened impact shattering his steel spine. Flame fell through the crystaline structure into th power core.

A few hours later, the Green lanterns sucessfully quelled the black rings and destroyed their hosts. But one ring remained active, barely escaping total destruction. It flew past the lanterns faster than they could notice, and dove into the broken crystal surrounding the power reactor. A malignant voice was heard, the voice from the ring reciting a dark and evil oath...

"The Blackest Night falls from the skies,
    The darkness grows as all light dies,
    We crave your hearts and your demise,
    By my black hand--The dead shall rise! "

"Flame of RPM..."
"RISE"

And the rest of the crystal shattered as the energy pillar turned black and it's polarity reversed, engulfing the entire station in a malignant shockwave, any survivors o the attack withering and dying in the degrading pressure.
Out of the pillar rose Flame, his wounds healed, his burnt skin regenerating...
Instantly, Flames eyes snapped open, his irises blood red and the sclera pitch black. From the corner of his eyes, blood leaked down his cheeks, embedding itself into his skin, creating red markings. His pitch black armor was now with gray highlights rather than red, and with a dead white glow emanating from the lights on his boots. On the chest of his armor, black-gray smoke arose as the insignia of the Black lantern corps appeared.

"Flame of RPM... Welcome to the Black Lantern corps..."

[/spoiler]
To quote Grenade Man, [[tornado fang]] That felt good!
I really need to write more often. Its a refreshing exercise.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Black Mage J

• Sucking on fingers.
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #627 on: January 22, 2010, 03:20:42 AM
owob Cool story bro!
Seriously. That was pretty cool.  :cookie:

I think imma Re-Do Flame's. I wasnt too satisfied with it.
[spoiler]As the mystical power rings of the emotional spectrum one day descended upon RPM, many of RPM's members were recruited into what was called the "Lantern corps". PB, with a willpower almost as strong as his ego, into the Green, Sparky, craving power, into the Red, and Vixy, unsurprisingly, into the Star Sapphires, embodying love. Many other members would follow suit. Their conflicts were quite the problem. Leaving much destruction in its wake.

However, when the reanimation of RPM's dead started, an even bigger threat arose. The Black Lantern corps. As the darkness of these new Black rings descended upon RPM, many of the dead became reanimated... shadows, specters, malicious shells of their former selves, out for the life of the still living. The streets were alit with fire, and the sky was as black as ever. Not a single star in sight. Not even the moon. Black. Blacker than the blackest black. The battles between the Corps had left many casualties in its wake. Fuel for the Black Lantern corps' ranks.

Flame and his space station had decided not to get involved with the various corps, merely providing local aid to civilians, who were left in the middle of the conflict, trying to move people to his space station, where miraculously, none of the Lanterns had decided to turn their sights to.

Until one day, the inpenetrable FAUST was breached. Black Lanterns. Persued closely by Green Lanterns. the fight between them raged on, as the Black rings reanimated dead Green Lanterns and FAUST's troops who were unfortunate enough to get caught in crossfire. The station was being torn apart. Flame had the soldiers equip the experimental weapons that he had acumulated over time. Ever since Wily ll had become a Mod, He made sure it was his task to do the inspections of FAUST. As such, he ususally let Flame's stores of experimental dangerous weapons and equipment slide, since he knew Flame wouldnt do anything bad with them.

And that day, Flame was ever so glad he had been allowed them. They seemed to be effective agains the Black lanterns, being able to hold them at bay. But FAUST was losing altitude quickly at thedestruction of it's external thrusters. Flame ran to the power reactor room, right above the Giga Cannon, in an attempt to redirect all energy to the stabilizers. The power reactor was part of a gigantic crystaline structure housing a pillar made entirely of energy. But as Flame reached the rafters above it, The Black Lanterns broke through. Flame attacked them with one of the experimental weapons he brought along, but he was overtaken by the lanterns, who grabbed him by the neck, the corpse's  strength beyond even Flame's mechanical Limbs' power.

"WillPower... Rage...."

Flame punched at the monster, only for his fist to be subsequently caught, and crushed.
The Lantern then reached back, and thrust his hand through Flame's chest, ripping out his heart, tearing into the partially mechanized organ with it's foul mouth. Flame could normally survive that, but the creature no longer needing him, lifted Flame, and then, threw him away into the opposite wall, the force of the supernatural strengthened impact shattering his steel spine. Flame fell through the crystaline structure into th power core.

A few hours later, the Green lanterns sucessfully quelled the black rings and destroyed their hosts. But one ring remained active, barely escaping total destruction. It flew past the lanterns faster than they could notice, and dove into the broken crystal surrounding the power reactor. A malignant voice was heard, the voice from the ring reciting a dark and evil oath...

"The Blackest Night falls from the skies,
    The darkness grows as all light dies,
    We crave your hearts and your demise,
    By my black hand--The dead shall rise! "

"Flame of RPM..."
"RISE"

And the rest of the crystal shattered as the energy pillar turned black and it's polarity reversed, engulfing the entire station in a malignant shockwave, any survivors o the attack withering and dying in the degrading pressure.
Out of the pillar rose Flame, his wounds healed, his burnt skin regenerating...
Instantly, Flames eyes snapped open, his irises blood red and the sclera pitch black. From the corner of his eyes, blood leaked down his cheeks, embedding itself into his skin, creating red markings. His pitch black armor was now with gray highlights rather than red, and with a dead white glow emanating from the lights on his boots. On the chest of his armor, black-gray smoke arose as the insignia of the Black lantern corps appeared.

"Flame of RPM... Welcome to the Black Lantern corps..."

[/spoiler]
To quote Grenade Man, [[tornado fang]] That felt good!
I really need to write more often. Its a refreshing exercise.
Thankies, Flame! Actually, I kinda got inspiration from your first work.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #628 on: January 22, 2010, 03:34:40 AM
Really? I feel touched.
Glad I was of help then I guess. XD

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #629 on: January 22, 2010, 03:49:11 AM
Pretty good bio, Flame.  Well done.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #630 on: January 22, 2010, 04:56:28 AM
You think so? I tried harder on this one.

Offline Musashi-COM

• Net Navi
  • No worries, mate
    • View Profile
    • MusashiAA's 8-bit Box
Reply #631 on: January 22, 2010, 05:10:53 AM
Great story, man. Simply great owob.

But there's something I don't get. I understand why blue is Hope. Same with red and violet, but...why is green related with "willpower"? I've always related it with "judgement" or something that's always looking towards balance (maybe having something to do with nature always being represented with "green" and that the same is one of the best examples of balance). This thing really intrigues me *o*.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #632 on: January 22, 2010, 05:29:50 AM
Great story, man. Simply great owob.

But there's something I don't get. I understand why blue is Hope. Same with red and violet, but...why is green related with "willpower"? I've always related it with "judgement" or something that's always looking towards balance (maybe having something to do with nature always being represented with "green" and that the same is one of the best examples of balance). This thing really intrigues me *o*.

Because the power of the Green Ring is fueled by the Willpower of the wielder.  The Green Lantern Corps has always worked that way.

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #633 on: January 22, 2010, 06:11:02 AM
Well, green is also often associated with courage. In that sense, willpower fits in.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #634 on: January 22, 2010, 06:16:15 AM
How about "Just because."

Offline Musashi-COM

• Net Navi
  • No worries, mate
    • View Profile
    • MusashiAA's 8-bit Box

Offline TeaOfJay

• Resident Talking Tea Cup/ Lazy Super Hero
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • ROW ROW FIGHT DA POWAH!
    • View Profile
Reply #636 on: January 23, 2010, 11:12:51 AM
So yeah, here's the back story on how I became a Red Lantern Tea Cup.

[spoiler]A few years back TeaOfJay was once human until he was cursed for no apparent reason to take the form of a tea cup. Maybe someone thought it was funny since the word "tea" is in his name? No one's really sure. Despite the curse TeaOfJay found a way to go around the curse and gained the ability to change into his human form whenever he wished. He did so and became the laziest superhero LazyMan. However, eventually he lost control of this ability and permanently became a tea cup. This infuriated TeaOfJay to the point that he swore hot, scalding vengeance upon the universe. He doesn't really care who he dumps his never ending supply of scalding tea on; whether they be enemy or foe.

He has yet to do any major damage as of yet, but hopefully his rage can be subsided before he learns how to flood the universe in scalding Earl Grey. Personally, I don't like tea. But I'm just the narrator so you probably don't care about my opinion, do you?[/spoiler]

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #637 on: January 24, 2010, 07:14:50 AM
Yknow, Black Hand Sky needs a bio.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #638 on: January 24, 2010, 08:18:21 AM
Yknow, Black Hand Sky needs a bio.

It's on the front page.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #639 on: January 24, 2010, 08:51:29 AM
Oh. Cool. Didnt see that.
That was a pretty cool read.

Offline Black Mage J

• Sucking on fingers.
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #640 on: January 24, 2010, 05:17:58 PM
I like the way you narrate the story of Jay, interesting read, kinda funny too.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #641 on: January 24, 2010, 06:04:38 PM
Scalding Earl Gray.
Well, at least it's a good tea. So scalding death will taste good. 8D

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #642 on: January 26, 2010, 05:13:54 PM
So yeah, here's the back story on how I became a Red Lantern Tea Cup.

[spoiler]A few years back TeaOfJay was once human until he was cursed for no apparent reason to take the form of a tea cup. Maybe someone thought it was funny since the word "tea" is in his name? No one's really sure. Despite the curse TeaOfJay found a way to go around the curse and gained the ability to change into his human form whenever he wished. He did so and became the laziest superhero LazyMan. However, eventually he lost control of this ability and permanently became a tea cup. This infuriated TeaOfJay to the point that he swore hot, scalding vengeance upon the universe. He doesn't really care who he dumps his never ending supply of scalding tea on; whether they be enemy or foe.

He has yet to do any major damage as of yet, but hopefully his rage can be subsided before he learns how to flood the universe in scalding Earl Grey. Personally, I don't like tea. But I'm just the narrator so you probably don't care about my opinion, do you?[/spoiler]
But I do care!

Seriously, great read there... Scalding Earl Grey flooding the universe... XD

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #643 on: February 11, 2010, 12:54:03 AM
I replaced Thanatos.

Offline Black Mage J

• Sucking on fingers.
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #644 on: February 11, 2010, 12:57:26 AM
Looks nice!...but who is it?

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #645 on: February 11, 2010, 01:02:25 AM
Rockman Kenny.  You're up next on my draw list.

Offline Black Mage J

• Sucking on fingers.
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #646 on: February 11, 2010, 01:04:12 AM
Cool, I think that I have a picture that I put somewhere.....you need it?
Though Kenny's hand seems better than Zero's, it seems less awkward.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #647 on: February 11, 2010, 01:07:21 AM
Cool, I think that I have a picture that I put somewhere.....you need it?

Yes she does!

Also, [tornado fang]ing sweet drawing.

Offline Black Mage J

• Sucking on fingers.
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #648 on: February 11, 2010, 01:18:58 AM
I was asking it cause I thought I posted it a while back in this thread.
I believe this will work, scroll around 1/2 of the way

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #649 on: February 11, 2010, 01:37:38 AM
Or just link to the post.
http://forum.rockmanpm.com/index.php?topic=82.msg170571#msg170571

Who's Rockman Kenny?